the Rift

daughter sweet daughter, .b r e a t h e. in [Destry]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I stood at the very border between the Basin and the Steppe. It was cold and my body was going numb. I stretch out my wings, wincing as I unfold my right wing. The joint still hurt, and the skin and hair was still black. Well, the skin was more of a dark pinkish red color, and my hair was beginning to grow back. I kept my mane over it, trying to hide the painful wound. But, I would never forget what had happened.

Snorting, I turn and look at the gleaming stars high above the sky. I could only think about Delinne and Destry as I stare at the glowing balls, bright against the black sky. Why did things have to go so wrong? Why couldn't we have just remained together, and raised Destry to be a loving daughter? Why? I stomp my gray hoof against the ground, feeling a single tear slide down my cheek.

Looking about, I see a shriveled tree not too far from me. I begin to walk towards it, seeing a small leaf still hanging onto a branch. Feeling the anger swelling inside of me, I burn the tree. I watch as the bark begins to burn. My magic only lasts a moment, but by then the tree is already ablaze. I watch with fiery eyes as the tree begins to crackle, large cracks appearing in the trunk. In an instant the tree snaps in half, collapsing onto the snow. The white snow begins to melt, appearing as though it's shrinking away from the flames.

I stand there, warming myself by the flames as the night wears on. The last tongues of flame reach to the sky before shrinking away, the embers hot and glowing. Flicking my ears back, I lower my head. I whisper a few words, praying to the gods that my family is sewn back together soon. I don't think my heart can last any longer.

It's just too broken to function.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: <3

word count: 331

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

The filly stands on overly big legs, chest puffed out and head held high as she prances forward, sharp hooves crunching into the light layer of snow. Creamy trendils float next to her, they seem to be dipped in blood- one might see as a frightening sight until if far away. Neat wings tucked into her sides, red constellations shimmering against her inky purple-black hide. Her eyes are jeweled- red, bright red. Though a dash a blue interupts the sea of red. A snort comes from the filly as she bumps into the tree. How dare it get in her way? A cough rips from her throat and leaves her still for a few moments, interupting her prance.

Destry has ventured from her mother- probably too far for her age. But, she is a warrior, she could handle anything. The trees begin to thin and excitement fill the eyes of the small being, the temperature picking up slightly as she blinks in the more direct light. Curious orbs look at the vast landscape that rolls in the slightest, also covered with a dusting of frost and snow in a few places. Destry looks in awe as the sun moves down the sky, and watches it for quite a time marveling at the soft pastel colors that replace the light blue. Another cough- less violent this time. Destry releases her wings from her side, and the tips brush against the ground. In the distance, a sudden blaze takes place, a dot of bright orange against the dreary grey blue of the landscape. They say curiosity killed the cat, and that is sometimes a weak point for the filly. Destry glances back into the forest that leads to the Aurora Basin- where her mother was. Probably looking for me. The thought merely crosses her mind before a smirk fills her face and the thought is cast away. She sets off at a lope, eyes twinkling as she grew nearer and nearer.

As she approaches, the details of the flames become more prominent and a pegasus stands near the flames. She stops, trying to stay silent though she has probably been spotted. Her heart skips a bit as she recognizes the pale palomino coat and tribal fire markings upon the flanks. Flashes of her first moments of life- that where she recognized it from. 'Don't you know what he's done?.... I've seen him do this before.' She had not understood at those moments, but her with her growing education she could kind of connect those together- and with what information her mom had provided her. Her crimson eyes narrow, anger filling her form. "Dad." She says and walks into the light of the flames, red constellations glittering, the purple in her inky black coat standing out more in the light of the flames. Anger bubbled inside her, and it seemed as if static started to produce from her bodice, flashes of red snaking out a foot or so. She marveled at this, distracted momentarily by her new discovery.

