the Rift

The Fly and The Spider [Ariadne`]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

It seemed travel was the past-time that took up much of the stallions life this season as he had been from the Endless Blue, to the Threshold, through the thistle meadow, the heart, and at the door of the veins, to the Deep Forest. From there he'd walked back to the endless blue, and then across to the threshold again, and now as he had passed the Foothills during the invasion, his hooves had carried him to the north. The heat of Tallsun was not quite enough to melt every patch of snow and the stallion, whom had never actually seen snow before in his life, was finding it an odd sensation to step in.

He had walked off in a daze, the shell shock of finding his son alive in the lands of Helovia still rendering him speechless. He had walked away from the invasion with the need to rethink his strategy. The new integer of Tharos and the information he held needed to be added into the equation and he needed to wrap his mind around the risk that Tharos posed to his plot. Should the stallion decide to talk, his weaknesses and everything else that Tio could think of were at stake of being busted wide open. The dunskin did not like the feel of sudden insecurity he felt and his mind grew ever-darker the more he walked.

He wished he had a travelling companion to take this frustration out on. Tharos's appearance complicated things and he was beginning to feel his patience wearing thin. Stopping midstride, the stag stretched out his back legs and relieved himself on a patch of snow, staining the virgin white with yellow which steamed with the difference in temperature. Straightening up as he finished, he continued walking for a time. His mind wandered back to a yesteryear when he was very young. A bachelor three-year old, fresh from the disappointment of his mother's betrayal. He had recently settled down after two long years of campaigning, of building up his forces, and raising a herd to be proud of. Back then, he'd sired several foals with several of the mares who had decided to follow him, or whom had been won in tests of strength and skill.

The only one he remembered, the one of note, had been Tharos the son between him and his past lead mare, Gabrielle. The colt had the strength and vitality of his father, but a kind heart and while he was capable of great rage, he was also capable of deep love. Tio had attempted to train the colt as his mother had trained him, although his attempts were curtailed by Gabrielle, who thought the exercises were too much for their son. Nonetheless, Tio groomed the young colt to be his lieutenant stallion, but before his son had been old enough to partake in his first fight, enemies of Tio, stallions he had spurned before in his rise to power, came together and tore all his hard work to pieces. Tio had thought they'd killed all the foals, which was why Tharos's appearance had been like seeing a ghost.

If it were possible for the stud to feel emotion as normally as any other horse, Tio would feel regret for leaving Tharos to the dogs when he and Gabrielle and a small band of survivors were banished. With a slight snort, he stopped again, this time looking about him to see where he was. Wandering pointlessly was a good way to get yourself lost, and Tio had fallen into that trap by letting his mind wander. He saw a great glacier on the ocean, the ice caves making tunnels that could connect to the areas farther north. He wondered if there were horses or unicorns, or pegasus... whatever, living on the other side. He'd heard rumors that a herd land existed in the frigid wasteland. The Islander had not the thick blood for such a trek, however, and preferred to keep his sights to the warmth of the south.

"I wonder if i could find allies up there, though..." He mused aloud.

Ariadne`, played by Vallie
Here ya go, hun! :D

Ariadnê Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: wgui47.jpg]

She wears a coat of color, Loved by some,
Feared by others

BEAT AND GET BEATEN. IT'D BE HER LIFE STORY SINCE THE INVASION ON. WHY HAD EVERYTHING BAD HAPPENED TO THIS FAE? am i to dwell on the fact that no one cares? no one cares for me. HER THOUGHTS SWIVELED HER BRAIN AS THE CADAVER-LOOKING MARE LIFTED HER NEARLY UNWORKABLE BODY. ON SKITTERING FOUR LEGS SHE WAS UNBALANCED. SHE SIDE STEPPED, AND AS SHE SIDE STEPPED SH KNEW SHE WAS ALONE BUT A WARRIOR SHOULD NEVER FALL. SHE FELL BACK TO THE COLD FLOOR. ANY NOSE FROM THE FALL HAD BEEN WELL MASKED BY THE SNOW AND WIND HOWLING AT THE CAVE'S ENTRANCE. WAS SHE NO LONGER A WARRIOR? HAD SHE ACTUALLY BROKEN? WHAT HAD SHE DONE TO GET BROKEN?

