the Rift

And So Falls The Demon...(Outcast)

Ebon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The blue flower swayed gently in front of him, totally oblivious to his desire to crush it into nothing. He had never been one for beauty, but the plant waving in front of him drew out his hatred, something he had long ago buried. How dare the plant act as if there was nothing wrong, nothing dark and sinister at work? Ebon paused, and shook his head violently, dispelling the relatively stupid thoughts that cluttered his head. He hated the flower because of what it symbolized-innocence, ignorance, hope-not because it was a flower. He raised a hoof to crush it, and then hesitantly lowered his hoof. He was being stupid again. He looked up, at the pregnant grey clouds above him, and wished silently that it would rain. This was what too much time on his hands brought. Stupid, idiotic contemplations and the desire to crush a stupid little flower. He wished he could hit his head on something. He looked down at the thick, dark forest encircling the bare hill he stood on, and idly wondered what monsters lived within it. Were they monsters like him? Or monsters like the things from his past? He ducked his head. He wasn’t ashamed of what he was, but he knew his thoughts were leading toward a dangerous, horrible path he wasn’t prepared to walk again. The sky suddenly released its heavy burden, and he smiled as water began soaking him and thunder exploded above him. Good. He heard something rustle softly behind him, and turned. His eyes widened in shock as a mare shot out of the woods toward him, wings flapping chaotically, dark brown eyes wide. He was too surprised by the appearance of another to say anything; and that was why she barreled right into him.

Piras Posts: N/A
Unregistered
(Outcast)

I walked gently on the grass beneath my hooves. Trees swayed silently above me, but the grey clouds gave way their violent nature. Thunder rumbled, shaking the ground with their voice. Where am I? Lightning flashed, brightening the silent world around me. I ran. I hated being alone. It was wrong for me. I ran and ran. Another flash of lightning and I slammed into a tree. I stopped, dazed. Where am I? I… Where? Thunder rolled, sending me to my feet. My head hurts. I’m lost. Where am I? I fell back down, my eyes going darker. A drop of water splashed onto my nose. Run. I must run! I heaved to my feet, head pounding. The ground was hard on my feet. The trees were not silent anymore. They raged, swinging back and forth, slapping me. Stinging me. Why? I tripped, falling into a hole of spiders. I panicked, jumping to my feet and running. They were everywhere! I ran, shaking off the spiders. A boom rocked the ground. I skidded to a stop, fearfully looking around. A shadow loomed out in front of me. Its claws were dripping from something, and spikes were protruding from its back. Its mouth opened, revealing the shadow of long spindly teeth. I ran, dodging trees and bushes. I tripped again, but staying on my feet. Shadows flashed by my face, more menacing than the last. Finally, I dashed into a clearing. There was a white figure there. Was that a ghost? I raced toward it, hoping it would help me escape the terrors of this forest.

Unregistered
Ebon tumbled back to the ground, more shocked than injured by his fall, as the mare limply rolled off of him and slid down the rain-slicked hill. What in the name of the Gods was going on? He staggered up, freeing himself from the heavy burden of her feathery wings. She was unconscious now, and he scowled. Great. Now he had to babysit. It was against his better judgment to stay, but he knew he couldn’t leave the mare-something had terrified her. And then he heard a snarl from behind him. Of course. He turned slowly, his ruby eyes glittering harshly in the eerie yellow glow of lightning. A shape-indistinct and shadowy, made mostly of sharp edges and corners-was slowly rising up out of the ground. A shadow? The thing slowly moved forward, and Ebon let a sadistic grin flicker across his face, just as another bolt of lightning struck-hitting a tree not too far off. It took all of his willpower to flinch-he knew he would have to act the part of a ghostly avenger because he was not in the mood to fight something. The creature let out a long, shuddering hiss, and was gone. A rumble shook the sky, and he slowly moved up to the top of the hill. All that he saw was the single, solitary blue flower was gone, a ragged clump of wounded earth in its stead. He laughed softly, and turned back to the mare. It was safer out here than in the forest, he knew that. And anyway, how was he supposed to move her?

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I was high in the sky, feeling the thunder rumble, the noise shaking deep within my veins. I was made for the air, for the crashes of thunder and the flashes of lightning. I freely glided with the current of the wind. My eyes were shut, and the wind violently shook me moving me from place to place. I finally saw a mare running below me when I finally decided to open up my eyes and scan the trees below. There was something going on in this place, and the mare seemed extremely startled by something, as if something were following her. I decided to go see what was going in, when I saw a mad stallion crushing flowers below, and that is when the rain dropped. I smiled wide, and even though the rain was quite the burden on my flying, I was so overjoyed. I finally saw the mare crash into the stallion, and I could barely supress my laugh. I finally landed.

