the Rift

Spiders Lurk in Shadows. || Open

Demetrie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She was alive.

The near-two year old scoffed as she hid in the shadows watching horses stand up dripping in blood from battle. Demetrie was a spy, but she had recently become deeply obsessed with new information. With a freshened vigor, and a long stride, she loped into the the Foothills. The rolling foothills were given green hair that tickled her hocks and sprung her back up every step. The wind whipping back her mid-length mane throughout the subtle roll. With not tiring, she could breathe slowly and that oxygen would be enough. Her horns had grown rather proud the last few weeks, and every day she felt a bit more mature on the inside. Her eyes fluttering closed for a moment, but flickered open wearily as the stench of the sun baking bloodied pools grew stronger. Her deep cyan orbs wearily flicked back and forth as she started slowing her pace. Trotting.

Her brisk trot carried her ivory frame into the middle of the battle field. Proud and strong. She seemed to hold her head higher, her feet rose higher, her chest was pumped out, and her nostrils were flared. With a subtle ease, her legs quivered to a stop and her chest flew into the air. Her fores thrashing and blurring as every swipe from them seemed faster than the one before.

In an instant, her front hooves slammed against the grass creating a muffled bang sound. Her nostrils quivered as a low bugle waited for a moment in her pipes before running through the air. A murky neigh with cracks added in. It seemed to call for the members of the Hiils. Certainly, they'd be drawn to the white mare. She was hard to miss against the green, red, and brown that now dotted the land around her. Blue horn and blaze bright and pure as ever.

Demetrie was a unique thing. She was a spy, and not the traditional type. Being so young, mares were drawn to her as motherly instincts came out, but this fire ball was no longer the foal she use to be. Within weeks she had grown quite well. Her muscles had grown rapidly to make her strong for most gals her age. She had not been sent from Ignita here to spy, but she was drawn by the stenches of war, loss, and gain. The horses here in Helovia were greedy. They fought for land instead of joining. They created groups for killing. This, she grew fond of quite quickly.

OOC: This is not tagged with the Spy tag, but since she wasn't sent, it wont be. She loves war and battle, and may consider joining in on the foothills in the future.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia spied an interloper post battle. She had met those who had once sided with the Foothills, and she had recognized her father and those from the Edge upon the hill, observing their bloodshed. But this mare... The strange, dual colored eyes that peered out from beneath white lashes narrowed slightly, her crimson eye taking on a cruel glint. A thrill of battle and violence still pulsed through her veins, making each swift and bloody step on cloven hooves invigorating. Would this high die soon? Ophelia hoped not; she felt nearly invisible with blood dripping down from her jaws, wild and demonic.

The two horns on the interloper's brow reminded her of the Sun God, and the loathing intensified. Even the mare's cry of demanding grating upon her ears, and Ophelia's temper was so easily nicked at this point in time. Being watched as she shed her own blood in a battle of too few against too many only served to grate on her last nerve, and she gnashed her teeth together to display her utter displeasure.

Even the sun over head served to rub her fur the wrong way, and the white, battle-weary leader paused in front of the demanding bitch of a unicorn while breathing heavily. "What do you want?" she snapped, knowing that if she detected any sort of deception, the white mare would pick it from her brains by force. Though young herself, Ophelia held herself with a maturity that far outweighed her slim years. An ancient weariness and bitter anguish rested in her strange eyes that did not belong in such a young expression.

But her memories would not allow her anything else. Everything was meticulously filed and in perfect detail in her brain, and even when she did not desire recollection, the past would play behind her eyes. As she waited for the mare to reply, Ophelia's crimson and white tail dashed at her back legs in a snake-like fashion, body tense with the desire to do more than snap.

[OOC: permission to read mind next post?]