LAYING ON HER SIDE, SHE LETS HER MAHOGNY TONGUE SLIDE OUT OF HER INKY LIPS AND TOUCH THE COLD AND BARE FLOOR. REACTING QUICKLY, SHE WITHDRAWS HER TONGUE ONLY TO REALIZE IT WAS FROZEN WATER. SHE LAY BACK UP ON HER STOMACH. HER FOUR HOOVES FOLDED NEATLY UNDER HER. THIS CAVE HAD BEEN ACTIVE AND BUSTLING RECENTLY. THERE WHERE HOOF PRINTS WHERE HOOVES HAD LAY. A MARES, BUT THE PRINT HAD A LOOK LIKE IT HAD BEEN MOTION BLURRED? A TREMBLING MARE HAD BEEN THERE. HER HOOVES HAD SLID BACK AND FORTH SLIGHTLY. INTERESTING THAT ARI COULD FIGURE THESE THINGS OUT WITH AN EASE.

SHE PREPARED TO STAND ONCE MORE THAN HEARD A MALE'S VOICE. SCRAMBLING, TO HER HOOVES, SHE WALKED, WELL SKIDDED, OVER TO THE ICY WALL. PRESSING HER FRAME AGAINST IT, SHE FELT THE ICE COOLING HER CLOTTED GASHES AND CLEANING HER BLOOD RIDDEN LEGS. THE PRESSURE ON THE BRUISES HURT, BUT RELIEF OVERWHELMED PAIN. AS THE FIGURE APPROACHED THE CAVE, ARI GOT IN DEFENSE MOOD. How dare a male call to me? AGAIN, HER THOUGHTS SEEMED TO BE SEXIST? DID SHE BELIEVE FEMALES HAD DOMINANCE OVER MALES? YES, YES SHE DID. INFACT, IS IT BAD SHE DID?

WHILE HER FRAME IS HIDDEN FROM THE ENTRANCE, YOU WALK TWO STEPS INTO THE CAVE AND SHE CAN BE SEEN. HER DEADLY COLD BODY ALMOST GIVING OUT AS SHE CALLS TO HIM. "Hello?" INSTANTLY SHE IS NO LONGER COLD. HER RAPID PULSE KEEPING HER PULSE HIGH AND BLOOD FLOWING. SHE LETS HER HEAD DROP TO THE FLOOR, BUT QUICKLY PICKS IT UP AS HIS SMELL IS CLEAR. IT WAS AN OUTCAST LIKE HER. FINDING THIS INTERESTING, ARI LIFTED HER HEAD HIGH AND PROUD. PUMPING HER CHEST OUT, SHE EVEN FELT PROUD, BUT SHE STAYED PRESSED AGAINST THE WALL.

She didn't know this would be the day her life changed forever.

Loon
Photobucket

"Hello?"

The voice jerked the stallion from his train of thought as his ears pricked forwards to catch where the sound had come from. Since he was upwind of her, he could not scent her presence, which was annoying as it meant he had to rely on echos to locate the source. Eventually, he broke into a hobbled gait, his visit to the veins becoming clear to everyone now as he limped forwards on a foreleg that would not bend and sent spikes of agony through his mind whenever he tried. It was like having a splint in his knee, the swollen bone joint was painful to step on and it was impossible to move. While the stallion wasn't about to complain for fear that the gods would hear him and require him to do something even more infuriating for a longer period of time, lameness was a difficult thing to get used to.

