the Rift

[OPEN] Lady, Lady, Don't Play The Games You Don't Understand [OPEN]

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
The world was in complete action as the storm raged onward outside the safety inside of the ice cave. A thick blanket of night had been laid over the landscape, and as she stood alone within the cave, it brought her to attention wonder if other souls had been swallowed up in the storm. It hadn't taken full force fury upon the landscape just yet, only enough for the wind to pick up a frightening scream and snow to be blasted about. A horse could move through it, never fly if they'd been granted with wings. A child moved inside of her, feeling the movement as it began tell her it was there. 'Hey mommy! Don't you know I'll be here in a few more months? Can't you wait my arrival? Soon you won't be alone all the time, and we can be together. Because even though I haven't met you yet, I love you mommy.
She was almost able to her a soft voice from somewhere inside of her mind whisper those words. This was never the time of the year to find herself pregnant with a child. A tear escaped her pale blue eyes as the storm flung snow towards her. One of her black hooves touched the frozen ground underneath her body as she took a step backwards. Just one fall could hurt her child beyond belief, and she lost it, it'd kill her on the inside. Outside the storm gave a short break, and the clouds broke a hole in their stronghold. A few steps forward and she was able to look out of the mouth of the cave.
Something had happened. A sliver of the pale Moon stared down upon the Appaloosa mare. In the night's milky light, she was facing untold fears someone like herself wasn't ever able to face. And here stood a mare who found herself a queen within the night. A queen lacking a kingdom, or even any followers, but it paid no meaning to her. Twinkles of light came out and sparkled upon the blanket laid upon the ground. She snorted and pawed the ice underneath, holding absolutely no attention to how beautiful the world was now. Surrounding her was the sapphire walls of the ice cave, the Moon reflecting its image on the walls.
Yet as if the storm was only playing her, the wind let a deadly scream to her ears, and thrashed about the snow towards her.
"Screw you weather. Just because I'm a pregnant lady, doesn't mean you can best me yet. You can have your party the day you strike me down with lightning! "
"Yet like that would ever happen. I wouldn't let you have that great fun, now would I?"
A smile came upon her face at that moment. Tempting the weather, now wasn't just something? The weather seemed to pay no attention to what she was saying to it, just because it seemed she might of just bested it. A giggle came from her lips, feeling content with herself. Her body twisted itself around as she backed off from the opening, wondering suddenly if the storm was about to follow up with her threat. Seemed likely, yet what would the world do with the Devil's Advocate herself? Maybe they'd attempt to take her beauty and use it upon itself, or just take her whit and attempt to use upon others.
Though this was all unlikely, for if the weather took her beauty, then it was true to be beautiful. She had been born white, with her body splattered with black spots upon only certain spots of her body. The spots had taken over her front legs, upper neck, and face only. An artist had taken sheets of black silk and made into her mane and tail. Her eyes were pale blue, the colour you see that seems to frighten you. In attempts to keep herself from stares, she had them covered with locks of her black forelock.
Her child moved inside her, suddenly returning to the fact that she had her little passenger with her. The fact that she was pregnant was bothering her black heart in a troubled way, suddenly curious as of how she was going to take care of the child. Shaking her head, she pleaded within herself for the company of another soul as the storm called out to her, wondering if she was about to get her threat happen in reality, or if she herself was being threatened, never injured, by what was had attempted.
A downfall of a mare who called herself the Devil's Advocate was an unborn child, and a storm. Oh now, wasn't this just so embarrassing?
image credits
table by whit

Boom Boom Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Adrixaura has been stolen, so she cannot post outside of the Foothills.
Please report to your captor, Knox.