Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

Jasiri</style>
Foal
Morning sunshine.
</style>

Dear Romani, Xanthos, Azel and Kasai,

Today I promised to learn my words, not just my letters; so there I went galumping off into the forest, little pale hooves drumming a swift tattoo on the forest floor, the dirt soft under my feet, the grass a sweet carpet to roll in and filled with flowers I sneezed on when I smelt 'em. Truly, it was quite wonderful, this morning, the sun shining down, the grass smelling sweet, even though I don't eat grass yet; the sun was warm and my tail was a-twitching. I was raring to go! I rolled and I leaped and I jumped and pranced, all under the noon's love.

It was still early enough ma wasn't far from me, although I think da was off to doing his da-things, melting in the forest shadows. I was jealous of him, being able to do dat- I want to melt too, disappear, but with my golden coat it's harder to disappear. I wish it 'was different but it's not, so I keep my lips sealed and continue to watch in jealousy. When he's gone, I try to do it as well. Maybe it's natural of him, with his gray coat. Sometimes I only think I can see his amber eyes peeping out at me, and nuthin' else. Not fair! I want to disappear too. There is one thing I'm proud of- every day that pass my horn grows sharper as I slowly wean off ma's milk. I have to be more careful now not to spike her when I suckle. Hopefully she's noticed my eff... erts- efferts, yes, to try not to hurt her, and I hope she's noticed my horn's getting longer! Someday I want a nice, long, sharp horn like da. Speaking of which, the only horses I've seen are horses- they ain't got no horn, which confuses me. Did they fall off? What if my pretty horn falls off? I love my horn! It's white and pearly.

I snuffle at the grass and the flowers, shivering in excitement, as I go about naming things in the edge, by the silver shrine that looms over me. Not sure what that thing is for. Doesn't seem very useful to me, but I know it's name so it's good enough. "Im'ma word learn." I proclaim to the world, twitching my long tail. I look around me. First, down. "Bug." I tell a small red bird- "You bug." I add. "Imma yellow. Sun yellow." I take a step or two. "Grass. Greeen." I like the sound of green... "Sky. Blue." Sky be a funny word. S-kay.

Ma, you would never believe what happened next!

Love,
Jasiri

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow

If there was one thing that Luken noticed during his grand adventures, one thing, was that there were too many fillies in the Edge. The draft-mutt colt wanted another boy to play with, someone who he could wrestle and romp in the mud with without any worries of ‘hurting them’ or ‘getting them dirty’. The young boy gave a snort through little nostrils, stamping a beige hoof in a fit. Oh, he didn’t mind playing with the girls that frolicked through the Edge in masses, not at all… After all, they were cute, but right now the young boy’s mind was filled with things other than the cute fillies that ran rampant through his home.

He loved his sister, Laila, he truly did… They were oftentimes found glued at the hip, although Luken was always just a bit farther ahead than his twin, bolder and more certain of himself, where Laila was shy and hesitant. It wasn’t he had anything against her, but for once, Luken just wanted someone he could really get down and dirty with.

Paced at a high-knee trot, a gait that had been passed down by blood from his father, the spotted colt’s chocolate eyes examined the paths around him. He wasn’t too far from where Destrier was, at least… He hoped not. The last thing that he wanted to do was worry his father, especially since their mother had up and disappeared. The thought of Tor left a bitterness in the colt’s mouth and he was quick to swallow, directing his attention to the here and now. Of course, when his mother had left, depressed thoughts had plagued him; had he and Laila done something wrong to drive their mother away? Had he mis-behaved, or was he not up to Tor’s standards on what a son should be like? He had wandered off a few times, sure… But wasn’t that normal for a colt his age to explore the land that he called home?

Besides! He was a warrior, a protector, a knight in pretend shining armor, and he could fend for himself if he needed to. No one needed to worry about him when he ran off on his little adventures, for he had nothing to worry about. Giving yet another snort, the white and black splotched colt was so lost in his musings of independence and fighting warriors that the sudden flash of gold caught his attention. Mid-step, Luken paused, pale ears swiveling towards the sound of a muffled voice. What was that…?

