the Rift

[OPEN] bloody s e c r e t s || Death, Open

Therror Posts: 4
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 hh :: 9 y.o. (Ages in Orangemoon)
Ina
The Plague. There were probably souls all over Helovia that would looove to hear about the Plague. How many unicorns would back away from the Basin? How many would look at the Basin-unicorns with disgust in their eyes?
Oh, it would be fun to tell everyone. Those stupid horses and their meeting... They hadn't seen me though, which was even more stupid. If it really had been a secret club-meeting, they would've checked for un-welcomed unis.
I could always join someone else. Or be alone. Rather alone. I looked around, observing the Steppe. I had walked through here with Elizabeth - that dark annoying rude mare - on my way to the herd. It was kinda cold, but since it was Tallsun - who cared? It was hot enough for you not to freeze your coat off.
I wasn't exactly invisible out here. My purple tail and striped mane were probably screaming out to whole Helovia that I was here, and my markings didn't help very much. But who would've followed me anyways?

A sigh left my dual colored lips and I smiled slightly. Who would I tell first? The equines? The pegasi? The non-racist unicorns?
It was a tough decision, but from what I've heard within the Basin-territory the equines were the closest. By the Threshold, right?
I snort and started to walk again. From above was the moon, letting it's light cover my path. It was a peaceful night, no birds singing and no wildlife running around.
Perfectly still.

Word count: 251
OOC: :P

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

DEATH YOU WILL MEET SOON
WHEN UPON THE SKY IS THE MOON
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
This coincides with him being out on the Steppe going for Angora, so.. figured he could join in on the fun! xD

THE PLAGUE
Mauja
Cool snow crunched underhoof, and the moon cast the world in silver light.

A shadow, a snow-wraith, moved with silent ease across the Steppe's frosty cover, his outline shimmering faintly. Ethereal, but mortal; white smoke rose from his dark muzzle with each breath, but otherwise, the alabaster creature gave away few signs of life. Frosted hooves met cold ground as he jogged along across the face of earth, nothing but a stray grain of sand in life's timeglass, a breeze upon their lifetime lasting a ripple that would, eventually, fade out. The world of today might know of Mauja, but would the world tomorrow remember him? Perhaps, perhaps not. It depended on how deep his hoof print would sink into the face of history, and on how deeply the blood ink sank into the pages.

He thought he was alone, but he was not. Moonlight glinted upon the shape of another, her body a cool gray in the darkness, though her mane and tail were considerably darker. The closer he came, the more he saw; the shift of color upon her slender legs, the dip of her nose, the rise of a straight horn upon her brow. For a moment, Mauja was torn between the need to fetch Angora, and the opportunity of recruiting; finally, he decided that she was in his path, and curiosity won out over duty. A deep nicker left him, a greeting, a warning, and slightly his path altered, his elegant stride carrying him across the snow.

"Greetings," he called when closer, his heart a drum in his chest, a countdown to chaos, mayhem; he was on a mission, but one without a definite timer.. a little detour, if he made it brief, was surely no danger, no issue? And so, the wraith drew to a halt, his enigmatic eyes glittering like the moonlight upon frost.
BANE
Image Credit
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

My black hooves would feel blood on this night. That I knew for certain. I could see her, orange and purple body swaying in the thick moonlight above. I glare at her, knowing that she was out here the whole time. She had to be, there would be no other explanation. I slip away from the others as they scurry out into the night, black hearts scattered after all the talking. I’m tired, but I’m not tired enough to just simply let the fool of gold go. I quicken my pace, and I follow her quiet I ways. However, I see I’m not the only one in the frozen darkness.

The spotted one is among the snow, his frosted horn sparkling in the moonlight. I don’t pay any mind to him now, as I continue on the trail. He catches up to her first, and I hear his cold word. I snatch this moment, making sure he knows I am going to kill her.

“Mauja. Good to see I’m not the only one weeding out the garden. It’s been such a long time since I’ve seen any action.” The poison drips from my lips, a soft lullaby to the orange and purple mare. She looks at me with cold eyes, but I know I have her. She shakes a little, knowing what I intend to do. “You. I shouldn’t have led you here, and that was wrong. Shame on me, I suppose. I shall learn from my mistakes next time. But tell my, why are you leaving so soon? We have must to discuss. You aren’t telling anyone about what you heard my dear. You will never tell anyone about this. In fact, I’ll make sure you never speak, or breathe, again.”