She had magic.

ooc: sorry for the rustiness, first official post with her.
word count: 523

Deceased
Dark

I flick my ears back as I hear small hoof steps. Turning my head slowly, I narrow my eyes, trying to make out the shady figure. I flick my ears forward as I realize this is a foal approaching me. I stand by the last flickering flames, silent for a few moments. I see the lips of the foal move, and the words strike me like a kick to the gut.

"Dad."

The light of the flame reaches the small figure as the child makes it's way towards me. I gasp, a little surprised. "Destry! Where's your mother?" I realize this is something I shouldn't have said. In a moments notice red sparks jump from her dark body, illuminating the area before the red sparks strike the earth. I watch a small flame spark up before the flames die away because of the frigid air.

I step back, a little surprised. The flames had been only a foot or two from my hooves. Snorting, I narrow my fiery gaze. "That is no way to treat your father. I don't care what Mauja or your mother or anyone else says! I've never loved anyone but you and your mother." I shake my creamy mane, thinking I handled the situation quite well. Although I had gone a bit off topic on the last sentences.

Sort of.

With a more softened expression I speak again, giving a more teasing tone to my words. "Besides, you don't want to burn the only horse who can teach you to fly and use your magic, now do you?" I glance at the embers, a single leaf at the very end of a branch. Clearly this leaf had been safe from the tongue of the flames, but not anymore. Gazing at the flames with my fiery orbs, I burn the leaf. In the blink of an eye the whole branch is engulfed in flames once again. I show Destry my right wing, letting the light stream over the burned and scarred flesh. A little piece of my heart was being sewn back together. I had missed my daughter.

I had missed her so much.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: <3

word count: 357

When your crowns break."

I can't be mad at my dad. I am too young to understand- too young to really even comprehend the jumble of words I hear every day. I pull in her wings, ruby eyes watching the pale gold horse before her- father. My thoughts are scrambled, unable to focus on one set thing. 'Destry! Where's your mother?' I hear my name, and my eyes focus on his. Where? Mother. I focus on those words and take time, slowing my words and hoping they're understandable. "B-Basin. Hoorns." This is so frustrating. In the Basin. With all the other Unicorns. But that is not something I can say yet. I sigh, the frustration written plainly across my face. The red sparks start to formulate again and now my attention is drawn to it. 'That is no way to treat your father. I don't care what Mauja or your mother or anyone else says! I've never loved anyone but you and your mother.' I look up, my brow furrowed as I try to dissect the words. Father- Mauja- Mother. Those were the easiest, the others were just sounds. My small body trembles, the temperature continuing to drop as we stand here. The wind bites against my thin pelt, so I pull my wings closer to me, anything to help block out the cold.

My father speaks again, 'Besides, you don't want to burn the only horse who can teach you to fly and use your magic, now do you?' A squeal escapes my lips, excitement charging my body as I prance forward. I push my wings out again, flapping them slightly as I grin up at the large stallion. "Fly?" I'm excited. It's plain to see- and I can't wait to get started. Also, using my magic. I could show that off to my friends, to my mother!

ooc: ran out of steammm. i'll make sure to post a longer one next time!
word count: 330

Deceased
Dark

Destry takes quite a while to speak, and only a few words come from her lips. "B-Basin. Hoorns." Flicking my ears back, I dislike the way the Basin sounds in my daughter's mouth. With a slightly stern gaze, I focus on my daughter's red eyes. "The Basin?..." I swear under my breath, trying to keep Destry from hearing. That would be a big mistake, especially if she repeated those words near her mother. Lowering my head, I stare at Destry with my fiery eyes, my muzzle brushing against hers.

I withdraw my head, and with my next words, I can see Destry is excited. She squeals, flapping her wings."Fly?" I smile, nodding my head. She looks at me, grinning. "Yes, fly. And I can teach you." Spreading out my wings, I show how large they are compared to hers. Her wings were still small, but they would be able to hold her up. "Before you start flying, you must strengthen your wings." I pull my wings up, so that the very tips shoot out towards the sky before bringing them back down. I repeat the process, but constantly changing the angle of my wings. "Now do the same." I toss my head, smiling towards Destry as I wait for her to try it. I fold and flex my wings several times, flicking my wing tips up towards the sky. While I'm flexing my wings, I feel the sudden cold creep across my skin. I shiver slightly, stepping closer to Destry and watching her wings.