Twisting his head, he saw her, a filly who was younger than he was. Curiosity bubbled within him, yet also annoyance. Of course, another filly… Knowing better than to act rude, however, the young would-be gentleman cleared his throat and stepped through the trees, moving closer to the golden filly. She was a peculiar thing, with a gold basecoat and strange white markings. A leonine tail swished behind her tiny rump, and a horn, a horn!, was protruding from the filly’s head. Oh, she was quite magnificent, now that Luken had looked closer…

“Hi there!” Luken called cheerfully, stopping his approach a few paces away and standing stock-still, head raised and a smile upon his pale lips. “Who are you? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before… My name’s Luken!”

LUKEN
One Day, I Shall Walk the Path of the Righteous

Sakura Posts: 41
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: Two Years (at time of death) Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Sakura

The hybrid filly and equine colt were not the only ones out this early in the morning. for the first time Sakura wandered away from her mother and twin sister. Since birth she had been right there with them both, and it was high time she got to do something on her own. Originally she had been setting off to find her Daddy, but the sound of other foals nearby made the cremello and ivory painted princess curious. with bounding leaps she moved forward, stretching her long legs out for the first time really. Sure she had bounded around her mother, twin sister Takara, and big brother Aaron... But to play with others that were not family? Well it just meant she finally was going to be getting an adventure too. To bad her sister couldn't join her....

Ah yes her dear baby sister by only a few minutes. Sakura wished she could do more for her, being unable to see and all... But Sakura was very independent and needed to do her own things sometimes. However the young filly had misjudged where she would arrive and had to skid to a stop to avoid running into the slightly bigger colt. Her short golden cream mane fluffed around her nape as she snorted. Light green eyes took in the pair of them. A girl, about her own age was clearly still learning to speak... Maybe that is what Aaron meant by being the youngest in a large family was a good thing. Sakura was already able to speak clear words, almost as well as an older foal would be able to. Her voice still trembled with uncertainty sometimes as to if she was saying the words the right way. Ah well, today would be a test as to just how well she could speak. Her soft voice trembled slightly as she spoke. "'I'm s-s-sorry... I didn't mean to almost run into y-y-you. I'm Sakura." In her skid to a stop she of course had covered not only herself but probably Luken as well in grass and dirt. If she could her pale cremello face would be a light pink from embarrassment. What a way to meet the other foals of the herd... Real smooth Sakura.

"talking the talk"

skyseeker@flickr

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

Jasiri</style>
Foal
Morning sunshine.
</style>

Scummer and plague! I do not know why I began this letter to you, mother and father, and companions of equal heritage lineage in my eyes! I suddenly find myself doubting you would be interested in such folly of a foal's young mind. As a note of warning, I suggest you overlook any atrocious mistakes and crossings-outs, to keep your eyes seemly and from turning bagshot. And your mind oozing with fresh knowledge about who I think and who I ain't liking. In that morning air, smelling of hot summer and dust, I find myself smiling bright and wide as the sun, tail flicking back and forth like a crazed thing, eyes a-sparkling.

For there is a boy, fluffy and taller than me, strong-boned and with a sweet face and voice, white-skinned with black. I've never seen one like him. Ma is solid gold, like me, with a bit of white. Da is all silver. But two colors? He introduces hisself all fine and mightily, like he some sorta soldier. I tilt my head cheerfully and give a snort of laughter, bouncing slightly on the balls of my delicate feet. "Jazeerie." I squeal, coming a little closer to look at his forehead. I huff and puff in disappointment like the wolf trying to blow his the three little piggies' house down. "No horn." I grumble, but grumble does not really fit the happy-go-lucky huffy sigh.

And mah god, there comes another one! She's all white though, I'm pleased to see. But she has no horn either! Ma, you never told me Da and I were irregulatiries. Or irregulataries. Or is it irregularities? I'm not sure. I need to work on my spelling and grahmer a bit still, I thinks. Much to my embarrassment now, at that moment I turned around, stared at her, and pronounced- "white." I swung back around and glared at Luken. "White. Black. One? Tag."

:: This is a confusing post. Even for me. If you are ever confused, please PM me :P Annnddddd WC of 318 includes the crossed out stuff! Because it's easy to read anyways! ::

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com