the Rift

Invasion Round Three :: Cluster One

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
You have 72 hours to respond to this round. Before the round is over, HERD LEADS can send cluster change request to the OFFICIAL account.

Further information can be found in the Detailed Rules under the Chaos Style invasion section.

Argetlam has been knocked out due to the player's request, those from his cluster assume dual characters aided in his fainting.
Verenia Rinta has been knocked out by Peixos.
Quilyan has been knocked out by Gaucho.
Ktulu has been knocked out by Ariadne.

Ariadne
Gaucho
Lakota
Aryel
Peixos

Angora Posts: 71
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: Died at 6yo Buff: NOVICE
Vallie
THIS IS ARIADNE, BUT I ACCIDENTLY POSTED WITH ANGORA! NOT ANGORA!

[Image: wgui47.jpg]

She wears a coat of color, Loved by some,
Feared by others

KTULU WAS NO LONGER ARI'S WORRY. SHE HAD KNOCKED THE MARE OUT. THE OH SO STRONG LEADER OF THE GREY HAD BEEN BEAT, BY ONE OUTCAST. IT COMES TO SHOW THAT IF YOU WORK HARD YOU CAN SUCCED, BUT NOT ONLY HAD SHE MANAGED KTULU AWAY, BUT KTULU HAD RIPPED HER LEFT FLANK NEARLY IN HALF. HER HORN HAD STREAKED ALONG ARI'S BODY. ARI HAD MISSED KTULU's CHARGE COMPLETELY, BUT THE MARE HAD COW KICKED AT ARIADNE, AND NOW THE SILVER MARE LIMPED. SHE HAD BEEN COW KICKED, NOT TOO HARD, BUT HARD ENOUGH. IT HAD BEEN ON THE HIND OF HER LEFT THIGH. ARIADNE, HAD RUN AWAY AND STANDS 10 GALLOPING STRIDES AWAY FROM THE. KTULU HAD ORDERED BIRCH TO DO A DOUBLE ATTACK, BUT THAT HAD ONLY ALERTED HER OF ONCOMING BIRCH. KTULU HAD FALLEN, AND NOW JUST BIRCH. BEFORE BIRCH COULD ATTACK HER, TINEK HAD BLASTED FROSTBITE COLDNESS TOWARDS HER BACK. IMEDIATALLY, THE MARE LOST FEELING IN HER BACK AND STARTED SHAKING ALMOST LIKE A STROKE, BUT IT WASN'T. THE STINGING PAIN OF THE ICE SETTLING IN HER SPINE. IT HAD RENDERED HER SLIGHTLY INABLE TO AVOID THE EENOURMOUS BIRCH AS HE LOPED TOWARDS HER.

JUMPING FORWARD, birch RAMS HER LEFT HINDQUARTER AS SHE SIDE STEPS AT LEAST TWICE TO REGAIN BALANCE, BUT WORSE HAPPENS. HE BUCKS OUT AT HER, BUT HER JUMP FORWARD HAD MADE HIS AIM, OFF. HE HAD ONLY KICKED THE WISPS OF HER TAIL. "FOOL." HER VOICED BOOMED MUCH LOUDER THAN HE MIGHT'VE THOUGHT. NOW IT WAS FOR THE ATTACK. SHE WENT FOR lakota. ARIADNE HAD CIRCLED AND STALKED UP BEHIND THE MARE. SHE STOOD NEXT TO THE MARE NOW. HOPEFULLY THE ROAN HAD BEEN TO FOCUSED ON BATTLE. ARIADNE USED HER TONGUE AND TRIED MIMICKING OPHELIA'S VOICE. "LAKOTA TURN AROUND." ARI COW KICKED OUT WITH HER RIGHT FOOT GOING FOR lakota'S LEGS. WHICHEVER SHE COULD GET. THEN ARI LUNGED WITH HER LIPS OPEN, PEARLS OPEN TO. SHE LUNGED FOR THE MARE'S SHOULDER. HER LEFT SHOULD. SHE BITE DOWN HARD AND PULLED BACK. UNSURE OF SHE HAS PULLED A FEW HAIRS OFF, OR SKIN ALSO. ARI'S ATTACKS WERE FULL OF STRENGTH AND POWER. EACH TIMED PERFECTLY. MAYBE SHE'D BE ONE TO FEAR. "KTULU'S GONE. I knocked her out."

