the Rift

Run like you can fly [Escape:Athena,open]

Lana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was time.

I will not stay any longer in this wasteland. The land was bitter and plan, nothing like the beautiful Throat that I called home. Home. That is where I should be. Not here. On my own. My spirit trampled on by cloven hoofs and my dreams stabbed with unforgiving horns. It was sick. This whole place was sick. What kind of creature would want to live here? It was dark and frosty, cold and eerie, full of racist creatures so cold hearted they would take prisoners for toys and 'play' with them. Hurt them and damaging them mentally and physically.

This had changed me though. This whole experience. Although I was filled with more fear then you could imagine I felt as if I could do this. As if I was braver. Wasn't that what Aryel and Levi had told me, that I was brave? In fact, that is what had got me into this mess in the first place and therefore proving me not brave but escaping from here, now then I would feel brave and I could prove myself to...well myself.

I peer out of the dingy cave. It was dark (which, considering my color, was better for me) and the moon was was out and full among a sea of stars that twinkled in the night. A few scattered tree's stretch out, each thin and quiet spaced apart which would make it easier to weave though. With my knotted mane trailing down my scruffy black neck and my legs almost shaking, I take almost silent steps out of the cave before checking round again. I would walk until I could not see the cave then I would speed up. In my last check round I search desperately for the figure of Crowley or someone but more importantly Athena. I would feel so much better if she was here right now but maybe, if I escaped, I could tell Kri of the kidnapping and she would be rescued? With sickness settling in the pit of my stomach I start walking of as quick, and quietly, as I could.

Oh god I hope I am not caught.

[Lana's escape thread, and as I always say, feel free to hurt her (cuz i'm a sicko like that >.>) ]

"blah blah blah."

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

By all rights, she shouldn't have been soaring over the Basin's snowcapped mountains to fly over the valley they sheltered. That kind of thing could start fights between herds, especially ones that already didn't need much reason to fight eachother. Kri would have her tail if she got wind of this. But it had been a sweltering, uncomfortable night in the Throat and she desperately needed to clear her mind after the invasion.

It was worth it, though. The cold moonlight illuminated the land below her, the cool wind whistling through her mane and soothing her sweat-streaked hide where it touched. With the cold came a kind of clarity, enabling her to finally calm her mind and put her doubts to rest. Java, however, did not find their flight so enthralling and was burrowed into her mane, sending her fuzzy pictures of the Throat, a tropical island, anywhere but the sky over a tundra in the middle of the night. He did like the stars, though, and soon his miserable mental images were replaced by a feeling of wonder as he gazed up at the canopy of twinkling lights so far above them. It really was gorgeous, the landscape beneath them accenting it perfectly.

Aryel, meanwhile, was more interested in the dark shape below. While it seemed that most Basin horses were asleep at this hour, here was one taking a solitary jaunt. A devious smile curled the mare's mouth. Why not buzz the unicorn, give them a little scare? She wouldn't exactly loose any sleep over startling a Basin horse. She tilted her wings, causing herself to go into a steep dive. She would just swoop over their heads and be gone before they knew what it was. Maybe all she needed was to prank a unicorn.

Except it wasn't a unicorn.

With a shock, she realized there was no horn on it's head, instead, wings were bunched at it's sides. She ascended quickly, managing to clear the horse with several feet to spare. She landed heavily in the snow some feet in front of them and turned quickly, folding her wings to her sides. "Hey, thought I should warn you that the unicorns here don't take kindly t-" she stopped short, eyes widening, then narrowing to peer at the horse, no, a filly.

"...Lana?"

Scrawnier and scruffier than she remembered, it really was her, the filly she and Levi had befriended, who had gone missing some time before. "Wha-what are you doing here?" She already had a small inkling, though. She desperately hoped it wasn't true. The thought of Lana being held and abused by those damned unicorns was an awful thought.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
[Image: arttablekrazieart.png]

d'Artagnan

A scent. It snagged on the wind and sailed across the Basin into the nostrils of a red glowing hound whose curled ears tweaked and gilded eyes were set alight with a fire that lay dormant within him. Velvet lips wrinkled to show a carnivores ivory arsenal and a ripping howl sending an alert to his dozing bonded. Paws scattered against the permafrost and Aramis sprinted to the Basin Time Mender, emotions projecting an alertness into d'Artagnan's mind. Lids peeled open to reveal the maddening mismatched eyes of the Nightshade and he shook himself free of sleep, took leave of his cave and followed Aramis through the night. The Hellhound had his nose to the cold ground, thin tail pointed in the air as baby limbs trotted in the lead. The pup was no fighter yet, but at least his nose worked well enough to lead d'Artagnan to the new situation that had arisen.