BOOM | Horse | Background

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: locket.png]

LOCKET

When you shoot across the sky like a broken arrow
It's so hard to keep yourself on the straight and narrow.
--

Slowly Locket had stiffly made his way over to the pool that dominated the centre of the foothills, forever supplied by a raging waterfall that threw itself over the protecting mountains. The water was like heaven against his parched throat and it he cleaned the blood off his neck, back and hock, his body now free of pain after visiting the gilded healer who soothed his flesh and nursed his bruises. The stiffness simply came from weariness, though he could feel his strength slowly returning to him as he drank from the clear pool. A good nights sleep and he would be right as rain once again. He lifted his alabaster nose, water dripping from his soft velvet lips, and looked across the Foothills with a thoughtful expression before catching the horned form of Ophelia who consequently seemed to have spotted something or someone. Curious, he followed until he came across the form a yearling of innocent colour, adorned in two twisting horns who seemed a little to drawn into all the commotion for one so young.

Locket watched as Ophelia rather snapped at the child, demanding to know the reason for her presence and the panda faced warrior could hardly blame her. Tempers tended to be high after a battle and suspicion at it's greatest, even a child such as this one could be an enemy trying to sneak around them. In the dying cries of battle, Locket had pledged to stand by The Grey's side in defeat and ultimately defecting. His loyalties had changed so quickly but his sense of duty still remained solidly the same. Curled tail flicked with the ends dampened by the pool, splashing water up his neck as snowy ears curled to listen but he said nothing and awaited the child's words with an expectant gaze.

Muscles tensed in case she decided it was a good idea to assault them and keen green eyes showed a warriors alertness, heart still pumping from the vigour's of battle. Adorned in masses of thick curls that framed his delicate face, Locket stood by Ophelia's side with a stone wall like stance.

flowcomm@flickr

Locket talk :: L = R

Unregistered
She had stood for a moment before she saw a horned mare coming for her, an angry aura rolled from the grown mare's words and body. Quickly, the mare snapped at Demetrie. The near-two-year old had no clue as to what the mare was mad about. Obviously she had won the invasion and should be jumping for joy. What was the issue? Demetrie readily flapped her ears forward. The foal choose to spoke, but only one word. The mare didn't need to know anything else. It'd be a challenge for Demetrie to communicate in one word, so she didn't. Again, her engine roared as fire burnt up her throat only to spew one word. "Demetrie." No one had been surprised of her voice, and Demetrie didn't understand why. Be careful of making wishes in the dark, ivory mare. Her thoughts circled her fight-orientated mind. Quickly referring back to Ignita sending her to spy on Edge, but Demetrie knew she didn't have to spy here, but she did know to be weary, for once it was out, there want be getting it back in. The yearling wasn't even sure if she'd stay with Ignita after her raiding Demetrie's mission. That bitch dared to cross my. Emotions could be seen in her horn. The royal blue they had portrayed before left in an instant to an angry blue that spin fairly quickly in her horns. Deep cyan orbs traced Ophelia's back line. Noting contours and dips in it. In one moment she had nearly memorized the mare's body. A stallion showed up and Demetrie did the same to Locket, but only gave him a dip of her head.

The smell of auburn blood filling her mahogany muzzle made her feel well inside. Demetrie was a firecracker waiting to be sent, and once she was sent there was no stopping her. She wasn't a hooligan who went fooling around. When business was put onto the table, it meant business. It wasn't like she wanted that, but it was. She remembered not long ago a constellation of tears lay softly on her lashes, at least until Lynx found her. Her job required her keen senses and no mercy. Who knows she may have to burn something some one loved, she may have to burn it to ashes. She knew in the end everything collided. She knew this. She also knew she was a monster her childhood had spat back out. Too bitter for your taste, mom? The mare held back a cynical chuckle as she wished deeply for her mom to die. Things, horses, anything didn't know what she did in the dark, when she lurked.

