the Rift

Carving a Way Forward [VOTG pass, any god]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Lightning split the sky, opening up a heavy rainfall that soaked through the back of a dunskin stallion as he walked along a bridge of stone that connected the mainland to the Veins. Rivulets ran down the stud's sides as he snorted and shook the excess water from his mane. He might as well have added ice cubes to a glass of tea in the arctic for all the good it would do. The rain fell so heavily that it bounced off the surface of the stone and the surrounding ocean to create a mist. Thunder rumbled in a 5 second delay after the flash, and Tio couldn't help but to mentally congratulate himself on choosing a night with such wonderful weather. Heavy sarcasm implied. Still, his reasons for coming here were important enough that he did not complain and he continued on his way until he reached the ruined shrines of the gods. Standing in the middle of the circle, Tio looked at each one in turn, his mind going over the choice he had to make once more.

Power, Companionship, or Love?

His mind went over the pros and cons of each, and considering his current predicament, he realized which would be the most prudent to ask for. Tio needed power, it was the one thing he lacked that he felt naked without. Vulnerability was a hard thing to get used to, and he dared not go up against a mare who had magic when he so obviously lacked it. Stomping one of his back legs out of finality, the stallion let out a snort and lifted his voice above the rain in a clarion whinny.

"I do not care which of you answers my call, I just hope one of you is willing to hear my plea. My apologies for coming in such weather. I would not blame any of you for not answering me in the rain. However, I had to make sure I was not being followed. No one would be able to track my steps with all this coming down." He fell silent to let the rain and the wind pound against him and toss his words about. Waiting. The silence stretched and Tio hated it. These gods were nothing like the ones he was used to and learning a new system was infuriating, even if the very low influence these gods had over how Helovia governed itself was a relief from the more hands-on approach that he was used to from gods.

It was a warm, rainy Tallsun night and Tio was waiting in silence for his prayer to be answered, as any common mortal would when they sought blessings from the higher beings.

any god
using a VOTG pass

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Nearly-white, pupil-less eyes watched the stallion approach the shrines that she and her brothers had dismantled not so long ago. And in the rain, no less. Most wait until the cover of midnight, or the height of noon to venture to this place, but few come during such a terrible storm. Of course, she could calm the winds, but why? She rather liked the chaos. Still, rain did not fall onto her svelte and beautiful body. A gentle breeze enveloped her, pushing away each and every bead of rain, before it could fall onto her delicate lavender coat. Her leonine tail flicked as she stood bathed in shadows, listening to Tio's prayers. She hadn't invested much time in finding out any information about this one...other than that he had stirred up some drama in the Throat...but that did not interest her.

Stepping forward, as if materializing out of thin air, the Goddess came forth. The air around Tio seemed to suddenly diminish significantly as she did so, as if the very shadows themselves had grown fainter. "Though I wonder why you think you would be followed. As I recall, you haven't made yourself the most popular fellow since arriving here." Her voice was melodic and sultry as she spoke, revealing no insight as to her views regarding Tio's aggressive play for power. She stood before him, unburdened by the rain, in all of her painstaking glory. Physically she seemed so at odds with the darkness over which she ruled, for the light in her eyes was nearly blinding, and her beauty was unimaginable in her perfection. And yet, for those who had crossed paths with her, knew why it was so ruled over the dark forces so exquisitely; why they suited her so perfectly.

Coiling her leonine tail around her lavender leg, her horned head tilted inquisitively as she spoke, preferring to hear Tio ask for the magic he desired, rather than simply plucking it from his mind. "So. I am here Catillatio. What is it you would ask of me?"

Loon
Photobucket

His breath let out in jets of steam as he watched the Goddess of the Moon appear before him. Perhaps it was his history with gods that made it so, but he seemed to lack a sense of awe in her presence. Tio was, after all, a straightforward type of stud. He disliked groveling in any shape or form and much rather preferred getting to the point of such matters. Of course you would never think that with how much it seemed Tio liked to talk.

"Dear Goddess, forgive me for my familiarity. I do not intend to appear rude or pretentious, you must understand, from where I come from, the gods and goddesses there are much more dictatorial with how the mortals govern themselves. That is to say, the mortals don't. So forgive me for not bowing or feeling a sense of awe in your presence. I am used to the presence of gods." Tio thought it best to start out by apologizing ahead of time for his behavior, should she see it as an arrogant display and refuse him, he would be back at square one.

"My lady, caution is a wise thing to use when on the war path. I want my attainment of magic to be a surprise, an ace that I may use against my enemies when the time is right. Should any one know I came here, that surprise would be ruined. Besides, I have had my plans thwarted once before, I will not stand to have them spurned again. You may also take it as a testament to my own devotion to this path I have carved out for myself." He said, answering her first question as honestly as he could.

Shaking the damp chumps of his mane to have the locks fall on the other side of his neck, Tio decided it was time to get down to business. "But, I digress. I realize this is something you must have heard a thousand times before, no matter my reasons or the way I string my words together, but you see, I come seeking both guidance and... well, something else. I came here with the decision made, and I know what I want. I would like your insight into whether I made the right choice, and further instruction on how I can gain what I want. There were three things I had to choose from as I came here, one of them was the ability to shapeshift into a raven. In that form, I could fly across the sky, joining the mare who tugs at my heart in strange ways. I could choose love, but it wouldn't get me any closer to power and this would be a waste of both our times."