They turned a few bends and came across the scene of an escape, a filly of black colouration and abhorrent wings. d'Artagnan presumed this was the filly Crowley had as a prisoner, though he couldn't remember the name. Claws dug into the surface and Aramis gave a low danger like growl to the other pegasus, who was roan in colour and also bared the trademarks of a pegasus. The shade's teeth clenched together and he decided to walk in on their little party, morbidly glowering at the one who he didn't know. The one who called Crowley's prisoner Lana. "That. Is none of your business vermin. Now either you're stupid or have a death wish, you can leave now or I will force you to leave."

d'Artagnan's voice was unforgiving. He had killed before countless times, he had killed in Helovia, the notion didn't bother him more it excited him. It seemed the opportunity to peek into the land of the unicorn was almost too much for the lesser races, the shade was tired of dealing with intruders and this furthered his irritation. If she didn't leave then he would have to make an example of her, their little prisoner Lana was Crowley's and the shade would not touch her without the consent of his brother. The Weaver owned her, the little wretch was unfortunately not his property. "You. Lana is it? I suggest you move out of the way, your trembling makes me sick and I will not interfere with my brother's property."

The Time Mender shifted his attention back to Aryel then, eyes narrowing dangerously as if daring her to try anything. The fact Crowley wasn't here to stop Lana maybe an inkling that he intended to let the mare go, the other one however, would have to make her decision fast.

[Image: arttablekrazie.png]
painting by krazie

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered

As soon as I had started walking fear had instantly taken over me. The newly found braveness inside me had just been lost. The shadow's of tree's seem to be trying to grab me with there claw like branches from all sides. I heard a swooping from above but I barely took any notice of it. Instead I picked up the pace, not quiet into a trot, but just a much quicker walk. Soon a rush of air travels above me, far to my head and I come to a sudden halt, my eye's rolling back in fear and I neigh in fear, stumbling back.

"Hey, thought I should warn you that the unicorns here don't take kindly t- Lana?"

My eyes widen and a burning pain cuts though me. It was Aryel. My eyes stop rolling and I fix myself into a less coward like stance although my head was lower then how I normally would hold it if I was myself. "Wha-what are you doing here?" I sigh deeply, my eye's welling up slightly with tears although not one mangers to roll down my face when a soft growling starts from behind me.

My eyes clench shut, stopping tears from rolling down and I take a step back allowing a meeting of two to become a meeting of three. The unforgiving voice of a stallion cuts though my ears."That. Is none of your business vermin. Now either you're stupid or have a death wish, you can leave now or I will force you to leave." I step back, away from the two when the cutting edge voice of the bay Unicorn cuts though my ears again. "You. Lana is it? I suggest you move out of the way, your trembling makes me sick and I will not interfere with my brother's property."

Property? I was no property. I belonged to myself. Not him, not the Basin and not Crowley. A small flame flickers inside me. A small flame of anger. It was the first time I had felt such a feeling. It seemed to spur me on, pushing me past fear slightly and the step I had taken back is soon gained back as I take my place next to Aryel. I prepare my voice, making it as strong sounding as I could.

"No."

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Before Lana could reply, they were interrupted by a growl, then a scent. Aryel's head whipped around to take in the view of a large, blood-colored bay with two glasslike horns. His heterochromatic gaze was as heartless as his voice. By his hooves skulked a horned, red-and-black dog, the source of the growling. Aryel turned to fully face him, giving an incredulous snort as demanded she leave and that Lana step away.

