the Rift

never seemed so alive [phi | open]

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali
SOLEIL</style>
                the virtuous</style>

The pride and love a mother felt for her children knew no bounds and as Soleil had stood silently watching the battle that had taken place she felt her pride for her daughters grow ten fold. Others around her had spoken and commented on the battle while she simply watched. She felt an ache deep in her chest with each hit her daughters took. It seemed like it dragged on forever when in reality the battle only lasted a couple of hours before the Foothills fell into the hands of her daughters. Her very capable girls.

In the end she watched as Paladin left the Foothills and headed toward the Edge, confused about why he would turn and leave without a word to their girls. Did he blame them for what they had done? She certainly didn't. With the collapse of the Triumvirate the land had sunken into a depression that extended into a number of its members. She had certainly felt the affect of such a dreary land. Really, Soleil couldn't remember the last time she had seen so much action in the Foothills and she hoped that her daughters and their band taking over would shake the Foothills into life.

While Paladin turned away from the Foothills, Soleil turned her back on the Edge. Her heart felt like it cracked, knowing that Paladin had chosen his home in the Edge while she desired to remain in the Foothills. She felt like she had started to turn into a hermit and she disliked it. She lacked the fire she had when she was a foal. The drive she had when she had lived in Isilme. Years of fighting and losing her loved ones and her homes had done it. Now, more than ever, she desired to recapture the mare she had once been. The one who would fight for her family instead of rolling over and showing her belly all for the sake of peace. She hated what she had become and often times found herself wondering if Paladin hated it as well.

Perhaps this group her girls had created was exactly what she needed.

Her silken tail flicked against her dappled legs as she walked down to the sight of the battle. "Ophelia." Soleil called to her pale daughter. Her movement came to a stop and she stood waiting for her daughter to come to her so they could talk.

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia had not expected her hear her mother's voice, so at first, she believed that she was finally going mad. The alabaster mare's ears tilted back, and she hesitantly turned her head, afraid that she her gaze would meet nothing but grassy hills in the distance. Much to her relief and surprise, the image of her mother was there, approaching from down a sloping hill, and Ophelia was struck silent. Though she had always felt more close to her mother than her father, she had not seen Soleil in a very long time. Granted, Ophelia had not exactly gone looking, but her presence had even shifted. What also confused her was that she had rarely seen her mother without her father... in her entire life, really. Was their relationship crumbling?

Part of her hoped, for her mother's sake, that she and her father were still whole and beautiful. Paladin had always seemed to breath life into Soleil, but Ophelia was cynical in a calm and quiet way. What comes up must come down and what begins must end. Sometimes, the downfall arrives more swiftly than anticipated.

Ironically, her father was more of a warrior, but even then, her mother had always had a certain fire and violence in her heart. Ophelia could see now how her father would have stifled this passion with his own rather rigid code of chivalry, and she admired her mother for coming here while her father was clearly not. "Mum," she replied affectionately, limping quietly to the elder gray mare and embracing her closely. Ophelia's delicately shaped cheek touched her mother's, and her eyes closed tightly.

"How are you?" she asked, finally pulling away, a soft smile on her lips. "I am sorry for not visiting. You are usually with father, and his presence is... well, honestly, I feel like a rather miserable being when in his company," she admitted.

[OOC: I had Phi embrace Soleil; I will take it down if you consider it to be powerplay!]

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali
SOLEIL</style>
                the virtuous</style>

Soleil waited with baited breath, not knowing how the younger of her twin daughters would take to her appearance after not having seen her in so long. A sigh of relief was punctuated with a smile at the affectionate greeting and the embrace she was given. The elder mare rubbed her muzzle along her daughter's back, checking for injuries before hooking her neck back over her and pulling her close again. "I'm so proud of you." She murmured to Ophelia. "You've done so well for yourself." She wished she could say the same for herself, recently. Her life had fallen into peaceful monotony, the fire that burned in her heart stifled by motherhood and inactivity. While she did not and would never regret becoming a mother she longed to recapture the fire that had driven her life before.

"I am well." She answered her daughter's question after releasing her and stepping back to give her a bit of breathing room. "No worries, neither of us visited the other." She wished now that she had, but she'd had Vadim and Varath to care for and after they'd grown and left she'd had Soren. He'd wandered off, too, and now it was only her and Paladin. Now with Paladin leaving to go with Mirage she didn't know what was going to happen. The Foothills had been her first home in Helovia and she wanted to spend her life there and not bounce from home to home as she had in Isilme.

"You have no reason to feel like a miserable being." Soleil said, her brows furrowing as she addressed the comment. "You are beautiful, capable, and strong. So very strong." Pride and affection filled her voice. "You should never feel less than great in anyone's company."

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia smiled to herself when her mother's lips ran over her back as if scour for injuries. The action elicited fond memories of childhood, of which there were few. She cherished the ones she had, enjoying for the moment a chance to relive the past that was now a dream. The alabaster mare closed her eyes when her mother embraced her tightly, and Phi exhaled a sigh of content, carefully resting her face on her neck. Ophelia was mindful of her horn, making sure that she did not accidentally stab her mother during their moment of joy.

She was glad her expression was hidden when her mother's congratulations rested on her mind. Was there anything worth congratulating her for? Ktulu mastered most of the band, called them into battle, and Ophelia had fought hard. "Ktulu, mostly," she replied in an ambiguous tone. Guilt. She felt guilt over her mother's pride after such a lackluster invasion. She felt guilt over the choices of the Grey and the dim future she saw of being forced to choose between friends and money.

Ophelia was glad that her mother was well, and she listened carefully, hearing her mother's chiding words. More guilt at her mother's affirmations of her beauty and character, partially because she did not believe a word of it, honeyed as they were. Her mother called her beautiful, but she was strange. Her mother called her capable, when she relied on her sister and others for guidance. Her mother called her strong, when she was weak. She had fallen, tumbled into love with a wolf and a god, and she barely escaped, burned and broken. Weakness drove her into the arms of another, and naively, she believed they would be caring.

Weakness was a defining characteristic. Her smile saddened, but she quickly redirected the subject. "I suppose father's intensity and morality is a pressure that I do not appreciate being under. Regardless," she said with a pause. "Did you come to see us? Or do you have news? Questions?" she asked. After a year of not seeing her mother, something else had to be driving Soleil.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!