Eventually, he hobbled close enough to the cave to stick his head inside and he saw the same mare he had seen on the battlefield in the Foothills, pressing her wounded body against the wall of ice, probably gathering comfort from the pain as much as he would like to. His expression was unreadable, although this was more because thoughts were whirling through the stallions head, and Tio had yet to decide how he should handle the situation to turn it into one where he had the advantage. Eventually, the dunskin came to a decision and gave her a light smile. His expression melting from mysterious into a very-well-feigned sympathetic smile.

"Well, well... hello, there." The tone of his voice was lighthearted, sing-song, and easily classified as deceptive simply because when he spoke, he sounded like an adder hissing his prey into a hypnosis before their imminent deaths. "I saw you in the battle at the Foothills. Four against one is an impressive feat to survive. You fight well, I'm highly interested in knowing your name, you know my dear. You may call me Tio." the ridges above his eyes raised as he stretched his neck forwards to greet her by sniffing at her nose. When he drew back, his eyes fell to the swollen joint of his right foreleg, which was the cause of his pain and frustration. "As you can see, we seem to be in the same boat as far as our physical health is concerned. If I may ask, where were you going? Perhaps we can search help together. A brace for me and a few bandages for you? If nothing else, we can lean on each other. What do you say?" He asked, still in that deceptively charming tone of his.

He leaned against the wall of ice too, the coldness soothing the swollen heat of his knee as he conversed with her. The stag's green eyes seemed to gleam in the blue half-light, as his pupils roved across her contours, taking in her flaws and perfections, and judging her beauty based one what he saw. She reminded him of Seele, in a way, although much lighter in color and decidedly lacking in a horn. It was a relief to find an equine like him that seemed more than willing and able to give back as much shit as life chose to burden her with. At least he thought she was like that from what he had witnessed from the sidelines of the battle. He was usually good at judging a horse's character from observation, and he had a feeling this mare would be useful to him. Thus, he had already started on his normal trek of the manipulation process he found was the most fail-safe.

He treated her with kindness and tried to be as charming as he could be, while being upfront and straight-forward about his superficial desires... all the while keeping the truth shrouded in darkness and feeding her little bits of it at a time. This was the web he began to spin around her, wrapping her up in a cocoon of spider threads like a fly getting caught in a web. If things went the way he planned, she wouldn't realize the truth until the spider was draining the vitality from her frail mind. For she had stumbled across a monstrosity and knew not what she faced as of yet...

Ariadne`played by Vallie
Slightly changing the timeline so that this takes place after his visit to the veins. That way, they can be injured together. xD

Ariadnê Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: wgui47.jpg]

She wears a coat of color, Loved by some,
Feared by others

WELL THIS WOULD BE INTERESTING, NO? IN THE MIDST OF THE WAIT IN HIS ARRIVAL, SHE STOOD SILENT. What the fuck? SHE WAS DISTRAUGHT THAT HER HIDEOUT HAD FAILED AND SHE WAS SEEN NEARLY RIGHT AWAY. WHAT WAS IT WITH HER AND HER OFF SENSES? WELL HE CAME. SHE DIDN'T THINK HE WAS ANYTHING SPECIAL. HIS MARKINGS WERE STRANGE, BUT HE WAS FINE. HIS COAT LOOKED SMOOTH WITH A FINE DUN OR CHESTNUT GLARE.

HIS VOICE CAME OUT CLEAR AS GLASS, YET IT SEND ROUGH PRICKLES THROUGH HER SPINE. "Well.. Well... Hello, there." HIS VOICE REMINDED HER OF THOSE EVIL VILLAINS WOULD USE BEFORE ATTACKING.. OF COURSE HE SEEMED MORE LIKE A CHARMER, A MANIPULATIVE TYPE, THAN ONE WHO WOULD FIGHT FOR WHAT HE WANTED. "I saw you in the battle at the Foothills. Four against one is an impressive feat to survive. You fight well, I'm highly interested in knowing your name, you know my dear. You may call me Tio." STALKER ARE WE? THE BOY WAS NEARLY FROTHING AT THE MOUTH FROM ANTICIPATION, AND ARIADNE SEEMED TO BE ONE FOR FIRST IMPRESSIONS. THIS STALLION WASN'T MAKING THE BEST ONE RIGHT THIS MOMENT. YADA, YADA, YADA, PHYSICAL CONDITION, YADA. "What do you say?" "What do I say about what? SHEIT. SHE KNEW SHE SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO HIM. NOW THE MARE HAD TO ANSWER WHEN SHE DIDN'T KNOW THE QUESTION.