How dare this horse keep another enslaved, as property? How dare he take a small, sweet filly, barely out of childhood, from her home? How dare he treat her like dirt? Something snapped in the pegasus's mind. Her glare became even more livid as she stalked forward to stand in the face of the much larger, no doubt more dangerous horse as she quivered with rage. "Do you wish to start a war, ass?" she hissed, looking him full in the eye. A wiser mare would've played it safe, and most certainly have not gotten in range of those deadly horns. But Aryel, as many soon learned, was not exactly wise. Foolhardy, passionate, and temperamental were more accurate words. "This mare is a member of the Dragon's Throat, who, if I recall, requested a state of neutrality with the Basin. Taking her prisoner is tantamount to breaking that agreement." She was all but bearing her teeth at the male. "Now, I'm going to walk out of here with her, or so help me, as Sergeant of the Throat, I will bring the entire army down on your heads, and they will not hesitate in slaughtering every stallion, mare, and foal in this damned frozen wasteland!" At the last word, a flash of electric blue sparked dangerously in her eyes. She had yet to put her magic to good use, and was just itching to give this arrogant mule two hoof-shaped brands on his ugly face, and grind his little pup into the snow while she was it. Java, still crouched on her back, gave a self-satisfied sniff to punctuate her words.

As Lana defied the male's orders, she looked back briefly to give her a broad grin. She could have nuzzled her if she wasn't currently facing the bay brute. As it was, all she was able to do was nod and say quietly, "That's my girl."

(Does D'art showing up automatically mean Lana can't leave? Also, I'd like to mention one little thing. Aryel can be beaten up certainly, maybe even take some damage to her legs or wings, but I'd like her to walk out alive.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Somehow, everything had changed. Within hours she had unknowingly missed absolutely everything. However it wasn't to remain that way, for Athena had awoken to realize that Lana was not where she always was. Nervous and anxious over the disappearance of the young girl she felt she should protect, Athena had set out into the chill, trying to follow hoofprints that disappeared as quickly as the snow fell to earth. Worried hazel eyes swept over the flat alabaster horizon, long tail flickering anxiously as the feathers beat to the fast rhythm of her heart. Where was her precious friend? Had she been harmed? These thoughts only served to drive Athena into an even faster pace. She may be short, but she could still manage some speed when she wanted to. Athena would never forgive herself if Lana was injured when she could be there to protect her. Though Athena was not a fighter, she would still protect Lana even if she would not fight back. Lana was young, and Athena felt as if she needed to keep her safe until they could escape. However it seemed she'd already had that idea, for soon the wingless pegasi could see the outline of three forms. One of which had become very familiar to her.

Breathing a soft sound of relief, Athena sped up to move to Lana's side, muzzle brushing over her body softly as the medic checked for any injuries. Sighing in relief when she found none. The tension in the air was only then noticed, after she had ensured Lana was unharmed. Athena's ears flicked back in discomfort as she heard the words a rather familiar looking mare hissed at d'Artagnan. Before she could catch herself, she found her mouth opening in a soft gasp. "Aryel?" She hadn't seen the woman in ages, it seemed. Indeed it had been quite some time, but she still cared for her. Hearing she was a Sergeant of their herd made her heart bloom with pride, sharing a warm look with the other female before withering under d'Artagnan's cruel gaze. Lana's fierce 'no' had been surprising, and Athena moved to place herself between the stallion and the young girl, wanting to be a barrier should anything bad start going down. Nervously Athena watched Aryel, not wanting her real name mentioned. But she could do nothing, not without d'Artagnan taking notice and raising the alarm more than it already was.

---
Notes: Athena can be injured as much as you want, permission granted to anyone so long as she isn't dead by the end of it.

Athena</style>
  Have to stand up to be stronger</style>

image by seyyed_mostafa_zamani @ flickr.com

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
THE PLAGUE
AVIYA

"Ants should not talk to those that squash them in such a manner, tsk tsk tsk." Fog enveloped the area, a sign of the doctor's daughter arriving. Aviya slunk in, her feminine body moving silently like a wraith. With a flick of her frosted tail Aviya sent her fog towards the Throat sergeant, sickly pleasure filling her eyes as she watched in engulf the foolish pegasus. Scum. She thought distastefully as she approached on the right side of her father, standing with squared cloven hooves, head lifted strongly. No one had the right to talk to d'Artagnan in the manner that Aryel did, regardless of species. If Aviya could growl like Aramis, she would be.

