Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia
I told you once, I told you twice
Have you no ears, have you no eyes?
If this is love then what is hate?
Do you understand my fate?

The morning frost brought a hearty sense of adventure to the forefront of the filly’s mind. The soft pinks and purples that filtered in through the mists created the perfect setting for the filly to wake to and consequently play in. Upon the edge of the cliff she gazed down into the deadly waters below but instead found comfort. Their soft rushing could be heard far above the shore and it made her heart beat with a quickness she had not felt before. Excitement welled within her gut and it brought a shrill cry from her tender chords that seemed to express her willingness to explore. Spinning on gangly heels she raced through the shadows of early morning and into the forest beyond. There, the mists hung heavy around her as if they were relentless to her plight to see through them. She whickered softly at them as if the sound would make them part but alas they still hung close to her shoulders, guiding her way.

Down a narrow path she wandered into the depths of the forest. Distant songbirds cried out their tunes and the echo of their voices was heavenly. Everything around her was magical and new; the Edge was sheer bliss. The badger-faced child was on the brink of finding herself miles from her mother’s side, but it did not inhibit her, it did not even seem to cross her mind. However, in an afterthought, she glanced back at the path from which she came and smiled ever so slightly. Whatever had beckoned her here was holding out a callous hand, eager for her to trust the knowledge it hung blindly before her.

Image Credits

OOC| Need an RE to gift little Essetia with Romul/orb/whatever he would be. XD

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

I have been waiting an eternity.

For so long, I have been hoping one would find my keep. It was an eon ago that my life ended, that I had sacrificed myself off these very cliffs - though they were shaped differently back then.

I awoke with a start, the senses the afterlife had bestowed upon me work differently to the senses living creatures possess, but I was able to effectively know when one walked into my region of this land. I had hid it with the thickest of mists, the harshest of paths, the densest of forests, intending to test the one who would dream to discover my treasure.

I came forth from the mists in a veil of light, the rough, wispy outline of my former canine body evident. I was white, though the area where my eyes were meant to be was a bottomless pit of abysmal black. I peered at the one who would reach my treasure, for she had come this far, she would surely complete the journey.

Yes, I decide with finality, today my treasure will be found.

With dancing steps, I bound towards the filly, illuminating the path for her, parting the mists, a low song springing forth from my lips to encourage her. Without waiting, I bound away again, and lead her towards the keep of my most treasured item.

It is an orb, and it glows the same way in which I do - for it is encased in a rare substance. Upon my death I gave my soul to my only child, I preserved her until such a time as one worthy came along to breathe life into her once more.

I bend over my child once more, embracing it with my light, before I look to the filly with a sad smile upon my lips. With nothing more than that, I vanish, fading to join the ether around us, once and for all.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia
I told you once, I told you twice
Have you no ears, have you no eyes?
If this is love then what is hate?
Do you understand my fate?

The soft crackling of footfall brought the foal to a pause. Her chest heaved slightly as fear mounted in her heart. Within those pallid eyes a sense of alarm rose and colored them in the deepest of figurative blues. For a moment her thoughts strayed far from reality and into an alternate world made of childish fantasies. The warm cavern in which she hid allowed her to move once more into the mists despite a silent opposition that hung tightly around her conscious. However, the little foal jumped slightly upon crossing paths with a creature in which she had never seen before. It had appeared before her as quietly as the mists themselves because its movements were muted by the soft padding beneath its toes and its gaze held meaning far beyond the foal’s ability to grasp what it was.

At least for now.

The child stared on quietly as if deciding whether or not to bolt into the shadows in hopes of outrunning the ghostly figure, but she could not move and instead surrendered her attentions to the pale apparition as she would her own mother. Spirals of white light seemed to illuminate the canine in a mystic aura and its jovial tunes that now haunted the forest influenced the filly to follow in its ghostly footsteps. Something about her song forced the child into believing that whatever this creature wanted, it meant no harm. It carried no scent other than the stale stink of death and when it had drawn close enough for the child to look into the depths of its dark eyes, she saw only years of stagnant existence. Endless observation.

But, in a state of weary interest, the youth follows all the same. In and out of the shadows she weaves through the forest and into its unruly depths where she finally pauses to glance around. Unsure of everything except for her diligence to the ethereal creature upon whose heels she faithfully trails, she recognizes a strange light ahead. With no explanation, the canine bends to touch the small orb of light with a tender muzzle and then looks eagerly to the child again before it is gone entirely.

Without any knowledge of consequence, she moves forth to bend closer to the orb herself and it stirs. Whatever existed inside seemed to weigh heavily enough of her mind that leaving it here in the dark was something that the small child hadn’t even considered. She would take the orb along with her when she returned to her mother in hopes of finding an explanation for its existence. Until then, she nudged it softly and the shock that it gave warmed a part of her heart that she had never known of.

Image Credits

OOC| heh...XD