OOC:

-Ari is already out of the way when Ktulu charges her, but is cow kicked on her left hind thigh. -- Slight bruising.
-Hears Ktulu call to Birch and lunges out of the way when he rams. Her hindquarter is severely bruised. Misses his rear completely.
-Tinek freezes her back.
-Mimics Ophelia's voice and then cow kicks at Lakota.
-After that, she lunges at lakota and bites her.

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

The small mare had been taken care of by another stallion, and then it was on to the next defender, a seemingly never-ending torrent of opponents coming her way. The air was thick with dust, and her ears rang with the sounds of trumpeted challenges and screams of pain. Her nose drew in the confusing mix-match of scents, Throat and Gray and Foothills all rolled into a cloud of horse sweat and smell. This wasn't what she had envisioned when she thought of battle. Where was the glory? Where were the brave soldiers fighting evil? Where was the simplicity she had assumed there was?

But her experiences in Helovia had taught her that nothing was black and white like in the stories the Redrock elders had told. There wasn't simply a good side and an evil side. There were so many mixed morals and allegiances, and it seemed that you could lose your mind if you didn't have an answer for the ageless question of What am I fighting for?

With a snort and shake of her head, she tried to focus on the current battle. A charging grey mare with black spots caught her attention, and she realized she was going for a Gray horse. Well, maybe here was her chance to finally contribute. Aryel dug into her reserves of stamina and angled her course to gallop directly at the grey. She narrowed her eyes and tucked her head again, bracing for impact. The grey was already lunging at the Gray member, all Aryel could do now was try to slam her away. There was no time for a more complex and no doubt less dangerous attack. Like she had done for the other mare, she was aiming for the buckskin's barrel, intending for her chest and shoulders to collide with it.

Words: 300
Summary: Charges at Ariadne in an attempt to slam her away from Lakota.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

They are thinning out, crumbling beneath the weight of the Grey. Hawk eyes watched as Quilyan was felled, soon followed by Verenia. With nobody left to face, Lakota set her eyes to the battle her twins were fighting. What she hadn't expected to see was some mare fleeing the scene, and Ktulu...Ktulu...she felt as if she was trapped in molasses with how slow the world started to spin around her. Her beloved leader lay limp along the grass, and from her vantage point Lakota couldn't see if she was breathing. No! No no no no no! Anger, despair, and helplessness seized her chest, sinking white hot irons into a heart that had let Ktulu and the Grey inside. From her throat came a strangled mix between a scream and a roar as anger and agony mated within her tone. With speed she didn't know she possessed, she whirled on the bitch that had dared to harm someone so close to her heart. She didn't dare use 'that' word in that sentence. She is not dead damn it! Or was she? Lakota didn't know, was so shaken up she doubted she could focus enough to understand an answer if someone told her, but when the bitch tried to pantomime Ophelia's voice her rage only grew. First she hurt her young leader, and then she dared to try and mimic the other? Violet eyes were cold as ice, piercing her once they settled on her form. Wishing she could kill her with all the anger running rampant in her body. Aryel running her down was of no importance, for she thirsted for blood and she would get it if it killed her. Lakota surged towards the woman with a bellow. "I'll fucking kill you!" Fuck the Foothills! Fuck the battle! It mattered little to her now, all she knew was that Ktulu was gone and this bitch-! Fury wiped every coherent thought away, sentence unfinished in her mind. It took far longer for Ariadne's words to register in her brain, her emotions creating a solid wall she was trapped behind. Even knowing Ktulu would rise once more did not scratch the surface of her rage. Aryel's advances were welcome, seeing as Ariadne was the only non-Grey around, but Lakota was determined to strike as hard and as fast as she could before the others drew down on the mare as well.