Aviya turned her head slightly, a sadistic smirk filling her pale face. She forced the fog down on Ayrel, hoping to throw the female to the ground. "Your rightful place is to bow before us." Aviya let her crystalline eyes move upwards to the mares behind Aryel momentarily, skinny tendrils of her hypnotizing fog threatening to claim them as well. Aviya focused back on Aryel, ears flattening angrily. "You have tresspassed on Aurora Basin territory, a crime in need of punishment." Aviya wished to break each bone in the pegasus' wings, and tear them off slowly. Aviya would enjoy the bitch's pain.

Aviya could easily fill the silence with words, but she would leave the rest of the talking to her father. She would do whatever he commanded her to do, no matter the price. Taking a dangerous step forward, Aviya tilted her chin inwards towards her neck, pointing her sharp horn's point at the blue pegasus.

[Permission to use magic on Aryel.]

WARRIOR
Image Credit

d'Artagnan

d'Artagnan couldn't believe how utterly dim witted they were. He had watched Lana pitifully and given her every chance to escape, even going so far as to dismiss her completely. So the shade was completely stunned when the pegasus had remained and defiantly rejected the perfect opportunity she had no doubt been waiting a long time for. Slowly the red Time Mender laughed a low erratic laugh before turning his head to one side, mocking Lana with an amused expression. "You're an odd girl. Did I not just tell you to leave? Most prisoners would run away when they are set free, are you sure you want to remain? You'd make a nice ornament for our entrance" d'Artagnan left that hanging there. It seemed the one who had actually trespassed had foolishly decided to come within his range, d'Artagnan returned her glare with one of a dangerous anger. He smiled when she threatened him with the Throat army and the shade wondered if Kri would risk slaughtering her herd on the anger of this ignorant child.

"I'm surprised oh mighty Sergeant that you would so casually threaten me with the Throat army. You must not care that much about your fellow warriors if you would send them to their deaths without a thought. Ask your armoured friend, surely a warrior in your lands. You know, the one who plays with sand? What happens to those who get in my way." d'Artagnan smiled, he never did catch the name of 'daddy' who had come to save his child. Now that one may be able to put up a fight, but the shade highly doubted this one would be able to lay a hoof on him. Dual coloured eyes flickered as he noticed Athena for the first time and he snorted in laughter, it seemed prisoner number two had shown up but d'Artagnan said nothing to her. More interested in the familiar scent that had come to join him.

Aviya.

He smiled and took a step back from Aryel, signalling for Aramis to do the same and allowed his daughters magic to do it's work. The Nightshade looked to Aviya thoughtfully, the Mender had wanted to take the annoying loud mouthed pegasus apart, but he wasn't about to steal her glory. "She's all yours my daughter" he said simply. Feeling pride engulf him as he walked past her smoky form to take a back seat and let the next generation gain the vital experience it needed.

[so sorry for the wait D: and yes d'Artagnan did tell you to leave in his first post xD]

painting by krazie

filled with rage

Unregistered

I smile slightly and weakly to Aryel's encouraging words. Since coming to Helovia I knew there were other kind souls, such as Aryels and amongst them were also Levi and Athena and it gave me hope that one of the three was with me now, defending me when I could not do so myself. I had never defended myself, or fought in my life, I had always been running instead; unlike Aryel who I know knew held the title of Sergeant of the Throat.

A voice of a mare enters my ears, this one unfamiliar and sickening. Her dark smokey body and painted white face almost slinks though the tree's to take place next the bay. She was not one of us. A thicket of fog glides over to Aryel and I watch with a weary eye, keeping out the way of the gas as, I guessed anyway, it was not just fog but more like magic but I guessed that Aryel was clever enough to work that out and could most likely deal with it on her own and now she appeared to be the daughter of the stallion. Words fill my ears from both of them and I realise I had been a idiot, he was letting me go. I take a step back, wanting to leave but not wanting Aryel to be left to deal with the two on her own. I take another step back but then halt to smell the welcoming scent of Athena!

