the Rift

Spy.. SPIDER || Spying 1

Demetrie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Spidery legs striped with blue highlights provide frail-appearing support to a body of polished, carefully-chiseled ivory give this foal a feminine, fairy-like appearance. Almost in confirmation, she displays a fuzzy mane of smooth blue streaked with tawny. Fake timid eyes of celestial cyan hues peer out from a pink-hued ring of earth that is locked about his optics, not too far from the gradient of diluted mahogany that tints her muzzle. She is not a particularly massive or exceptional specimen of her species, but she is far from the worst. At this current rate of growth it appears as if she'll be at around 15.3 hands, averaging a little above middle ground between the heights of her mother and father. Already a bit of a long fellow, Demetrie will end up being somewhat beautiful, and will likely weigh in at around a thin slim weight.

She had a job. A job to do. To do this was very important to her family. Her family was the assassins. Demetrie was their spy, and she needed to do this now. She just needed to find the leader, but her voiceless drone would stop her from doing this.. well it would make this harder.. She needed all the information from this herd she could manage to suck up. She would possibly have to join this herd, and this could be a bonus or a negative. Where had her precious Spots gone? She had to focus. Her laspse in focus would kill her if they continued happened. She had to get into the mind frame.

She had to do this. She needed to. I have come not dwell on Spots, but suck the information out of these spineless fools. Her thoughts were mature for her foal-like body. She was a steel form. Muscular, and developed mentally. She'd be one to watch in the future.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia
I told you once, I told you twice
Have you no ears, have you no eyes?
If this is love then what is hate?
Do you understand my fate?

Spindly legs burst forth from beneath the slender chassis of the small filly and each step shook the earth beneath her. Her father had given her a thickness that was not often seen in foals her age, though not so often unseen. The mists hung around her like a close friend that was altogether uncanny given the heat of the day. Like a watchful dog it swirled about her, shifting between her knees as she slipped through the errant shadows of her home. Her father and mother had been left miles behind and without much to worry them they had let her roam as freely as she pleased. There was much that she was still learning as she was still so new and so young. A shrill cry carried through the breeze and she was once again racing along the borders of the Edge with a slight hitch in her gait. Whatever had caused her to wander so close to the realm of what was still unknown to her gave her fear enough to send her closer into the tree line until she stumbled upon a strange white filly.

Her scent was strange and altogether unwelcome despite the youth’s natural inviting warmth. A fastidious cry crested the quiet of their fated meeting and it would not be long before another stood to accompany them. But until she felt as though the situation was properly handled, she stood before the other with a gaze that gleaned a trace of something that appeared to be almost… malevolent. A small leg was brought forth from the ground and struck upon a stray stone and the echo was enough to shock even the child herself but the rush of the collision left her yearning for more.

She snorted impatiently as if waiting for some explanation as to why this vision of alabaster stood upon her door with no rhyme or reason. Another vicious kick was given and her eyes widened with the thrill despite her dark curiosity at the chance to experiment with her boundaries. Something within her mind alit with new knowledge at the idea and she neared the other with a callous grin. Perhaps it was her first sense of malignance that gave her the inclination to reach forth her parted jowls in attempt to snap them around a matted thread of fuzz as she has not yet words to share because they had not been learned and so still did she remain silent. Turning minimally away from the other, she threw her head into the warmth of the sun’s rays and graced the Edge with another piercing cry to break the sullen quiet.

She had yet the time to learn proper behavior in the presence of another and though she felt unsure of how to receive her, she was certain to press forward with tiny jowls hanging wide in evident warning. Everything about the other was strange and unknown and so she held her at bay with a generous gaze that would suggest anything but friendship.

Image Credits

Unregistered
Demetrie's steel gaze hardened quickly as the foal came up to her. What did this idiot want? Demetrie's silver ears flapped back against her skull. She was a dark souled one, yes, a mere wraith in the ivory of her silken coat. Her very name was speaking vowels of an aura of power and dominance, something less than holy, less than whole. This foal, newborn foal, would pay for her foul attitude. Demetrie walked toward her face. Close to her, Demetrie reared. She lashed her front hooves out towards the filly hoping she had hit her at least once. Who was she to disrespect a guest?