I charge at her, tackling her to the ground. She falls, and I smile, my blackened heart filling with glee. “Will you join me, my Bane?” I await for the Frostheart to join me.

OCC: Powerplay permitted by Ina

"blah blah blah."

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

I was starving. How long had it been since I had a descent sized piece of meat? Or, a descent tasting piece of meat. Sure, I had rabbits, and two cats that I had shared with Ayaka but only one deer had passed though Helovia that I had seen and I had taken it down with ease but it was a while back. I needed something different, something fresh and different. How long had it been since the likes of a great beast had entered my jaws, a horse?

With the wolf inside taking over me I go hunting for an innocent little foal to cross my path that I could snap up in my jaws and drag the helpless foal down. I was almost dribbling at the thought of my meal to be whilst I prowled though the cold wasteland. The moon was high in the sky and if I was on a hill I would be a typical wolf and let a howl echo though the land under the light of the moon. I laughed at the thought. I had been known to do it before and I knew that others on the land stretching out below would had lifted there heads and pricked their ears in the direction of the noise. With a deep sigh I follow a scent I had caught and fixed my noise to the ground like a shutting dog, it was a distant smell but it was going to be a meal. I sped up into a trotting sort of pace. I wanted me meal now.

In the distance, after a lot of jogging, I could see the scene taking place in the distance. A spotted stallion who I recognized from the Plauge meeting and a highly decorated mare and then I spot the dark Elizabeth, throwing some harsh words at the purple one. I slowly watch the scene taking place...The mare had talked of exposing the plague and although I was only considered a 'ally' to them if there was a hunt for blood taking place I would be sure to be stuck in there, especially as I was starving right now. I watch the attack played out by Elizabeth and as soon as the mare was tackled to the ground I spring forward and land on her back, my teeth sinking into her and glee washing over me as the taste of blood fills my mouth.

This is the meal I had been waiting for.

[Permission to powerplay from ina]

"blah blah blah."

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
The mare was walking outside of her home, scanning the borders. It was so unfamiliar now that she had gotten used to the other lands. The mare tucked her head in, chin to jugular. Galloping swiftly, she headed around the border. Her thoughts lingered, and her mind drifted to her daughter. The mare had once thought her child was a demon because she was racist like her bastard of a father. But... now, the mare herself was a racist little unicorn. Speaking of her daughter... she needed to find her and talk with her. How long had it been since she first gave birth to her? Six months? Seven months? About a season or so ago, that was all she was sure of. Drawing herself out of her thoughts, the mare kept going, icy gaze dragging across the barren landscape.

Figures were gathering in the distance. At first glance, the mare suspected equines or those stinking feather brains. Charging forward, she found herself heading towards them, dark nostrils flared. As she neared, she relaxed slightly. But then in a flash she watched as they attacked a gray and yellow mare. Gasping, the mare watched as the same silver and black mare had attacked her attacked the gray mare. But the mare wasn't compelled to help at all. Instead she stood there, watching with pleasure but deep inside of her, she was horrified. Glancing to the side, she saw Mauja standing there. Was he going to allow this? Relaxing her features, the mare watched. She stood there, still as a statue. Her blue roan body was placed beside Mauja's, her icy eyes only once gazing towards him. Was this mutiny? Cannibalism? A white blur flashed by her, and a wolf bit down into the mare. Inside her mind, the mare was crumbling. What... in the world was going on?! The wolf seemed please to bite down into the mare, and only once did the blue roan wince. How was Mauja fine with this?!

"Mauja... what are they doing to her?" Staring at him uneasily, the mare worried deep down in her now blackened soul. The mare makes sure the words are directed at Mauja, and quiet enough so only he can hear them. Except for that wolf... that thing probably had super hearing. Glancing at the wolf before returning her gaze to her speckled king, the mare felt uneasy. Should she do something? No, she would let them torture the mare. It would be shameful to interrupt them. Even if she didn't know why they were attacking the mare.

It was... she had to admit... a little entertaining.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

Crowley paid no mind to the black speckled mare as he arrived to the scene. He remembered her from their encounter some weeks back when she had tried so hard to protect his dearest prisoner, Lana, that disgusting Pegasus that had been foolish enough to follow him to the Basin. He wasn't complaining about her actions, however, for he had been more than happy to partake in her beating alongside his Empress. Just like all the other unfortunate hornless of the world, she'd been stupid enough to listen and not see past his lies.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Crowley took in the forms of the rest that had gathered. The fleeing form of the strangely colored mare, Therror if he remembered correctly, was what had drawn him over the lip of the Basin in the first place. His first impressions of the mare had left much to be desired, and the moment he'd seen her hurrying away, something foul settled over him, marring his face and pulling his dark ears back against his skull. Even in the moonlight, the bitch was impossible to miss, even more so considering how silent it was on this particular night. No birds sang, and in the distance, the wolves were silent; the perfect setup for what was about to play out.

