the Rift

When you're pretty.[Open]

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SCARTER
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
Her, oh so stunning, purples eyes studied the landscape. Of course, it was hideous compared to her devastating beauty. Why she had ended up here? Well only time would tell. Black hooves walked with purpose and poise, only she had neither. A masterly plan was forming in her head, she would wonder around a little more, and soon she would simply pick a herd and they would accept her. No doubts circulated through the beautiful mare's mind about this, for she was above everyone and it would be an absolute honour to have her accepted into their herd. She tossed her mane over her shoulder to cover the ugly scars that remained on her coat, hating them. A dark anger still clouded her mind. This is the one cloud she had not been able to rid herself from. She hated everything to do with life, except her own ravishing self of course. Finding a small puddle on the ground, contained in a bundle of leaves, she found herself in it. An amazing black mare looked back at her. 'Oh my gosh, I'm more brilliant than ever' her thoughts tossed around her head. Looking back around her dull soundings, she wondered where all the interest in this land was?

She loved to gossip and catch up with the guys. So where the hell was everyone? A frustrated sigh left her black chops and the mare continued to walk forward only this time her steps where filled with frustration.
Oh god she was pissed off now.
Why they hell weren't they gravelling at her feet? It was not everyday that you walked across a beauty such as herself. So why wasn't anyone strolling across her path? She tutted again and trotted onwards towards a little patch of sunlight. 'Where the hell is everybody?'

No answer?
Well of course not you dumb...
Look I don't see you coming up with any bright ideas.
You're a slut.
I'm you, you are me, we are the same freaking person.'

Oh darling, you poor blockheaded mare...

Notes;; New character, still can't tweak the personality right. Not sure where I want her to go, so anyone may reply.
Words; 342
Tag; Open.

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Light azure irises were trained on the horizon, once again unsettled by his inability to fly in the dense cover of the trees. For this reason he normally disliked visiting the threshold, but he had met so many incredible people in its depths that Kaj could not resist delving into its wooded atmosphere. It would likely be uncomfortable to take to the skies regardless, as the spar with Maskan had left his right wing rather sore. Though his foreleg had suffered the worst, walking was no longer agonizing and had turned into more of a dull ache with every step. Damage had not been as bad on his wing, but Kaj valued them far too much to push the healing process too far. So instead his massive frame gently pushed through the foliage, grateful for the cooler atmosphere so similar to his home. Sunlight turned into creative images over the golden canvas of his body, highlighting the two separate tones of his mane and tail. Despite his large bodice, and the difficulty in moving it through the cluster of trees, it was actually a rather beautiful day out.

A day, apparently, that someone else was enjoying. Or, perhaps not considering the words that soon left her mouth. Kaj shouldered his way through the hanging branches around him and regarded the fae with a small smile. Long wings shook out and stretched the best they could, taking advantage of the space granted to them. Kaj tried his best to focus on her despite his mind almost always wandering, wanting to be a gentleman. Stopping a few strides away from her, he took the opportunity to rest his injured leg in lieu of relaxation. "Perhaps there aren't many recruiting today, miss," speaking kindly despite the sometimes intimidating depth of his voice. Kaj wasn't one to take notice of physical attributes, and was far too oblivious to note the mare's apparent beauty. However he was rather interested in the intricate design that laced over her eyes like webbing, though he didn't necessarily think it was beautiful, that wasn't a direction his mind took often. She was intriguing, that was for sure. "I am Kaj, may I have your name miss?"

---
Notes: Ew that kind of sucked lol sorry

Unregistered
SCARTER
She'd never seen one of these...things before. Her eyes ran over this interesting character. That was rather quite the achievement. She usually never found anyone but herself interesting, he rather captured her interest. His smooth white-gold buckskin coat was fascinating, she'd never seen such interesting colours before. Most unicorns where black, white or both. She smiled at him and crept a little closer. It was almost like this new creature was drawing her in with some sort of charm, she was even forgetting to continually mention how beautiful she is. Answering her first question she felt annoyed. 'Well they should be!' She thought to herself. However her eyes settled on the new stallion. She wondered He introduced himself and Scarter committed the name to memory. "Well! Thank goodness you found me sir." She battled her eyelids and a sleek smile. Hoping he would her her if she threw in some charm. "It's lovely to meet you Kaj," and it was she though looking at him. "My name is Scarter, would you help me out please?" She glanced around.

She still had no clue where she was. "Where am I?" she asked. Then another question came to mind, she was back to looking at him, gaze now mostly left unbroken apart from polite glance aways. Wow she really was trying to be civil. "Are there any herd I can join around here?" she asked.

She didn't find him 'attractive' really, she didn't even acknowledge feelings like this because she was normally too busy focusing on herself. For a mate, she would be perfect for a self centred stallion. She sighed a moment and then smiled at the stag. "You're got a very...nice, coat colour there." She wasn't sure what word she should actually use but she meant it. A flutter of jealousy was in her stomach. Why she didn't have a similar coat colour one would never know.

Notes;; This also sucked -_-
Words; 320
Tag; Kaj, Open.

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Gaze found him and lingered, though Kaj didn't mind. When he had recruited before, he'd had strange stares then too. Many wanderers had never seen his species before, though equines were often more surprised than others. One had even commented that though Kaj being a pegasus had not been abnormal, it was his coloring that had been a shock. Kaj had never been very aware of his own looks, so he didn't mind other people saying he looked strange. Like a shy animal she moved closer, and Kaj smiled warmly at her in welcome. Her violet eyes flickered and a smile swept over her face like smooth honey, and though Kaj didn't notice the charm he kindly flicked his ears at her, lowering his head to be a bit closer to the smaller mare. He'd gotten used to his rather abnormal height, and didn't mind at all since she seemed so cheery. When she granted him her name, Kaj swept his eyes over her to commit her features to memory to match it with the name. "Scarter..." he breathed softly, rolling the name on his tongue to get used to it. Smile returning once he was satisfied that his brain had finally sat down long enough to remember it. "It is a beautiful name to match a beautiful being, miss Scarter." Kaj didn't necessarily mean anything by it, he was raised to be a gentleman and always compliment females. Making them smile, flush, or even just feel better about themselves made Kaj feel like he'd done something right.