"Looks like you two are caught in a tumble", I said with a joyful laugh. I was finally feeling happier than I was in a long time. My loss turned me hard of emotion, but I guess now I was feeling better due to the scenery. I saw the male shake the mare off of him, and I supressed laughter. She was out unconcious. How was he supposed to move her. Maybe I would try to offer some help. I was in a good mood anyways. "Hello there", I said, but my voice faded as I saw something in a shadows supress a long hiss. Instead of getting startled like any normal mare, I tensed up waiting for the attack, shifting into my battle mode staring straight at the thing, baring my teeth and opening up my wings. The thing went as fast as it came, leaving me bewildered. I saw the male walking away and I decided to follow him. Where was he going? The flower he crumpled lay there, and I saw him turn back to the mare. "Excuse me Sir, but what the hell was that?" I said referring to the shadow thing. "Excuse my language", I mumbled.

Unregistered
Ebon turned away from the hole in the ground and faced the mare again, sighing loudly and dramatically as he moved over to her. Curses, curses, curses, curses, he thought, although he was only mildly annoyed.
“Excuse me sir, but what the hell was that?” Ebon very nearly swore as an unfamiliar voice echoed across the dim clearing, and turned sharply. He froze for a second, only thinking; Sir? What in the name of the Gods?“Excuse my language.” The stranger, a grey Pegasus, muttered, almost looking abashed. Ebon couldn’t contain a snort of dark laughter.
“Don’t apologize for something as stupid as that.” He said, turning to look at the brown-eyed mare again. She was stirring, and she shook her head fuzzily as she staggered up.
“Please refrain from attacking me again, next time I may not be as nice to chase of your attacker.” He said, his tone coming out sharper than he had intended. He winced, and both mares stared at him. Darn his past. Of course he was suspicious of strangers-but he knew neither mare had aroused his suspicion, and for some odd reason he didn’t feel like being alone again. Ah yes, it was the flower. His stupid thoughts were threatening to come back again.
“W-Where are we?” The brown-eyed mare asked, eyes wide and confused. Ebon desperately wished for that wall again. She had amnesia, and was scared. He’d never been good at talking to others-how was he supposed to deal with an amnesiac? Not to mention the language-happy grey mare.

Unregistered
I awoke to 2 figures above me. One, the white ghost horse, the other, a dark grey Pegasus. “W-where are we?” They looked at me weird, like I was crazy or something. I’m not crazy. Am I? The white horse, a stallion, looked like he was in pain or something. The grey Pegasus looked at me in interest. Is there something on my face? Before I could ask, the white stallion looked at the grey Pegasus. “What’s your name?” the grey Pegasus asked. “P-Piras.” I replied. “I’m Storm.” She smiled at me, and then turned her head to look at the white stallion. “What’s yours?” The white stallion looked confused, “What’s mine?”
“Your name”
“Ebon.”
“As in Ebony?”
“Just Ebon.”
While they were having that pointless conversation, I tried to recall what I was doing before I woke to find these crazy horses. Nothing. My mine was blank until this point. All I remember is how to talk and my name. Why can’t I remember? I looked around. I found myself on a hill. The ground was all muddy. Flowers dotted the ground around the hill but none was found on the hill itself. There was a forest past the muddy ground of the small clearing. It felt dark and foreboding. I feel like I’ve been there before… “Do you remember anything?” Ebon asked, not entirely concerned. “I…. No. I don’t remember anything.”
“Great. Just freaking great.” Ebon paced back and forth in front of me, totally oblivious to Storm. She looked like she was about to say something but she stopped, probably thinking better of it.