SHE STOOD QUIET FOR A MOMENT. SHE DIDN'T REALIZE THE QUESTION WAS INDEED IMPORTANT AND SHE WENT AND ANSWERED ANYWAYS. "Sure?" THE MARE DIDN'T REALIZE SHE MAY HAVE COMITTED TO HIS GROUP, AND PRESECNSE. WETHER THIS STALLION COULD SEE THAT SHE DIDN'T HEAR HIM OR NOT, WOULD MAKE A BIG IMPACT. IF HE COULD TELL, HE COULD BE A TRICKSTER AND SAY LIKE, 'I LOOK FORWARD TO YOU BEING MYSLAVE!' OR SOMETHING RIDICULOUS LIKE THAT, AND THAT GIVES HIM FULL CONTROL OVER HER... MAYBE SHE SHOULD RUN? SHE KNEW THE LONGER SHE STAYED THE MORE ANGER SHE WAS IN, AND SHE FELT, PERSONALLY, HIM JOINING HER ON THE WALL WAS A CHEESY MOVE. AND TO BE HONEST, THIS STALLION HAD AN AURA OF DOMINENCE THAT HE THOUGHT HE SO PROUDLY HELD, AND TO THINK OF IT.. WHY DIDN'T SHE LEAVE NOW? SOMETHING TOLD HER TO STAY AND WAIT THIS ONE OUT. IT WAS LIKE SHE WAS TRAPPED, LIKE A RAT AND A CAGE. WELL, MAYBE THIS ONE WOULDN'T BE SUCH A BAD MEETING. SHE HAD SAID YES, AND THAT MEANT THERE WAS MORE TO COME

More than the mare would ever realize.

Loon
Photobucket

He could tell she wasn't listening to a word he was saying and when she mindlessly agreed to his words, he smirked inwardly to himself. For all she knew, he could have been asking her if she was in heat and wanting to know if she wanted to be bred. Manipulating this one would be all too easy and Tio couldn't help but to feel a sick sense of satisfaction. Finally, some luck. If nothing else, she could carry his bloodline to the future. He had a million and one uses for a mare like her, and only 10% of them were honorable. There was more to being a king than just being a violent, mindless tyrant. He was the puppet master attaching his strings to her mind... and he could make her enjoy it if he so wished.

"Excellent, but you know, I think, if you came out into the sunlight, we could get better acquainted. What did you say your name was, dear?" He asked as he moved away from the wall and hobbled out of the arch into the open space. Of course his intentions weren't honorable. He just couldn't very well mount her in such a cramped space. In the meantime, though, he was as she had feared, attempting to charm her. He exaggerated his hobble, to make it seem like he was too injured to do much. Giving her a false sense of security that should he make to attack her, she could run and he could not chase after her. This wasn't all that true, of course. He could hobble pretty fast if he needed to, and he wasn't going to just screw her out of the blue. Tio was a lover and he would coax her into wanting it as bad as he wanted it. Maybe it was his failure with Phaedra that was pushing him to these ends, or maybe it was just the fact that he felt a foal produced between the two of them would be to his advantage. Either way, he found it interesting that she had given him such an advantage as to not pay attention to his question. Now he could literally do anything he wanted to her and if she was a mare of her word, she had to put up with it.

Not a very bright move... but I have many, many uses for a not-so-bright, yet powerful minion, oh yes my sweet little flower... you will bring many good things for me, whether you want them or not. Heheheheh....

Ariadne`, played by Vallie
Sorry for the lateness and the shortness. I haven't posted in a while and this is my first one in a month after my absence. ^^;