the Rift

[THROAT] The Fumes I Inhale... [open]

Helio Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The Knight lost track of time long ago, its endless weave of minutes and seconds naught but an eternal tick. He did not allow his adventures to be dictated by such a clock but rather ran through the webs of nature on his own accord, at his own pace and own desire. It all seemed so meaningless, so boring. Within he knew himself to be meant for more but he still could not remove the shroud blanketed over his destiny. For a moment he brought his features to brace the beams of light from the heavens above, permitting the waves of heat to spin about the curves and contours of his creme-painted face. His solemn thoughts would continue throughout the length of the motion but they were stripped away from his worries as his muzzle came to wind back downwards. Buds of varied sizes and hues continued to flutter about his hooves with each footfall, his progression swift and unhindered across the fields. His destination had yet to be set but still he continued without falter. Perhaps he would commit to a stroll across the shores once evening set and spend a night beneath the endless stars. As he came to meet the midpoint of the meadow he slowed, his pace decreasing to a near halt. Something in the breeze changed and foolishly he thought to travel without his senses alert. In that moment his ears perked forth, now open to the symphony of the world and all of its chatter.

For a touch of realism the male understood his life, moving the locks that rolled over his poll and rushed around his eyes, he kept his eyes up, but lowered his sun-kissed cranium. More fragrant grass grew beneath his hooves and allowed his nostrils to catch scent of the juice that lay within. The forest floor had only slight grass growing, and it grew only timidly in the spots of sun. Raising his head once more as he walked parallel to the trees. Opening his wings, hi lifted them high and dropped them low. His wings span had been large and he had taken flight in a wider area in the path and flew out of the tops of the trees above. The softest of a smile coming across his lips, as he allowed his milky iris's to ravish the scenery. He closed his eyes softly for a moment. Serenity, peace serenity.

It was calm here, and all he heard was wind whistling past his ears. They had been slanted backwards, and with every moment, he realized slightly more he couldn’t here under him with the wind, but what could reach him up here? Not much. He could smell subtly scents of horse on the ground, but when he took flight they had been left there. Had that meant horses lived here?

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No time for lies and empty fights

Veci felt nothing as he casually drifted through another tree, humming a tune that only he could hear and passing over ignorant creatures that might feel his cold, mischievous presence but that was all. The Boggart lived his life invisible to all apart from his blazon haired bonded who was always aware of the spirit's little presence and felt the emotions of the unseen child who was very much alive. Veci delved deeper and deeper into the wood before coming across a pale being with large golden tipped wings and hooves. The little boggart was immediately drawn to the stud's gilded feet that dangled in the air as he flew, cooing to himself and floating alongside the stud who may feel the ghost's presence if he had his wits about him.

It took some time, but Veci finally managed to drag himself away from the pale stallion and float back to his bonded who was hovering on the outskirts of the Threshold. Hector nodded once as he felt the return of Veci, intrigued as to what he had found, grunting in amusement at all the excitement his friend was projecting. Large, brown wings powered in a downward flap that spurred him forwards before he brought them up once again to move at ease through the blue sky, his flight always looked quite graceful for one so tall and bulky. Large, rhino like horns adorned his head that often caught the suns rays causing him to squint orange coloured eyes as fiery mane flew back like a banner, leonine tail bobbing up and down. He followed his bonded Veci as he led the way in a short flight to a pale stallion whom Hector had never seen before. The scent was also unknown and so the Soldier figured this stud was new to the land and he moved to hover next to the fellow.

"Hello, welcome to Helovia. I'm Hector of the Dragons Throat herd, is there something I could help you with?" He said. Each word was as kind as the one before it, his voice genuine and gentle in his eloquent introduction. Part of his mind was concentrating on Veci, making sure the mischievous child didn't scare away the stranger by playing with his fears. For now the boggart seemed to be behaving, more interested in the pale stallion's golden hooves.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered

HELIOS
Only need a spark to ignite.

