the Rift

Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
It felt all too strange leaving the Edge after becoming one of its Leads. It was even slightly electrifying to see the word beyond its borders wearing a new title. But did it make me anymore then I was? I didn’t want to let it all go to my head and so thusly decided that a bit of air would do me some good. I needed to put things into perspective in spite of feeling like everything was falling right into place. So when the Edge was disappearing beyond my own figurative horizon, I breathed a sigh of relief. I would be back of course; back to take care of what had so suddenly become mine. But then again- I had always felt that way for the Edge, always took pride in serving not only Mirage but the land itself and of course the Goddess of the Moon.

I wondered what it would be like to acquire her presence and perhaps I needed to know just whose name I was honoring one day. But until then I would let her rest comfortably knowing that I wouldn’t be knocking at her door with questions and irritations anytime soon. Maybe I would wait until I had all of my responsibly safely under lock and key- I needed to understand just what lay ahead before I started a new quest for knowledge.

Into the fields I went, pushing carefully through the hedges and finally, into the clearing. It had grown into a beautiful mess of tall grass and stray wild flowers that dotted the expanse like perfectly positioned decoration. The sun hung tall above it all, casting soft rays across the dips and rises which made it look like it had been made of porcelain. I was quite delighted that my sense of direction had landed me here because for once, I was at peace with everything in my mind and my heart. Though, I wasn’t sure whether it was the feeling of new belonging that made me so content or the plain beauty of the fields… all I knew was that I was in sheer bliss.

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
I'm so tired. My body feels so heavy and my mind feels so sluggish. Lately, I must admit, I've been having trouble sleeping even in the comfort of the World's Edge. Even though I've returned to take on the responsibility of caring for my younger sister, guilt gnaws at me. No matter how many times I tell myself that I left to make sure my parents and my other sister would be okay, that Cyrus was supposed to take care of Aswane I still blame myself for her being abandoned by him. In my heart I know that it was his irresponsibility and his lack of caring for our family that resulted in Aswane having to care for herself, I cannot help but feel that I am responsible. I chose him to look after her when I could have chosen anyone else. I think of Mirage and the look on her face when I came back searching for her. I could have asked her to watch Aswane for me. At least then she would have been well taken care of and not running from monsters.

My sides expand as I taken in a deep breath then deflate as I breathe out slowly. The sun is warm on my back and the warmth makes me feel even more tired and I think back to a time when I would have been sleeping the day away. A time when I would spend the night in this very place staring up at the stars and the moon and wishing the goddess would come down to speak to me. My eyes closed and I had begun to drift into a light sleep, letting my feelings of guilt dissipate.

I flinched, my body jerking me back into consciousness when the grass rustled. My eyes snapped back open and I turned my head toward the source of the sound. The stallion I saw was somewhat familiar, perhaps I've seen him in passing in the Edge. There have been many members I've seen from afar, but I've been so focused on caring for my little sister and trying to find my irresponsible brother that I've neglected getting to know my own herd. "Hello." I call a greeting over to the stallion and offer what I perceive is a friendly smile.

aylin
healing hands of love like the stars shiny shiny from above

The musty scent of the forest is mingled suddenly with the soft essence of the Edge and I begin to wonder who it is that I will find across my path. The grasses are tall this time of year and as I wander amongst the shade, I begin to enjoy their delicate caress along my knees. With the sun breaking through the veil of curious clouds, it is easy to trace their shadows along the wide expanse of the fields. It is nothing like the Edge and yet just as brilliantly beautiful. I had never ventured to these parts of Helovia and by the time that I thought that I could be lulled into peaceful daydreaming from the mere warmth of such a day, I am suddenly awoken by the arrival of another.

I hadn’t been expecting the mare to carry such warmth about her, but even in spite of her outward appearance, I could sense an old longing that I wasn’t certain I could put a finger to. There was a distance in her eyes that made me believe that she had not always been like this, so cool and collected, because her eyes told a different story. She was beautiful here amongst the wildflowers, now in full bloom and when her quiet voice reached my ears, it made me wonder why I had not known of her before. I nodded toward the sky as if she would find something there other than the perilous blue of its wide face. I wanted her to look upon it and realize that words were not always needed, though I knew that at some point she was more than deserving of proper introduction.