I was so proud of my lovely daughter.

But, what would her mother think? At the thought of Delinne I shiver, holding back the tears. I wouldn't cry, especially not in front of my daughter. That would be shameful, especially for me. Shaking my mane, I glance at the last glowing embers of the fire. But, unlike the embers, I will never leave my family. No matter what.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: Kind of ran out of steam too... lol

word count: 333

When your crowns break."

It was as if the outside of my wings were bedazzled with red rubies- they gleamed and shined as I lofted them out. 'The Basin?...' I hear the words from my father and I nod vigorously, sharp hooves striking the ground as I prance excitedly. I hear my father again, but can not understand the mumble of words. My head cocks to the side slightly as I watch him. 'Yes, fly. And I can teach you. Before you start flying, you must strengthen your wings. I squeal again before I hear the strengthening part- I can't fly yet? That doesn't seem quite fair! I sad look crosses my face and I pout, the ecstatic energy evaporated- sucked up, you could say, by those few words. I grasp at the word- it is big and daunting. One I don't quite understand, but I don't ask. It sounds important. I watch as he pushes his wings up. He then pushes them down and I am at awe as he flexes his wings and adjusts the angles slightly. It looks so complicated and difficult- I am not sure how I will ever master that. 'Now do the same.' Already? I push my wings up, purple black under-feathers gleaming. I then push them down quickly and then ends slap against the ground. I recoil and look at the feathers that were thrown a-strew.

"Hard." I say, my tongue felt awkward and difficult to work with. I feel like crying- I want to fly. I try again and I don't know what to do now- but I continue. My wings catch against the air and my eyes spark in interest. I flap my wings like my father- though the angling I would have to work on. I slap the ground a few times when the excitement gets ahold of me, but I am getting better. At flapping my wings. I look to my father for what to do next, adrenaline bubbling through me as I started to prance again, hooves dancing along the ground and wings stalling slightly.

ooc: -
word count: 345
"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

Deceased
Dark

Destry watched with intent eyes, watching me flex my wings. I could feel pain course through my right wing, wincing once or twice. I could see the ruby-like colors upon the outside of Destry's wings dance in the light as the unfolds them. Smiling, I watch her closely as she begins to trot in place. Pride filled my heart, and I knew Destry was excited to fly. When she heard be talk about strengthening she tilts her head and squeals. A sad look washes over her face, and I laugh. "Don't worry. Without strong wings, you wouldn't be able to fly. You'd flop around like an awkward goose." I smile, nodding my head as if agreeing with myself.

I laugh silently as I watch Destry try to mimic my movements. Her wings flail about, as though being thrown about by violent winds. Smiling, I watch her dark lips move slowly, forming the word, "hard." Nodding, I knew how she felt. I was very young when my father taught me how to fly. It had been very difficult, but I had been able to catch on pretty quickly. Pulling myself back into the moment, I see Destry's wings catch air. She flaps her wings, the excited expression back on her face. She begins mimicking my movements, although her wings slap the ground a few times.

"Good job! You're getting better." I reach out to brush my muzzle against Destry's forehead, below the small, sharp lump that was to be her horn. I step back, noticing the violent dance-like movement she started with her feet. Sighing, I look at her, smiling. Such a comical little filly she was. My cream tail slaps my pale fold hocks, brushing the ground as I stare at Destry's wings. I watch her wing movements, making sure she did it all correctly. I nod in acceptance, smiling. But she would have to wait to fly. She needed strong wings for that.

"Blah blah blah."

ooc: <3 Destry is so cuteeeeeee 8D

word count: 326

When your crowns break."