Puffs of air blew loose from the massive lungs of the creme-painted knight, his hooves reflected the light. A patter of instinct flicked through his bode as his white orbs flicked around. Gently his nares tugged at the air around him, intent to discern the location of a visitor he couldn't help, but feel as though this visitor was watching him. While he did not often find others inhabiting serene areas, with luck it seemed today he would indeed encounter another. Cream orbs fluttered for but a moment, allowing a second to unwind the kinks and creases of his form and at last, properly relax. It simply would not be proper to intrude such a peaceful vicinity in such a fuss.

His orbs already set to hunt for the figure of another. Even after moments of his search however he could not uncover the stranger and so he decided he would simply allow them to come forth to greet him, should they fancy such a prospect. Helio's fancy wings froze motionless out stretched. A large wing span that seemed very much larger than a regular pegasus'. He soared quicker. Cutting through the wind. A voice spoke to him clear as day. Startled, Helio's high elevation dropped a few feet as a stranger came to hover next to his frame.

The soft breezes the blew past him on either side mellowed his shocked bode. No sign of shock, yet the stallion felt as if more were watching him then the stallion that flew next to him.

This was a n unusual one. Wings, which made him special already, but also two horns added on? A hybrid of the sorts. Hector had spoken his name and Helio thought it would be polite to be kind to the stud back.

"Thank you Hector. I had stumbled upon this land, and do not know if I am need for assistance today." Each world held a fiery passion. He could feel a creature still lurking, watching them. With no clue as to where this creature was, he tilted his hooves letting the sun reflect off of them. He had created a make shift flashlight, though not needed, he would see some movement, for usually horses or animals move or look away when they look into direct light. The stallion tilted until the sun's rays reflected where the pale horse thought the beast would be watching them. Helio was inexperienced with ghosts as he has never seen one. Boy, was Hector in for a treat. With no clue as to how the stallion would react, everyone could expect the worst.

Thinking : : Speaking : : Doing
:: OOC ::
: WC - 434 :
: Tag - Hector :
: Comments - This is so exciting! ::

Hector was pleased to see that the stranger before him appeared to be friendly if a little flamboyant in a passionate way. It rubbed off quickly on Hector who widened his welcoming smile into one that mirrored the newcomer's fiery words. He wondered where the palomino stud had come from, had he flown a long way and was he looking for somewhere to stay? All questions that could be answered in due time, meanwhile Veci seemed to be moving in excited dashes that danced in and out of the light that shined of the stud's gilded hooves. Hector resisted a smile, so easily was his bonded entertained, though he couldn't really complain. At least he wasn't trying to scare the wits out of the unknowing stallion. All the boggart's concentration appeared to be on chasing the beams of gold and the bulky Throat Soldier returned to address the pale stranger. "I'm not sure how far you have travelled, but is there something you seek? A place to call home maybe? Helovia is vast and many live here, I think you would find it quite an adventure if you stayed."

The Soldier looked admirably at the stallion's wings then, so large they were in size and he was built like a good warrior. He wondered if this stud was indeed of a fighting nature, the way he spoke and the way he moved made Hector wonder. Though he never presumed and kept his thoughts to himself for now, not wanting to involuntarily insult the unnamed palomino stallion before him. Instead, he kept his expression neutral and hoped the stranger intended to remain in Helovia, he seemed like a likeable fellow that Hector could get along with quite well.

After giving the stallion a few minutes to reply, Hector enquired after his name, feeling a little odd not knowing how to address him. "What do they call a fine soul like you?" He said. Noting the strange tribal marking on his wing for the first time with a curious glance, wondering if he had some affinity to the Sun God or whether it was just a coincidence. Veci continued playing with the poor stud's hooves, seeing how close he could get before the light flashed brightly at him and he would quickly float away only to try it again. Determined was the little spectre.