I had to know her name after all, even if not for my mere interest in her, but because she was undoubtedly part of my family.

Turning my face from the heavens, I lace a steady gaze upon her before letting a casual smile part the dark of my lips. “Is it not beautiful here?” I gesture out across the fields, half expecting raucous laughter at my valiant display. I am not one for formality and choose instead to dance around the corners for the mere fun of trying to appear mildly different. “I’m Thor and you must be…?” The faint traces of humor that entertain my tone make me wonder what she’ll have to say in response to my child-like behavior. I didn’t want her to think ill of me but there were some days that I needed more than anything just to let loose and drop all of the professional graces that were now required of me.

However, this was my chance to be free, if only for a minute. I wasn’t about to quarrel with the idea that I’d been given this time just to relax and find myself again.
Thor

OOC|| Eh. Bad post is bad.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Hidden Account
ali

I watched the familiar stallion for a moment after he nodded toward the sky then looked up, myself. There was nothing but the clear blue sky and the shining sun, a sight my brother would find the utmost joy and comfort in, but as always the sunny sky made me feel like a stranger. I supposed the memories of the deadly hot summer and the wrath the Sun God exhibited has instilled distrust in me for him. When at last the stallion speaks it is to declare the beauty of the meadow we both stand in. "It is." I agree. "But the true beauty of this meadow can be seen at night when the moonlight dances among the flowers."

I smile as my gaze fell from the sky and back to the stallion's face. It was then that he introduced himself as Thor. Recognition dawned on me then and I tilted my head. I had heard of him in passing. Had heard of his rise to the status of Weyrleader opposite Mirage. It was quite a feat that he would be promoted to such a high rank, but I feel as though he is reliable and trustworthy. Mirage would never choose someone to lead with her whom she did not trust.

"A pleasure to meet you, Thor." I say as a genuine smile lights my face for he truly is kind as the whispers of him have said. "I am Aylin. Don't let me rain on your parade." I continue on. "We've both come here to relax, I assume, so there is really no need for formalities now that we know one another's names."

aylin

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

Cool air brushed against my face, allowing me to stray far from whatever reality I found here within Helovia. At times I was content to travel alone, but today I decided that Aylin was more than welcome to join my endeavors towards absolution. She was no more the worse for wear considering she had no idea what concepts lurked behind my hooded gaze, but maybe she would come along willingly. At that, I began to move into the field knowing that her footsteps would be soon to follow. Call it confidence or arrogance, but I was pretty content in my abilities to judge mares. That’s not to say that I did it often, no, I was completely and irrevocably in love with Tamira… but I had to learn somehow right?

Turning on my heel, I came face to face with the steely colored girl. In truth, she was a delectable looking creature but of course, I’m sure she already knew that. However, I couldn’t be the one to indulge her even if I’d wanted to… I had too much at stake. Instead, I smiled warmly at her in hopes that she wouldn’t notice the wars being waged inside my mind. “Join me to see the midnight show then. No formalities required- we’ll make a day of it.” Had I gone crazy or was I just looking for reasons to let loose? Whatever it was, I was more than willing to drag someone down with me; life was too short after all.

Reaching down into the tall grasses, I wrapped tender lips around the stem of a particularly dark flower. It was not dark in the sense of morbidity, but the deep red of its petals reminded me of blood. To me it represented life, love, passion… I wanted to live by those terms and maybe one day I would. But until then, I would settle for the heartache of not knowing. I wasn’t sure where I stood with Tamira or with my herd, but I hoped that one day it would all come together and make sense. But it wasn’t going to happen right here in this moment and so I lifted the flower to Aylin’s flawless ivory threads and worked the bloom into her roots. Once I was satisfied with my handiwork, I stepped away to admire the lovely contrast of crimson against her alabaster clad nape… I hoped she didn’t mind that I’d taken it upon myself to dress her in my misplaced affections.

Would you look at that? It looks even better than I thought.” Where was I going with this?