She asked for his help and Kaj settled his shoulders a bit differently, stance open and visage soft and eager to please. "Of course, miss Scarter. If I can help, I will." Though he guessed already at what she would ask. Most new arrivals asked the same thing, after all. It was rather routine, but he knew that they had the right to exercise their curiosity and even anxiety when coming into a new land. Kaj absolutely loved recruiting simply because of that. Leading new arrivals, helping them learn their way around, letting them trust him to be truthful, it was something he loved. Being important, meaningful. So when the first question tumbled from her lips, he smiled to himself. "You're in Helovia, miss Scarter. There are four herds total here, and multiple bands. I come from the World's Edge, towards the West. To the South is the Dragon's Throat, a herd mostly of pegasi like myself. To the East, the Windtossed Foothills. They were recently taken over by a band called the Grey, I believe. North is the Aurora Basin, whom only accept unicorns such as yourself," he explained in a deep, patient rumble. He may have spoken a lot, but it was important information, and he doubted Scarter would be upset considering she'd been the one to ask. However her comment struck him out of the blue and he blinked soft azure eyes at her, dumbstruck. He'd never been complimented on his coloration before. In fact, he didn't know how to really react because of it. "I...well, thank you miss Scarter. You have quite the stunning color as well," feeling awkward if he didn't return the compliment somehow. Though he guessed he already felt a bit flustered by the fact that she'd found something attractive in him, even in a small way. He'd never received a compliment, really, and decided to cherish it the best he could.

---
Notes: Oh golly that sucked ;____;

Unregistered
SCARTER

She smiled herself as she listened, her delicate ears picking up each of the stallions different vocal ranges. Her smile grew a little brighter at his compliment. She of course already knew it, she was a stunning mare. A one of a kind type of addition. Sticking to her masterly plan she responded. "Would I be able to join you at the worlds edge?" Her eyes where slightly pleading as she turned on the charm for her companion. Looking up at him through her lashes, a cute smile, a wink. Oh yes, she needed a new home so she didn't get stuck with some sort of rugged beauty.

"I'm so glad you found me", she muttered to him. Still trying too woo him. "I was so scared I would be lost out here..." A slight truth. She wasn't scared, but she was lost. She smiled over at Kaj. He really did have a lot going for him. They may have only just met and he may be slightly shy, but she wouldn't mind being his to taunt and play with for a while. She gave a happy smile at the thought, no stallion actually wanted to settle down. Scarter gave them the other choice.

She was just such a good being.

She muzzeled him, tucking her head under his, showing her affection for him. She of course just assumed that he had some sort of emotion for her. 'Of course, look at me, who wouldn't want me?' Another wink, trying to win a way into his home.

Notes;; So I didn't even notice that you reply weeks ago, I'm a shit person.
Words; 258
Tag; Kaj.

Credits;;
Table; Frostie

Seeing the glow to her face as he complimented her, his own slightly sideways smile came shyly to his visage. Dark ears never turned from his voice, and though he had before been told that his silent and unwavering focus could be a bit intense, her own gaze was proving to make him feel the same. How was someone like him supposed to handle a mare as flirtatious and stunning as her? Kaj was not of the suave or promiscuous orientation, and her attentions- fake or true they may be- made him more confused than outgoing. Sweet soprano touched his ears and drew him back to the present, smiling indulgently at her when she asked to be taken to his home. He would never deny a wanderer, and especially not a lady, the chance at a family. Winking and fluttering her lashes made him turn his crown slightly to the side, wings shuffling nervously. What in the world was she doing? Nevertheless he answered her, not one to judge based on actions. After all, how could he judge her when he had no idea what had made her who she was? "Of course you may return home with me. The Edge will welcome you eagerly." Though...he didn't actually know how Mirage and Thor would react to her. Would they know why she acted in such a way? Surely they had more experience with personalities such as hers than he did?

Raised around mares that would sooner kill you than give you the time of day, the presence of his young sister had been completely different. Back then, weakness meant death, and though nature took her before the end of her second year she had always been sweet and gentle. Since then, Kaj had been very aware of how anyone, male or female, young or old, could truly be scared by anything. Instincts of protection moved into his life and personality far past his duties as a warrior. Whether Scarter was lying or otherwise, hearing she had been frightened even mildly had him softening towards her. Though he couldn't distinguish lies and truth from her, he always had a radar for malicious intent, and with none coming off of her he was inclined to believe her. So when her head came beneath his, he assumed it was for comfort. Tucking her gently to his chest he raise a wing over her back, settling it gently over her spine. "There is nothing to fear, miss Scarter. Come with me, I will take you to my home." Gently he urged her forward, only then removing the embrace and striding forth to lead the way. Not wanting her to trip, and definitely not wanting her to feel afraid again, he kept his flanks even with her shoulders, irises turning and giving her a flash of the sky each time he checked to make sure she was unharmed and safe beside him. He could ask Mirage about his confusion over her actions later, for now it was his task to lead her to her hopefully new family.

::tag- Scarter
::notes- it's quite alright <3 I'm sure we can start a new thread in the Edge, PM me if you'd like to make it or me since we can't have OOC notes. Feel free to reply after this if you'd like, as well. (That also failed really bad, ugh. Why.)