Joy surges though me but is followed by guilt. I had gone on my own planning to escape, I hadn't even asked Athena and then she would have been left here all alone, without a friend in the land, wondering and maybe even worrying over where I had gone. I look back to be greeted by the kind face of her. The soft touch of her muzzle along my side relaxes me and I know that she had only been worrying over my whereabouts and not annoyed with me for leaving her, as I had expected her to be.

[Lana is being a pest and won't go until she knows that at least Athena can go to and Aryel is same ;_; Sorry for her hanging around and being generally annoying >.>]

"blah blah blah."

BRUSH

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Focused on the bay stallion, Aryel had not seen the lion-tailed mare when she walked up. It was her soft gasp that drew her attention, causing her to turn her head to gaze incredulously at Athena. She gave her a slight smile. "Long time no see." She truly hadn't seen the palomino mare since her first days in Helovia, seasons ago. Had she been here this entire time? If she had had hackles, the thought would have caused them to rise. Keeping not one, but two Throat horses prisoner? Unforgiveable.

She looked back at D'artagan and scoffed. "Deaths? With all due respect, which isn't much, by the way, your soldiers would not even be a match for ours. Horns will only get you so far." Her brow furrowed as he mentioned a Throat horse with armor. As far as she knew, only one stallion in their lands had a suit of armor, and that was General Midas. She scowled at the stallion, wondering what he had done. "Have you ever met my friend Gaucho?" she asked, tilting her head. "He's not burdened by such pesky things as morals. All the excuse he needs to kill someone, anyone, slowly and painfully is an order from his higher-ups. Pity he isn't here." His rewording of his previous sentence confused her briefly, but she was prepared to take it. She looked back at Athena and Lana, nodding for them to go home. She would be right behind them.

And then the real trouble started.

A voice caused her to turn from D'artagan to a new mare, this one bearing a passing resemblance to the bay in her soulless blue eyes. She was accompanied by a strange fog that sent an explainable shiver down Aryel's spine. She drew breath to respond to her, when the fog suddenly seemed to lunge towards her. Before she could react, it was everywhere, going into her, through her nose, her ears, her mouth. She gave a short whinny of fear and shook her head back and forth, the whites of her terrified eyes showing as a cold sensation invaded every part of her body from hooves to wingtips.

Those that got to know Aryel would know her as a very proud, independent horse. She prided herself on being free-willed, only following the orders of a worthy leader. This was precisely why the sensation of loosing control over her own body was the most terrifying thing she had ever felt in her four years of life. It was all she could do to not beg pitifully for the mare to stop as her front half bent, leaving her kneeling with one foreleg folded beneath her and the other stretched in front. Her neck was arched and her ears flat against her head as she gasped for breath, eyes wide and blank. The fog was slowly cutting off her connection to Java, her connection to her magic, her own mind. It would be so easy just to give in and-

Chomp!

Aryel jerked, snorting in pain. Java, feeling their connection growing weak, had cast about desperately for something he could do, and settled for clamping his sharp little teeth into the skin where her neck met her back. The bite had jolted her back to consciousness, but she was still rendered immobile. She managed to turn her head a few degrees to look at the two prisoners. "Go on." she gritted out. "I'm...I'm fine." She pulled her gaze back to the two unicorns and fixed them with a look of pure loathing, fear still running through her body at the sight of the mare's horn leveled towards her. But they had had their fun and would let her go now, since they were also letting the other pegasi go. Wouldn't they?

(This is now very interesting.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Their eyes meet, and Athena is thankful when Aryel did not speak her name. It had taken her a long time to get used to her facade, to become 'Ari'. All that she wants to stay is clogged up in her throat, and she cannot speak. Instead, warm eyes turn impossibly sweeter. How long does it last? It is an easily shattered peace, and d'Artagnan's dismissal had been missed by the golden mare. Athena wanted to cower beneath his anger, respecting his strength far more than Aryel. Then again, Athena was not a fighter and would stand no chance against the experienced poisoner. Even so, the thought of the Throat being dragged to war over herself and Lana...Athena's nature rebelled against it. Would rather to remain forever, far from her blooming wonderland of desert and red sand, than risk the warriors that had protected her for so long over such a simple existence.

