the Rift

Trouble Returns (Psyche, Therror, Plague)

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth

I walk, feeling weary. This mare that walks beside me is a unicorn, but some how I feel she is just another bland face. I want to be with those I love and adore. I quicken my pace, and with a medium tone I bark at the one behind me.
“We must move quickly, the Aurora Basin is further away than I thought, and I want to catch Psyche and the others when they are still about. It is very important we do this.” I stagger, not really wanting to see them as so much not be alone with strangers. This is a new feeling for my black heart, and I shake the sense out of my head. I hate this new feeling immediately, and I feel stupid. I’m a mare black inside and out, and nothing is going to change that. The Plague is my family, but I of course don’t really feel for them. I don’t love them or hate them. I would probably die for some of them, but otherwise that’s it. Silver shines in the dimming light as we approach the mountains of the North. I see a herd before me, and I almost collapse when I reach the boarders. I see a mare of black I know to be Psyche, and I call out to her, my sister in arms.
“Psyche!” I shout her name, a call of desperation. I know she trails behind me, Therror, and I don’t much pay attention to her for the moment. “I’m finally back. You don’t know where I’ve been. It was a place close to hell, crawling with hornless and feather brains alike. I killed a few, but there were too many…” She shivered, not wanting to bring herself back to that awful place. “Still, I’m here again, ready to reclaim my place in the Basin and the Plague. Tell me, did you miss me?”

Words

words.

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

A scent hit his nose, and his head came jerking up. For a moment, Crowley stood still, reaching into the depths of his mind to try and pull a name or a face to it. A moment passed, and then he was able to recall; it was that of the Basin's Corporal, his once overseer within the Plague, Elizabeth.

It was strange to think that the dark mare had finally returned to them; the last that he'd heard, she'd been taken away to the Dragon's Throat, never to be heard from again. Then again, had Psyche not been in their clutches at the same time? She was back, and better than ever. Elizabeth, however... Where had she wandered off to? How had she managed not to become a heaping pile of dry, cracking bones in the desert?

Feeling a wave of confusion from their bond, Talbot looked up at the stallion from where he lay and gave a whine and thump of his tail. It was enough to draw Crowley away from his musing of death, who promptly looked down at the pup. "Come, Talbot," he said, almost immediately moving into a steady trot, "There's someone we must meet." Eagerly, the hound got to his feet and went scampering after his bonded.

It didn't take long for Crowley to arrive at the one passageway that led into their home, and there, his eyes could easily detect the Corporal's dark form as it contrasted against the white of the snow. There was another with her, a unicorn with the strangest of coloring, as well as a crescent moon on her hip... Talbot, however, seemed oblivious as ever, and merely seemed to grow more rambunctious as they closed in on the two mares.

As he moved closer, the Weaver was hardly able to contain his laughter, which was made obvious by his trembling lip. "Good to see you again, Corporal," he managed to say, "I was afraid you might have been bested by the ones who stole you."

I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

Totem Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Totem
Time waits for no one, so do you wanna waste some time?

Leaping paws come to rest as unexpected sounds reach the pup. Normally, any voices he hears are far to distant to bother with, but these are coming from the mountain pass. For a moment, Laise hesitates, debating whether or not to investigate, but one of the speakers is familiar. The oddly striped beast had called for Totem once, and the pup had sensed a fleeting approval from his bonded once he had led the buck to the meeting. Perhaps he could gain even more if he brought Totem to him again. Elemental marked tail wags enthusiastically as he bounds back to the cave where his friend rests.

His arrival is hardly acknowledged, eyes the color of fire resting on him for only the briefest of moments before losing interest. Laise's cheerful mood falters, halted by that quick glance. It is difficult to gain attention from his bonded, nearly impossible really, and the neglect has a severe effect on the hound. He is desperate for affection, craves it with his entire being, yet he might as well be mentally linked to a stone. Of course, that is why he must take Totem to the brindled creature. Reminded of his quest, he rushes to the bay, tumbling over his own paws in the process, and nips lightly at the stallion's legs, urging him into following.

Once he is certain of his bonded's compliance, the whelp charges out into the snow again, yapping sharply whenever he senses the stag's attention begin to wane. Fortunately, their journey is a short one, the three unicorns coming into view within minutes. Nerves begin to slow the headlong pace of the pup, slowing him until he trots beside his stag, rather than rushing in. Being raised apart from others has molded him into a rather anti-social creature, confident around his bonded alone, but skittish in the presence of others. But unlike the last time he was forced to sit amongst a gathering, he walks forward with a false surety, striding in rather than slinking. Feeling the distant pride of Totem bolsters him further, and he even manages to wave his tail and yip at the other pup in an invitation to play. The bay does not rebuff this small display, nor does he speak, simply watching and waiting. For while the stallion may be a guard, Laise has learned that his bonded is also incredibly apathetic, doing nothing unless necessary, or unless he will gain from words and actions.