Was she a pest in the eyes of this inferior? Demetrie was better formed as she was older. How dare this newborn? Demetrie grumbled and flicked her ears open. After her miniature attack, Demetrie needed to turn things around. Demetrie needed all the juicy details so she had to be civil now. She reached her mahogany muzzle out towards the filly. Her nostrils quivered, but since she was dominant by age, she didn't clack her teeth like she had with Ignita. Demetrie’s two crock screw kudu horns standing proud. Her blue blaze was, well… blue? This could quite possibly become boring and nothing would happen. Demetrie prayed silently in her head other horses would come. She also hoped that maybe this filly could for—wait why was Demetrie apologizing? She wasn’t going to. She would wait for the other horse to say sorry, or something along the lines of that. Demetrie wasn’t going to wait for her. If she didn’t apologize she would walk past the foal. Some thing was off about this foal. She smelt like a wolf. If she had a canine friend where was it? Maybe she was just a fake…

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

Foals had become a common thing within the Edge. It was a joyful time of year, and for the most part, everyone seemed relatively happy despite the recent going-ons. The invasion had put a damper on many Helovians, but it had done little to dim the spirit of the World's Edge herd.

Thoughts of Tor were running rampant in the stallion's mind as well; the pale mare had wandered off to who knew where, proclaiming that she needed to find her family. The news had been difficult to take in, for were he, Laila and Luken, not her family? The Friesian could remember mention of Tor's family once upon a time, yet she hadn't seemed intent to set out and find them immediately. Wherever she had gone, whoever she had sought, whatever her reasonings... it all seemed urgent.

Knowing that his children were safe within the deeper parts of the Edge, Destrier had gone out to scout the borders as per his routine duty. As of recent, the land had been abuzz with newcomers. It was his duty to try and welcome those seeking a home in, and chase those who meant harm out. All seemed fine and well, as usual, until a piercing cry cut through the air.

With a sudden worry filling his chest, Destrier turned towards the sound and immediately set off in a gallop towards the source, until a pair of youngsters came into view. One, a spindly legged bay whom he recalled seeing around before, and the other, a pale white and blue filly with the strangest of horns twisting from her skull, whom reeked not of the Edge, but somewhere else.He'd come just in time to witness the bay's kick, and the unicorn's retaliating rear, neither of which looked playful in the slightest.

Keeping his head held at it's natrual arch, the Protector approached, hardly hesitating to move in between the two youngsters. "Easy, now," his voice rumbled, deep and yet so gentle, "What's the meaning of this? There is to be no fighting like this; you are too young yet." The latter of his words were directed at the smaller of the two, before he focused his sights upon the unicorn. Where had she come from? Why had she wandered into the Edge in the first place? There were a multitude of reasons he could think of, but he would not assume.

He wanted to call the yearling out on her actions, wanted to say that she ought to know better, yet he did not know what had sparked their actions in the first place. For now, he would keep his mind open, and listen to what either had to say.

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Essetia

A beautiful badger-faced gaze was darkened, assuming an elegant grace that had not been recognized before. Though her age had not as much of an allowance as the other, she is still adamant to express her obvious concern. When the other came forward to press upon her proximity she was quick to back away avoiding the obnoxious blow altogether. Her eyes were quick to widen in premature anger and the small filly snorted haughtily at the other. Whatever had caused her opinion to sway was enough to keep her on the edge of her seat and she was not inviting when the other tried to regain her trust. However it was not long before a shadowy stallion joined their entourage sharing deep sentiment. The little bay chortled in greeting though she was still heavily skeptical and for the first time in her few short months a word is proffered from her callow lips.

Bad.

Dancing away from the alabaster other she comes close to the large stallion in hopes of proving her point with certain vehemence. Everything about this other was wrong from the way she stood upon her welcome mat with such an arrogant smile to the way she wore such wild ferocity in her malicious gaze. If her protector could not see through the other’s façade then she would simply have to handle the older girl herself.

Her instinct was sporting a victorious grin and she would not be one to avoid its nagging presence so early in life.

Image Credits

OOC| Not my best... sorry. Oh by the way, she has not found her companion yet because I haven't made the thread.

Ignita Posts: 39
Banned
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
Pheonix
"Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well."

"Now now, i'm sure there is no reason for this fighting."

I nod my ebony head at the stallion as I take up a steady walk to the three. A young filly stands nearer the stallion then Demetrie and from what I had seen she had so far not made a good impression here. I smile kindly at the young bay filly then take myself to stand next to demetrie. It was time for some god damn lying to get Demetrie secure in this land for a couple of days.

"Ignita, this is my sisters foal Frost." There was no way I could of said she was my foal. She looked totally different in looks to me. I hoped she would get the idea of lying about who she is and who I am. "I am sorry if she has caused any trouble." I say in a apologetic voice. "I asked that she would come here and make some friends whilst I go on a quick journey out of Helovia; one to far for Frost to come on and anyway, she would slow me down." My voice was genuine. I had asked to come here for a few days and it just so happened that I cam across her whilst she was having a 'friendly chat'.