The rest were all familiar faces to the brindled Weaver. He knew little more of Mauja than his name and the fact that he was named Bane of the Plague, the highest rank under Psyche from what he knew. Elizabeth, his once Corporal was also there, stationed not far from him. As of late, she'd become a familiar sight in the snowy mountains, such a strange realization after she'd been gone for so long in the Dragon's Throat. Lastly, there was Lupus, one of his most favored recruits. Although not a unicorn, he was loyal to the Plague, and his intentions were good for the organization. Unlike any other time, there was no nod of acknowledgment given to any of them, simply a quick glance to each before his gaze settled upon Therror.

"Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?" He asked, a rhetorical question, but it seemed that it did not matter a second later. Elizabeth had charged forward and knocked the mare clean off her feet, followed swiftly by Lupus, who sank his teeth into with ease, using the opportunity of her position to his advantage. There was a gleam in Crowley's golden eyes as he looked on, wanting so badly to join in the fray, yet for what reason was this staged in the first place? He did not know of Therror's intentions to tell the world of the Plague, nor the fact that she even knew of the group. For all he knew, she had been going on a wintry, midnight stroll, and the others were upset that they hadn't been invited to come along.

With a quick look to Mauja, the Weaver seemed to be searching for an answer. Did the spotted Bane know the reasoning for this madness? Crowley was ready to jump in at a moment's notice, as was made obvious by the shifting of cloven hooves beneath him.

I've been to the backside of Hell
And I've played with your fears
And enjoyed them well

Ascended Helovian

As a note to any who might read this thread, Ina has given us permission to powerplay Therror as she does not wish to post with her again. :]

THE PLAGUE
Mauja
The night would hold far more than he expected — the fates would play so that Angora's blood would not be shed upon the isthmus later in the light of the moon, but the blood of someone else would take her place. As Mauja had lingered with Psyche after the meeting he had not been aware that the gray-and-yellow mare had listened to every word that had been said, nor that she had hurried away to tell the world. Therror seemed to regard him with a calculating stare, perhaps wondering whether his voice was that of one who had spoken within the dim ice cave, but the flurry of hooves behind him brought short any reply she might give to his greeting. Elizabeth, the, in Mauja's eyes, foolish Corporal was charging up, and started talking about weeding out the garden. With a cold face Mauja turned to peer at her, raising an icy 'brow in question. What was she talking about? By then, Crowley had joined them, asking where Therror was going in such a hurry, and Leyra had somehow materialized on his other side. On the horizon, he thought he could see the pale form of Lupus sprinting towards them, and he wondered if there was some secret they all knew and refused to share with him. His ears fell back just as Elizabeth made her move.

The sturdier Corporal shouldered the daintier mare in the ribs, sending her down on her side in the dirt with a thud. Lupus finally caught up and flashed in like a stray bolt of lightning, predator's teeth sinking into her shoulder before the stranger scrambled to her feet; her eyes showed the whites but she threw her head high in defiance, declaring to the night that their secret was no longer safe, that she would tell the world about them. Mauja felt as if a ghost had punched him through the chest and gripped his heart, even as Leyra's murmur floated into his ears.

Leyra. Shit. She wasn't one of the Plague. Luckily, Therror hadn't had the chance to drop the name yet, only that she'd tell Helovia — not on his watch. Perhaps, once, his fear of reveal would play out in their favor.

From the depths of his soul he pulled up his magic, its liquid cool seeping through his veins as he numbed Therra's tongue, rendering it a useless clump of limp meat within her mouth. No more words would be spoken from her, no more threats. "Patching up a leak," he told Leyra in a cold, emotionless voice, smooth as the ice and just as frigid, never taking his pale eyes off the gray one as she backed up slightly, working her jaws but not producing more sound than a whimper as blood streamed down her shoulder. "You should leave, Leyra. I'd hate to have to give you the same treatment." And with that, he took a few steps forward, slowly circling the defiant mare; she was terrified, he could tell it, because she knew that there was no way out for her. She was surrounded, outnumbered, and that realization gripped her soul, but he doubted she'd go out without a struggle.