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

"Elizabeth, it's good to see you again."

Last time I had seen the mare she had been trapped in the Throat, the one place I despised of which happened to be home to the one I loved. Oh, and it was also where I had meet the pair of bitches, Kri and Aryel. The whole meeting had ended up in my wide pipe being squeeze till I had to get out of that place and a spar between Kri and Elizabeth, which, much to my dismay, Kri had won. Anyway, as I had suspected, she had been rescued soon enough.

My last visit to the throat had nearly ended in the same way to. I am pretty sure Aryel would have tried to pound my head into the ground if Ayaka wasn't there but as I said, she would of tried to pound my head into the ground. She wouldn't stand a chance. I would be ripping her guts out before she even knew I had moved from the ground. Ayaka was the only thing stopping me from doing so. I loved her and whilst she was around I found myself fighting against myself to stay calm and not lash out or snap.

It turned out I wasn't the only one here, both of whom I recognized. Crowley, the brindled stallion who had offered me a place at the Plague, and Totem the silver bay who had also been offered a place with the Plague. Whilst speaking I was still gradually approaching the three. Now though I was facing Elizabeth, standing in between the other two.

[Sorry this was terrible]

"blah blah blah."

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The fae found herself wandering the Basin yet again. By now it seemed to be a hobby of hers. Her bay coat was covered in white hair and her dark mane and tail whipped about in the gusts of cold wind. Searching for a group of horses, the filly was in luck. A few horses had gathered, and even a white wolf. Instincts told the fae to run from the wolf, but upon realizing he was part of the Basin, she decided the wolf was safe to approach. Slowly making her way towards the group, the filly questioned what they were discussing.

Creeping up and trying to take a good look, the small filly slipped on a slab of ice, and went crashing towards the dark mare with the white markings on her back. Squealing in surprise, the filly backs up, embarrassed. "S-sorry ma'am." Lowering her head, the filly felt her body burning with shame. The fae flicks her ears back, flicking her leonine tail. Raising her head, the small filly began to speak again. "I'm quite sorry, may I know what your name is, ma'am? I'm Frost Fyre." The filly looks at the dark mare with her dual colored eyes, then at the others. She smiled as she saw small pups weaving their way through the two stallions' legs. "How cute, what kind of species are those little things?" The filly asks, smiling. The one that was beside the brindled stallion was a little strange, producing green gunk that dripped from it's maw. A little sick, the filly looked at the one that bounded around the bay stallion with the cream hair.

The fae glances at the wolf, still a little nervous. So far though, it didn't seem to be harming her, in fact, it wasn't even touching the horses. It acted as though they were old friends. A little confused, the filly stepped back from the others. Fear gripped at her stomach for a moment before she shook it away, thinking she wouldn't be hurt by these older horses.

Hopefully, anyway.

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

Therror Posts: 4
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 hh :: 9 y.o. (Ages in Orangemoon)
Ina
I had been wandering next to the dark mare Elizabeth since the forest, but I didn't know why. Why did I follow this stranger? I did not know her or her past, did not know if she wanted good or bad.
She had taken me to a cold place, the Basin, as she called it. I would rather call it a hellhole made of ice and snow. Why had I followed her? Was I desperate for a home? Did I need a herd to take care of me and protect me?
Not really.
Nope.

But still I had followed her like a little pup, my head hanging low and my purple tail swinging from side to side.
I stopped as I saw the mare stop and I backed away one step when she called out something. Psyche. Sounded like a psycho, but who knew? I knew I just wanted to get on with living my damned life and get out of here.
Elizabeth's words were of no interest to me, but when I saw someone come our way, my ears pointed back. Was this Psyche?
The unicorn was.. Ugly. Damn straight ugly. I observed him with disapproving eyes and raised a 'brow at his words. Corporal? This Elizabeth was of high rank?

Who would've guessed?

The ugly unicorn was a stallion, if I judged by the voice, and next to him was a little dog. An ugly dog, just like it's owner. Ugh, if there were only unicorns like him then I would've back down on leaving.
Another unicorn came to sight, this one a lot more handsome than the first. He was something I wouldn't back down on - well, maybe. He too had a little ugly pup with him and my interest disappeared slightly. Freaking ugly creatures...
Somehow all the souls here seemed to be drawn here, because just as I observed the surrounding with my golden gaze, a wolf appeared. A freaking wolf. Did he live here?
Did they have a wolf as a part of the herd?

Really?