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
ali

When he asked me to join him in the midnight viewing of the moon and the field that it lit I smiled. Truth be told, I found it a bit odd that he would make that offer and even suggest making a day of it so soon after meeting him. Yes, he was the WeyrLeader along with Mirage and he was a trusted member of the herd, but it still felt a little strange. My father would be shaking his head no and saying that I should go back home and my mother would probably stand beside him and agree. She had never really been one to trust anyone, anyways. Tallis would be the one that would join me. He'd rest on my back as we waited for the sun to set and the moon to rise. He'd be really pretty withe pale moonlight glinting off of his fiery orange scales. My smile faltered when I thought about him.

Is it weird that I miss the dragon more than I missed the rest of my family? Probably. It's only more to feel guilty about.

Before I even supplied Thor with an answer he bent down and picked a flower and tucked it into my mane. The look on my face, I could only guess, must have been a quizzical one. "Thank you." I murmured when he had finished and stepped back, obviously admiring the contrast of the deep red against my ivory mane. For whatever reason my heart beat quickly in my chest and I shifted my weight as if that would slow its rate.

“Would you look at that? It looks even better than I thought.”

"Erm ... thank you." I said again as heat that had nothing to do with the sun blossomed across my face. "You're too kind, Thor." Such kindness from someone barely known was ... uncomfortable, I suppose is the right word. I've never gained any attention from a stallion before and while I did find it mildly uncomfortable I also kind of enjoyed it. What harm would it do to spend the day with Thor until the sun finally set?

ooc:// bluh, crap post is crap
aylin

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader

Was it so shocking that I might ask for company to view the light show? I tried to contain the smile that followed Aylin’s surprise. She looked as though she’d seen a ghost or at least been told some pretty shocking news. However, her acceptance didn’t come as a shock to me. I had no intentions of making her so thoroughly uncomfortable that she should turn me down, I just wanted to get to know her a bit. Was that such a sin? “I intent to have you home and well directly after so don’t worry, I’d just like to know those who follow me… and give them a reason to want to do so.

I glanced back to the flower in her pale threads and wondered what such a flower would look like weaved into Tamira’s flaxen mane. I could only imagine how beautiful she would look and how perfectly she would wear it… However, the thought brought an ache to my chest and I dismissed it immediately. I did not want to falter before the young filly and allow her to benefit of finding my weakness. I did not want her to think that I was not strong enough to lead the Edge (alongside Mirage of course). Thinking of the Dragonheart, I wondered if she was doing well with the twins, though I had no doubt in her capabilities. I could only imagine what it would be like to raise two young fillies like Essetia. She was certainly a handful herself which only made me miss her more when we were apart. At times I longed for her distraction and jubilance.

As the day passed before us, I spent most of the time snatching at the rich grasses of the field and occasionally glancing at Aylin to make sure she hadn’t run off while I wasn’t looking. She had been weary in accepting the small bloom that now colored her nape in a bloody red- had I been wrong to give it to her? “Tell me something about yourself. I was hoping that I could come to know those in the Edge that are still as unfamiliar to me as you appear to be. I don’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable if in fact I’ve done so. I’m just having trouble finding where my duties end and where my personal life begins. Forgive me for the confusion- I’m still quite new to this.” I winked happily at her, hoping she would ease in my presence after such a tense beginning.

This was, after all, the first time I’d ever been able to lead anyone other than myself. Mirage had had many years of practice to perfect her technique so I had a lot of catching up to do in the meantime. I wanted to get it right and I intended to do so, even if it killed me (at least figuratively so).

OOC|| Well... this didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. X.x

Hidden Account
ali

"I intent to have you home and well directly after so don’t worry, I’d just like to know those who follow me… and give them a reason to want to do so."

My brows furrowed at Thor's words that he'd have me safely home right after. Did he not think I was capable of taking care of myself? I had spent a majority of my foalhood roaming Helovia by myself. Of course my parents had taught my a bit before they let me run off and do my own thing. My father had taught me to never trust anyone immediately and to watch them for any sign that they might be up to no good. My mother taught me to stand up for myself and never play the part of a coward of a fool. The world does not respect a coward. And Tallis, my best and only friend growing up, taught me to defend myself and never let myself be walked on.

