the Rift

Summer Greetings [Open!]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
It was high Tallsun. The sun felt warm and rejuvenating upon her back, ivory wings spread wide and arching slightly as the filly prepared for a landing. Beneath her, the green grass rippled and swayed like the rolling waves of the ocean, disturbed by the air currents from her beating wings. The golden etchings along her shoulders, back, and wings glistened in the bright sunlight, and with a wistful glance upwards and at the exposed sun, Israfel came to a soft landing upon the fresh grasses of the fields. She tucked her wings close to her sides, head still tilted upwards, admiring the cloudless sky with soft, vermillion eyes.

It was warm and welcoming, here in the Heavenly Fields, almost as if it was a special place just for her. Here, she was closest to the sun, and to the Gods themselves, much to her joy. Could others understand what made his place so special? With a shake of her head, the Demi-Goddess gave a sarcastic snort. No, she was sure that they couldn’t. Except for maybe a select few… However, that wasn’t important. What was important was that she was away from the uncomfortable, damp atmosphere of the Edge, and she was here, dry and warm.

“… Is there no one else out today?” She asked to no one in particular, the pale, pink tinted forms of her lips twitching slightly at her murmured words. The flowing ivory strands of her tail gave an agitated flick, but other than that the filly didn’t truly mind. After all, this was her special place; somewhere to be warm and comforted by the worldly embodiment of her father, the Sun God. With one last glance to the glowing, white-hot orb in the sky, Isra took a tentative step forwards in the grass, one cloven, gold hoof disappearing into the waving green grass.

A breeze was picking up, tousling the strands of her mane and tail and tossing the flowers around that were woven into the ivory hairs. Nostrils expanded, drawing in a breath of the fresh clean air. It was a wonderful day, warm and welcoming to any who wished to be out and about around Helovia. Looking to her left, then to her right, Israfel gave her head a mighty toss, spreading her wings out to give the feathered appendages a stretch. Her wings beat into the air, pushing the current into the disarrayed grass that lay before her. With a laugh at nothing but her own antics, Israfel once more tucked her wings close to her nimble body and pushed off the ground, taking off across the large field at a canter.

Daughter of a God or not, she was still a filly, and desperately wished to fill the playfulness that suddenly amassed in her breast. Above her, the sun shone down upon the daughter of light. Israfel would make most of this day, even if she had to spend it alone.

[ooc: Open to any and all. :3 I’m still trying to get used to Isra’s character, so… Bear with me while I find some common ground with her.]

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

Azale's sides heaved as she pushed up the side of the mountain. Her thoughts rested solely on her quest, on the terror her last victim had shown in it's eyes. It pained the ivory filly to think of the deed. It made her hate the Moon Goddess for making her do something so cruel. Why couldn't she had just given Azale her magic as soon as she asked? It would've saved the baby stoat's father, for the filly's victim had been a parent.

Tears rolled down Azale's face as she walked, her hooves stumbling over rocks every now and then. Maybe once she got her magic, she'd use it on the wretched Moon Goddess. It certainly would give the Moon a taste of her own medicine, but the consequences for doing such a thing would be too high.

The filly reached the fields, even more tears spilling from her eyes as she realized how fatigued she had become from the trek up the mountain. If she could fly, she wouldn't feel so tired, would she? Certainly not. Azale had twice as many wings as the other pegasi, yet she could not make herself become airborne like they did. It was unfair.

Azale felt her knees give way as she collapsed in the heavenly fields, her orange eyes still spilling out tears. She watched the sky, for she had nothing else to do while she tried to get her strength back. A pale figurine sliced through the sky, landing a few feet away from Azale in one, graceful motion. She had intricate gold markings upon her back and wings, as well as odd flowers in her mane and tail. The new filly couldn't had been that much older than Azale.

The ivory filly choked back her tears, forcing herself to quite her crying. This new girl could fly. Maybe she'd be kind enough to teach Azale how to fly as well! The thought excited the filly, for she was glad to get her mind off of plotting the assassination of the Moon Goddess and her quest.

Azale stood on shaky legs, uncertain of how long she had been lying there. She approached the pretty new girl tentatively from behind, her orange eyes studying the being with interest. "H - hello," Azale spoke in a weak voice, her ears pressed slightly back and a smile gracing her pale lips. "I'm Azale Moniet, but you can call me Azale," She smiled even more, happy to talk at all.

"talk talk talk"
[Image: 511c499da2515]

Hidden Account
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
Lithe muscles bunched and coiled, springing forth moments later as they propelled the ivory creature forward at her leisurely pace. She moved in a smooth, graceful lope, her hooves striking the earth with little force. As she moved, Isra’s magnificent wings expanded, the wind dancing through her feathers and rippling the appendages in almost a comforting way. It seemed that as soon as her game of imaginary chase began, however, it came to a close as Israfel slowed to a stop, her gold-engraved wings beating at the air in a show of prowess. Oh, what a lovely day!

