the Rift

[FINISHED] To Hold Fire [PLAGUE]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada
Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction
Morning dew clung on to thin strands of grass, creating a glowing illusion as the dim sun rise made its entrance into the Basin. If any one had been looking for Crash, now would be the easiest time to find him due to the large hoof prints etched into the saturated soil and grass. The prints lead toward the warmest part of the land, the hot spring. It was a neutral temperature, not too cold but not exactly warm. Maybe it just felt that way due to the access fur he had obtained in the past few weeks of being here.

A black and white splashed stallion wadded hawk deep in the warm water, his eyes barely held open. The relaxing heat of the pool soothed his strained muscles, letting them unclench as his body temperature rose. Crash opened his deep blue eyes, scanning the area around him. This section of the Basin was much different from the boundaries where he had spent most of his time recently. The air was very bitter and sharp there, as where here was still quite cold, but the moisture that escaped from the spring kept the air at a muggy level.

Crash took a few steps deeper into the water, stopping once he could feel the heat lapping at the bottom of his belly. He looked into the water, watching the feathering around his silver hooves float around, almost looking like wings of a bird. His mind converted a bird to the equipeg mare he had met when he was still brand new to Helovia. She had been a strange looking animal, with markings that looked like fangs dripping from her face. The way she moved with those odd wings sprouting from her body made him uncomfortable. How strange it must have been to have two heavy limbs hanging from your shoulder, having to stretch them every so often so they would keep circulation. They always make an animal look too small he had thought; their wings being very distracting. Ugh, strange looking was all they were.

As his train of thought wandered, his temper also flared. Where had Arah gone? Had she been keeping distance from him for some reason, or had some one taken her? He had heard that there was a war going on, but where or what over he had not a clue. Frustrated, he tossed his large crowned head into the air, messy forelock bouncing over his eyes. The stallion took a sharp turn, the pressure of the weight of the water holding him back from completely galloping out. Instead, he lifted his front legs high, pushing with all of his strength to jump from the spring. Water splashed every where, droplets clutching onto his tri-colored hide as he kicked up water. His deep frogs dug large holes into the floor of the pond, stirring up mud, clay and what ever else settled at the bottom.

Once he reached the edge of the pond once again, he stopped, badly wanting to throw a tantrum. Crash drew in a deep breath, as he did so his head lifted and once again dropped with the exhale that left a steaming cloud rolling out of his mouth. Damn it, what the hell is wrong with me? he thought to himself, pinning his white ears back until they tried to bury themselves in his black mane. His soaked pelt instantly became very cold as the heat escaped from his body. His body quivered, but he did not move back toward the only source of heat. He stood with his head dropped at shoulder height, taking slow breaths to cool himself down.
No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention
WORD COUNT: 609
LYRICS: "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold

Please tag me in all posts.

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
image by jouste @ flickr.com</style>

The black and white stallion was not the only early riser this bright morning day. Here, the sun was a gentle kisser, lips soft and sweet, warm honey pouring over the vast valley cast in shadow, insistent but kind, ever so swift and yet deliciously slow- talking about the kiss, of course. Snö, graceful, elegant, and just as cold as her mother, yet in her own way, so much more cruel, moved with a steady swing of her hips, clearly at ease with her feminine wiles; her mane and tail, of course, vanilla and cinnamon cocoa, fell cleanly on her smooth, creamy milk neck; she was a sugary confection, so unlike her insides, varnished with cinnamon and chocolate.

If her outside was so deliciously gorgeous, her mind was where she made up for her beauty; her flawed mind, quick and sharp, prone to random acts of fierce, heartless cruelty, bitter dislike and always holding grudges. Snö was not a filly to be toyed with, she was an enemy to any who dared opposed her, and she made sure she was not one to be crossed. Her punishments were much worse than mean, or even cruel, her consequences were deathly and gory. Yet she was to make a good mare- as good as her sourness could be- a cold and heartless foe, but a powerful one to rally behind- especially those of the Plague.

Snö truly cared for the murdering racist creatures. She loved the Plague- if not mayhaps the ones within- for their purpose. Death and eradication. Slavery. Ha! It would be... a truly glorious destiny. The filly recalled Psyche's meeting- and sighed ever so softly. She had little like for creating chitchat. But this stallion... he ha the body of a fighter. Let him have the mind too, Snö prayed.

"Snö, and you?" The white femme asked, voice quiet and slightly chilled, but not fully off putting. She, too, entered the springs so warm, and no doubt it would be freezing to remove herself, even in the light of Tallsun.

snö.   </style>
& when she whispers, your blood shall run cold.</style>

Hidden Account
With the few deep breaths that he drew in, his mind began calming down. The images of every thing sour he could think of dissipated, crawling back into the vaults of his mind. He brought his head back up to see an odd colored filly wandering toward him. She too was horned, just as he had figured nearly every one in the herd was. Had there actually been equines or a equipeg in these lands? He had thought not. The filly moved toward him, wading into the spring along with him.

