the Rift

Cast a shadow[open]

Rhea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

stay for a little while
Run.
The heavy wind buffeted rhea's ebony forelock as it weaved in and out of her ears. With a powerful toss of her head, pristine legs lurched forwards into a vigorous canter. Her lithe but muscular frame rippled underneath her as robust hooves slammed against the earth sending a clamorous echo throughout the threshold. The rhythmic beat soothed Rhea as she closed her ice blue pools in brief relaxation. Ahead a fallen log lie dead, blocking the wooded trail onward. She narrowed her eyes tucking her front legs tightly against her chest, leaping with ease and grace. With a thud, she landed with hooves planted firmly on the ground. She began to slow her rapid pace as the unfamiliar scent caught her attention, carved ears swiveling forwards. She was glad to finally have a new realm to thrive in and explore. There was no doubt that other horses had traveled through this same footing as several different tracks engraved the leaves below. But where? Noble eyes scanned the surrounding woodland with anticipation. Confidently, rhea treaded with extended strides, hoping and yearning to discover someone new. It hadn't been long since she had met a young stallion previously far beyond the hills, but her bloodlust was getting the best of her. With a shrug, rhea searched for a comfortable place to lie down. A hopeful expression formed across her maw as a massive oak tree lie isolated from the majority of the trees. A grove in the roots that fiercely jutted from the earth offered assured safety. It had been quite a long time since rhea had slept soundly, as her constant 'on the move' attitude kept her from it. Must i lie down? You know nothing about this place, you must keep alert. Her thoughts spoke the truth, as a uproarious snort trilled from her nostrils in caged frustration. A sharp snap of a twig sent her back to reality promptly, with a stomp of a hoof she spoke. "Hello?" Her narrow tone split the silence clearly indicating that she wasn't pleased.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
All who came to this territory looked for either one of two things, recruitment opportunities, or to be recruited. Very few people simply passed through these lands for the joy of passing; the Threshold was a mysterious place-- complete with wondrous escapes and hidden dangers. Today was like any other, my point for being among the lost was to assist with finding. I would have our numbers back home swell to bursting, considering recent deaths and wars threated to minus the sum. My sun dipped wings lay harmlessly across barrel, shoulders relaxed and steps motivated enough to not be sluggish. The trail I walked upon was well worn, complete with scents of strangers and fellow clans. Bits of sun blazed through the thick canopy above me, marking my ebony back with scattered golden rays.

Metal bounced against a battle honed chest with each footfall, the soft thumbing had become so part of this body that I barely noticed it anymore. Considering that I rarely removed the collar, it seemed only natural that it became like a second skin. The alloy was surprisingly comfortable even—my lord had made this collar light as air, and breathable, so that the hair beneath didn’t simply wilt away overtime. It felt like the plates very nearly carried themselves, not once rubbing or chaffing the tender spots of my neck. Magic kept the alloys pristine looking, but I often borrowed bits of leather around the Throat and polished on occasion.

Fina flew overhead, her evening colors shinning nearly as bright as the sun and vibrantly as a wildfire. My gaze often drifts up, simply out of admiration. Her bright teal eyes catch sight of something ahead, after a moment she sends mental images of a hooved lady dressed in cloudy grey, her face harboring horns. Apparently my little bonded took to landing uptop a tall pine, and did so rather ungracefully. The stranger was startled and the next image I receive is one without warmth, “Hello?” and of course the mischievous fledgling can’t resist not answering.

My girl chirps humorlessly before bursting from the trees with a loud screech. All before I have the chance to enter the scene. Quietly and with quickened step I approach the pair, pushing past trees only to meet a set of pale orbs that possibly weren’t pleased with Fina’s games. Innocently the firechild banks and aims to rest on my spine, “Apologies, ma ’lady. She is yet young and doesn’t fully realize the consequences of startling people,” trying to rectify the harmless prank I push out an easy smile to show my good will, all while firmly instructing Fina through our bond to remain silent, “Are you new to Helovia?”
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered

stay for a little while
An enraged snort detonated from her lungs flattening her chiseled ears tautly against her poll. She didn't intend on waiting around for the stranger to appear, so with a mere swish of her silken ebony tail she was on her way. The sweet scent of pine and new growth filled her nostrils causing a humble grin to cross her grizzled maw. The idea of resting had seemed to vanish from her mind as pale blue pools floated overhead, regarding the peaceful chatter of the birds aloft. An unforeseen beat of a pair of wings fluttered overhead with awkward and ungainly balance. Suddenly, a lovely avian appeared descending with unwieldy equilibrium, but successfully landing on a branch just above rheas head. An amused expression forms upon her delicate visage, admiring the variety of colors strewn across its feathers. She was completely oblivious that another equine wasn't far off. Within what seemed like an instant, the avian dived from the branch, trembling any leaves that were loosened by the abrupt takeoff from the peculiar bird. A ear spitting screech burst from its throat, causing rhea wince her eyes, wrinkling her muzzle in the new found agitation for the bird. Her gaze pursued the bird as it was only to land atop of a pegsai's spine. Quickly her eyes widened at the sight of the armored stallion as she took a brave, risky step forwards to show no apparent fear. Sure she was startled, but this didn't necessarily mean that she was afraid. A confident arch naturally formed along her neck as she gently bumped her forelock from her line of sight. There was no doubt that she was beautiful, as tantalizing orbs observed his bodice and eventually meeting his gaze. It was nice meeting someone new, as a wholesome smile creased at the corners of her lips. The stallion spoke with a deep masculine tone. “Apologies, ma ’lady. She is yet young and doesn’t fully realize the consequences of startling people,” yet another grin plastered genuinely upon her maw as she turned her gaze unto the feeble avian that proudly sat on his back. It explained the clumsy behavior, she was still an adolescent. She spoke with a smooth, delicate tone. "Oh no, no need to apologize. I was actually admiring her." A faint chuckle swept from her grey lips as she shook her short mane in an attempt to rid of the persistent insects. Her attention returned to the winged one as he spoke once more. "Are you new to Helovia?" She now assumed that was what this land was called, it suited its magical ambiance. "Indeed, are there others here?" It was a reasonable question, but she felt rather foolish for inquiring such a matter. With a bat of her lashes, she proudly and arrogantly lifted her head high as she broadened her chest. She was anything but insecure, and she flaunted her beauty with ease. The pair of horns that rested atop of her skull pointed skyward, leading to a lethal point. She pondered the stallions name, but she awaited an answer before popping the question.

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It would seem at the very least, Fina had done little to no harm. The girl didn’t appear very bothered by childish antics after all, her ease of the situation furled a sense of gratitude—one could never know how folks would respond. “Oh no, no need to apologize. I was actually admiring her." she laughed and caused a responding chuckle to whelp from the pits of breast, “You are most gracious,” I say gently before adding a mock warning, “don’t let her notice your flattery though—it tends to fatten a rather large ego,” lips parted to grin from ear to ear as Fina scuffles softy and digs her talons dipper into my spine. She had gotten better with words lately and could pick out when I was being sarcastic about topics that pertained to her. Head twists to butt muzzle playfully against her chest; it was strange, I could feel the warmth of this fire but was unaffected by its possibility to harm.

Attention quickly turns back to company as the stranger answers my question with a question, “Indeed are there others here?” She must have only arrived a few hours ago, I realize—while also feeling a little taken back by the fact that nobody else had tried to tempt this woman with promises of home and security yet.

Well…we would just have to fix that.

“Yes,” I start with, answering her question fully after a moment’s pause, “There are others like yourself, newly arrivals and there are others like myself that seek those who need a home.” Ashy neck flexed, head curving toward throatlatch in a slight dip to show common respect for the lass, “But I’m getting ahead of myself, allow me to start with introductions—I am Midas, and this creature is called, Fina.”

Image Credits

Unregistered

Sometimes i find myself
Rhea continued to admire the proud almost arrogant creature loftly settling atop of the painted stallions withers. She wondered if the lethal talons of the avian had ever punctured the leathery skin. But obviously, the stallion didn't seem to mind. A submissive breeze gently caressed her tail as it braided between her hind legs. She stomped her hoof abruptly at the tickling sensation before returning her undivided attention unto the stranger with wings. She couldn't see why the majority of her species was racist against these majestic feathered ones. Foolish. Jealously was most likely the main reason hate was jutted at the bird like equines, i mean who wouldn't want to soar above the clouds with sheer grace? A mocking but humorous tone broke her train of thought as words stumbled from the pegsai's throat. "You are most gracious, don't let her notice your flattery though, it tends to fatten a rather large ego." She could most assuredly figure that the little creature had an ego, and thrived on flattery. So she decided to keep her mouth shut, as the bird reminded rhea of herself at times. A meek grin spread across her visage as she returned the stallion a gentle chuckle, chest vibrating with coils of laughter. Then the stallion spoke once more, only this time informing her of the surroundings regarding her question which she had almost forgotten she had asked. The thought of other foreign scents and sights brought a gleam unto her bright ice blue pools.
Finally, he spoke of his name, Midas. It fit his war like appearance. He also stated the avians apparent name, Fina. With a cautious but yet genuine bow of her nape in meeting, she opened her grizzled maw to speak with a tone smooth like honey. "A pleasure, Midas. I am Rhea." With an assertive nod, a smirk followed, gently piercing her lips. She studied midas with inquisitive eyes, but did not intend to seem invasive so she let her gaze drift to the ground below. Rhea bit her lip in hesitation before speaking once again, this time with an almost demanding tone. "Others, here?" Rhea took a hasty look about, there wasn't much to see but thick rich foliage surrounding the two equines. With a tilt of her head, she explored midas's facial features."Are there other regions among these lands?"

