the Rift

[OPEN] Perhaps a New Home? [Romani, and Open]

Marius Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 5 (ages in BirdSong)
Raine

Marius smiled slightly as they walked along, he could see the forest thinning out and he knew that soon they would be out of there. He listened to her speak of how she had heard of Isilme and he brightened, a bounce in his step. "Or perhaps I may even find someone from my family. We were separated so long ago... it would be nice to find them," he said, looking over at her with a bright smile. Perhaps his smile could even be labeled innocent. Though Marius did make it a point to be as happy as he could, and as friendly with everyone as he could, sometimes he just wanted to be the innocent colt he didn't get to be for very long.

The news that her homeland had been invaded though brought his spirits down and he frowned, looking at the ground in contemplative silence for a minute. "I'm very sorry you're home was invaded, no one should ever have to go through that. But at least you found another herd to take you in." He smiled again, tossing his head up to flick his forelock out of his eyes. He glanced at her briefly and then grinned. "I am very excited to see the Edge though, I'm sure it will be magnificent there."

The remainder of the walk was spent mostly in silence, but Marius didn't mind it too much. He was comfortable in Romani's company, and he was amused by the cub that followed her. He had heard of horses having companions, but this was the first time he could recall someone actually having one. The process interested him, but mostly he was content to watch Kasai and the ground as they walked. He got lost in his thoughts as he went, and it wasn't until he felt grass under his hooves instead of dirt that he realized they were no longer in the forest.

He raised his head, taking in the sights before him in mild awe. The sights were astounding, and he could tell he was only seeing a part of it. "So this is the Edge?" he asked, turning to look at Romani. "It really is gorgeous." He turned his head, looking around and taking in all that he could see for now. He closed his eyes and felt the wind run through his mane with a small smile, completely at ease for the time being. It was nice here, he liked it.

"Speaking." | Thinking

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Even though the walk from the Threshold to the Edge was mostly quiet and relatively uneventful, Romani didn’t mind it in the least. She thoroughly enjoyed Marius’ company, for he was genuine, compassionate, and kind to her plight. Perhaps, should they get to know each other more, the two could become good friends. The thought made her smile, the dark corners of her lips twitching upwards for a moment. Perhaps even Xanthos would like him, for her mate didn’t have enough friends. That was something that Romani had decided to work on as well, after joining the Edge to be with the grullo stallion.

Little Kasai had followed obediently, if not getting distracted a few times by a buzzing bug or stray animal. The cub knew better than to wander off, however, and would always come trotting back up to walk at Marius and Romani’s side. The cub, at first wary of the palomino stallion that had joined them, had recently warmed up to him after realizing that he meant no harm. Occasionally, the monochromatic feline would brush her tail against Marius’ knees or fetlock, a deep purr resonating from depths of her bowls. If Romani liked someone, Kasai knew that she could, as well.

Reaching the Edge, the Haflinger came to a stop to allow her travelling partner to soak it all in. The trees were dense and the smell of salt was prominent on the breeze, but in its own way, the Edge was just as beautiful as the Foothills. Despite the beauty that she saw here, however, the gypsy found herself missing the rolling hills of her original home… But this was a happy time. Now, it was time to introduce Marius to his new home, should Mirage, or anyone else, welcome him.

“It is,” the warrior said after a few moments passed from Marius’ own words, “It really is. Until you get used to the area, I’d suggest watching your footing.” Turning her head with a grand smile, Romani met the stallion’s gaze, laughter shining in their depths, “The mists are so thick here sometimes that you can slip and fall, should you not watch where you’re going.”

[ooc: Sorry for the wait! <3 Now, just need someone who can accept him into the herd…]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because He Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Their wait would not be long as the newly appointed Glazier happened to be making his own rounds about hte herd. He was studying the lands, trying to figure out the best way to begin work on a wall of protection for the herd. It was going to take many seasons to finish, which meant crafting for anyone but the herd was out of the question. However they all would rest easier once this wall was complete. It was his own bonded Alanna that picked up the smell of someone both new and old. Flashes of pictures hit his mind as Alanna tried to communicate to her bonded what she was smelling. One scent was familiar as it was two wrapped into one. Romani and her cub Kasai still smelled of both the Edge and the Foothills, while the newcomer smelled of many different scents none of which Aaron recognized. The pair's course switched slightly as he eagerly moved forward to meet the trio.

As they arrived, Alanna joyfully strode forward to greet the white tigress cub leaving Aaron to greet everyone else. "The mists can be quiet dangerous to these who do not know the lands." He smiled warmly at Romani before continuing. "I'm Aaron, newly appointed World's Edge Glazier and this is Alanna my bonded hellhound." At the sound of her name the pup yipped happily and pranced her way over to the palomino stallion. Something in his build reminded him of Kimber, but only vaguely. Alanna yipped happily at the thought of the mare, as her bonded always seemed calmest when thinking of her. He quickly refocused his mind on the present, making more of a mental note to find Kimber as he had nit seen her since the Grey took over their home. He had been glad to see she to had not fought... But was rather concerned he had not seen her since that day in the Thistle Meadow... "I take it you are new to Helovia, and seeking a home?" Part of the young paint wondered if this stallion was related to Kimber in some way, but he highly doubted it... Although he had a strange resemblance to Smoke the Wild Rose as well.... Only time would tell what history this newcomer held.

"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

World's Edge Stallion
Raine

He took in the sights all around him, listening to what Romani was saying with one ear at best. He was simply astounded by everything that he could see, and he didn't believe anything could have been a more lovely sight at that moment. He had been wandering the wood for so long it was great to see blue sky and something other than trees. He turned in a small circle before her words penetrated his brain. "Mists? That's actually interesting, it must be a great defense against intruders," he commented, blinking and tipping his head to the side slightly with his ears flickering around.