She introduced herself as Snö, then questioned his name. No small talk, he enjoyed this at this time. Her voice was icy and straight, giving a different image than her looks deceived. Right now he was definitely not up for chit chat. He watched the small mare's reflection in the dancing water, only to lift his sight back up and attempt to make eye contact with her. "Snö? I'm Crash Course. You can call me Crash." The emptiness of his voice suggested that he was not much for talk at the moment.

His eyes shifted back down to the water, watching the silver glint of his cracked and scratched hooves beam through the water. He only stood in about two inches of water, just enough to let the feathering of his legs play in the warm liquid. Not knowing what the mare was going to do or say next bothered him in a strange way, making him quickly decide that he should not let anything bother him at the moment. He knew it was highly unlikely that she were to do anything, considering they occupied the same land and race.
WORD COUNT: 281

ali

Snö watched the dark stallion with cold, crystal blue eyes, letting her gaze roam over the colossal form. In reality, he was no taller than Snö, with her lithe, elegant form and slender body, yet he was heavy. Thickly muscled, brawny, broad-chested, with heavy feathering that swirled under the steaming waters sullenly, no doubt dragging down his legs and feeling as if a lead weight had been added. Snö had only minimal feathering, from Mauja's side- they only grew more noticeable during Frostfall. For now, they remained just visible in silky down following her hocks. She moved into the water slowly, enjoying the tingling sensation as the boiling water soaked through every pore and eased her muscles tense and sore after rigorous training and sparring. Her coat, white and varnish chestnut, turned into a sleek shade of metallic silver and dark chocolate, a roguish red brown nearing black. Long and full, her tail floated and twisted around her gracefully, the water combing through it.

The stallion introduced himself as Crash Course. For a brief moment, Snö indulged herself in a quiet chuckle, eying his frame once more. But even her laugh was cold, the tinkling of ice clipping against each other. "How did you earn a name like that, Crash? I do hope you never hurt yourself." It was harder than she realized, treading carefully about this manner, using both manipulation, lies, and truth to try and clarify the intentions of a unicorn- to make sure they were not the fools who needed to be taught of their superiority. It was so much of a longer path to do that... Snö was well enough at her secrecy and manipulation, but she preferred a cold, straight path to the answers if at all possible. Normally it was not.

For a long few minutes she simply relaxed, enjoying the bath, muzzle a touch cold. "So Crash, why did you choose Basin as your home?" Snö asked eventually, a sly vixen at heart. It would be a good way to learn why he had joined a horned-only herd.

"Talk."

snö.   </style>

Hidden Account
The mare laughed at his name, slightly irritating him as the laugh slipped past her lips. His fuzzy white ears flicked backward in annoyance, dark blue eyes glaring at Snö as she spoke. She suggested the possibility of him injuring himself, making a thin smile line the stallion's dark lips. "Oh just abnormal minded parents." He took a step toward the multi-colored female, the water rippling away from his body as he moved. "I really had no choice in what I was going to be called."

With the frustration that had been building up for the past few days, the smallest things were pissing Crash off. Normally he would brush off remarks like the mare had, but right now was definitely not his time. After a short period of silence, Snö questioned why it was the Basin that he had chosen as a home. At first, he was about to question it too. Why come to a place where you know no one and really don't want to be around any of them? He had met Arah, only for her to be swept away. He stayed quiet for a while, thinking this over; "So I wouldn't have to see the disgusting bodies of those Pegasus on a regular basis." he finally replied.

There was nothing he was really against about equines, besides that they were rather boring and normally so weak. He had yet to meet an outrageously interesting equine. His dark blue stare was set at the water, watching ripples created by any source of movement, including soft breezes and occasional air bubbles popping under the water. The vibrant sky grew lighter and lighter as they stood, Tallsun emerging from the mountains in a slow manner, throwing shadows of every object across the earth.
WORD COUNT: 295

ali

Snö took careful note as the stallion so named Crash Course flicked his ears back aggressively, dark blues eyes chips of cold, dark ice. Yet perhaps he mustered his emotions, for the thinnest of tight-lipped smiles appeared on his bold face. The filly smirked, ready to slink into one of her regular bouts of cruelty that came so unpredictably and swiftly, glacial as a snowstorm. “Abnormal minded parents? More like idiots.” Snö replied coldly, half-closing her freezing crystal blue eyes. They must’ve been- ‘Crash Course’. Ha! Snö was an elegant name, refined and smooth, cold and well-shaped, frosted and rolling off the tongue briskly and cleanly. It was a noble mare’s name, a lady, a princess’; not a commoner’s, nor peasant’s, the white mare so arrogant thought to herself. Lazily she stood her ground, in fact resting a delicate cloven hoof, as this Crash took a step forward, as if trying to intimidate her. Her of all unicorns!

