the Rift

Downtrodden | Aviya

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

The night was late, and high in the sky, the moon sat upon her throne, her gentle rays casting a soft light across the land of Helovia. It caused the floor of the Basin to glitter and shine, for the snow was impenetrable by even the power of the sun. The land of the unicorns was forever stuck in winter, even during the harsh season of Tallsun.

But despite the ever present cold that came with living in the Basin, Mesec found himself out and about on this night, taking relief in the fact that he was alone at last. The recent encounter with Sno, whom was apparently a princess of this land, had left the colt struggling in a battle of thoughts. It was plain to see that he was not wanted here, not by anyone, save for the spotted filly called Frost and his family. But even the latter looked upon his wings with disgust in their eyes; they could not hide it from him.

With a heavy sigh, the colt's breath came out in a smoky furl, and he cast his eyes to the sky from where he stood. He wished that he could speak to someone, anyone, but there were none that he could go to. It wasn't as if he could stroll up to his father and demand to be treated like the rest, for they all seemed set in their ways, and they would more than likely just laugh. Every day, every encounter, pushed Mesec closer and closer to the edge, demanding that he leave the barren land of the Basin in pursuit of more likeable company. But then... what if he could find none?

"I wish I could talk to you," the black bay spoke up then, his pupiless gaze locked upon the glowing orb in the sky, "But I'm sure you've got better things to do than that."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

A V I Y A

"She's left us, she left us a long time ago." Aviya walked slowly, approaching from behind her brother carefully. Her voice was low, poisonous. Aviya was furious at the damned Moon Goddess, letting her family be thrown from their home. Snorting, Aviya stopped on Mesec's right side, eyeing his wings carefully as she did so. She remembered the day in the fields, when she had ripped some of his feathers out, and wondered if he had truly shown the amount of pain it had caused him. Aviya stood close to her brother, touching her shoulder to his, and spoke again. "And, most importantly, she left you."

Aviya loved her brother, she really did, but she had a problem accepting his wings. If he did not have the wings, then he would be perfect. Turning her head to face the black bay, Aviya turned her body to stand facing the opposite way as him, yet still parallel. She wondered if Mesec loved his mother, or only knew her for birthing him until she dropped him in the dirt at daddy d'Artagnan's hooves. As she thought, Aviya's tail flicked behind her, showing her annoyed demeanor. "She is not going to talk to you, brother."

Aviya's thoughts drifted towards Kou as the words left her mouth. She had not seen her own mother in quite some time. She had been absent at the meeting, and Aviya could only recall seeing her last at Nao's birth. On that thought, where was her young sister? Surely she had been with her mother...but last time Kou had "gone missing" the female returned to Aviya's side, pregnant. Swallowing hard, Aviya hoped that Kou and d'Artagnan were not procreating with Nao around...surely, no. d'Artagnan had more honor than that, and held his daughters in high esteem--he would never do something like that in the midst of their eyes. Blinking, Aviya shook the image from her brain and curled her neck around the look at her brother once more.

Narcissistic drama

queen craving fame and

all its decadence

Poisonous words spoken from his dear sister pulled Mesec away from his thoughts. He'd not even heard her approaching, despite the crunching that often accompanied one's footfalls here in the Basin. When he turned his head, he wasn't surprised in the least to catch the glaring expression on Aviya's face, of course, directed at his wings. Subconsciously he pulled them closer to his body, as if trying to meld them into his skin and make them disappear. It was useless, however, and so he listened quietly to his kin as she spoke.

Her words were directed at his mother, however, and it took no time at all for annoyance to show clearly on Mesec's face. Although the Goddess had, indeed, dropped him at d'Artagnan's feet all those months ago, he still felt a strong connection towards her. When he'd accompanied his father to the Veins and saw her again, the bond was only strengthened, no matter how short a visit it had been. She might not have confirmed her love towards her son, but she'd said she missed him, just as he did her. It had to be true; in his eyes, she couldn't lie to him.

"She didn't leave me," the colt dared to speak up, dark ears tipping back as he watched Aviya turn the other way, yet remain beside him. "I have seen her since then; she gave father magic, and I spoke with her then." He paused for a moment then, as if allowing the words to sink in to Aviya's mind. Should she whirl around and stick her nose right in his face, he wouldn't be surprised, but he didn't want it to happen. He loved Aviya dearly, even if she didn't completely like him for what he truly was.