His ears then picked up another sound and he turned his head, looking at the stallion that approached them. He had a canine creature with him and his ears tipped forward, his curiosity obvious. Yet his head lifted as the stallion spoke and he watched him, a light smile curving his mouth. So Aaron was his name, he seemed friendly enough. "It's very nice to meet you, Aaron. I am called Marius," he said, dipping his head slightly.

He turned slightly to watch Alanna the hellhound with Kasai for a moment before Aaron caught his attention again with his words. Something about being new- oh yes! Why he had followed Romani in the first place, of course. Lifting his head again he looked at the Glazier with a smile. "Why yes, I am new to Helovia. A home would be a lovely thing to have, I've been traveling for quite a long time," he said.

"Speaking." | Thinking

[/quote]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Kasai's black ears swiveled forward at the sounds of others approaching, and immediately the cub sent a muted warning through the bond between she and the Haflinger. Crisp, azure eyes flicked to the alarmed cub, and immediately the mare's gaze ventured to the thick trees that surrounded them. Who, indeed, would be coming along? Perhaps another that called the Edge home? Pausing alongside Marius, the gypsy came to a stop, nostrils flaring.

In front of them the vegetation began to sway and crackle, clear signs of an approaching individual, and Romani waited until she spotted who it was before nickering softly in welcome. Her eyes immediately recognized Aaron, the Edge's faithful Glazier, and his dear companion Alanna, the Hellhound. Kasai perked up at seeing the canine, her tail raising and flicking to and fro slightly in a playful manner. While they had never romped together, Kasai had been curious about the pup during their brief encounters...

Sitting down upon her haunches, Kasai watched as Alanna grew closer, curious. She was quite unlike anything that the white tigress had seen before, as most other bonded's she had met had been Azel, or dragons. Lifting a paw, she moved to playfully swat at the air in front of Alanna's muzzle, simply wanting the Hellhound pup to know she was wanting to play.

"Hello, Aaron," Romani said, her vocals pleasant. While she and the Glazier had never been close, the palomino Protector felt some sort of connection to the two-toned draft, for they had both lost their home in the Invasion of the Foothills. "It's wonderful to see you again." Turning her head, Romani looked to Marius to offer the other palomino a reassuring smile. If there was anyone who could welcome Marius into the herd and offer him some kind of guidance, it would be Aaron.

"I found him wandering in the Threshold, Aaron, and I figured that the Edge would be an appropriate home for him. I hope that was alright on my part."

[ooc: So, so sorry about the wait. I hadn't realized this had been responded to. D:]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because He Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

Aaron & Alanna</style>

In Nomine Patris Et Filii Et Spiritus Sancti</style>

(OOC: Sorry for the wait)

He smiled at the warm greeting from not only Marius but Romani as well. Alanna jumped backward at first as Kasai swatted a paw at her playfully. The hellhound pup yipped playfully before jumpng back forward to nip at the tigress's paw. It wasn't often that she got to play with anyone but her bonded or his family... Mainly his littler sister Sakura. So Marius sought a home within the Edge? Aaron thought it over for a few more moments. Yes this stallion certainly looked like Smoke and Kimber... But not totally... Could he be a half brother to her? Well on the off chance he was, Aaron was not about to turn him away. He also trusted Romani's judgement in bringing him here. She was a fierce protector of her home, be it the Foothills or now the Edge, and would not lead someone here that she could not trust. It is nice to meet you Marius and wonderful to see you again Romani. I trust your adjusting to the Edge well? She was however slightly less round than he had seen her last... Could the protector now be a mother?

Romani's next words confirmed his thoughts and he smiled and nodded to the palomino Protector. Welcome home Marius. Although I must ask, do you have any talents that may help us all thrive as a herd? For instance Romani here is a Protector, helping to keep our herd safe. While I on the other hand am called a Glazier, one of the heads of the crafters of our herd. There is also Torasin, the Moon Doctor as he is called. He's head of all those who wish to heal. There is also many other positions within the herd.. You do not have to choose now if you wish. Just let one of the leads of the head of the position know once you do decide. Brown eyes watched the stallion for a reaction. It was a lot of information all at once, which is why he had said he would not have to choose now... But he would eventually.

talktallk

Credits

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

World's Edge Stallion
Raine

Marius had turned his attention briefly to the pups that were playing, amusement flickering in his eyes as his ears swiveled to hear if the two horses around him spoke or not. Sure enough when Romani began speaking, he lifted his eyes and looked up at the two again. When he heard her mention to Aaron that she had brought him to be potentially accepted into the herd, his ears perked up. He knew that he wanted a home - and this was a good place - but he had thought she was only offering protection. But he wasn't one to look at a gift with a wary eye, he would accept this happily.

And then Aaron said those magical words. 'Welcome home, Marius.' He could feel his heart soar and he grinned, giddy excitement coursing through him. He didn't have to travel anymore, he had somewhere he could belong to. Then came the question - how can you help the herd. His ears tipped back and his tail swished as he thought about it. What were his skills, how could he help the herd now that he was part of it. He supposed he was generally good with other horses... perhaps a healer? And Aaron was a crafter... It was definitely something he would have to think on, though he found himself leaning more towards healing. It would be useful knowledge and he could help more that way, as he never saw himself as a fighter - which was something he remembered all herds had from his old home. Oh, that must be what he called Romani, that made sense.

"Thank you, Aaron, for welcoming me to a home, and you too Romani. I will have to think on what I can do to help, I've never much looked at what talents I could provide to a herd." He smiled at him, amusement dancing in his eyes once more. "I have no doubt I'll think of something soon though."

"Speaking." | Thinking