Ktulu, Ktulu, Ktulu! Her mind wailed at her, yanking her back. She had failed her queen, too involved with her own battle to keep more vigilance. She had failed. But she would not fail this. No, she was going to make Ariadne pay. "I will paint with your blood, you cunt!" she hissed, poison dripping from every word. Behind it lay a promise to follow through.

Lakota slowed until Aryel had made her move before attacking, not wanting to get caught in-between. Whether Aryel had connected or not, Lakota corrected her position accordingly to greet Ariadne head on once more as the mare lashed out. Her left foreleg was grazed without any attempt to move. With how fast she was going, it would have been suicide to try and dodge anyways. Leg throbbing softly, she pushed on regardless. Vengeance was spelled out in her eyes. It may hurt, but she would give it back tenfold to Ariadne.

The bite to her left shoulder was troubling, and Lakota knew she had to dodge that one at least. She ducked as low as she could, her height making it substantially harder, and dropped her crown. It was dangerous at the high speed, hind legs sliding and moving down to drop her ass and hunch further to the ground. She'd had no other choice if she wanted to avoid it. The whelp scraped the very top of her mane, yanking nothing but hair. Lakota slammed herself forward, regaining the momentum that had diminished during the slide. Once she'd cleared Ariadne's teeth, she simultaneously whipped her head back up to try and catch her chin with her neck and shoulders. Following both the momentum and the sharp jerk of her head skyward, Lakota rose. Like an archangel she pushed upon her hind legs, height giving her extra reach over Ariadne. Still moving forward, it was nearly a lunge- but it only aided her attack. Sharp onyx hooves descended, aiming for her face and neck. It could likely crack her cheek or rip apart her skin down the arch of her neck, should it land, and it'd feel so fucking satisfying. It was nearly inevitable that they would collide considering Lakota's speed. Nevertheless once she'd dropped to all fours the poisoner moved close, never giving herself or Ariadne a moment to rest. Lakota slammed her right shoulder out towards Ariadne's chest, swinging her ass around in order to get the right angle, hoping to shove her back and make her lose her breath. She wildly snapped her teeth as her shoulder jutted out, mostly aiming for Ariadne's right foreleg due to positioning. But she'd spent too much time at a stand still for her comfort. Breaking away, running directly forward for the quickest escape, she cow kicked at the bitch as she left. Eyes moved to the others surrounding her, telling them to move in while she collected herself. As much as she wanted to take on Ariadne alone, she had teammates to consider.

---

WC: 900

Summary: Catches sight of Ariadne leaving due to looking over to check on Ktulu, since her previous target has fallen and she has time to do so. Begins to run towards Ariadne to prepare for her attack, not speeding up fully until after Aryel made her attack. Takes a hit to the left foreleg. Slides down in a rodeo stop to get under the bite, Ariadne yanking out strands of her hair when it connects. Shoves her head up to try and catch Ariadne's chin with the sudden upward movement, and follows that and the forward momentum to go into a rear that is a bit like a lunge. Aims her hooves towards Ariadne's chin and neck, right side. Prepares for collision since she was moving so fast during her lunge/rear. When she drops back down, she shoves her right shoulder out to Ariadne's chest to try and gain time for another attack, using her low position to bite at Ariadne's right foreleg. Then breaks away straight ahead to let Aryel and the others attack while she recovers and gets out of close quarters.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay
peixos

I didn’t know who the distraction was, but it was definitely the wit of my Wild Blue or the uproar from Gaucho’s bear as I brought down that tiny native mare. My back hooves clipped the honeyed cheek of Verenia Rinta in a close simultaneous move with the vicious bite I planted on her frosted haunch. I felt the glow of Raimo’s superheated fire blast on her face as I came down from my kick, feet regaining balance and pushing away quickly to free my tail from the hungry flames. I heard her small body go down behind me as I sought my new target on speeding legs. I pictured the face a charred, bony brittle, while her jaw stung bloody, possibly broken and that haunch badly bruised and oozing sweaty blood. There was no remorse as I’d become that cool, collected killer my orange-eyed love taught me to be. I understood the heat of war, and the sensations it brought to the quick thinking brain.