"Besides... She's got other things to do, and I don't mind waiting." He continued again, turning his body to face the older filly, "Why, Aviya, do you speak of her with such loathing? I guess I do not understand. Please, tell me."

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

A V I Y A

"Before we were born, the unicorns ruled the World's Edge. Our family was blessed by her, for they were her favored herd. She lied to our leaders, she lied to everyone, and let a dragon-morphing, ugly creature to take the Edge." Aviya's voice was low and dangerous, and she cast her eyes away from her brother. She remembered Momma Kou's words, the sound in her voice when she was relaying the information to her newborn daughter. Aviya hated the Moon Goddess, simply, for making her family hurt. And then, Daddy d'Art sired Mesec, and Aviya had simply harbored ill-feelings for the omnipotent mare ever since. Lifting her gaze again, Aviya's tail flicked rapidly. How could Mesec love such a creature as her? She was worth nothing--she ruled with so much power, and only twisted mortal's lives for her own benefit.

Aviya, obviously, saw no fault in herself doing this--but God's were different, right?

Stepping closer to Mesec, Aviya locked eyes with the colt. Her icy gaze was venomous, daring Mesec to challenge her words. Aviya was furious at her brother for the feelings inside of him. "She does not love you, Mesec, for if she loved you she would have let you learn by her side. No, instead, you are down on Helovia--with mortals. She sees you as no better than us. I do not doubt that she would lie to you, too, Mes." Aviya moved close to her brother, tipping her muzzle towards his ear to whisper her last, cruel statement. "And worse of all, she gave you wings."

The young assassin had no control over her words at this point. Her body was on the verge of shaking with anger, her muscles holding tight to prevent it. Before now, she had never really realized how much she loathed the far-away Goddess. Aviya, down under all of her rage, was secretly grateful that she had not been the Goddess' offspring. It was so close, too. Mesec and Aviya were close in age--could d'Artagnan and the Moon possibly produced Aviya, with wings, and Kou and d'Artagnan Mesec, without wings? Well, anything was possible.

Narcissistic drama

queen craving fame and

all its decadence

Mesec stood quiet and still in his place, listening intently as Aviya went on to explain what their herd had once been. They had hailed from somewhere else; the World's Edge, a herdland he could recall hearing of once or twice before. He'd hardly paid it mind, however, for he was oblivious to the history between it and the band of unicorns. The colt's expression might have softened if it were not for the ill mention of his mother.

His muscles seemed to grow more and more tense with every word that his sister spoke. Each syllable was cruel and loathsome as she went on, and her posture bore no hints that she was about to calm any time soon. In a moment, the yearling was turning back towards him, locking an icy gaze upon him. Already his ears were tipped back, ready to defend the violet Goddess for all that he was worth.

Teeth clenched together behind his dark lips, and he gave a rough shake of his head. It was as if Aviya was speaking for the Goddess herself, and it disgusted him. Who was she to say what his mother would and wouldn't do? Who was she to tell him why he was down here amongst mortals, rather than up above, ruling along at her side? Just before he could say anything, however, his sister dared to speak of one last thing.

And that was what finally broke the colt.

With sudden animosity fueling him, Mesec lunged forward and snapped for Aviya's muzzle, hoping to land a bite on the soft skin between her nostrils. Something deep within him hoped that it would stop there, that the colt would take a deep breath and return to his normal, more quiet self, but not today. His wings unfurled from his sides and stretched out, dipping down to lift him into the air. It was not often that Mesec put his feathery appendages to use, so he was less than graceful, but they still worked.

In another swift movement, the colt moved forward, hopeful that his elder sister would be too stunned from his attempted attack to react quick enough. Now above her, the black bay kicked a single leg back, aimed for the precariously thin, frail glass horn melded into Aviya's forehead. He had high hopes of snapping it in half, rendering her precious horn useless, if it had even served a purpose to begin with.

"How dare you, Aviya," the colt hissed, dark ears lacing against his skull as he worked his wings harder to stay a comfortable distance above Aviya, glaring down at her with a cruel, pupiless gaze. "Perhaps mother was right in her decision to leave you and the rest behind. You deserve it." For once, there was no room left for argument in the colt's voice, simply anger and resentment directed at the yearling below him.

"Tell father I am sorry," he added in, "But I must take my leave from the Basin tonight."