the Rift

A howl calling you to battle [Sno]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

For once, I felt as if I could jump for joy. In fact no, I didn't but I felt happy anyway and for once not because Ayaka was around with me. When I had gone to the veins (which seemed to had changed since my first time there) I felt as if it was my moment. My moment to get my magic of the goddess and, as proudly I had been when I first visited, I walked out from the veins with just as much pride. Alone I had practiced summoning the three wolfs from within me which, for the sake of others, I had named Doyal, Keir and Luna. There names would spread fear though the heart of a enemy and there appearance would make there legs shake uncontrollably from under them because (I have to admit) being un dead, they weren't the most handsome/pretty of creatures.

I made my way though the Basin till I came to a light, frost covered clearing which was rounded of with thin tree's. I stand in the middle of the clearing, carefully thinking about what to do when (as it normally does) my thoughts turn to Ayaka. I couldn't wait to show her my magic. Maybe she would even agree to another spar? Takking about spar's...if I wanted to have one with her I wanted to beat her, right? And not humiliate myself by losing like the last time I had fought with the she wolf. Anyway, I didn't want to hurt her did I which was why I hadn't won, obviously.

From a standing position I round my lips into a perfect 'o' shape and from my chest a rumbling starts that erupts into a thunderous howl. The howl echo's though the dozens of tree's that are scattered round the clearing. The howl was a call of battle where I would put my wolf's to the test. As the howl draws to a close I fix myself to one edge of the clearing with a log behind me. I stand in a defensive position. My teeth scrapped across each other, a low growl grumbling in my stomach. The first one to come with face not one, but four wolfs.

[ 3 posts each, 1 defense, magic allowed. Taking place in the Basin around 10am.Lupus makes a call (howl) for a spar to begin.]

[WC:370]

"blah blah blah."

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
You move silently across the landscape, just one of the many daily patrols of the Basin proud and pure, untainted by the filth of horses and pegasi, the ones that make you retch and pin your ears to varnished face, make your mouth sour and dry, and make your heart eternally colder. Every glimpse of those without a horn on their brows send you just one message; grow stronger, so you may kill them. Destroy them, render them bit by bit, and keep those who surrender as slaves. Just the thought of the glorious rise of the Plague makes your cold, impassive face lift into a smile far from sweet, a smile so sinister and frozen one might think you are the devil's young daughter.

But blaspheme it may be, yet by no means does the devil share your lush curvature or elegant face, nor the light feathering upon your feet. You are Snö, imperial ice princess, destinied to glory. One day, you know, you will rise above even Psyche and Mauja; you and your greed for power, an insatiable hunger for more. For every step you take is towards the goal of rising. Every step will take you higher. It will not be easy, not in the beginning, even with your path gilded with the eloquent lineage of Psyche the Dark Empress and Mauja the Frost Heart. You may care little for either, and have just the smallest amount of respect, but you cannot say they are too kind. They are harsh and racist, just as they should be.

But you- oh you!- you will be more than harsh. You will be the terrible beauty, the murderer and the slaughterer, revered and respected by anyone who followed. Blood will be spilled, but you were ready for it.

Your head lifts in quiet surprise, ears flicking, at the quavering notes of a wolf's howl. You recall the white wolf, quite unlike Tarak, at the meeting of the Plague, and so you launch yourself, happy to begin a training spar. As you swiften to a gallop, hooves light and easy over the frost, your heart remains steady, your head cool. Soon, you find yourself with the wolf, white, smaller- and do not waste time speaking, instead launching straight into the fight. Why waste words? You charge towards your right, the wolf's left, keeping in mind you must not kick too high, over his back (was it a he?), and snap out your back legs, towards his rough-furred shoulder. Even if the blow were to land, it would be but lightly, for there was no need to truly attack those of your herd, unless challenging; but no, that mattered not.

You then halt, turning to face the wolf, dropping your frosted horn threateningly, but remaining careful to keep your eyes on the wolf and for his next moves.

[1/3 + 0/1 Closing]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

A thudding of hooves soon starts to gain speed and graudally becomes louder and louder as the horse came cloer and closer and soon enough a vaugly familiar, horned face emergers from the white wasteland. A blue horn spirals from her head, frosted over, like her cloven hooves. Icey blue orbs travel over my body, most proberly sizing me up. As I suspected she did not us her voice to tell me she was here to spar, instead she uses actions; just how I like it. As I suspected, as always, the mare's first move was a charge towards me, aiming at my left side.