… Or, it was lovely until she noticed the presence of another. It seemed that she was no longer alone. In one swift move, the little Demi-Goddess pulled her wings close to her body, tucking them safely at her sides. Cloven hooves turned the ivory filly around so that her creamy rump was facing the new girl, vermillion eyes focusing solely on the other creature who had dared to join her with an elegant twist of her neck. Had it just been moments before that she had wondered where everyone else was? Giving her head a slight toss, Isra gave a snort. Her eyes stayed on the other filly, a Pegasus by the looks of her. Pink-hued nostrils flared as Isra scented the air, the familiar, musty smell of the Edge wafting off of the newcomer in waves. So… She was from the Edge as well? Strange how they hadn’t met yet…

The Girl’s coat was similar to hers, the same cremello color, but what truly caught Israfel’s attention were the four wings that sprouted from the newcomer’s shoulders. The child of light’s jaw nearly dropped, for she couldn’t imagine such a thing. How did this filly have four wings? They were a marvel, beautiful in their own way, and Israfel couldn’t help the feeling of envy that suddenly sprouted in her chest. Who was this filly, and why did she deserve to have four wings?

The filly stood, then approached, albeit timidly, then introduced herself. Azale Moniet; that was her name. It was a pretty name, Isra decided… But not as pretty as hers. For a moment the Demi-Goddess stood there, uncertain as to how to respond. This four-winged girl seemed nice enough, but…

“My name is Israfel. Israfel Azardokht.” She paused, her pink lips remaining in a straight line as the child-goddess turned her lithe body around, so that she was completely facing Azale. “But you can call me Isra.” Her words were neither condescending nor happy, as she honestly wasn’t sure just how she felt about this Azale Moniet. Only time would tell.

Israfel’s eyes lingered on the other filly’s, absorbing each detail about her in an act that was, perhaps, too old for her age. Azale’s orange eyes looked incredibly sad, as if she alone was carrying some large burden, and briefly Isra wondered what that could be. Should she ask? Was that okay? Was Azale hurt? Was she lost? It wasn’t like the Heavenly Fields was terribly close to the Edge, after all… Instead, the only one question ended up crossing her spluttering lips was:

“… Why do you have four wings?”

Azale Moniet Posts: 49
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Azale Moniet

This Isra girl seemed to not take to the new presence as easily as Azale had, but the filly didn't take much notice. She continued to smile and act happy, as she was. The alabaster filly loved the company of other horses, not caring if they were hostile or kind. One her favorite activities was making new friends, as she was determined to do with Isra.

Until she asked about her wings.

Azale's little face creased into a frown as she turned her head to look at the four appendages protruding from her little pale bodice. She bit her lip, feeling unable to answer Isra's question. The filly raised her spotted wings till the tips of the smaller set and larger set each brushed. They were pretty, yes, but a nuisance. She didn't even know how to use them!

Azale let her wings fall, the tips of the larger set brushing the ground and the small set hanging at her hocks. She turned back to Isra, sorrow clear on her little pale face. "I honestly don't know," Azale started, her orange eyes looking dull as she talked, "I'd like to believe a God gave them to me because he thought I was special, but I know that'd be a lie. I guess my real father had four wings, or something, and I happened to inherit them." Azale's tone started to turn bitter, hateful even as she talked of her father. Kamien had shown her Torasin was not her father, for two equines cannot have a child with four wings.

"But I'd rather not have them at all, it's not like I can actually fly or anything. They're just so useless!" Azale's voice cracked at the last word as she hung her head low, unable to face Isra any longer. She was so beautiful, so elegant. A true angel, she thought her to be. But Azale? She was just a pegasus who was so handicapped, she couldn't even fly with twice the normal amount of wings.

"talk talk talk"
[Image: 511c499da2515]
[Image: 51535cdaae0d8]
"Oh the things we do for power..."
lines by tamme; coloring by paddeh

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark
Code:

The filly was young, but with every new day she ventured more and more. Destry grumbles as she flaps her wings in annoyance. With her father, she had had a few moments of flight, but she still had a lot to learn. Concentration is written on her face as she runs, leaping into the air and flapping her wings quickly. She flew for but a few moments. She lands harshly, almost falling over. A cough emanates through her as she has to stop for a few minutes. Once her breathing returns to normal, she steadies herself and pushes herself forward, dark red daggers digging into the ground. She leaps off a rock, pushing her wings out and using what strength she had to push the air below her and gift her with the ability of flight. She does not fall, or stagger. She is three feet above the ground, all her strength concentrated on keeping her up. She nearly squeals in excitement as she continues to fly, but she was still weak and it is not long before her hooves meet the ground it is. Destry is not disappointed, though, she had flew. It had not been for a long while, but it was still the longest stretch of time she ever had.