The earth shuddered, gave a groan, and from its depths an ice spike shot into the air, its pointed tip shoving into the sky and glittering coldly in the moonlight. Therror gave a skittish jump to the side as it licked up her thigh, and Mauja found a rather grim smile upon his face; looking past the gray mare to Crowley, he gave the brindle a nod. While the Ice King would much rather just spear Therra's heart and be done with it, he had a notion that the others would want to play with their food.

And, he hoped, that Leyra was taking his warning and moving away. He did not want to have to kill her, too.
BANE
Image Credit

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
Please excuse the shortness ^^; I had to fight with this one.

d'Artagnan thoughtfully watched as a number of his Basin friends began to gather around something in the Steppe. It was a pleasant night and the Nightshade had just been spending some time with Kou, relaxing in her presence was so much easier and she seemed to make everything seem better. He was about to head straight back down into the Basin when Aramis veered off in a different direction, heckles raised with a low growl ripping through his maw. The red marked pup had lead him all the way to the intriguing gathering before him that seemed to centre around an dark mare. From the bits of conversation d'Artagnan picked up he assumed the brute was attempting an to let loose information on the plague and he grunted in disapproval. At least they had caught her in time.

Slowly, d'Artagnan made his way to Crowley, keeping his eyes on the strange mare who was falling under a barrage of attacks from Elizabeth and Lupus. His dual coloured eyes were strangely serene, the attack would surely be enough to kill the idiotic mare and the Nightshade stood back and watched. Aramis was still growling at his side but had shifted to stand next to d'Artagnan, heckles still lining his back and awaiting any command his bonded gave to him. As the blood poured d'Artagnan became sadder, it did no good to kill their own species though he knew the importance of annihilating traitors. He would go after Valentine if it wasn't for Sno who had stolen his glory. Yet their blood was still of a unicorn and it depressed him that there were some who wanted to live beside the vermin who dared to have the same four hooves as them.

The Time Mender smiled faintly and sank his magic into the body of Therror, poisoning her waters and coaxing her to sleep. A slumber she would never wake up from but she would feel no pain once under his spell. Even poison could sometimes be used in a kind way. He sighed and released Aramis to devour the femme, his dark paws soon covered in crimson blood and teeth went for the jugular, his red markings glowing vibrantly against the dark sky. The Mender's calm night had turned into a messy one and though he felt the tugs of excitement at the edges of his mind, the call of insanity threatening to take him over, d'Artagnan resisted. The mare was surely already dead.

He looked to Mauja then as he spoke firmly to Leyra, it seemed the Plague secrets truly were at risk of being revealed. d'Artagnan followed Mauja and attempted to edge his shoulder into roan's, his eyes flickered dangerously and held an intense warning. He hoped she was wise and amended Mauja's comment with his own. "You will leave."

To reach greatness
You must step on bodies
Though the cost of it may
Drown the world in blood.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!
Ascended Helovian

THE PLAGUE
Mauja
His kindness in sparing the mare for a few more minutes to give his fellows something to play with was wasted, as the Red Doctor drew up beside Crowley. Mauja gazed across to him and nodded, something warm stealing across his gaze in that cold night before his attention returned to the terrified, tongue-tied mare. But when her legs suddenly folded and she fell to her side in the snow with a soft thud, her face glazed over with something peaceful, he let his 'brows arch up. Somehow, he guessed his red friend was responsible for it, and it was only confirmed when the hellhound darted forward to sink his fangs into Therror's throat. Warm blood gushed out, spraying into the night with each beat of her fading heart. The wound steamed into the cold darkness.

Then d'Artagnan was close by, shoving Leyra aside, but Mauja just grimaced. "It's whatever now, she's dead anyway, she can't talk," he said grimly, a faint grimace curling his lips back. It wasn't that he detested killing (well, in a way he certainly did), just that.. it was so stupid. If Therra had just kept her ears to herself, this sticky end would've been avoided. But, as always, it was too late for that. His cold eyes fixed on Leyra. "Speak no word of this to anyone, except me or the Doctor. Now, then." He straightened up; Leyra had seemed different since her return, but if what she had seen would fester like an unclean wound, he wanted her to be able to let it out on someone — namely, himself, or d'Art. Maybe even Crowley. The two latter would just laugh at her, but that wasn't his problem. "I've got a mare to fetch." Smiling grimly to himself Mauja backed away from the dead mare, brushed his muzzle against d'Art's red hip before nodding at the others and moving away south.

[ Mauja out. <3 ]
BANE
Image Credit