"The next item was a rat companion. A humble request, I realize this, but Rats are useful as miniature spies. I noticed once before that if you own one, you own them all, and beady black eyes and small ears hiding in every nook and cranny of Helovia makes the short life of my theoretical companion worth it. Also, I grow lonely and would like to have someone to talk to at all times. I could choose Companionship, and while it would help a great deal to know the goings on around the entire land, in the final battle, my enemy would defeat me easily. She has the advantage of aerial combat, and also has magic on her side. I am not so arrogant as to ignore the fact that she would crush me."

"Finally, and this is the choice I have decided to dedicate myself to, in my old home, there was magic in the land that seeped into the horses who lived there. It was not granted by the gods, but born into each foal who breathed in the island air. I was born a space bender, my power lies in controlling gravity and doing all sorts of things from that, like creating stars, and causing aurora borealises. However, the magic I had honed in my youth, was tied to the land and when it sunk underwater and I was swept to these shores, I lost that power. I would like it back. I realize that to ask for everything back would be too much to ask for, so I will only ask for this. Do you know of a way that I can regain the power to control gravity, the power to force a pegasus to land and even the playing field on my end, so that the battle I wish to wage is a fair one?" He asked, his head held high as he tried to meet her bright-eyed gaze with his acidic one.

Moon Goddess
-rolls about in excitement-

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Earth God & Moon Goddess

Suddenly the rain begins to fall harder, the droplets becoming larger as they fell. With a knowing smile, the Goddess waited, quelling the winds so that the rains could fall unburdened. Thick mud began to form around the base of a shrine covered in blue flowers. It squeezed from between the rocks, solidifying into massive hooves and the beginning of legs. Great wings formed of water seemed to form from the rain, drawing the droplets in to complete the shape. From this mixture of water and earth, the form of the God appeared. His massive horned head towered above both Tio and his sister. With a sigh, like the sound of crashing waves, the rain suddenly ceased to fall, leaving a lull in its wake.

"Hello brother" the Goddess cooed with a nod of her dainty head. "You'll have to excuse this one. He thinks being in the presence of God's is common-place. " With a conspiratorial whisper, she turned to face her kin. "I think we're supposed to be impressed by that." She said with a wink, and a silvery laugh. The God of the Earth frowned, looking to Tio with a mixture of sadness and frustration. "I see… His voice was a deep rumble, as his emerald gaze looked at the soaking wet stallion before him.

"He is here for magic to pluck a pegasus from the sky. " Nodding, the God agreed. "Yes, so I heard. And in doing so, he would forsake the gifts of flight for his heart, and a companion for his soul.." Turning his bearded muzzle towards Tio, he narrowed his eyes curiously. "You would seek to disadvantage your enemies, rather than better yourself? If this is what you seek, so be it. Though know that the warriors of the Throat will not be rendered useless, simply because they cannot fly."

Looking kindly towards his sister, he pondered for a moment. The Goddess regarded her brother with an ambiguous gaze, before finally speaking. "If you seek to cripple your enemies, then you shall yourself be crippled. Until the mid point of Orangemoon, the knee of your front right leg shall not bend, rendering you unable to do anything more than hobble about." "I shall also require you to find a pegasus sympathetic to your cause, and to bring one of their feathers, back to me."

The two siblings exchanged a look for a moment, before turning their radiant gazes back to Tio. "If you accept, the lock on your knee will begin as soon as you exit the veins." The Goddess said, looking to Tio with a level, piercing gaze. With a sudden burst of lightning, bright enough to illuminate the entire sky, both siblings disappeared, and the wind and rain began to howl around Tio.

[If you accept, the carpal joint of Tio's front right leg will refuse to bend, making it so that his right leg cannot bend. He will have to endure this until the middle of Orangemoon, as well as tell a pegasus of his magical-desire, and bring their feather back to the Veins.]

Loon
Photobucket

Tio had expected something like this. Hadn't Phaedra warned him that the quests were hard. That was to say, they were different. He would have to be a fool in order to think that the gods would grant him power without testing his worth, or having him give something back in return. As a mortal, he had little to offer and while he hated the idea of being crippled, Tio was willing to do anything if it meant that he was no longer vulnerable. The dunskin, therefore, nodded his head respectfully to each of the gods in turn and watched as they disappeared. "Thank you, my lord and lady. I will use this time to reflect on what it is I am attempting to accomplish and will return only when I have completed the actions you have required of me." Turning his back to the shrines, the stallion walked back the way he had come.

The rain pouring down on his back and shoulders sent a chill through his body, although the tallsun night was warm and the rain felt good. He needed to get to a place where he could dry off and sleep for the night. The lock on his knee would hinder his movement quiet a bit and pain lanced through his body when he tried to bend it. His fluid gait turned into a lurch as he left the veins behind, hobbling forwards at a sickeningly slow pace. Tio was already beginning to hate his choice, no matter how much he knew it was necessary. He hated feeling vulnerable and while he'd felt that way before without his magic, now he didn't even have the ability to walk on his own without lurching forwards with each agonizing step.

He felt like a caged tiger, where children were poking his haunches with sticks and no matter how he lashed out at them and roared, he could not reach them from his cage. The same fury filled his mind as he stooped to rest and looked down with rage at his uncooperative leg. He would never let anyone know he was complaining, his face, which openly aggressive as he was alone, would be a stoic mask if he were in the presence of others. However, one gleam of hope did lift his heart a little. He would need a pegasus feather in order to complete his quest, and he knew exactly where it was that he would get one. However, even the prospect of seeking Phaedra out again, did not cloud the stallions judgement so much that he was unable to see that this would be a long couple of weeks.

Quest accepted. x]