the Rift

» it's time [ophelia, ktulu, open]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
Irrydae had watched the sun rise, the bright colors causing the deep, dark shadows of night to draw back and fade. It was time. The heat had picked up quickly and a slight sheen formed upon the chocolate and purple pelt, creamy tresses sticking to her figure. She watched the sun, indirectly, for awhile before making her way to the trail she had arrived here on. She had met Tingal, the tiger horse hybrid, and he sure was interesting. Her thoughts lingered on him and she smiled slightly before working her way down the mountainside on the trail, moving slowly at first, the fog making everything, except her own nose, invisible. She scuffles along until she reaches the bottom where she can see again.

Irrydae still has awhile until she will reach the edge of the Foothills if she had been told correctly. She pushes off the ground, in a flat out run. Legs pumping, wind whipping her hair back, gold tinted flints dig deep into the ground as a nicker escapes her throat and gets lost behind her. Her muscles ache from fatigue but she continues on, only slowing when she reaches the edge of the land- the scents changing, nares flaring as she takes it all in.

She breathes deeply, chest heaving, standing still. She is taking the next step. Her time as an outcast was, hopefully, soon to be over. Golden pools graze the landscape, building her courage. She had heard of the invasion from the group they called The Grey, though she did not know the outcome. Irrydae was hoping for the best as she crossed into the Windtossed Foothills- and the memory of the time she crossed into the Threshold fills her mind. Evers and Insanity had greeted her, a few others also there from other herds, to try and get her to join the Foothills. Evers had been the Chief when he asked- was he still? The star-speckled mare is more confident now since entering Helovia, and she stands here what you could say was proudly, while when she arrived she would be standing cowardly. Irry pauses and from the tips of her wings, Aurora Borealis appears and takes the rough shape of a horse- it looks like her mother. The figure smiles at her and tosses it's head further into the land, encouraging her on. Irrydae raises her head and sets off at a easy trot, the figure disappearing into nothing.

The scents are rich and new, unknown. Irry does not know exactly what to do now, or where to go, so she stands out in the open. Her figure is relaxed and non-challenging, though her head is held proudly and her eyes gleam excitedly. She snorts quietly before nickering and hoping someone will hear her. It was now mid-day, or maybe even the first minutes of afternoon, and it seems like minutes ago that she had left the Thistle Meadow. She pushes her wings from her body, stretching them slightly. They feel stiff. She could have used them to fly here instead of running but she had chosen to run- even though flying would have been faster. She wasn't exactly sure why she had chosen running over flying, but it had got her here all the same.

[ ooc ; gaaah sorry for the bad quality- starting posts with her have seemed to be a bit rusty ]
Irrydae

Image Credits

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

teeth sink in to leave the taste of blood. </style>

From the copse of trees to the left of Irrydae, a set of golden eyes gleam. They are feral, large, and hanging almost eerily high above the line of the ground; a massive beast lurking in the shadows, just out of sight. Out of the darkness, a massive paws steps forward.

Slow, steady pace brings forth the creature that lingers just out of sight of the sun, his large figure outlined by specks of light which sift through the canopies, halted in their path toward the ground. First, a peculiar face, lined with a thick fur which grows. Unlike beards which plagued the face of some equids, this was simply just thick, brusque hair, which continued down the line of his neck toward the underbelly, lined with exceeding amount of the same coarse looking fur. Dense, long strands of hair fall from an equine nape, cascading beside canine ears, onto the face, partially distorting the golden eyes of a dog.

Next, legs, long and sturdy, begin to rise from the brush. A clawed paw enters the cleared field, followed by a broad chest, and shortly the rest of the beast. Once clear of the shrubbery, the wolf lopes forward toward the strange girl who stands upon his new home, striding up toward her left side, fully illuminated in the bright sun of the afternoon, a small dragon sleeping soundly on his back. Unfamiliar of scent, not stored in his memory from the many meetings within the dark forest, this girl was an outsider. The hybrid was not one to chase off the innocent, but he was also guarding the borders upon this side. The invasion had gone smoothly, but the threat that reinvasion could occur while the Grey were regrouping was fresh on his mind.

She was one lone pegasus, but that is enough to make a spy.

"Hello," a gruff voice says rather numbly as the wolf stops just short of her. His towering frame probably standing too close for her comfort. "Are you lost, little bird?"

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

(backdating phi's current timeline; she does not know she is pregnant and this is after the invasion by a few days, I would expect)

Ophelia, tired and still recovering from exhaustion, forced her eyes to open and scan the horizon. She had made a habit of doing so as often as she could, and for a time, there was nothing. Just as her eyes were about to fade closed again, two figures against the rising sun. She squinted every so slightly, the light rays harsh against her pale, blue eye. One of the figures looked slightly oddly shaped, and she wondered if that was Osiris. Ophelia had an ability to pick him out of the oddest situations and run into him in her worst moments; she wondered why that was. Fate? Coincidence? Cosmic torment? She grimaced and then sighed, picking up a brisk trot to where the figures were standing, just at the edge of civilization.

Osiris indeed. The half-wolf had come close to a pegasus mare, almost too close, and Ophelia smiled, if only a little. She was surprised that the loner had taken so well to being in a herd setting. The chieftess had met the stallion when she was barely six months old, and he was hiding out in a cave in a mountain, by himself. He seemed the type to remain alone until the end of his days, but when the gray pegasus had shown up on the beach, she thought differently. Was that what had made such a change in his heart? Had she abandoned him? Arrived only to say goodbye?

The pegasus that stood before them now was exotic in color. She was bay, like normal, but accented with a rich violet and dotted with stars. What made her look entirely hawkish were her golden eyes, and the alabaster mare dipped her head respectfully, thinking that Irrydae was most likely a member of the Dragon's Throat. Osiris thought she was lost, by examining his words. Ophelia thought she was an emissary. What if they both were wrong?

