the Rift

Exploration [Vadim]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had rarely ventured this far east except for when she arrived, and she had not been back since. Fear of the shades and terrible memories were enough of a reminder of her past. Still, she had not explored the forests, and she desired to do so. How could she make a great sleuth without fist knowing the land?

The trees here held deep, dark gashes in the trunks, and she nosed one of them carefully, eyes closing curiously. What happened here? This entire land seemed to be mired in some dark past. She moved forward and stared up at the tall trees, hearing the summer cry of the bugs chirping in the trees. Was summer so terrible? Had the Sun God actually killed anyone?

So many questions. She pressed onward and spied a clear pool beneath the largest tree that she had ever seen. The waters were strangely still and the bottom seemed to be made of purely red stone. Were they made of blood? Ophelia stood at the water's edge with furrowed brows, contemplating this place and its history.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

The pale colt had wandered away from his darker brother to look around the forest they had come to claim as their home. Living as an outcast was strangely liberating, even if he did miss his mother sometimes. When he would start missing her the only thing he needed to do was walk around the forest and remind himself of why he was there. He wanted magic and he wanted it badly. Both of his parents had it so it wasn't fair that he and Varath didn't have any.

Vadim soon found himself nearing the same tree that he and Varath had found the day they'd claimed the woods as their own. There was someone he didn't know poking their nose around and he didn't like it. The colt kept to the shadows as he crept closer to the pale figure. The closer he got the more familiar the pale girl seemed to be. The red tones to her hair, when he finally noticed them, gave it away. There was no way she couldn't be related to him in some kind of way.

He slunk back and continued to creep around, trying to see the girl from all sides. "Hello." His voice came out in a hissed whisper from the girls left side. He turned and headed the other way. "Who are you?" He asked when he was finally behind her. His circling continued and soon he'd made it to her right side. "Intruder." He smiled to himself then continued back the way he had come, aiming to be on Ophelia's left before speaking again. He was quite proud of himself. His attempts at scaring others had grown from jumping out from behind a bush and yelling at them.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

Soft hoofsteps alerted her to another's presence - someone small. A foal, perhaps or a deer. She heard a small but quiet whisper whisper hello, and she remained perfectly still, only an ear twitching in that direction. More steps. The voice asked who she was and finally called her an intruder. A smile tugged at her lips, and she whipped her head around to the right, her strange, two colored eyes staring into the darkness. "My name is Ophelia, wild spectre," she murmured in response.

She feigned fear, the emotion realistic as she pulled from her memories. "I do not intrude upon these lands, but rather, I explore them..." she murmured, her eyes scanning the treeline. She thought she saw a pale figure, and she tossed her crimson and white mane. Was this one of her twin brothers? What a rowdy little rascal.

"You do know that I can see you, right?" she asked with a smile, spying his white and blue figure. He was difficult to seek, but once she caught hold of the ghostly pale in the distance, he was easy to spy.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Vadim Posts: 106
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Vlasi :: Common Rougarou :: Water ali

There was a surge of pride in the young colt when he heard the fear in the red and white girl's voice. He grinned and giggled quietly to himself as he continued to watch her. Wild spectre? Hah, she thought he was a ghost! That was priceless. His short tail wiggled back and forth, a testament to his joy of frightening the girl.

Moments later she claimed to not be intruding, merely exploring. Vadim snorted fiercely and rolled his blue eyes, though she wouldn't be able to see that. "Intruder." he insisted. "You are not welcome here. Leave!" he barked, stamping one of his little hooves into the leaf laden ground.

All his joy was dashed just a few seconds later when she said that she could see him, no fear left in her voice. Vadim clenched his teeth together and stalked forward, glaring at the white and red mare. He noted the lack of markings on her body, like his brother, and felt superior to her. She was plain even if she did have red fringes in her mane. "Go away!" he yelled.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

The little colt yelled at her that she was an intruder and was not welcome, and she couldn't help but snort just a little in amusement. He certainly was a brave and bold little colt, and she absently wondered if her father had been this way? She knew that he had a dark and dangerous past, but was he this monstrous?

Ophelia eyed him with her two different colored eyes and raised a brow when he marched forward, yelling at her to go away. Then, she furrowed her brows as she looked over his body. Blue was not a color of her father, but her mother... yes. Was this one of her little brothers? "You really scared me," she said softly, her voice like chimes.

"Where did you learn to be so smart and frightening? A ghost? A mountain cat?" she asked earnestly, giving him a look of interest and gentleness.

CREDITS