I let it slide, though and begin to graze as we wait for the sun to set and the moon to rise and shine down on us in all her glory. Gradually I work my way away from Thor. In the beginning I had let myself be sucked into everyone else's opinion of him. I still trust Mirage's decision and believe that innately he is good, but don't I have the right to an opinion of my own? And don't I have the right to analyze and overanalyze every move and word he spoke?

Yes, it is my right and I will use it.

When he speaks again sometime later I stop my grazing, lift my head, and look toward the large pegasus with the dainty wings. "For a majority of my foalhood I slept through the days and spent the night up here waiting for the Moon Goddess to pay me a visit." I think I've developed somewhat of a cynical attitude toward it, though. I've stopped hoping that she'll come to me and started expecting her to keep ignoring me and going about her business. I'm but one speck of dust in the fabric of the universe. One star among millions. "When I was young my mother's dragon was my babysitter." I hope the look on my face hasn't turned incredulous when Thor mentions being new and not knowing where his duties end and his personal life begins. "Everyone is new at some point." I point out to him. "You'll get used to it."

aylin

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader

Aylin looked a bit confused at my words and I wondered if I’d offended her yet again. I really couldn’t get far with those of the opposite sex- they had a special way of avoiding me when it came to chivalry, but I guess as many would say, it’s dead. So instead of trying to comprehend her confusion or the way her ‘brow knitted at my words, I turned away in order to study the various specks of colored petals in the distance. It was certainly a beautiful day and I was going to try to make the best of it, even if it killed me.

I was glad that dusk was finally falling over us in spite of the endings it would bring. I still felt as if I knew too little of this girl, while I on the other hand, sat and poured out my bleeding heart. I guess I was bit too emotional when it came to social happenings, but her opinion mattered to me. However, as we grazed together, occasionally finding the time to acknowledge one another’s presence, I found that it was becoming increasingly hard to gain any real insight on her, except that she was reserved. Sometimes I wished for such attributes, as in, I thought it would be more helpful to be the strong silent type instead of the incessant weepy type. Though, I really guess it all depended on the day and the situation. I tended to go back and forth between bi-polar and just plain manic.

I often told myself that Tamira had something to do with it, but I could never be certain. Though, I could recall being quite valiant just a year ago… and not so unsure.

I guess I can say that I feel the same. I keep waiting for her, wanting more than anything to see the Goddess in which I serve… But as we now have something in common, I’ve yet to be graced with her company.” I was a bit miffed when it came to the Goddess of the Moon because I’d yet to know much about her, other than hearsay and abandoned tales of her divinity. One day I hoped that she would prove my doubts to be ignorant, but until then, I would live without her like Aylin.

However, it wasn’t long before thoughts of my faith were forgotten in favor of the grey girl’s sudden approach at conversation. Though, I can’t honestly say that I knew how to reply. I’d only ever seen Aikith and Kiba and while they were special in and of their own accord, they were only novel for those who could understand them (which was obviously not me). I pondered what it must have been like for a little Aylin to spend most of her waking hours with a common Dragon to keep her company. Where were her parents; and what did they do that they were unable to keep a watchful eye over their daughter? I didn’t have room to question and instead nodded slowly as if I understood. “I suppose you shared a special bond with such a creature? I’ve never really understood the kind of connection that Mirage holds with Aikith, but I would like to know one day… if indeed that day ever comes.

I thought about what it would be like to find the other half of myself, because that’s what they were- the other half to a creature’s whole. One did not fight without the other, one did not grieve without the other, and one did not love without the other. I wanted to feel that power and I wanted to connect with something in that way, even if I had to wait an eternity. However, before losing myself completely to the idea of bondmates and otherworldly blasphemy, I absentmindedly turned to face Aylin who now returned my curious gaze. Her words were soft and quiet and as shocking as it sounds- encouraging. I smiled warmly at her before once again succumbing to the doubt that often inhibited my reign. “I hope so.

OOC| I can't seem to get my "Thorflow" on... so crappy post.