the Rift

adorned in jewels comes my Empress

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
For Psyche

I can hear your cries of p a i n

The fae walks slowly, legs still abnormally long. Tossing regal head, bay fae trots over white snow and through harsh cold. Frigid wind lashes bay roan body, slapping moist snow in all directions. Such harsh weather for Tallsun. Fae's thoughts echo through small skull, emerald orbs narrowed to keep snow from colliding with precious cornea.

Violent winds die down, and fae continues on her way. Cutting through the Aurora Basin the moon boy Mesec crosses the fae's mind. How she felt towards him... the fae did not understand the feeling at the time. Was it hate? Jealousy? Depression? Or am I just ill? The fae's thoughts ring through her white skull yet again, and the fae shakes her elegant cranium. She continues her walk through the Aurora basin, undisturbed.

When the Sun steps down from it's throne and allows the Moon to take its place, the Empress steps into the filly's thoughts. The fae admires her Empress, Psyche. She wanted to be just like her, to follow in her exact steps. Would that ever happen? Could it ever happen? The fae flicks her ears to the back of her skull, wishing her thoughts would just go away. Letting out a harsh whinny, the fae bursts into a gallop. With limbs fully extended, she hurls herself over a rock.

After all four hooves are back on the ground, the fae halts and glances around. Emerald gems scan the snow covered land, looking for any sign of movement. When there's nothing the fae continues walking, her head held high and her chest puffed out. The fae was proud to wear the crystal horn atop her head.

Why would she not be proud?

Being a unicorn meant being in control. If you were not a unicorn you were scum. At least, that's what the fae thought. Racism had already planted it's roots within her mind, causing her to think that the hornless were nothing but useless creatures. And that's what placed the fae in the Basin, that's what caused her to slide right in and fit in with the crowd. The fae halts, snorting and watching the cold air escape her dark nostrils.

Image credit: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/blue-sn...-271259410

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

If you were to ask when her racism began, she would be unable to tell you. Of course, she would be able to tell you of her influences: her father, Riekahn the Crimson King. Her half sister, Giselle, wholly dedicated to their father's cause. They had sought the eradication of the inferiors, sought the supremacy of the unicorn race. She would even be able to tell you what Riekahn had done wrong, in that land far away and long ago. She had gone mad with power, burned their entire world to the ground. The shadow-mare had watched as her own mother burned before her very eyes. Sometimes in the night, she could still hear the shrieks of agony, still smell the searing flesh -

But she would not make the same mistakes that her father had. Already she counted herself a better leader than he had been, for where he had ruled with fear, she commanded respect. At least, she liked to think so. And being as talented as she was at manipulating others, why wouldn't she have gained their respect? She could appeal to almost anyone, as it were, could wrap them around her figurative little finger and have them dance at her command. She particularly enjoyed her influence over the young; they were drawn to her power, though they did not yet know why, and she could use it to bend them to her will. It took more finesse to do it that way, but the end result was so worth it.

Pistons dug into the hard ground as she trotted through her land, keen amber gaze scanning the terrain. When was the last time that she had traveled the area simply looking at its beauty? Had she done that? Or had she always viewed things in terms of conquest, in terms of how useful they might or might not be? Shaking her head with a wry smile, she supposed it was the latter. After all, was that not how she was raised? A movement caught her eye; she honed in on the speckled rump of the young Frost Fyre. Something in her smile turned almost predatory, for a moment, and then it softened into something almost motherly. It was all a facade, of course, for all that she really did care for the flicka. Frost had been the easiest to mold of all.

"Darling," she called, a bit too sweetly, "How have you been?"

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

I can hear your cries of p a i n

At once the fae was no longer alone. The dark figure that made it's way towards her didn't surprise her, in fact, it made her happy. "My Empress." Bowing her head in greeting, the fae focuses on the hooves of the familiar dark mare as she walks towards her. The smile the mare gave the fae made her think she was prey of some sort, but the predator-like smile was washed away by a more motherly look. The fae had kind of accepted the Empress as a mother. Speaking of mothers, where had the fae's biological mother gone? Glancing around quickly the fae turned back to her Empress and smiled. Her smile mirrored the predator-like smile the coal black mare had given her.

"Darling, howhaveyou been?"

The words are sweet, and seemingly unnatural for the Empress. Usually her words were filled with poison. Nodding her head, the fae opens her maw to speak. "I've been quite alright. How have you been my dear Empress?" The voice of the fae seems to turn into something cruel yet sweet. Bittersweet was a good way to describe those words that were directed at her Empress. Flicking audits forward, the fae glances at the feathers in the dark mares' mane. The fae was curious where she had gotten the teeth and feathers, but she already knew. Equines and pegasi. Flicking her tail, the small fae's emerald eyes drift to the piercing eyes of her Empress. How demonic she was, the Empress of the Basin was a monster.

A monster that the fae admired. Ever since she met Psyche the fae had been interested in learning from the Empress, learning her ways and earning her trust. Trusted... by the Empress? How amazing that would be. Drawing her thoughts out of the clouds, the fae focuses her audits on her Empress and awaits a response of some sort.

Image Credit