He seemed to be ignoring me and I flicked my ears back even more. No one ignored me like that. And he wasn't the only one to ignore me, for soon came a little shy yearling who also pretended not to see me.
The fuse within me burned shorter and shorter, but I would try to keep my temper long enough for me to get out of here. I cleared my throat to draw attention to me and I gazed upon the unicorns... And the wolf. Yuck.
"Are all of you part of this... Basin?" My voice was bored and I whipped my tail. I just wanted to get out of here so that I could be alone again. Maybe I shouldn't have followed this mare.

"Therra. Who are you?" I didn't leave out my full name to the gathering, because... Well, I preferred Therra as my calling name.
Therror sounded like a boy's name in my ears.

Word count: 500
OOC: ._. Bad, but I needed to post and sooome parts of this was good? xD

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

DEATH YOU WILL MEET SOON
WHEN UPON THE SKY IS THE MOON

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

It was not often that the shadow-mare gave in to memory, but on this day, she chose to do so. It had been a quiet day, and she had retired to the shade under a clump of trees near the hot springs. They had steamed faintly in the morning air, and she had allowed herself, for a few moments, to doze. It was then that her mind delved into the past, pulled from thin air a conjuration of a mare that she had known excessively well for a short period. It was odd how those that she disliked the most had become her most trusted; Faelene, for example, had almost earned her enmity, but luckily, the Empress had realized that the red-maned spoke sense. Now Faelene was the Basin Thief, alive and well among her highest ranking officials.

Similarly, the dark, scarred mare that had been imprisoned with her within the Throat had earned her trust. Their first meeting was tense as both of them strove to prove that they were better, harder, more racist than the other. Presumably, the shade had won, as Elizabeth had rather easily fallen under her rule in the weeks to follow. And when they had been captured, they had plotted the downfall of the Throat. The jackal had escaped, leaving her behind - and it had taken a long time, far too long a time, to get the remainder of her herd out of their clutches. They would pay for it one day, of that the Lady was sure, but for now she had been content to declare neutrality with the Throat in return for the release of her followers. Elizabeth had not been among them, and she had wondered what had become of the mare.

And so it was that the call came to her half-asleep auds. She flicked them uneasily, struggling for a moment to remember. Her head shook slightly, amber gaze opening. And then she raised her head, assuming the regal stature that had become so inherent to her persona. It sounded like Elizabeth, but surely that could not be the case. Pistons began to move in a blur. She would not sprint, no, it was not an emergency, and she was sure that there were many closer to the source of the call than she. She would not rush. Instead, she cantered easily across the valley. Upon her arrival, she counted far more than she had expected, and a swell of pride rose in her breast. They were her family, her followers, and they had surpassed her expectations for patrolling her borders.

There was Crowley, the stallion that had grown to hold a place amongst her most trusted. He had proven himself time and again, taking a pegasus prisoner and recruiting many to their cause. He would be well rewarded, one day, of that she was sure; the beginnings of a plan sprouted in her mind, but she pushed it aside. That would be for later. Beside him was Totem, a new recruit, one that she knew from his desire to patrol her borders. She was indifferent to him, mostly because she had not spent much time with him. She had, however, watched him closely, and Crowley had recruited him into her organization with her blessing. She would have to ask the brindled stallion if Totem was doing well.

And there was Lupus, the wolf that had joined them. He, too, had accepted an offer of an alliance with the Plague. She had nothing against other species. In fact, she shared a certain kinship with the canine, as she could shift into a jackal. She knew firsthand how useful such a one could be as an ally, and he had continually proven his worth. She hoped that he was satisfied in her lands; she would hate to lose him. Watching him warily was the young Frost Fyre. The filly had seemed to adopt Psyche, and the Empress was sure that the youngling could be molded to her ways. She really should make more time to be a mentor to the fae, but she had trouble sparing enough time for even her trusted advisors. She would have to do something about that.

And finally, facing the little half circle that had formed, was the mare that had been on Psyche's thoughts not even half an hour before. She looked none the worse for wear, and the shade was sure that she would spend much time discussing where Elizabeth had been for all this time. With her was an oddly colored mare who did not seem particularly pleased with either the company or the lands - but then, she could just be one of those mares that wasn't happy about anything. A mental shrug, and then the Lady addressed the small gathering. She greeted her own first: "Crowley, Totem, Lupus, Frost Fyre," she called them each, a touch of warmth in too-sweet vocals.

Perhaps they knew by now that her words were an enticing honey, designed to draw them in; regardless, they would know that there was an undercurrent there reserved solely for them. Perhaps it was pride, perhaps it was affection - no matter what it was, though, it was there. Finally, orange orbs turned to Elizabeth. "Elizabeth. I do hope you are well, darling? It's been ever so long. We have much catching up to do, you and I. And you, my dear," she added, addressing the oddly-colored one, "I'm afraid I don't know you. My name is Psyche the Dark Empress, the Lady of the Aurora Basin. Welcome to my home."

