the Rift

[OPEN] Star Flower [Andromeda]

Manami Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Manami

Luxurious and passionate colors spread themselves across the western horizon, casting the sand of the desert into a breath taking orange. Dark and pale lavender streaked the deep blue of the sky and lit up in flames into passionate reds. Although the coppery black mare had previously giving all of her attention to the many desert flowers that ringed around the oasis the display that the setting sun provided drew her gaze. One could not love such delicate beauty as the blossoms without also loving the death of daylight. Every color was both new and familiar with a name that came readily to mind without fully describing that particular shade.

Inhaling deeply Nami let out a contented sigh. She had not expected to find herself so completely happy in her new home and while she did miss her great cities and the towering pyramids of her birthplace the grace of the desert had completely swept her away. Of course she could always build something similar, but that would require some sort of magical advantage and recollecting the many seemingly pointless hours studying architecture. Shifting her mind off of that topic she returned her warm brown optics to the pleasure of viewing the setting sun alongside with many of the desert flowers closing their buds to protect themselves against the chill wind.

Finally the sun relinquished its hold on the earth and a dark twilight spread across the vaulted sky. The night was clear with millions of crystalline stars glittering in the dark indigo background. A cool wind brushed against her back and her wings opened slightly in response. Smiling she relented to the urge to loft herself up and fly between the still warm sand and the moon. Galloping, Nami's ebony wings unfurled and caught on a swirling updraft. Soon she was soaring effortlessly above the ground, her large wings beating lazily to climb slowly into the higher altitudes. Having no real purpose the femme simply flew were she wished, favoring simple motions over the acrobatics that she sometimes executed.

[ooc: Hurr you go! :)]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

A N D R O M E D A
daughter of the stars

If there were to be an elixir of eternity, of forevermore life, I should think it would look like this sunset so passionate and so beautiful, so gorgeous and glorious, a sumptuous, divine painting of ruby, gold, and sparkling ribbons of creamy clouds; lavender and violet, deepest blue around the very highest regions of the sky, as the world fades into night. There are many reasons I love sundown, when the yellow king of the day slips downwards to rest for a night, unable to hold off the darkness' growing strength; it signifies the end of the day, and the rising of my time; it signifies another day come and gone safely, without urgent threat upon our borders; it symbolizes a circle of life that turns forevermore. It is constant, even when days become short and nights drag out long. I fly, silhouetted sharp and dark against the gleaming rays of light of the dying eye, wings rustling as the desert turns blood red beneath the golden beams. The tips of my primaries, too, are edged finely in filigree gold and crimson, so unlike the normal, glossy darkness of regularity, or the softening colors of twilight and moonlight melting upon them, rounding the edges, so unlike the harshness and clarity brought by the falling sun.

Twilight was quick to take tonight, and so came the night on the bitter coldness of Orangemoon's disconsolate, frosted breath. I am kept warm by feathers luxurious and thick, but even so my eyes sting with the wind at them, even if it is but a light breeze. This twilight melts everything together it, a finger rubbing the line between day and night and sunset with a charcoal pastel. Everything is almost murky, all silver and soft shades of gray, and the lines of the lake and the murmuring ocean and the sand and the grass all run together into one great dusky shimmer.

On I still fly. I could live up here, I sometimes tell myself, with the beautiful of the wide open horizon untouched by great, looming mountains or tall thick trees. If there is one thing I love about the desert, it is the grand halls of the clouds and the great open horizon. The storms are mighty and perilous, most especially in these Orangemoon days, and I would not dare to risk them, but for most part, all is well. Even despite the colors whirling together, quickly sucked away by the twilight, I glimpse a shadow rising to the sky alongside me. I would have thought most would have landed, folded wings and began to graze for a snack before lids would drift shut and the foals would lie upon the grass under the careful eyes of loving mares. I make it my duty to know at the very least the names of all I am lucky to share this home with, and I do recognize her by face- but not by name. But I don't want to soar over to her, and so I refrain until night falls.