Unregistered
I told her my name and she wearily looked up at me with scared nervous eyes. I knew she might be in temporary shock, but I wanted to her know I wouldn't hurt her at all. She then looked towards the white stallion and questioned to his name. He replied to her, and I was surprised when she thought his name was Ebony. Ebony was black. I almost gave a small laugh. And she certainly didn't remember anything. Oh well. "Lass, you were running, afraid of something, and then you just crashed into this lad", I said supressing another fit of laughter. Poor mare. I would offer her my assistance, if she was willing. Ebon asked her harshly, and he didn't seem entirely concerned, but now he just paced back and forth infront of her. I smiled, considering I was in such a good mood. "Okay then what do we do?" I said nearly snapping. I supressed it though. What fools. I was usually kinder than this, but I was still messed up. I looked at them. The storm behind us started up again drenching us. The mare was confused, and the stallion seemed kind of rude, putting me slightly on edge, and pushier than I normally would be. I was not the type to be tolerant of rude behaviour. The rain now was pouring in buckets, and my fur was soaked to the very core. "Well then. Piras, and Ebon. What a strange trio", I said not even thinking of the words coming out of my mouth. I barely said anything more. I probably made a darn fool of myself. "And Ebon, what was that thing that hissed at us?" I looked at him.

occ: I am sorry for having to say this, but you two are power playing. You guys are controlling the actions and words of other characters and that is not allowed on the site. I just want to help you so you guys won't get in trouble like I did. :)

Unregistered
Oh okay! You should point that out in your occ part! ♥ Just so they know. But with other posts don't do:

'“I’m Storm.” She smiled at me, and then turned her head to look at the white stallion. “What’s yours?” The white stallion looked confused, “What’s mine?”
“Your name”
“Ebon.”
“As in Ebony?”
“Just Ebon.”

That's not allowed on this site. But your writing style is truly incredible for new people. Most I encounter don't write so well, but you two are very descriptive. But since you can powerplay with a player's permission, I will let you power play Storm. :D These aren't my rules, and I just want to enforce them. (Please don't take this as being bossy or mean, because I just don't want you guys to get kicked off! ♥♥♥)

Forgot to point out:

If you have the other's player's permission, you can power play! ^.^

Unregistered
Your welcome. It is now in your authority to delete these occ messages. ^.^ I got introuble for writing them on the threads. Also, I believe it is your turn. :) (Delete this occ also)

Unregistered
I didn’t know what hissing thing they were talking about. But whatever. I got up but that was a bad idea. My head was spinning; the ground seemed too far away. Everything blurred, but then came into focus again. I was standing in a field. So different from the muddy, rain soaked hill I was standing on. There were 2 pegs. One was a filly, with the same fiery coat and golden mane as me, the other a much older stallion. He was a bright bay with dark legs and muzzle. “Piras,” the older stallion said. “Do you know what your name means?” The younger me shook her head. “It means fire, in the old language. Your mother wished it so. She loved you so much. You know that.” Younger me looks to the ground, obviously embarrassed. “I know Father.” Younger me looks up and grins at the stallion. That’s my father? Younger me runs off, leaving the older stallion in the field. My father sighs, shaking his head. “I’ll miss you Piras.” He runs off, jumping up and flying into the sky. “Wait!” I scream, galloping after him. I open my wings and follow him, but everything gets blurrier the farther I get from younger me. “No, No, NO!” I have to turn back. I can’t see in front of me. I land right next to younger me, my eyesight clearing. Younger me is running towards a little herd, foals dart in and out of mares legs. Is this my family? Everything is starting to go black now. I only wonder, Where’s my mother?

Unregistered
Ebon asked himself a serious question before answering Storm’s question. Did he trust these strangers? He hated himself for it already, but he did. He’d been alone for far too long before meeting them; that could obviously interfere with his thinking, make him desperate for-
Mentally, he banged his head into a wall again.
He was thinking too much, again. He had no idea what the thing had been. He’d thought it was a Shadow; but Shadows were things of his nightmares, the echoes that still rang in his mind, of a once shattered stallion. Things he had conjured up to face instead of the true monsters that haunted his thoughts. Figments of his own imagination. And, anyway, he had chosen his isolation, chosen to cut himself off from others. When he had gotten bored, he had talked to himself. That was certainly something he couldn’t forget.
By now he knew his hesitation had to be painfully obvious, but he decided to answer truthfully-or, at least as truthfully as he could, without making himself sound insane.
“I have no idea what it was. I have…nightmares. They have things in them, that looked like that-I call them Shadows-“ A crash of fading thunder cut him off, and he glanced up to see the storm fading. He then turned his focus back to the grey Pegasus, and sighed before continuing.
“That thing resembled one.” He fell silent, and he turned his head to look at the other mare, the one who had ran into him. Her eyes were wide, vacant-and suddenly she screamed.
***I THINK I NOW HAVE TO PUT THIS. PIRAS GAVE ME RIGHTS TO POWERPLAY HER CHARACTER, I GIVE HER AND STORM RIGHTS TO DO MINE. (Just don't do stupid stuff, Piras, as tempting as it can be-.-).****