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered

HELIOS

Helios had been intrigued in Hector's appearance. He moved fluidly and with an ease. Perhaps this hybrid would be like him and teach him to fight how they do it here. Helio's life was pretty complete, but the mention of home did send bubbles of excitement through his crème body. Hector had seemed kind from the beginning, but Helio could confirm it when invited into this place. The hybrid had said it would be an adventure and the winged stag could not resist an adventure. He had always taken the adventurous path so this would be good for the stag.

When the mention of his title, Helio's lips curled into a subtle smile. He could see Hector looking his body over and noting the tribal mark on his wing. He had been a flashy animal. He always had been, but with an unknown reason why, he couldn't explain his appearance. All the stag could do was look at Hector with milky white eyes. Ebonite pupils seemed big and loving, yet he had never truly loved. Thinking it was best for him to answer the two horned beast, he did so. Very casually his chords spoke his name. "Helio. It means sun, and seems to be tied to my appearance." With an answer to Hector's previous question brewing in the palomino's mind, he slipped out an answer. "It'd be a fine honor to stay here. Do you reside in a herd?" Helio could smell the subtle smell of baked sand wafting off of him and into the wind behind them as they continued to surge onwards. Helio knew none of the places here, and for that he couldn't tell where the stallion had come from. Maybe a desert? Never being in a desert he couldn't put a hoof on it, but it matched the description horses had given to him of the deserts. They said it was hot and all sand. Helio liked the idea of this. Sand could be irritating at times, but flying took care of that issue. The sun brought immense joy to the stud. Every second under it was hot, but it always revived him and supplied him with a freshened vigor. Open desert skies allowed the horses to float swiftly through the air not worrying about flying into tree tops.

Not letting himself get ahead of anything, he slowed his thoughts. Twisting his hoof he let the sun continue reflecting off of it. Seeing nothing, but feeling watched, Helio froze and stopped moving. Well, physics let him continue flying, but it had been updrafts that kept him going. He glanced back to Hector. Unsure if the stag had seen anything. Helio said nothing and let the soft smile fade ever so slowly away to his regular expression. Flicking his ears forward, he intently listened. The wind swirling into his outer ear then swiftly exiting out from the side. Wondering what was out there, he kept his eyes peeled. Keeping a sort of eye contact with Hector.

: WC - 481 :
: Tag - Hector :
: Comments - None ::

Hector took in the stud's name, Helio, nodding once as he began to understand a little for why he had a sun marking. Helio was very much like a burning fire with his bright pelt and gold tipped wings, he'd be a sight to see for most and surely he would be an attraction for mares all round. The stallion would also fit finely into the Throat herd with his kind disposition, it normally bred loyalty and most found themselves more than happy to be part of the Throat herd. As he gathered his thoughts he wondered if this Helio would follow him back there, continue this friendship that seemed to be blossoming between them. "I can see why you were given the name, Helio" he said kindly. Then the Soldier turned to look out across the tree tops and towards the horizon where somewhere lay the Dragons Throat.

"I do and a mighty one at that. I'm a Soldier from the South, a herd called the Dragons Throat that is a land mainly made up of desert. It's surrounded by the clear blue ocean and harbours a beautiful oasis, a land fit to host only the most magnificent amongst horses. I'm sure you'd fit in well Helio, if you care to accompany me and become apart of it?" Hector was rather proud of his speech. There was no other place in Helovia that compared to his home and he wanted to make sure he painted the perfect picture for it. Wind took hold and whipped his orange hair around his welcoming face as he awaited the stallion's decision.

Helio seemed to be surprised at something then and Hector puzzled over it for a moment before spotting the mischievous boggart chasing the reflected light. The Soldier sighed and shook his head apologetically, Veci may be invisible but he had a presence that was hard to miss. "You may think me mad but you'll have to forgive my invisible friend. His name is Veci and he's a boggart, currently he seems to be fascinated by your hooves." Hector hoped Helio knew of such creatures and didn't think him a complete idiot. It was hard at times, having a companion who was invisible to the eye, handy in battle however.

