the Rift

Let The Light Shine Through Roses(Open)

California Luck Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I was scared that no one here would like me. I was born wild but my mom had died when I was two weeks old. I was taken home by a little girl who had loved me even though I was a unicorn. Then when I was one the little girl was killed in a riding accident. The girls father had beat me. Now I have scars from the whip that was used on me. Her mate was still there at the farm and she would look for a new mate. I am pregnant and alone how could my best friend die and leave me all alone it just wasn't right. I need some one to take the place of the little girl and her mate. I am so scared, lonely, heartbroken, and lost here. I hate how I ever loved them and let them love like I did. I just want a good life for me and my unborn foal who I might name Lucky Sunset. I am ready to start new and find some one else to love like I did my mate and the little girl who had raised me. I am alive today because of the little girl. I wander if my mate is happy now that I am gone and he don't have to see me. He had started to hurt me when I wouldn't listen to him either. All I want right now is some friends and a new mate who I could talk to and they could help me with my foal once its born.

OOC:Open to any one.(also open any herd who would want her)

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
My wings ache. So do my hooves. Funny, actually, how both my tools for air and land feel like a freight train just ran over them. I land with a thud and drop onto the ground, just lying there staring at a small ladybug. I remain there for a moment, pondering whether I just heard a shuffling of feet or if it was me. I rise and hobble on my young yet tired feet towards the sound. My nostrils are wide and air races in and out of them like a distressed dog. I trot faster, my Thoroughbred lines slipping into my mind. I slip into a long, lanky canter, not going for show this time.

When I arrive into the midst of the other creature, I snort, thinking back to the home before this one. Or should I really say home? No. My mind wanders and I end up plopping my head into a tree. A curse slips out of my throat into the humid air. I flap my wings to air out the beads of sweat gathering on my back as well as my feathery attachments. I stomp, now standing and not walking, when my aching wings scream at the muscle use once again.

"Hello. How's your life going?" My slight but steady voice fills the air, and my heart beats faster as my dark brown orbs see who I am talking to- a unicorn. How elegant. I shouldn't hold it against her, but she has so much a liking to Kindling that I can't help but gasp. Well, except for the fact that Kindling had the biggest wings I have ever seen, and this mare has a spiky horn that I hope to be on the good side of. I hope she thinks I sucked in my breath at her beauty. It would cause a question of why. I hate whys. They annoy the heck out of me sometimes. Because who would ask why or what if when it is only a matter of opinion? Many arguments started that way. Kindling hated me for arguing about them all the time. That was before she decided that being her sister didn't give me the right to control her. And left. Good for her.

Maybe this off-in-another-world chick won't be like that.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

I walk, my hooves carrying me back to the Threshold. I’m in a giving mood today, and I’m here to over those a home with unicorns, the best species. My steps echo as I move on solid ground. My footsteps would normally be drowned by snow, but it’s summer, and even the snow in the Basin is lighter than normal. The sun is bright in my eyes, and I feel my mood decrease with each hoof touching the ground. I sigh, my breath coming out in a hot flare. I’m prone to sighing, and my mood often reflects this. I look ahead at the green paths and I am disgusted. I’ve always hated the color green, and white suits me much better. Though no part of my body is wholly white, I still relish in the color, seeming to thrive in it. The coldness of the Basin still sticks to me, and though the sun shines on my black skin, I still feel the cold pull of my eternal winter. My soul seems to be in the same kind of state; I’ve always had a black heart, and frankly I don’t give much for emotion. It’s bitch, and you put so much energy into something that won’t make a difference anyways. I hear a voice then, and I’m well into the middle of the Threshold by now, and I’m wondering if I’ll actually find a unicorn here. My first glimpse tells me no, I won’t. I see a feather brain, and I don’t pay much attention to it. I shall give no such thing any of my precious time. I walk past the thing, disgust, and I make sure I let her know it. I throw a disgusted and threatening look her way, the move on. The unicorn in front of me looks like a draft of some sort, bay colored and heavy hair. The horn on her head is unmistakable, and I quickly spout words from my harsh lips.
“Tell me unicorn, wouldn’t you rather be in the presence of your own kind, and not that of something that doesn’t have the same intelligence?” I smirk, choosing my words without care. “I can offer you a home where the unicorn race lives alone, separated from the scum. Are you interested?”