I do not hold back. I neatly hop to the right side of the attack so that she missed me completly. My jaw line creeps up at the side slightly, into a small, slightly cocky grin. Surely she must of known that I would be able to dodge such a ovbious attack and, as well as that, whilst she comes to a sudde half and turns to face me, it give's me time to gather myself up, ready to launch my attack on the mare. Whilst she had turned I had summoned the three wolves from inside me. A foggy substance poured from my skin, taking the form of three solid wolves, each with hidious apperance and murdrous minds.

The two males of the three start to work there mucsle, moving in a fast trotting way to the sides of the mare then, with snarling jaws, they leap at her side whilst me and the other wolf snap at her front limbs, aiming to pinch her skin because, with her being part of the Basin and the Plague I wasn't aiming to hurt her badly in anyway.

It felt good to fianlly be fighting with the three ugly creatures, if you ask me, it made me look rather handsome against them. There brutish looks with sickening, and that was coming from me, but it pleased me that they looked so devilish and evil and would almost certainly make others hesitate and cring at the sight of them.

[Magic used. Lupus dodges to the right of her attack then summons his magic (three zombie wolves). Two go either side of her, jumping at her side whist he and the other wolf try to grab the skin at her shoulders.]

[WC:351]

"blah blah blah."

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Snö
and when you see me, you will freeze

You do not shy when the white wolf, many centimeters shorter than you yet nevertheless a predator, leaps away, no, instead you curve your head, arching your alabastar neck, your mane falling in rippling pearl waves, with chestnut standing out brightly against it. For a moment you feel an unsettling pang of dissatisfaction, that your galloping mass had not brought this wolf stumbling under your cloven hooves, but at least, perhaps a tidy bit of alicorn work could fix the problem satisfactorily. But the brief moments have passed, and you must concede it will not work to turn around and go charging back. Instead, you settle your weight and shift, keeping light on your pale cloven feet, watching the white wolf, waiting to see what he would do so brilliantly. You curse the tundra beast from not allowing a single blow to land on him, for it simply was not fair.

Yet you need not worry that he would be too poor of an opponent, for white ghost substance pours out of him, sending you reeling back, for once terror striking into your heart as you recall the monstrous creature whom you had demanded a fight with, with antlers on his brow and hideous wings at his back. But mostly, you remember with a faintness of frozen heart of his own magic, the summoning of a pale silver spectre, a bear that had deadened her heart and mind, numbed her to all but a clutching sense of fear that voraciously dug in white fangs and did not let her go, shook you until you trembled and then, only then, did its freezing presence leave you, filling you with hot fury on the one who dared commit such atrocious feelings onto you.

Even as your mind goes racing over these thoughts, body freezing over, fearful at what the white fog may bring, your eyes take note that the fog is forming physical shapes, even if they are more hideous than horses and pegasi, malformed and rotting. Three wolves, each missing a piece of hide here and there, a broken rib or shoulder, all bleeding in various places and each and every one grotesquely scarred. You rumble softly somewhere in your chest, a grumbling sigh as you prepare herself, backing to one of the pines surrounding the glade. It was a simple, well-known tactic- get your backside to a wall when facing multiple opponents, so you would not risk getting taken down from behind.

They come trotting, of all paces, and you resist the urge to smirk. A spar, maybe, but a trot! For some reason you could not quite name, it bothered you. Perhaps it made the spar seem so much more comical, as opposed to serious. For you did take each and every fight as seriously as a challenge for authority- for one day, this will build you up to become a powerful mare. If you fooled around, there was no point. If you did not give it your all, every time, it was an idiot's errand.

For a moment you hover uncertainly, not knowing who to tackle first. Eventually, you decide on the wolf coming in to your right side. You jab quickly with your frosted horn, more to knock him away than truly hurt him- could they be hurt- while shifting over, lashing out at the wolf that tried to attempt at your left flank. As quickly as you can, you come back to the center, but even than you are a few seconds late. Jaws of the white wolf nip just above the knee, pinching the soft flesh, while the undead wolf, perhaps unable to think for himself, goes lunging past. You do not waste more time here, trying to decide where to go- you rear, a smaller rear to save time, aiming for a strong blow to the wolf's shoulder. Fuck the spar, and fuck gentling the blow- you had entered into one of your erratic bouts of cruelty, and all you wanted for this boy was to feel pain, pain that he would dare cheat on this and use four wolves instead of him alone, the arrogant bastard!

You slam down your hooves, (whether that be on his shoulder or ground) and canter, aiming to score a long, shallow lash down the right side of his back, lashing out a kick from your hind legs towards his ribcage, all while you move to your left, running parallel to the wolf- with you on the left, of course.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Lupus defaults to Sno.
Sno receives 1 VP.