Im so sorry. This is crap! I just wanted to reply, my writing muse has left me this evening. x[

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Rhea. A fitting name for a tolerable mare. My smile is gentle when I respond, “The pleasure is mine, Lady Rhea.” She watched me for a moment more, studying, obviously gauging my intentions beyond what flicking tongue offered. It was normal for strangers to be wary, and even more so for a lone girl to check for honesty in the eyes of her visitors. Luckily I wasn’t the type of man that relished in the sport of harming others, she could pry and study as she might; but nothing would be found save the mortal male that stood before her.

"Others, here?"

“Yes,” I murmur, following her gaze toward the surrounding thicket, “You might not see them at first, but the woods are usually full….” And not all have the purest of intentions. I wanted to say, but held tongue out of concern that she might be driven to worry. Nothing was more troublesome then a stressed female. Another question comes, one easier for me to find response for.

"Are there other regions among these lands?"

Answering yes with a simple nod I point head toward the southern point, “Head south and you will run into the southernmost ocean, its beaches are warm and waters cool. Follow its coast southwest and you will run into my homeland,”Dragons Throat.” We could come back to the topic of my home later, continuing I added, “Head north and you will find lands with cold winters and grand pines; there is the “Foothills." Immediately my mind flickers to Ktulu without even meaning too I pause. Inner soul sees her valet form dance across my hindsight and feel heartbeat quicken with response. Clearing my throat with a light cough voice manages to continue as if the pause had been intentional, "Travel northwest and you will meet the horses of “Worlds Edge.”

I rarely offered newcomers such an elaborate explanation, but she seemed like the type that would prefer for people to be as direct as possible when it came to any matter. “The outlying lands are spread out and too many to share name with all at once, though I’m sure you will become familiar with them as time progresses.” My knowledge of the fourth clan wasn’t currently in existence, though ears had heard slivers of rumor; I didn’t share this because it had rumors to base its claim. “Since nobody else has offered, allow me to extend most humble invitation to my homeland.”
Image Credits

Giselle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I had kept to my shadows. Slithering in and out, listening to the conversation of two who took up my view. One bore a horn, a worthy fae who seemed lost in these woods, and another whom I would have enjoyed shredding to pieces and collecting one of his feathers for my collection. Though I would maintain a polite composure for the sake of hopefully guiding this ebon mare back with me to the Basin, the most Northern part, despite the Frostbreath Steppe, of Helovia. I wonder if now would be a good time to introduce myself, and without hesitation, I bring my grulla hide out of hiding.

You left out the Aurora Basin, full of unicorns, like yourself, dear Rhea. It is gorgeous with the snow, and snowflakes.

It pained me so to plaster a grin upon my features, but putting on an appearance was an act I must pay the price of, in hopes of brining the unicorn mare home with me. I had slipped up behind the ebon, my vocals a cooing in her ears. Soon, I would surprise my little sister with a visit and company in toe. Or so I hoped. It was a long awaited welcome home I deserved, for I had taken to the shadows of the woods after my home had been stripped from my family and me. We had been forced to leave. I wondered how my little sister was now coping with matters.

Pardon me, dear, I am Giselle. My little sister and I live in the Basin. Won’t you come with me and keep me company on my journey to reunite with my sister? It has been so awfully long since we have seen each other.

I could have died from the gag that threatened at the back of my throat. My sister would have been laughing at my acting if she could see me. But it was worth a shot, was it not. My warrior muscles rippled underneath my lustrous canvas. I took pride in my appearance and took extra time and care to keep it looking pristine and keep my athletically muscled bodice up to par. The one thing I could not bring myself to do was to associate with the Pegasus who called himself Midas. I recalled his frame from the invasion of my homeland, and if it hadn’t been for Rhea, I would have devoured him and given him a piece of my mind. He had aided the other side in forcing me out of her homeland, and I despised everyone who had been apart of the act.

Come dear, let us leave these woods for a more peaceful and secluded sanctuary.

I would have loved to have added … and leave this rift raft for better things, but I kept my mouth shut, for once in my life.
text text text blah blah blah