the Rift

Until every drop is gone [OPEN]

Cierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You dream of trading places, I have been changing faces.
You cannot fill these shoes, there is too much to lose.

It had only been a mere couple of hours, though it felt like days, that the dun mare had been both flying and walking toward her new home. She was not used to flying for long periods of time, she found it rather boring. Her normal transportation was by foot on the solid ground. Flying had always made her feel so vulnerable and easy to track, the thought wasn't very satisfying. At last, the trees began to part, the scent of smoke filling the open air. Hazel orbs followed the direction that her nares told her it was coming from, only to see nothing, not even the rolling of gray plumes of smoke.

The scent increased with each step forward, causing Cierra to become concerned. This was her home now, was it not? She was brand new to the land, not knowing anything about the heart of the land and it's constant fiery center. Her long wings sprawled out stretching over her small body. With an easy push off of the dry earth, she cast herself into the air, watching for the flames. She glided through the air, her wings beating in a slow rhythm to keep her body in the sky.

Surely enough, the scent she had found was seeping from a large divot in the ground. Fire licked at the air from the depths of the hole. Cierra had never been quite fond of fire, it was much too warm for her already over heated body. Her gaze shifted from the hole to her left, making out what she was sure had to be a lake. This would be much more comforting. The pace of her wings picked up, propelling her fragile frame through the air. Her mane and tail swirled in the soft breeze that carried her to her home land.

The short distance to the lake was already making her solid wings ache. They lied back, perched just enough to keep her sailing through the air. The heat of the baked ground was almost overwhelming as each cloven hoof settled back onto the earth. The sails folded back down onto her body tiredly. The surrounding land was dry; vegetation springing from the earth in patches. Quickly, the vision of her home created a cotton mouth effect on her tongue. The lake better taste good.

Cierra walked with swift steps toward the inviting water, realizing that the vegetation grew as she neared the pool. Her black tipped ears rotated around constantly, listening for any stalkers that may have been watching her. The thought made her spine tingle. The dun reached the water and wadded directly into it. The cool liquid enveloped her long legs all the way up to her sore knees. Naturally, Cierra dipped her lips into the water, drinking until her belly and mouth were satisfied.

WORDS: 471
LYRICS: "Almost Famous" by Eminem

Image Credit

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

"Veci, stop that." Hector had been watching a piece of his orange mane strangely moving of it's own accord, or so it seemed, but the truth was that something was there and Hector shot the ghost a glance as the strands fell over his ear. The Soldier thought he could almost hear a laugh as the boggart dived around, never once had Hector known his spectre to sit still, it was almost like teaching a child backwards. Instead of teaching Veci to walk, he had to teach him to stop, though the triple blooded boy couldn't help but think that was an even harder concept to try and get his bonded to grasp. It wasn't like he could hold out a leg to stop him, the damned ghost would just float straight through him, in the end Hector didn't know why he bothered. Sensing his thoughts, Veci floated around the Soldier's head and tickled his friend's ears. Much to the boggart's glee, Hector laughed and playfully shook his head, but continued walking onwards to the oasis.

His mind was at peace now, the fight with Kri had put his priorities into place and lifted his spirits. He walked with a new vigour, like a stud enlightened, a purpose firmly before him and a belief that he could do it. Maybe if his old friends could see him they would comment on how he looked more like a Prince now than he ever did before. Heir to an empire that he never wanted to return to, his place was in Helovia where his comrades didn't judge him. Didn't tip toe around him because he was the 'crown prince', he was just Hector and he liked that fact. Besides, he was a father of two children here, though he had not seen them in sometime, maybe one day they'd come looking for him and Hector wanted to be there for them whenever they did.

Something disturbed Veci's presence and the Soldier looked up to see that they had arrived at the oasis and not completely on their own. In his private musings he'd completely missed the appearance of the dun mare who had a rather beautiful, wild look to her, in Hector's eyes. Never before had he seen this femme who was now cooling herself down in the pool, the crystal blue water looking extremely tempting and Hector took a draught at the edges. Not wanting to frighten the golden female. Once satisfied, he lifted his head with droplets falling from his velvet lips, gentle face portrayed an open friendliness. "A warm day is it not?" He said, as soft as his booming voice would allow him to go.

compassion, composure, gentleness, discipline
eleephotography@flickr

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered

The near silent thud of each hoof on the ground caught the attention of the young mare, her black tipped ears flicking back as she listened to the sound. It neared her, coming to her right side and stopping. From the corner of her green flecked orbs, she saw a very large stallion, his body shrouded with matching colored wings. The smooth image of the stallion was rather inviting, though two curious horns emerged from his face; one small - resting at the bridge of his nose, the other quite large - placed square on his forehead. She had never seen any thing quite like it yet.

She lifted her head, bi-colored orbs watching the odd brute as he drank. Soon enough, he spoke with a hard voice, commenting on the temperature of the day. A thin smile spread across her slightly darker maw as she bobbed her petite face in agreement; "Very, compared to the Threshold." she replied with her raspy voice. Normally a mare would use their sweetest honey suckle voice when around a stallion, but there was no physical way for Cierra to do so. Being that her voice was a little deep and scratchy threw off her whole look to many others.