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth

As I speak heads turn and come to my position. It’s almost as if I’m luring them, beckoning them as if I have a secret to share with all of them. The first is the brindled stag Crowley, who I remember fondly. I see someone new beside him, and I’m guessing it’s his companion. I look at the small dog with yellow stripes and smile, a fitting creature to serve the Plague and the dark stallion.

The next is a stallion I am unfamiliar with, and he offers me nothings. He too approaches with a dog, a hellhound, and he speaks no words, just simply stares, waiting for something to happen. His hellhound is tan in color with blue eyes and red streaks around him, something that is new to me. I wonder to myself if this stallion is in the Plague

And another dog shows, but this dog is on his own. The wolf Lupus, white with grey eyes, another member of the Plague. I smile, one that comes across my lips as devilish, perhaps even cruel. These are the people I missed so dearly, and oh how I have.

Suddenly, a small filly hits me, tripping and slipping on ice. Clumsy fool, she apologizes and gives her name, which I could any less care about. I can feel my anger raise, and I have the urge to snap at the young fool, and tell her off. Shouldn’t she be with her mother? Instead, I keep my smile, giving her a look of slight mischievousness, but offer nothing but sweet poison.

“You should learn to watch yourself little one. You might bump into someone that isn’t the nicest someday.” Next, the fool I brought with me speaks. My poison turns sour, and I give her a look of disdain. Is she that dumb? I shake my head, and turn to face her. “Of course they’re from the Basin. This is the Aurora Basin, where you’re standing right now. And this-” I turn and face each one, saying their names “is Crowley, his new hellhound, which I do not know the name of, another stallion and his companion, both of which are also nameless to me, Lupus, and Frost Fyre.”

Before I could say anything else, movement brought my attention away as a black mare came toward the crowd. I smile again, feeling familiar with her form. Psyche, the mare I was trapped with in the retched stink of sand castles and hot air, the leader of the Plague. Honey vocals dip in and out as she repeats the name spoken just moments earlier, and finally go to rest upon my own. Smile sickens me, as I know she is just as full of lies as I am, but there is more to it than that. She moves with a different posture now, and there is something in the way she acts that makes me wonder if something has happened. The DarkEmpress. Lady of the Aurora Basin. Psyche? I intended not to laugh, but I do. I wish not to be rude to her, and I speak with the same poison as she does.

“Oh my dear Psyche. Not to be rude, but I wasn’t expecting you to be the Lady of this land. Congratulations, Gods know you’ve earned it.”My poison slips away for only a second, and I smile for her. She has become a friend of mine, or at least I would like to think, and I wonder that now. “It has been much to long…I’ve been stuck in hell, but that is for a later time. I found this mare, Therra, in the threshold, and I thought I would bring a coming home gift, if you don’t mind. Psyche the DarkEmpress, I have come to claim my positions back, if you wish me too.”

Words

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

It had been his assumption that their dear Haruspex was the only one with clouded sight in the Basin. It seemed he was wrong.

Crowley watched with blatant revulsion as the young filly went careening into the Corporal, after having slipped up on some ice. Granted, the footing was not the greatest in some parts of the Basin, but... seriously? It took every ounce of his being to keep from snapping at the filly for her childish move, but somehow, he managed to keep quiet.

Talbot, however, watched with his head tilted to the left, curious as the what exactly what was going on. His tail began to wag from side to side in a fit of excitement when he saw that the filly was looking at him, and he gave a whine, displaying his obvious want to bolt forward and try to play with her. A strict, mental 'no' from his bonded kept him in place, though. "He is a Hellhound," Crowley spoke up at the spotted girl's question, watching with a narrowed gaze as she soon looked away from Talbot, almost appearing suddenly sick. What the hell?

First impressions were taken at high value in the eyes of the Weaver, and so far, this new, strangely colored mare with a moon upon her hip, was not winning over his good side. However, he mentally shrugged off the mare's bitchy attitude, listening to her lazy voice speak up. She didn't even seem like she wanted to be here; why had she come? And of course they were all of the Basin; they weren't just a bunch of unicorns that gathered every other night to play games and pick on the local hornless.

He was about to say those very words when a familiar voice caught his ears, and instantly, he took a deep breath to douse his fiery words. The one that had spoken his name was their dear leader, the Crux herself, Psyche. Her words were as sickeningly sweet as ever, but they still managed to pull the Weaver's lips back in a wicked smile. Instead of speaking, he simply gave their leader a respectful nod of his head and allowed her to take over the situation, but he stood where he was in case he was further needed.

He truly wished that he could speak with the Empress alone some day, perhaps to formulate some sort of plan with the dark mare. But maybe another day.

I've been to the backside of Hell
And I've played with your fear
And enjoyed it well