Yet still the mare flies, and so I decide it must be the gods wishing me to share my time of 'day' with her. I tilt my right wing, soaring downwards in a lazy banking motion, before pulling up a good wing-span away. Right now I am creamy-coated, dipped in moonbeams, and my wings glitter softly with the brightness of the full moon tonight. "I am Andromeda!" I call out quietly over the gentle wind I have stirred with my wingbeats. I say nothing more, but proffer her a warm, sincere smile.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Manami Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Manami

Although the night air was mercilessly cold and cutting Manami found herself reveling in it. Even during Orangemoon the desert was hot and sweltering and caused the ebony mare to all but go limp with exhaustion. So she spent most of her time around the oasis, napping under a stand of palm trees or taking a swim in the sapphire blue waters. It was in the early morning and beginning of the night when she was most active and she could see why some chose to become almost completely nocturnal.

The movement of another coming near caused Nami's optics to watch the lazy banking of the mare while a polite expression of welcome crept onto her face. If not for the light of the moon the coppery femme would not have been able to recognize the grey mare that now approached her. She had seen her around the Throat and assumed that she was one of her new herd sisters. Nodding a welcome, Manami shifted over slightly so that they could ride a lazy air current without having to put much effort into staying aloft. "I am Andromeda!" The subtle mare's tones were soft, but reached Nami's harks without a problem. Although Andromeda was not blessed with any significant markings Nami warmed slightly towards her. "Good evening. I am called Manami."

After exchanging names Nami flew in silence, not because she was being rude, but because she simply wanted to enjoy night flying. The dark hours are meant to appreciate the lack of sound and beauty of the majestic sand dunes turned silver under the light of a mercury moon. A contented smile lit on her features as she flew peacefully with a newly found herd mate.

[ooc: Bleh... :P]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

A N D R O M E D A
daughter of the stars

I wonder if the Moon Mother places all the stars in the sky herself, bestowing each sparkling light on its velveteen ebon shelf, or if she simply tosses her head, shaking her sparkling mane, and so they swirl out, celestial beings high above. It it what seems an infinite distance from me, yet so close, and my more curious side ponders the possibility of flying high enough to touch them, to feel their brilliance bursting, blossoming on my dark skin, crackling with the taste of lightning and ozone that makes the very night air spark. There is a terrible beauty of them, a savage brilliance. I cannot imagine they are simply gently floating orbs, shaped by caring hands and the goddess' imagination. There must be more, something that makes them outshine the legends on earth. Perhaps they are the legends of Loorien, unicorns and horses and pegasi immortalized in a different form, forever watching over us from their mighty perch in the empyrean cosmos. Would I reside in that divine realm when I passed, or would I be plucked from my life and tossed somewhere else. I cannot imagine myself being whisked away by the Earth God, to turn to stone slowly from age; nor quickened through time; the Sun God's heat would only burn and curl my feathers; but the Moon Goddess, surely she would care for me when I died.

Did the gods care for our deaths? I had heard of the ruins of the dark, chaotic island jutting out into the ocean, a rough-hewn bridge connecting it to the mainland; of desecrated shrines. But they could be so many causes. Surely the gods would not have shredded their own divine symbols on earth, nor torn them with vicious hands, or covered them with weeping flowers. I was certain there had to be another explanation. A trespasser- who had been quickly smited by their might, only the gods could not heal the wounds caused to them. It was an idea I preferred, but I could not deny that the gods had stopped answering the calls of my people, and of others, when the shrines were ruined.

Her name, drifting on a breath of wind, I catch with my ears, but I do not engage in tedious conversation, and neither does she seem to. Instead, we glide along so gracefully. Certainly I could become close to this mare, the one who seems to use words as little as I. But bonds cannot be forged solely on silence, either, but still I cannot quite bring myself to clear my throat and enter painful unaware words. Instead, I spiral upwards, wingtip brushing her neck faintly on the way should she not move, and laugh with a clarion voice, eyes sparkling. I do hope she will play with me, such a silly childish game- tag, I know- but even the simplest of things can bring two strangers together more than you would think. How rare is it for I to actually wish for company?

I glance downwards at her, a playful smile at my lips, and whisk upwards, higher into the starry sky.

Catch me if you can.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.