I knew the foal didn't talk much or at least she didn't seem to talk much. It wasn't a bad thing. In fact, it had it's uses. Maybe she thought before her actions and what, if anything, she said. I could control my mouth if it depended on something and right now, it did depend on something. It depended on snatching information from this place. I throw back my ebony head, my black mane flying back then resting on my neck waiting for something to be said.

"Maybe I should have come here with her, I just happened to be passing and thought it would by no harm to visit here; to find her close to trouble." I say it with a slight chuckle.

[Sorry this is bad:/]

"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

Who were these creatures that waltzed through my home? Who were they to stir trouble, chaos, to cause harm to those I had accepted as my own, those who called my glorious lands their home? Who sullied my home with their filthy ways, their violence, their disrespect? A snort ruptured the silence that I walked in, my ivory frame moving amongst the mists that screamed to me the suspicious circumstances we are presented with. A young foal - yearling though she may be, all are considered young to me - arrived within our lands, and swiftly picks a fight with a native, a guardian of the original offender arrives soon after, as does a protector from our own borders.

The situation does not sit well for me. I am known to turn away more souls than I accept here, I am known to be judgemental and harsh when it comes to allowing new creatures to join my lands, to call them home as I do. I snort again, this time dispersing the mists before me as I pull my pale frame from the clutches of the forest, spying all that occurs before me with a sharp gaze, as I turn my chiselled tiara with practised purpose to drink in all that surrounds me in one swoop. My nostril curls in distaste as I hear the mare's pathetic, incomplete excuse. There is no excuse for trespass, no excuse for causing harm to one who belongs to the Edge.

"You were a fool, for harm has been caused." My voice is quiet, but holds more authority because of it. "I suggest you both take your leave. I would be more than happy to show you the more direct path to our cliff's edge, or perhaps you would prefer to follow Destrier here back to our borders." My form finally ceases its motion by our dark Protector's side, my gaze never leaving the intruders who would think us so dim as to accept their pitiful story, and their abuse against a youth born and bred of the World's Edge. My entire form leaves nothing to the imagination as to what my thoughts are. Leave now, or we will make you.

Unregistered
Some ebonite stallion came, but I didn't mind. He seemed sweet which was easy to get along with. He also seemed wise and I needed some wisdom in the bay's pool of stupidity. I was almost full grown yet this foal mocks me? I am superior by far, yet this was her land and I respected that. The inky stallion asked what this was about, but I choose not to speak. The bay foal seemed to want to release her opinion. Bad. What? My perked forward ears swiveled backwards, almost not tolerant. I realized she was a newborn basically and my ears swiveled forward, but words didn't dare traverse my throat. This newborn was quite a specimen. A badger face marking, and a lush bay coat.

Ignita came, and I felt stupid. I needed help now? How come no one believed that I could do this? I dip my head, acting, but irrelevant. I am sorry if she has caused any trouble. I asked that she would come here and make some friends whilst I go on a quick journey out of Helovia; one to far for Frost to come on and anyway, she would slow me down... I listened to all her words. FROST? Not even a normal name? I wasn't to happy about this naming. Still, I let my believable fake pity flood my eyes. My cranium hanging low. Than, yet another, mare came.

Were all these horses hostile to guests? She calls me a fool? She asks us to leave, then threatens me. My cyan orbs glow a deep dull color. A rumbling starts in my chest, like an old car roaring to start, but failing, then working. My voice, is strange, but it's mine. Like a fire crackling, or wood snapping into two, or maybe all of them together. Anywho, it cackles. "Do-don't hurt me." Why not throw a stutter in there? These horses would never be able to tell I was lying. I had been basically trained to lie, spy, deny. Maybe my mojo could be, lie, spy, deny, don't cry. I liked the ring to that. I had blanked out of the conversation for a moment, but nothing had happened. My frosty white eyelids blinked and freshened my dull cyan eyes. Dark eyelashes fluttered fora moment. Both my ears flicked softly forward. I looked cowardice. I looked feeble. They'd either love me, and eat me up, or disaprove completely. That determined my future with the assassins and well, my life. I may not be able to ever spy here again. One out of the four herds would become gray and I would know not to come, but were they so cold as to turn a white yearling down?