Unregistered

HELIOS

The hybrid nodded at Helio. He had taken a moment to let Helio's name sink in. Helio had done the same when learning Hector's name. This stallion had been intricate from the first glance. He was tall, and had quite the coloring. A chestnut colored mane and tassel seem to be free as fire. I can see why you were given the name, Helio. Yes, Helio understood that he was sun-themed, but not understanding why he was so, he just brushed it away. Hector spoke again, and Helio listened intently. A soft smile shaping his lips. A soldier, eh? He seemed like one. He had large powerful wings, two horn, and piercing orbs. It matched him, like the sun matched Helio. He had spoke the name of his herd, Dragon's Throat. It seemed awfully vulgar, but fire excited the stallion inside. So it was a desert. Helio knew the smell of baked sand anywhere.

What came next surprised the stallion some. Being invited into a new home was something foreign for the stud. He had a feeling that Hector would be casted as an important role in the crème's life. These skies were alien to him. Every second they were in the air, new skies welcomed him. It was mildly hot, and this was the right temperature for his likings. In this joyous mood, he had come up with an answer immediately. "I would love to join you in Dragon's Throat. Although you should here, I am quite foreign to water." That seemed like a satisfying answer to him. He truly would love to join Hector, and he would want to aid this friendship until it blossoms into a large tree. It didn't seem like a bad place at all. Who lead this realm? Questions could be asked later.

Hector explained to him what was watching them. Boggart? It was either two things. One, a ghost type thing that transforms into your biggest nightmare and is able to do some wicked things, or, no that was actually all that came to Helio's head. The word sounded familiar. He couldn't remember the second meaning, and decided to go with the first. "Oh… Quite interesting. How did you get such a friend?"

Helovia had no beginning and no end, no boundary between earth and sky. Like the wind in the grass, they belonged here. The sun and the sky reaching for him, and the wind calling his name, in this time when wild horses ran free. A wiser horse might have turned and run at Veci, but he had wanted to know what strange creatures were here. Whether dangerous or safe, Helio knew a lot of experience would be gained in the oncoming weeks.

: WC - 452 :
: Tag - Hector & Veci :
: Comments - I may try first person next time. ::

Hector chuckled at the blazing stag's comment and it made him wonder where he had come from to be foreign to the sea. Such beauty shouldn't go unmarvelled, maybe this Helio would come to like the blue hues of the water in time. "I won't ask you to go swimming then" he chuckled. Time drew onwards and the young Soldier was about to ask Helio to join him back to the Throat herd but the stud seemed to take a keener interest in his invisible friend, Veci, who stared back at him before pulling faces. Hector shook his head at the Boggart, but considered Helio's question to him. How indeed. Would his new friend be satisfied if he just said fate? He had found the lost egg in abandoned in the deserts of the Throat with no one to care for it and so Hector had woven his leonine tail around it and fathered it until Veci hatched.

"I found him as an egg, left in the desert with no one around to care for it. So I took it with me wherever I went and eventually it hatched. It took some time for me to figure out exactly what had hatched from it, but Veci soon made sure I knew he was there." He laughed at the last part, as if remembering a fond memory. The Boggart squirmed in joy under all the attention, darting about here and there enjoying every moment. Maybe one day this stallion would earn a friend of his own, Hector knew that not all wanted or needed a friend, but Veci had come at the right time for him. When Hector was at his most loneliest the mischievous ghost had appeared into his life and filled it with a new kind of joy, with bonds of love and friendship.

Hector sighed contently then and began angling himself in the direction of the Dragons Throat, ready to go back home with a new recruit. "Follow me Helio, I will show you the way to our herd land" he smiled and flapped his wings powerfully, gathering momentum and spurring him onwards. Leonine tail whipping behind him as finally he set sail for a place forever close to his heart.

[ooc; sorry for the small delay, I will make a post for you in the Dragons Throat.]