I rumbled across the grass again feeling the beads of sweat sewing their way into the hair of my flank and chest as the sun melted higher in the sky. It was reaching fingers over the warriors to play nasty games with their adrenaline. I ignored the boil in my guts and pushed on, feeling a wave of panic slide into my rapidly beating heart. I was not going to tire, not today. I felt a quick smile over my lips as I had the advantage with a sleek white coat, reflecting the sun rather than absorbing it.

Raimo caught up, hissing over the gentle gale displaying aerial maneuvers of excitement and victory in the one blast of heat that ate away the skin of Verenia’s face. I shared a gesture of scoff in the coming strides, and saw a mare, graced with the glory of gore on her side splitting her in two massive chunks.

‘Let’s take her out,’ I said mentally to Raimo, ready to take this mare, and throw her into the depths of unconsciousness.

I saw that the blue colored Lakota was struggling with a Pegasus mare also attending her aid. The pale mare was occupied with the lean roan, and I was slightly amused by my following of her.

I wanted Raimo to have a part of this one. I let him take range as I tried to think up a fast, deadly move under the swell of heat. Racing forward, the Wild Blue took incredible flight, rocketing low in the air, tendrils of air leaving lines in the wind. His ferocious mocha eyes narrowed into slits as he opened his jaws wide, exposing deadly razor teeth to maul the spotted ARIADNE’s jugular. He took a deep dive downward, displaying amazing aerial agility to fly the rest of the way straight at her neck, twisting his own neck to take a fearsome snap at the left side while letting a lick of flame roll away from his lips in attempt to sizzle the surrounding hairs. That’s when I leap into action, placing my hooves in a faster gallop, charging the smaller, leaner mare at the same side Raimo attacked. I was aware of the others around and wanted to face this bitch of a mare as she shouted the ignorant words of how she supposedly taken to the lead of my Grey. I’d show her knocked out.

As I neared Raimo was already back to the skies, I supposed he’d taken his attempt and fled for me to make myself at home with the abuse I was willing to place in her skin. I craned my neck, lowering my head to take a hard cruel snap to her left flank as I swapped leads to keep my balance in sure check. I wanted to duplicate the move on Verenia, so I dug my hooves into the ground, twisting my body in the air of a buck before lashing out my hind legs, finding beauty in the draft blood that poured bulk in my bones. My hooves were aimed for ARIADNE’s face as she attempted to latch on to LAKOTA’s haunch while the blue mare kicked out. Hopefully, I could get her cornered enough to place both attacks on the pale equine. This lithe mare wouldn’t stand a chance to the slightly taller, more brute-like agility I had. My open jaws followed up and took a snap for the girl’s pale barrel, hoping to add another dark spot to her unique pattern.

As my feet pressed back into the foreign ground and my body came to terms with my attack, I bent my head to the inside of my turn, angling myself outward to a clean getaway. Raimo and I spun around to see of the mare was still on her feet.

words; 802
summary; Peixos finished the attack regarding Vereina, knocking her out. After, he found Ariadne batting at Lakota and Aryel. He sent in Raimo to swoop down and throw a huff of flame at her neck and hopefully sink his teeth into her jugular for good measure. Peixos came in as Lakota was dealing out her kicks and angled himself to kick out at her face/neck while attempting to put a bite on her barrel. He speeds out to retreat to a safe distance with Raimo, hopefully before Ariadne has a chance to rebound.
companion; Raimo dives down to blast flame at Ariadne's neck and bite it 2/4

skyfall is where we start
a thousand miles and poles apart
where worlds collide and days are dark
you may have my number, you can take my name
but you'll never have my heart

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

As Gaucho soared away from the collapsed body of VERENIA RINTA, he had a moment to take stock of his injuries. Gliding west above the fray, the warrior realized that he only had the wound on his right shoulder, from where Quilyan's hooves had dug into his skin, insta-bruising and causing a hoof-shaped cut into the muscle. While it had bled somewhat, his time in the air had taken much of the strain off of his limbs, letting his wings do the majority of the work. As such, the wound was reduced to a dull ache, that would surely hurt more come the following morning. He had sustained more significant injuries during his recent spars. Idly, he wondered how Kri and My-dus were fairing.