OOC: FINALLY! Iam starting to get my muse back! xDD

Essetia

Had she chosen anywhere else to lay down havoc she would have missed this tension entirely. As one so young and premature everything was but a game to her now. She had since retired her efforts to persuade the other filly of her skepticism and had adopted a new plan. Moving back towards the stallion she began to murmur happily at his side and time and again she ran an impatient muzzle along his elbow to remind him of her station beside him before peering curiously around him at the Seer. She had no concept of her place in the herd and only the idea that she was indeed part of it. The angry rigidity that she seemed to exude did nothing in the way of convincing her to stay away, but instead brought her closer to the mare’s quarters. Her tunes were heavy with scorn and the little bay was trying desperately to understand the meaning of it all but without much success.

Again she drew close to the mare’s elbow and whistled happily at the offenders. She felt safe alongside her protectors despite her knowledge of them and would remain here until they ordered her away. She could sense the distress in the alabaster filly but chose to ignore its nagging presence with a toss of her sculpted face. Such a child who understood the levity of this kind of situation would be smart enough to understand that further encouragement would not be tolerated. But it did not keep her from chortling softly at the other filly in a gesture of forgiveness. Edge horses were not about hatred and malice but instead about friendship and family. To betray such a heart would be fatal, even if it were one still trapped in the clutches of youth.

Image Credits

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

"There'll be no more hurting."

A deep voice rumbled from the depths of the nearby shadows. It belonged to the brother with crimson forelegs, Madyrn. He pulled himself free of the forest, his twin doing the same not a moment later. They looked down at those gathered, not in a derogatory sense, but because they were taller than most of those present, and held their crowns high atop the end of their thick, arched nape regardless. Eyes of a predatory orange hue peered our from beneath thick, dark forelocks, as the brothers moved silently, with all the grace of war-hardened warriors, to the side of the Seer, the side of their kin. They may not have known these creatures who share their home by name, but that did not matter - they were a part of the Edge, the Qian, they were family, and therefore the brothers would die before seeing harm some to them.

"Unless of course, you decide not to take the advice of our Seer here."

Maskan's voice added, reconfirming what Hellena had said. The Protectors watched as the little belle of the Edge extended a friendly note to the others once more - yes, the Edge was about welcoming newcomers, about extending and growing their family. But while they may have forgiven one trespassing, if done in a way that still respected the inhabitants of the land, they could not forgive one who not only trespassed, but stirred trouble whilst within the borders of their land. The brothers were domineering in their presence, their body language was relaxed, yet poised to leap into action if necessary. Their expressions were passive, indifferent - truly, they did not care whether the intruders left or not, they were equally happy to watch them leave of their own accord or else become more forceful in their insistence.

"I suggest you make up your mind swiftly though. We aren't known for our patience." In perfect synchrony their voices hummed a deep, very real warning, though it was spoken in a very casual, polite manner. It would be foolish indeed, however, not to heed their words.

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

HEROES MAY DIE

The badger-faced filly had moved to his side, pressing and running her velveteen muzzle against his elbow, as if worried he might forget that she was there. She spoke a word, a simple one; 'bad.' The word instantly didn't settle well with the Protector, and in an effort to console the youngster, Destrier dropped his head and gently pressed his muzzle to her own, before focusing his attention back on the strangely horned yearling standing before them.

It would have been easy for the Friesian to run the unicorn out of the land, even if a part of him would end up hating it. She was still young, it was plain to see, and perhaps it was not her fault that she was acting in such a way. Of course, it did not mean that such behavior was acceptable on the ground of the World's Edge, but Destrier could not help the thought crossing his mind.

Now, one by one, more showed up to the quickly growing meeting, if that was what one could call it. Just before he was about to speak, a towering black mare approached. She was not as tall as he, and unlike the blue patterned filly, she began to shed light on the situation. Keeping his place at Essetia's side, he cocked his ears forward, taking in the stranger's words intently. It took a moment, but Destrier formulated one flaw in the mare's words. He didn't want to not believe her, but he could not find it within himself to keep silent.

"Who would blindly send their child to an unknown herd? For all you know, we could have been a group of murderers." His words were, perhaps, a little harsh, laughable even, but he kept his face straight. There was more he wanted to say, but the Seer of the Edge seemed to tune in on his thoughts, and took it from there. It was now that Destrier grew quiet, allowing the older, more wiser mare to take over. He would be more than happy to escort the strangers back to the border, if that was what was to happen.

Another pair showed up, looking almost identical in appearance; he knew not who they were, but by the way they spoke, they were definitely of the Edge. Warriors, if he were to guess correctly, yet he proffered only a welcoming glance before turning his gaze back to their company. Would they argue, or simply go on their way?

BUT LEGENDS ENDURE

Image Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5