"Ophelia, chieftess of the Foothills," she introduced herself, the title coming off of her lips strangely. Curiously painted her bright, delicate and pale face. "What do you seek here?"

The lead did not ignore Osiris; she stood closer to his side. An instinct of vulnerability gripped her, and she moved closer than she might have under normal conditions. The action was entirely involuntary, barely born of rational thought. She eyed him curiously, briefly glancing into his enigmatic golden eyes.

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
She did not have to wait long- or at least it did not feel long. Irrydae was lost in thought, caught up in her emotions about her time before Helovia. About her mother. A pang of sorrow rings through her, seeming to vibrate through her bones and rattle everything inside her. Her throat constricts, and it becomes hard to swallow. Her eyes prickle and sting with threats of tears, so she closes them. She focuses on breathing, inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Deep breaths.

The wave that had crashed over her with memories has now passed, and she opens bright sparkling gold eyes that scans the rolling hills and the landscape before her, almost as if a brush had filled a canvas with every shade of green. Purple ears are alert as the sound of a soft plodding approaches. Her nares flare as she catches the scent- it is awkward and unfamiliar. She turns her head to see a beast approach her. It is a mixture of two creatures - as if something from her nightmares. Her long bicolored tail thrashes at her side as she remains calm. 'Hello,' his voice is gruff and deep, but not threatening. Her muscles relax slightly. 'Are you lost, little bird?' He steps right up next to me and everything screams to step back. But my gaze does not falter, and my demeanor remains calm. "I don't believe to be lost." I say evenly, giving the hybrid a small smile. "Unless, this is not the Foothills." she says and finishes. She just then notices the small dragon on his back, and her eyes look at it curiously, never have seen one before.

Irrydae just opens her mouth to then introduce herself when she notices another approaching. She is white in color, with the tips of her hair seeming to be coated in blood. 'Ophelia, chieftess of the Foothills,' Ah, so she was in the right place. Irry turns her body to address Ophelia, giving the slightest dip of her head. 'What do you seek here?' Irry ponders her words for a second, mulling them over in her head and thinking of how to phrase herself. I have come to serve a purpose in life? I have come to hide from my past? She doesn't take long to answer, though. "I wish to join your ranks here. I feel like I am wasting my life away just wandering around alone. I will happily be of service to any rank you deem fits me." She says, pulling in her star speckled wings. "I am Irrydae, by the way." She finishes, hoping to be accepted, hoping that she wouldn't be sent away.

Irrydae

Image Credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

teeth sink in to leave the taste of blood. </style>

Before her scent breaks upon him, Osiris can tell that Ophelia is near. Her graceful gait is well known in his brain, and, what is more, Comadre is delighted by the appearance of Tinek. The two are better friends than Osiris would guess he and Ophelia are, though how does one really measure the strength of friendship without trying times? He had betrayed one friend to aid in the invasion for her, but did that speak of his loyalty to Ophelia of the weak bond he shared with Nadira? He was not certain. Comadre was fairly certain that it was loyalty to the young, white mare who had always been accepting of him.

This girl, this lone pegasus, would probably not be as accepting. Osiris's feral, golden eyes do not waver as he looks at the stranger, waiting for her reply. Much to her credit, the starry-pelted girl remained stoic, looking back into his golden eyes with her own. A pointed smile forms on his lips at her reply. "You seek us, then," he says quietly, even as the white queen approaches to stand beside him, introducing herself. Respectfully, the wolf turns his head toward Ophelia, giving her a curt nod before turning his attention back toward their visitor.

Her little spiel does not sit well with Osiris, though he is uncertain why. His ear flicks back in the direction of Ophelia to wait for any words, not wanting to usurp her role as lead here. However, he cannot remain silent for long, and clears his throat for a moment before speaking, right after the girl offers up her name. "Pardon me if this sounds harsh, Irrydae," he begins, his rich baritone filling the space between them. "The Grey is not looking to teach you of your capabilities. We are looking for those who are already capable." Mercenaries cannot survive with weak members of the team, after all, and Osiris was very serious about keeping his new family safe. Don't be mean, Osiris, the dragon on his back coos.

"Anything you have a penchant for, lady?"

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia saw the way Osiris nodded to her, almost shortly, and she simply smiled in return before turning her gaze back to the starry mare. She could not blame Osiris for her foolishness, and continuing to mire herself in her emotions was going to be her ruin. She listened to Irrydae explain what she was seeking, and the pale mare furrowed her brows, wondering what possessed such a femme to come here, of all places. If she did not desire to be alone, there were many positions that she could fill in herds much kinder than this one.

Osiris seemed to mirror her sentiments to a degree, for as Ophelia pondered this situation, he spoke. The words he spoke were true, and though she knew that she may be a thinner link along their family chain, she was by no means weak. Her skills were simply... not quite as violent. What was even more curious was how quickly Osiris had grown accustomed to his new family and how fiercely he protected it now. She could not help wonder what had sparked the change in him from lone wolf in the caves to this citizen of the Foothills. Was it the gray mare? The winged one on the beach?

Or, maybe, no had had given him a chance. When he asked what skills Irrydae had, Ophelia looked at her, wondering if she had any skills for any of their positions. But then she realized that all herds functioned with some of softer spirit like healers, crafters and... the storyteller. She did not know how to fill that position. She did not know if it was her responsibility to do so, but it had sat vacant and the Earth god had not filled it on his own. Was this her job to decide?

After waiting for her to answer Osiris' question, Ophelia smiled. "What do you know of the gods?" she asked, this small, inkling of an idea quickly growing to be something much, much larger. Tinek, in the mean time, stared at Comadre, miming his actions like a parrot.

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!