Demetrie had become a mini-monster and she needed a spot to ignite. A place to show her true talents. A place to use her skill to help a herd rather than tear each one own. She knew what would happen soon, but she didn't let it cross her thoughts. Only squirms of the story fled through her mind, and they were jumbled inside her others. Demetrie, despite her frosting appearance, was dark. So dark she had no friends, no family, but only a job. It was her job that kept her from going completely insane. If that happened she knew a few horses that would have to fear for there lives.
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
</style>

Ophelia felt rather than saw Locket's presence stride up at her side, and she was more confident without facing this potential threat alone. Together, she and the panda son were beautiful and dangerous. The emerald gazed stallion looked different on the same side of the line. No longer did the long and curling hair seem a liability, but a unique and defining feature of beauty. The delicate, sculpted shape of his face put hers to shame, and Ophelia was not plain. Though her lineage held equine blood, both she and the stallion held dangerous points on their brows and their toes were of opposite colors. The pale mare could almost smile at their similarities, but her attention and emotions were spent on suspicion and irritation.

The irritation only rose when the young mare decided to answer with her own name. Ophelia snorted passionately, stomping a forehoof on the ground and shaking her pale and crimson tresses around her arching neck. "I did not ask who are you. I asked what do you want." Ophelia's voice was a quiet and delicate whispered punched with sharp enunciation. Honestly, did the mare even listen? Or was she too caught up in her own universe to pay attention to the world around her? The only child Ophelia would tolerate babysitting was Hototo, and that was because her nephew had a solid and lovely head upon his strong and muscular shoulders. This Demetrie showed up on the borders of her newly fought lands as an adult and Ophelia would treat her as such. No one had ever given the alabaster lead the opportunity for immaturity, so she expected the same of everyone else.

Perhaps that thought was cruel, but the image of dark shades chasing her and her six month old twin from Isilme was enough to make her want everyone to grow up quickly. Ultimately, being forced to age mentally would ensure the children's safety, as the world was an unkind and uncaring place. So harsh, perhaps, but it emerged from a place within her heart that still surged with the tides of compassion.

However, her compassion was still well locked beneath iron walls, only allowed to emerge in subtle ways. The Sun God had made sure of that; whether or not it was his intention was irrelevant. Ophelia was aching, tired, and out of this exhaustion spawned the desire to snatch the information from the child's mind herself. This way, no more communication needed to be had and perhaps the entire confusion of this random encounter could finally be settled.

What she found was not what she had anticipated, and it only tempted her to yank memories from other's heads even more. Ophelia operated on a code that she would never use her magic unless necessary, but now? The temptation of knowing potential threats was too great; what darkness lay in the minds of even her closest friends? Was this exhaustion speaking? Or was this a fatal flaw in her design? An inherent weakness in the very fabric of her making?

A small group had gathered in the Frostbreath Steppe, lead by a mare named Ignita who called herself the Assassin leader. A dark stallion by the name of Tonka, Demetrie, and one other had come together, bent on taking over the Edge.

"The plan behind us is to eventually take over one of the herd lands, The Edge, to be more specific. I need spy's over there and in the currant herd there so we know what we are up against."

Through the eyes and ears of Demetrie, Ophelia learned of a group of assassins who operated similarly to the Grey and intended on using their tactics for their own benefit. The cause, effect and emotion of this realization was reeling. What was the point of the Grey if the under-represented formed their own band of mercenaries and assassins? How was the Grey to operate with this threat looming against the free peoples of Helovia who would, hopefully, hire her band?

Anger swiftly followed, and her dual colored eyes flashed in raw anger, and the alabaster lead gnashed her teeth, crimson eye flashing dangerously. Ophelia approached slowly, neck arching threateningly. "Did you truly think that the Grey would never learn of this group of assassins and their threat to us?" she whispered, too sweetly. "Did you think that you would come and spy on us to return to your leader, Ignita? You are a fool." Ophelia set her body roughly, prepared to fight. "I will not allow you to leave, interloper. You can willingly become my prisoner, or I will take your freedom by force. The Edge will be informed of this potential threat to their sovereignty, and I will challenge each of you one by one until any credibility you may have once had disappears like a leaf on the wind."

