the Rift

Raven's Revenge

Kοράκι Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I found myself on a rocky outcrop in the middle of a field. The grass swished with the breeze, sending pollen into the air. They look like snowflakes. I felt at home for a second, and then reminded myself my home was gone. This place is nothing like my home. My home is dark and cold, just like the horses that inhabit it. I hated that place with a raging heart. I will never go back there. Ever. I jumped down from the outcrop, careful not to disturb the peace I felt there. I continued walking, feeling the grass brush against my flank. My pendent swings in tune to my paces, making me feel happy again. This pendent was the only happy thing from the cold land of my birth. All there was blood, war, and suffering. I looked to the sky, admiring the deep blue of the sky. Where I come from, there were only dark clouds that spit forth dirty snow. Not a cloud in sight here. I think I might stay. I continued walking, coming to a small hill. I walked to the top to find that the grassy field continued, then meet up with a small river. There were a couple of trees on the banks of the river, leaves bending towards the river. I trotted up to the river and toke a long drink. The water was sweet and cool, delicious in my parched throat. I looked around but there was no one in sight.

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I spread my giant wings, seeing another fellow pegasus down below me. Anxiety and shyness gripped me again as I started approaching him, but I contained the fact that I wanted to run away and hide, and approached him with a happier emotion, but my emerald eyes betrayed my true anxiety. The lad was pitch black, just like night, opposite to the fact that horses told me I resembled fire. I felt pride of the fact that I used to be the Pheonix to my herd, but I suppressed it as I walked up to the lad. Pollen was flowing in the air, like tiny little snow flakes, and the field was swishing. I approached him as he bent down and lapped at water that was flowing in the river cutting through the field, and looked at his blue eyes. "Hello there, I am Pheonix", I told him in a strong, but kind voice, but with my nerves starting to nearly take over.

I stared at the lad, black as night. He had a silver chain necklace, and a tiny Raven pendant at the bottom. "And what must your name mean?" I questioned him, with a slightly scornful look. I wasn't trying to be mean, I just wanted to make an impression on him that I was tough. But I truly wondered to myself how long my facade would last. I would probably run off and hide in some trees. I took up my courage, walking past the stranger to get all the water I could to my cracking throat. "And what must your name be, Sir?" I asked him with a kind smile. I was shifting through emotions and I didn't know what to eventually do. Maybe, we would become friends.