Aviya's arrival shook her, and Athena's ears flattened submissively. She was no brave soul, having more of a look-on-the-bright-side, love-everybody mindset. d'Artagnan giving her sudden freedom, and announcing her as his daughter, was more than enough to make her drop her eyes further and try to hide her small aureate frame even more. Would she even have the courage to run, leave, if she was given the chance? Aviya's threatening gaze was already enough to make the tiny shimmer of hope disappear. Nevertheless her body still remained close to Lana's, wanting to protect her like the day when they'd met Mauja. When the fog floated dangerously close to them Athena shied away from it, knowing it was unnatural and feeling the prickles on her skin that always worked as a sign that magic was in the air. Seeing it descend on Aryel made orbs widen in terror and horror, but she could do nothing to help her and knew it. If she tried, she too would be caught up in its effects. Watching the warrior, the Sergeant, kneel beneath its power made her tremble. Order soon came from Aryel's lips, and Athena whimpered softly, conflicted. So badly she wanted to return home, and apparently her and Lana had the chance, but she hesitated. Torn. Would they hold true to their word? Surely they would be more wary, considering they knew of the inner workings of the Basin? Athena's tail flickered fast, jerking around in complete betrayal of her poorly hidden anxiety.

Athena</style>
  Have to stand up to be stronger</style>

image by seyyed_mostafa_zamani @ flickr.com
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Nothing ever turns out as planned, does it? In the darkness of a small cave up the mountain slope, barely more than a dent in the side and a slab covering the sky, Mauja watched what went on with his eyes closed and a heavy heart. Perched upon a rock outside of where he dwelt sat Irma, lit up by the silvery moonlight and her pale eyes fixed upon the scene below. Through her soul, her mind, the visions streamed in, of little ragged Lana traipsing out, some unknown monochrome Pegasus swooping in from the sky, protective Ari coming after, d'Artagnan, and Aviya. Behind his white eyelids his blue gaze kept roving restlessly, his heart thumping hollowly and his mind breaking itself in two. Some part of him felt foolishly attached to the one with the odd tail, the golden girl so bleached-out by the moon. Some part of him loathed slave-taking, loathed the fact that they kept two Pegasus in their midst, and wondered why on earth Faelene had one of them. Any member of the Plague he could understand trapping and keeping one, but her? It didn't add up, and what he wanted was to pretend it was all a dream and go back to sleep. In the morning, perhaps they would be free, though he could not be quite sure was Irma was a little too far away for even her superb hearing to catch all that was said.

He toyed with the idea of d'Artagnan being white and spotted for a moment, picturing it in his mind, Ari with her odd tail shielding Lana as she had when he'd met them. Something about it was touching, and he frowned in the darkness. Why was it that he pitied them? Why was it that he wanted them gone, out of here, where he did not have to worry? He was to be the Bane of their existence, and as he had thought of Azzuen, and Onni, Indy.. that he could like them for now, yet that he one day would have to strike them down without remorse — why was that notion getting harder to cling to, while at the same time he found himself restless, pacing in the hours of darkness, wishing to sink his teeth into something alive and meaty?

Mauja's eyes snapped open in the dark, but he still saw it all perfectly in his mind, the fog obscuring part of what happened yet it was obvious the intruder was kneeling in its midst. Ari and Lana remained where they were, frozen in horror on the outskirts of it, and the regal alabaster stallion strode out of his hollow in the mountainside and into the moonlight. It glowed silver on his frame, hung like a loose gown about him as the wind stirred his mane. Something about the scene made him feel sad, torn between two sides of himself, and he felt like an intruder. Knowing that he was starkly visible against the dark crags he moved over to just behind the owl, lowering his black muzzle to hold it against her blue-barred back for a moment. Her beak clicked once before her head swiveled around, and with a soft noise he'd never heard before she gave his long forelock a playful tug. Warmth, so alien coming from her stone cold soul, flooded him, almost flooring him mentally with the depth of her affection and reassurance. The breath hitched in his throat and he held still, drowning in the sudden flood until she turned her head away. Slightly abashed and embarrassed about the whole thing she shut the emotions off, but did not move away from his silent touch.