Ophelia's gaze was absolutely burning, raw anger flowing through her veins like a drug. Was this her brush with the dark side? Was she flirting with the left-handed line of the fork in her road? "Your secret is no longer a secret. I will alert all the herds of your false band." Phi snorted sarcastically. "Come or fight. I am prepared for either." The snow princess then flashed her tail around her hocks and widened her stance, dipping her chin to her chest so that the point of her horn stood as a menacing reminder of her glorious physiology, naturally honed for war.

[Permission for magic use give by Vallie]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Unregistered
The mare knew everything, but memorized nothing. Demetrie was a horse of secrets and this offended the filly. Never would she give her freedom up. The things Demetrie had to go through... Ophelia just seemed to bomb her with things, but they were wrong. Demetrie will attend no more meetings with them. She will no longer call herself one of them. Never has the spitball been do furious. She twisted her ears flat against her neck. If Ophelia was still reading her mind she would get a mindful.

I spy no more for them, White Princess. I no longer want to do the dirty scuffling around that Ignita wants me to do. In my vanishing appearance in the band, my category has knowingly been changed. From spy to assassin. I do not, and will not tolerate such disrespect. And princess, I do understand you have powerful magic, but was it needed to use it now? I do not think a grown mare would be imposed by a near two year old.

A satisfied smirk washed her features. Not being accepted was a push for her. Demetrie half-heartily wished this mare was still listening. Although snooping was rude, Demetrie tolerate it for she had a lack of voice. The mare seemed to have gotten on Demetrie's unhappy side. Demetrie had never seen a rattler before, but she was still thinking 'snake'.

Had none of the horses known their boundaries here? All of them had pissed Demetrie off. All, but Lynx. She missed the deformed horned freak. He had comforted her when she needed. He had hummed when both were found with no words. How come no one else could mirror the actions for her? Demetrie was young and mature, but still liked to be cradled at times.

The ivory foal shock you head 'No' to Ophelia. Her freedom would not be taken, at least not without a fight. Demetrie had loved thrills and suspense. Fighting was her forte, but she had never fought a horned one. It'd be change for her to fight someone worthy enough to be called her opponent. Demetrie didn't nod to the challenge. She knew it was a threat that could be passed onto later.

OOC: I went ahead and skipped imi. It's been over 48 hours.. (I believe)
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
</style>

She is too young to fight. You would destroy her. Ophelia angrily stomped a cloven hoof as she glared hard at the yearling. Knowing that she was reading her mind, Ophelia caught glimpse of angered words, and the mare laughed once, harshly. The sound was so cold coming from Phi's throat that it almost caught her off guard. "You think the fact that your rank, child, changed from spy to assassin makes a difference?" she asked with wicked amusement. "The laws even deny me the opportunity to challenge you lest I destroy your body with age and strength. A rank means nothing without actions to back up the claim. Right now? You are nothing. You are a child playing a fool's game, and I assure you that this band of yours will come to an end."

Ophelia's dual colored eyes burned darkly. "You come here as an adult and you have made the choices an adult should make. I wish that I could try you as such on the field of battle, but taking the life of a child is almost as disgusting as this entire invasion of beating a herd without a leader." The pale mare flashed her crimson tail behind her, snorting heavily. "No. I would demean myself by challenging you for your freedom when it could be so easily taken. So run along back to mommy Ignita and her band of folly while it is still there to catch you."

The pale one stood her ground, muscles tense with fury. She would tell the other herds of this trespassing onto the Grey's territory. Ophelia would warn Mirage about the threat from the outcast group onto the sanctity of the Edge. She would travel to the Basin to encourage Psyche to not come after the misfits of the assassins. And then, she would alert Kri of the assassin's and their insult to the Grey. One way or another, the assassin's would be put down, even if Ophelia had to go through them all to discredit their ranks.

"Go, child. Linger, and I will not offer you your freedom twice."