A tiny droplet of water ran from her lip after building up enough condensation to gain weight, falling to the dry ground silently. The Tallsun air was dry and stagnant with little air flow from what she had experienced so far. "I feel that it may be hard for me to be here for a while. I'm already hot enough as it is." She grinned at him softly, her attention running back to the surrounding area.

How was it that they were the only two residing at the water? She imagined herself bunking here for the next few years of her life until her body adjusted to the scorching heat. Her home land was normally warm, but always very wet with rain. This was such a huge leap from there it wasn't even comparable.

The mare -standing at barely 15.1 hands- took a step toward the newcomer, instantly feeling dwarfed by his huge body. "I'm Cierra, and you are?" The words seemed rough and a little straight, not showing much enthusiasm in the introduction; though she meant it kindly. Who was she to start off a conversation badly, especially in her brand new home. As strange as it was to think.

WORDS: 408

Image Credit

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

He smiled gently and nodded once to her reply, noting that she had previously been in the Threshold which may or may not mark her a newcomer to the lands. If that was so, maybe she would grow used to it or maybe she would take off in search of cooler lands. Hector hoped for the former, but he knew some could not tolerate the heat. She further confirmed his suspicions when she mentioned having a short stay, he wondered if she would linger until after Tallsun. Maybe then she might find some relief from the infernal sun. The Soldier didn't at all mind it much, his birth land had much the same temperatures and parts were made up of desert. He often used to train in the desert with his old teacher until he lay on the floor, waiting for the relief of water. It was a punishing regime, but it was what made him strong today. "I'm sorry you don't agree with the weather so well, I know some who cannot stand it. I myself come from a land much like this one." He said with a distant smile before taking another helping of water.

Veci had drifted off somewhere behind them, the boggart's attention seemingly captivated on something else in the oasis. Hector could feel the waves of curiosity his friend projected and hoped that he wasn't about to try something stupid. He often forgot how young Veci was and how mischievous he could be, the Soldier almost trembled at the thought of how much trouble the spectre could possibly get him into. Sometimes the horned boy wished his bonded wasn't invisible and that he could actually see what the devil was up to, but alas, he only became visible when scaring others. It made their mental bond all the more important.

His mind returned to the present as the pretty golden femme spoke again, her name this time, she called herself Cierra. A beautiful name for a beautiful mare. The Soldier dipped his head once again and spoke kindly through soft lips. "A pleasure to meet you Cierra, my name is Hector, I'm a Soldier of this herd" he thought for a moment of introducing Veci, but that would only complicate things for the moment. If the boggart decided to do something stupid, then he would have to explain.

The orange hairs of his leonine tail dipped into the water and Hector flicked it up, over onto his back. Closing his eyes as the cool droplets relieved him whilst leaving his mind free to think of a conversation starter. He was not really one for long, drawn out conversations, often too drawn within himself to take an active role. This time, however, it would be a little strange if he said nothing so he awkwardly shuffled about, trying to think of something appropriate to say. Her vocal tones suggested she was a little abrupt in her nature, which further made him nervous, what if he offended her? He shuffled around some more before finally deciding on his next words "if I'm not too bold, what brings you to this land?"

It was the question that interested him the most, he often wondered why so many travelled to this vast land.

compassion, composure, gentleness, discipline
eleephotography@flickr

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Unregistered

Hector spoke of some disliking the scorching weather, mentioning that he rather enjoyed it; that he had come from a home much like it. Cierra nodded, a gentle smile layering her gray lips. The stallion dipped his dark chestnut lips to the water, Cierra's tri-colored eyes following the natural ripple that flowed away from the disturbance on top of the pool. Easily distracted, her eyes stayed on the water once she heard the deep voice of the male again. He introduced himself as Hector, adding that he is classified as a soldier. Her black tipped ears rotated to his voice, following the sound as she turned her attention back to him.

A soldier? He definitely carried the structure of one. His body was not only impressive, but very unique. "I wouldn't have guessed," she spoke sarcastically, the gentle grin twisting up into an inviting smile. "With a set of horns like that I'd probably do something rad like that too." She let out a small giggle, laughing at her own dumb joke. She was easily entertained, especially by herself. Being so young, why not try to be fun while she could?

Hector seemed to awkwardly shuffle around for a moment before dappling himself with water. Cierra took a few steps toward him, closing the length of the gap between them without much hesitation. Once the stallion seemed cooled down, he questioned why she had come to this land. The question swirled in her mind. What would be an appropriate way to answer this? "I just had enough of the assholes I used to live with, and this was the first option that came up." She looked around the dry land, again noting that it was so dry compared to her original home. "I'm glad I picked it though. It's such a change from what I'm used to. I needed change."

She brought her hazel orbs back to attempt to meet with Hector's strange orange tinted ones. "You know what I mean?"

WORDS: 331

Image Credit