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
I hoped the pegasus and the unicorn mares were friendly because she wanted all of them to be friends. I said"I am California Luck but you can call me Cali for short. My life well I guess its ok. I was raise by a little girl who died in a riding accident. Then I was beaten by the little girls father. My mate left me and now I am pregnant. So hows yours? May I ask your name? I woul d love a plce to live." I hope my mate found some one else to love. Why did I have to fall in love with him in the first place. I am now wild again and I am happy to be. Why did I have to be so stupid as to fall in love with my ex mate and the little girl who was my best friend. She had raised me since I was two weeks old and I would not be alive today if it wasn't for her. Some times I regret that I had let myself for loving them like I had. I need some one to take the pain away from my heart. I hate feeling so alone and scared like I do right now. I am so heartbroken and pregnant. I know I love him but that didn't give him the right to treat me the way he did when I was with him. I hung my head in shame as I hated who I had become and those who I had loved. I was treated badly by my mate and by my friends father who had beat me with a whip and his hands every time I didn't listen to him.

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
"Robin is my name. Black Robin. And I have no place for you to reside. Nor do I for myself." I reply short and steady, hoping she won't notice that I didn't include the part about my life. I will never bring that up. I reach around and scratch under my wing, being fidgety as always when talking to someone. Her voice. I pains me. I scratch harder, then yank my head out from under my wing and stomp. Then I remember that this isn't really Kindling, and that only she knows the sign of stomping-stop arguing.

As I take on this realization, a beautiful and prideful-looking dame makes her way in. She shoves right on past me, and as I understand that this is meant as a rude move, my temper fails. "If you have a problem with me, get your cute little self AWAY from myself and my kind!" I exclaim loudly. Then she proceeds with uttering the rudest insult to winged equines that I have ever witnessed filling my ears in my life. “Tell me unicorn, wouldn’t you rather be in the presence of your own kind, and not that of something that doesn’t have the same intelligence?” Have the same intelligence! I am NOT stupid, though this crappy-acting girl don't seem to think so. “I can offer you a home where the unicorn race lives alone, separated from the scum. Are you interested?”

When the horrible mare shoves these words into the air, she has all but made me explode-literally. "If you utter another sound in disgrace of my kind, I daresay..." I do not like to cause trouble, but she is annoying the very thought of peace out of me. I will not let this make me get all boiled up. I sigh a very angry sigh, and tuck my wings neatly, setting off into a smooth canter, leaving the area of the two, making a point of shoving into the jerk of a mare that has insulted me more than Kindling in her older days or even Inkto.

This is the reason my sister took off with my only mate. I am the reason.

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

I quickly turn around and bare my teeth at the pegasus mutt. I look at her, hatred filling my eyes and anger filling the hollow hole in my heart where love should have been. She’s so ugly, I almost feel sorry for her. Her wings are big, her feathers giving off a glow. She makes me want to rip them off and laugh I stare at her, my eyes trying to give her the feeling of a cold sweat. She should know better not to mess with me, and I’ll tell her so.

“You better back off bitch. You don’t want to fuck with me. I will look at you, talk about you or to you any way I wish, and there is not a single thing you can do about it. You know why? Because you’re a worthless, nothing feather brain. I am a warrior, I’ve fought all my life, and I will no hesitate to kick your fluffy feathered ass.”

I bark at her, moving closer towards her, showing her that I was indeed serious. With one last glare I turn back around towards the unicorn. I barely listened to her in the first place, but I remembered her name and that she was pregnant, and that she was talking about her family.

“I’m sorry to hear that your family is gone. Your child will be save in the Basin, and there are other children there for it to play with. Shall we go, or are we still going to sit here with that thing?”

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered
I said"Ok we can go but I will not be rasist against other kinds of horses. Please don't fight right now." I wandered why others are so mean to those who are different than thay are. I was naot going to raise my son or daughter to be mean to those that are so different than they are. I will not let him watch others fight or kill those that are pegusus or equines. I kind of felt scared of those other to mares right now since I think they are so close to getting into a fight. I hope my little will be safe here. My ex-mate left me for some one much prettier than me. He left me after he had gotten me pregnant. Why did every one I love leave me. How could all this happen to me and my unborn foal because I don't understand it at all. My life is just confusing. I hate that I fell in love with those that I had loved. How could my best friend die on me like she did. All I know was that she died in a riding accident and I'll never see her again. Why did I have to fall in love with him in the first place. I am now wild again and I am happy to be. My mom had died and my dad well I don't know where he is or what happened to him at all. Some times I wander if my dad is alive at all or if he is dead.