At this moment, Snö was uncertain if she enjoyed this stallion's presence. In a way, she admired the voracious way he attacked the matter at hand. In another, he was so simple, so restricted to using the bulk of muscle. Perhaps, if she liked him enough, she could teach him other ways- like ways to use his head, instead of pure fat and thick bone. Yet then he spoke again, and Snö froze, silken ears immediately pinning to skull. Fat, yellow-bellied, fluff-headed, broken-horned, tangled-mane, overweight, skulking, perverted, idiot!

"You speak as if all are your friends and all will accept you for your idiocy in speaking so openly about those whose company you prefer." Snö snapped, frosted blue eyes freezing over to much below zero. "If I were not as opinionated as you, I would cut you open for you idiocy in this manner. As it is, I find it doubtful you'll know when to keep your trap shut. How do you want to repay this, Crash Course? For I do know a pretty little secret you may enjoy- if you can do something for me." Snö was a greedy mare; she would much enjoy making this puffed-up idiot do something for her, in order to get the 'secret'. The Plague inclusion. But first she must know he could keep a secret. She must. "It's a truly delightful secret, sir Crash." Snö moved forward, the steaming water swirling around her wet silver legs.

snö.   </style>

Hidden Account

Crash lifted his thick head into the air once again, keeping cold eye contact with the strange colored female. She once again insulted him, calling his parents idiots. The sly grin rested quietly on his maw, saying nothing in reply to her witty comment. He did not know the strength of this filly, but by the way she carried herself, she obviously was very vain and loving toward herself. She must have been perfect in her mind. He stood in silence, waiting for Snö to run off another snooty response to her own comment, or a dumb ass question he was sure.

Just as he suspected, she rambled about how he was an idiot and how he spoke to openly. Crash raised a brow, giving the mare a "confused" look. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I offend you? I only told you why the fuck I came here because you asked. Now, dear, why in the hell do you care?" His temper stayed at an uneven point, being very frustrated, but still able to keep his cool. Once again, the filly spit out more insults as if she were trying to break him down. Crash tipped his head to the side, taking in each useless word as they entered his ears.

Snö offered a secret in "repay," repay for what? What in the world could this dumb bitch want from him. An idiot that she seemed to think so low of. If it were his choice, he'd be on his marry way right now. But, what could knowing some special secret hurt? The thought peaked his curiosity. As the female spoke, she took a step closer, slowly closing in the small space between them now. "A secret that only an idiot like myself could keep? Oh hunny, you know exactly how to grab my attention. Let me in on what it is that I just might do to get this secret." The sarcasm rolled thick from his words as he called her "hunny," the word itself was always slightly annoying to him. Judging by the way this filly had been acting so far, she must have been thrilled to hear her new nick-name.

WORD COUNT: 362

ali

No, she decided, she very much disliked this stallion. Yet regardless of their differences, Snö supposed he would be useful, if only as a body to block blows to more important, treasured members. The white mare curled her lip daintily as the stallion went on so elaborately to question her for questing him about why he was so stupid when she had asked the question. He was so all over the place, for goodness' sake- could he not settle on one mood, instead of treading on the thin line between fury and sullenness? For it seemed he could not.

"Well, Crash-" she began, imbuing her voice with all her disdain for him, "One day, diplomacy may be of more use to you than brute, dumb force. You may find the warriors in Helovia are quite often better than expected, a fact that can be hurtful to learn for us with our heads above them. Never underestimate an opponent simply because of their species. In any case, the ones of us here with your opinions would do well to keep it hidden, or else pathetic horses will be marching in with twigs on their brows." Snö sighed dramatically, letting the delicious heat soak into the tense flesh of her muscles. They were surprisingly tight, more so than she would've expected, perhaps from the vague tension underlying the conversation.

Again Snö curled her lip disdainfully, wrinkling her delicate satin brow at his crass use of the word 'honey', finding the petty disgust at his vulgar manner deepening into dislike. She was uncertain of the desideratum in mind- she wavered slightly between her choices. So many options, so many she could so quickly attack. "Bring the Lady Psyche the feather of a pegasus- how you take that is up to you- and tell her Snö sent you." The mare sighed, stepping away. Water dripped from her coat as she turned, coat dark molten silver, and disappeared from the hot springs.

[You could do this through NPC if you like! But I imagine (I definitely cannot make promises for Rayo OOC or Psyche IC) Psyche may accept you/Crash into the Plague!]

snö.   </style>