A slight smile played on his face for a moment before he set off down the slope, rocks clattering down ahead to herald his approach. Irma remained where she was, and for a moment he had the curious sensation of both walking down and seeing himself walk down, the moonlight gleaming upon his broad back. Then, her focus shifted to the horses below, and she left his mind alone. Out here, he could see just as well as she did.

Once clear of the steepest part of his descent he broke into an elegant trot, wondering what he was up to, but not pausing to second guess himself. He couldn't waver, not now, but how could he do something without knowing what it was? Trusting in his marbled heart not to mess things up too badly he found that he skirted the fog and the kneeling Aryel, hearing d'Artagnan's challenging words. Mauja flashed Aviya a small smile, not sure if she'd see it through the haze of her own fog, before he found himself standing slightly in front of Ari, as if on the verge of shielding her from the fog. He kept his head where one eye was upon the prisoners, and one upon the scene where he was quite certain the Doctor would slaughter the foolish intruder. He dared not speak, dared not issue an order, for he did not know what d'Artagnan had said to them, or what Aviya was going to do now that she'd been cheated of her prey — turn to one of the prisoners?

Could he allow that?
Curse his heart, and curse that the game of politics was not wholly his own any more.

HP3 - Double Trouble/Manic Bloom - Betrayer
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
THE PLAGUE
AVIYA

The satisfaction that ran through her body sent signals through her brain like that of a drug. Her eyes twinkled maliciously as the pegasus bowed before them, her fog pulling the disgusting creature's muscles at her will. A shiver ran down her spine, like darkness and lust were tapping the bones individually. Tossing her head and snorting, Aviya took a step back and let her fog subside. She had enough fun, for now, and it was her father's turn. Their challenge turned dark quickly, and Aviya smirked darkly.

The sudden appearance of Mauja threw the filly off, but she shook the feeling of unease quickly. She needed to prove to her Bane what an asset she truly was. Turning her attention to the others, tendrils of fog slowly crept towards them. The fingers stayed low to the ground, threatening to grab hold of hooves and limbs alike. With narrowed eyes, Aviya took a step towards Mauja and the other mares, tail flicking behind her with a mixture of annoyance and thrill.

Glancing briefly into the pale eyes of the ex-king, Aviya spoke slowly, venom dripping from her words. "What are your plans for them?" Her question was simple, but she was sure it would send shivers down the cowards spines much like the appearance of her fog had. Taking another step forward on cloven hooves, Aviya tilted her head dangerously.

The fight between the pegasus and her father raged on, and her blood pumped furiously in her ears, her heart beating only in desire for her father to squash the ant below his hoof. Seeing her die, today, would be the highlight of her week.

WARRIOR
Image Credit

d'Artagnan

d'Artagnan felt himself gaining the upper hand of the battle, his coat was sticky with sweat and blood, his heart pounding the much needed fluid around his body with his magic power utterly spent. Dual coloured eyes became hard as he stood like an immovable wall, intensely glaring at the battered form of Aryel with a malicious grin on his dark lips. "Foolish little girl, you should have left when I told you to. Now get out of our land" he growled as a form of angry dismissal. No doubt she would go scampering back to Kri, but the Nightshade had to wonder, how much it would anger their legendary Leader? d'Artagnan had never hidden his particular dislike for that land and frequently showed its members very little mercy, though the prisoners would most likely be released. It would have been a smooth process if their little Sergeant hadn't gotten too big for her boots. Hoping his winged opponent had finally left, the Mender turned back to view the others who were gathered.

To his surprise he immediately noticed the white form of an old friend, Mauja, and gingerly made his way over to him. Picking up one silver marked feather on his way as an after thought when glancing at Aviya. With their Bane here the Doctor would naturally defer to him, though he never usually took notice of the hierarchy of ranks, he had enough guile to let the higher ups deal with the intricacies, even if that higher up was his best friend. That way he couldn't be solely blamed for anything that went wrong. It seemed that there was a brain cell or two between his crimson ears, when he chose to have them. "Wherever there is drama you will find the Frostheart! Though you were a little late this time, you missed a good fight my brother!" He said, foolishly laughing and winced soon after as his scrapes protested to the sudden movement. Maybe only one brain cell after all.