Circling around, heading back towards the rising sun, Gaucho narrowed his steely gaze, observing the chaos below. Sar-gent Aryel, was, in his modest and humble opinion, completely flailing around. She was a pegasus afterall, what was she doing running about? While Gaucho did enjoy the feeling of slamming his body into another in close combat on the ground, given that there was only one opponent left on the field, why would she risk possible injury, by remaining ground-bound? Why had she not used her magic? Gaucho was not one to question authority, and Aryel did indeed outrank him... Yet Kri, their Sultana, had given them all an order. To fight. Aryel looked like she was half-assing it, at best, and that was certainly something Gaucho did not respect. They had all volunteered to be here, and although Gaucho was far too simple to fully understand Aryel's justification for not giving it her all, even if he could, he would have disagreed.

Gaucho was not a creature of mercy - it was not a concept that he understood. Although the foothills-mare below was horribly outnumbered, Kri's order had not come with any clauses. He had been ordered to fight, and that's exactly what he would do. Swooping low, he had time to see a blue-roan mare violently kicking out towards ARIADNE, while at the same time another male joined the fray, with a dragon who attempted to breathe fire onto ARIADNE as well. Arching himself so that his back would be warmed by the sun, and his silhouette while enormous, blotted out by the magnificent ball of fire, Gaucho began his decent.

Tucking his wings nimbly to his side, he began to drop faster and faster. His gaze narrowed to minimize the amount of his eyes which would water due to the air rushing past him, but also to help himself focus on ARIADNE. He had heard the mare boasting of how she had knocked out Ktulu, and it was a lie. He had seen it all unfold from above. She was an abominable fighter, and Gaucho wished for nothing more than to feel her body crumple beneath his outstretched hooves; to make her pay for her insolence and ignorance. His front hooves were outstretched - should she try and rear to meet him, he would try and aim for the right side of her neck. Although given his current speed and weight, if she brought herself off of the ground, he would almost certainly knock her over. If she turned her back to him, then it would be her withers and spine that he would try to direct his hooves towards. He was like a homing missile - his body the perfect marriage of speed and agility. He would not let ARIADNE escape his grasp. Gaucho screamed a war-cry, just before his body was about to try to impact, so that PEIXOS, LAKOTA, and ARYEL could get out of his way, if they hadn't already.

(Either hitting or not) Gaucho's massive black wings suddenly extended, lifting him up. He climbed for about 10 feet, before gliding around to the left, back towards the sun. He could feel Mara's mind pressing against his, demanding that he bring himself lower down again, so that she might drop onto ARIADNE. Surveying the battle field, Gaucho grunted and did not yield to her demands. 16 hooves flailed down below, and while Mara was exceptionally quick, an unlucky step would be all it would take to end her young life.

Remaining about 20 feet off of the ground, Gaucho suddenly bellowed a resounding cry; a sound deep and rich. Filling his lungs, he continued, almost sounding like a shaman calling for the rain. He didn't know where My-dus or Kri were, but should they, or the other members of the Grey hear his call, they would know that this chapter of the invasion had been solely successful.

Gaucho chose to remain in the skies, rather than landing, even though his gut told him the battle was over. Warily he eyed the remaining Foothills mare, waiting to see if she would collapse under the immense and incredibly force of 4 attackers. However, should she try and retaliate against those on the ground, he would put a swift end to her efforts.

[WC: 833 Magic: 2/2 Companion 0/2 Buffs BULK and SWIFT.
Summary: Gaucho flies up and away from VERENIA RINTA so that he is heading toward the sun. Circling around, so that the sun is at his back making it hard for him to be seen, he descends upon ARIDANE, with his front hooves extended to aim for the right side of her neck, or her back if she turns. He flies up and above the others afterwards.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.