Mother will be worried. Though Destry continues forward, setting a easy pace of a slow trot. Bright, curious red and blue eyes are wide as she takes the landscape in. Nostrils flaring, they take in every new and foreign scent possible. The grass sways at her legs and tickles them as she dances forward, creamy trendils of hair floating behind her. As she makes her way up a pathway, her vision is soon obscured by clouds and fog. She snorts, slowing to a crawl as she feels her way along, senses blaring danger. She hugs the side of the trail that is against the large mound that she would learn was called a mountain. All of the sudden, the opaque wall is gone and she is blinking in the harsh sunlight. It is warmer, and she lets her black coat absorb the heat, red constellations dancing and glittering across her purple-black pelt. It was as if she was adorned in jewels.

As she enters the meadow, she sees to other fillies, older then her. She trots forward, pushing her black and red wings out to her sides and the grass is pushed away by them as she works her way to the two pale horses. One has four wings, and Destry can't help but marvel at them. As she nears, she sees a horn on the other- a hybrid just like her. She tosses her crania, black and red horn glinting in the sun. She then notices the intricate golden swirls and patterns upon the wings and horn of the oldest one. She has to peel her eyes away, realize she is staring. She nickers as she approaches and then stands still, offering a smile. "Hello."

ooc: :D
word count: 507
"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Hidden Account
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
Watching the smile drop from Azale's little lips was almost painful to witness, Israfel noticed. It caused an uncertain clenching feeling to appear in her breast, and for only the briefest of moments the child-goddess regretted her words. Had she hurt the other filly's feelings? Did she say something that she shouldn't have? Surely Azale wasn't ashamed of her four wings? That would be preposterous!

Isra's eyes lingered on the four spotted appendages, watching with mild fascination as Azale moved them of her own accord. They were elegant wings, she decided, which earned a begrudging sort of respect from the fiery princess. Unwilling her neck stretched out, nostrils flaring and whiskers twitching as she thoroughly examined the four wings. While the front pair were considerably smaller than their rear counterparts, they were by no means less marvelous to look at. Peppered and creamy, Azale's wings were beautiful. Still, not a beautiful as her own, but... That was beside the point.

The respect she was beginning to feel for Azale was almost doused like a flame in a rainstorm, however, when the younger filly said that a God granted her the four wings upon her slim back. Oh, really? Pale ears tipped back slightly in agitation, her frown only intensifying. Israfel barely resisted the urge to sneer and toss her head, but Azale's quick words spoken afterwards caught her attention. The bitterness and heart-felt emotion that dripped off of every word made the sun child regret the sudden hostility that she felt, and instead, she spoke.

"... You don't know how to fly? Really?" Isra inquired, the tone in her voice completely incredulous. Sharp, vermillion depths eyed those four wings for a moment longer before looking to Azale. She seemed sweet and nice, and genuine... Despite it, her mind wandered, wondering if perhaps Azale would be willing to be a friend. "I know how, and, well... If you wanted, I suppose I could teach you? Of course, if you wanted..."

If she were quite honest with herself, Isra would look back on this and wonder just what compelled her to offer to teach Azale how to fly. After all, the ivory filly was far from a teacher, but... She was willing to try and teach her new potential friend just how to properly use the wings she had been born with. After all, it was pointless for an equine to have wings and not use them.

It was moments later that the pale-goddess' attention was ensnared by the arrival of another filly, and Isra turned her head to face her. This creature was a dark contrast to Azale and herself. Where their coats were shimmering in ivory rivulets, this filly seemed to be crafted from the ores of the finest ebony. Her darkness was unending, but the timid little greeting she had sent their way caused Isra to feel slightly more at ease. But only a little. Dark creatures always made her uncomfortable, after all...

"Hello," Isra said shortly, the piercing orange depths of her eyes locked on the ebony clad femme, "Who are you? What are you doing here?" Lifting her head higher with a sense of self-importance, Isra eyed the stranger uncertainly. The feathers upon her pale wings fluttered slightly, the golden swirls that decorated the appendages rolling like the waves upon an ocean. Her ivory tail gave a flick to the right, nostrils flaring as she took in the stranger's scent. It was unrecognizeable, unlike the scent of the Edge that clung to Azale and herself...

[ooc: sorry for the wait, guys, and I also apologize if this post is choppy and rambly... >__> Isra and I are still learning to work together.]