Something soft brushed up against the side of his leg and the shade looked down only to spot the red marked form of Aramis. Gilded eyes staring up at him whilst a pink tongue had rolled out to one side. d'Artagnan smiled briefly, happy for the pup's simple presence by his feet. The Mender drew in a breath and stretched his maw towards Aviya, attempting to pass the feather to her as a token of victory. "Maybe it will give you strength in future battles, a symbol of power our race holds over all the others." He said, rather proudly. He hoped the feather was also a memory, if one day she found herself in a tight spot, she might look upon it's silver marked appearance and remember her fathers victory. For even he could not live forever.

The Nightshade sighed then and turned to look at the two prisoners before regarding Mauja once more. "Do with them what you will, I'm sick of looking at them." There was a note of exasperation in his voice, all he'd wanted to do that night was fall asleep in his cave of potions. Yet somehow he had been dragged away from his peaceful night and into battle. He felt like a dead horse and, if he was being nakedly honest, looked like a dead horse.

painting by krazie

filled with rage

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
THE PLAGUE
Mauja
[ SKIPPING EVERYONE AH flails gonna wrap this up. <3 ]

Glacial, distant and quiet, Mauja stood his ground; impassive of face and cold of eye he watched as the silver Pegasus spoke one word too many, and brought the wrath of d'Artagnan down upon her head. He snorted quietly. Perhaps she'd learn to stay out now, and nowhere in his body did he find even an ounce of pity. If her tongue flapped so loosely and she didn't have more brain cells to rub together, it would be to do Kri a kindness to lop her head off. Surely the Resolute didn't put up with these kinds of idiots? Was she growing weak and soft? Or was she, ah, how it made his lips curl into a smile, unaware of her Sergeant barging in and making threats of war?

A barely noticeable shiver coursed through him at the sudden appearance of silver-and-blue flames; the small smile hardened into a snarl before melting back to match his emotionless facade. Fire. The sickening stench of it scorching d'Artagnan's skin and muscle brought back memories he had no desire to feel, and Aviya edging over with a hungry look in her eyes saved him from drowning in the sensation of having every inch of his skin the seat of flames. Shifting to better face her (and incidentally, better shield poor Ari) his expression changed little. One ear twitched to her voice, and his gaze slid past Aviya's head and back to the fight. "I think that watching the Doctor beat their Sergeant-" Such contempt. "-to a pulp is more than enough." His voice was cold, and his gaze came back to Aviya. Something glinted in it, like frost struck by moonlight, and a small, terrible smile curled his lips. In a lower voice he added, "Psychological warfare,". There were more than one way to hurt someone.

He felt like a liar.

But then it was over; Aryel was spitting out more threats and Mauja's pale ears slicked back to his neck. Blowing out an angry snort he raised his head and watched her leave, before growling. "Who's the one throwing a tantrum?" It would be amusing to go after her, and haul her back, prove her words a lie — if he went and got her, she'd come back very much alone. Weak, vulnerable, foolish. It would be...satisfying.

His eyes snapped back to d'Artagnan as he came hobbling over, knowing better than to show his worry and pity. Flames hurt, and Mauja knew it. Instead, he chuckled at his words. "I saw enough to know you've not lost your touch, Doctor," he replied with a crooked smile, reaching out to brush their muzzles together. A few feathers was all that remained of the battle, aside from the blood leaking slowly from cuts and scrapes, and d'Artagnan brought one to his daughter before mentioned the two slaves again. Feeling like he could finally look upon them without suspicion he turned his head around, his blue gaze swirling as it rested first upon Ari, then Lana. He sighed quietly. "I think we've had enough fun for one night. Crowley's coarse but I don't think Faelene would want her servant ruined." His eyes hardened. "If you try such foolish things as running off again, it'll be you, and not someone else, who bleeds. Best get back to where you're supposed to be, before you're missed." And he clicked his teeth in the air, moving in a little closer as if to herd them back to the caves. Briefly his eyes settled upon Athena, wondering if she'd know — if she'd understand. Or if she'd just think him cold and cruel.

Best not to think of it.
BANE
Image Credit
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here