the Rift

A Song From the Deep [earth or water magic]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth

A deep, warm voice begins to echo from the cove of the waterfall. Almost as if the water itself had started singing at first, but soon the sounds began to fall into coherent syllables, and not just the chatter of an element. Heavy hooves could be heard walking along the rims, then. Beats like that of a drum also cascading off of the rocky surfaces to chime in a melody that touches the heart of the right listener.

"Come here my song
Of beauty in this land
The earth and the waters blend
And nature's beasts are friends,
"

The familiar baritone voice sings, calling to those who might find comfort in the earth. The great bay God stands upon the ledge, looking out over the drop for the waterfall, a broad smile on his lips. The Sun God's hatred had not touched his patron land, and for that he was glad. Still, his joy was not one that also held caution. Fire traveled quickly. However, for now, at least, his joy would be greeting the lovely inhabitants of Helovia.

"Sweet is the air
Where everything is shared
The wind spread out its warmth
Of brotherhood and love

Happy glow of faces we know
Fills the fantasy of life
Eyes so bright, that light up with love
Can only spring to life
From deep within
Our very soul,
"

The end of the song had not yet come, but the God ceases his words and switches to a merry hum, still loudly reverberating off of the rockface for all to hear. The God of the Earth has more than the gift of song to share.

[ Open to anyone seeking Earth or Water magic. Closes to participants on July 21st, 2012 11:59PM HST. ]

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
Keen ears caught the sound of singing, and recognized the voice. Excitement darted through the mousey-colored filly, and she immediately turned to scamper toward the song. She was old enough to be aware that the Foothills were first his land, but it was still such an odd occurrence for him to visit here that her curiosity with piqued.

Fleet hooves carried the filly to the waterfall clearing, where she stopped and gazed up in delighted wonder at the Earth God. She knew not how to reach him up there above the waterfall, though she knew by now most of the perilous paths through the more mountainous regions of her home. So instead she contented herself with watching him, ears tilted forward to catch the deep hum he produced. All the while she wondered what brought him here.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

The sound of someone singing had halted Ktulu's trip into the Foothills to visit her parents. She changed direction and headed toward the waterfall, hoping that the wind, rocks, and trees weren't bouncing the sound around and playing tricks on her ears. It was with pure delight that she set eyes upon the Earth God when she finally did make it to the waterfall. She was not the first one there, however. "Hello, Kimber." She offered a smile to the girl that she hadn't seen since her quest to fix her legs. Ever since then she had been meaning to go back and thank the Earth God.

What better time was there than now, however?

"Excuse me." She tried to get as close to the rock face as she could and still be able to see the Earth God. She wondered if he'd remember her and what he'd done for her so many months ago. She'd changed a lot in her appearance since then. "Earth God?" She blinked, her ears tilted back before moving forward again. "I don't know if you remember me. You fixed my legs for me when I was a foal. I wanted to say thank you again."

Icon by Tay

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His call had summoned her. The savage carried fresh scars on her hide from the rampage of the sun within the Edge, but they were forgotten as she strode closer. These lands were unfamiliar to her, she did not mingle with the hornless and blood-traitors that lived here, rather despised them actually. The barbarian was religious in her own way, not a slave of prayer but a believer in the gods’ favor, and the earth was the element that she was bound to. Korra knew very well that the rest of her herd more or less worshipped the Moon God, but that never set right with her; earth was a part of her and had always been.

Therefore, as the savage halted below the waterfall, her gaze was directed firmly at the aforementioned God. She took no notice of the others that were there, they meant nothing to her; if they upped and disappeared, she would be most pleased. The barbarian remained quiet, for she was not one for flattery or chit chat, and she knew the God would be aware of her devotion without empty words. This place reeked of hornless and she did not care to stay here for a moment longer than she had too. Uncomfortably, she shifted in her place. Being around strangers was not something she enjoyed, so she refused to look their way. She was here for more important things that socializing.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Kiara
Red Roan Blanket Appalossa | 2 Years Old | Equine | Appaloosa x Quarter Horse

She moves swiftly, almost gracefully. Her time in Helovia had made Kiara stronger. No longer was she the battered half alive young fem. Now she was stronger and ran with confidence in her step. What made this change in her you may ask? The Qian. Two simple words that made up the name of a group she had pledged herself to. Was she still frightened of stallions.... OH HELL YES. But From the meeting there were plently of good stallions that knew Mirage and her little band.

This fact, and the fact she was running in the Foothills allowed the young red roan to run without fear for the first time in over a year. The herd leaders, well at the very least two of them were allies to the Qian among herd members as well. However once she had entered the Foothills a song had caught her attention. The voice.... well seemed very familer. It was a male voice, but not any normal male. Kiara sprinted fro mthe boarder following the sound closely. Her hooves pounded into the earth below. It was not until she neared the waterfall that she slowed her pace. Three others had arrived before her, two had the strangest looking thing attached to thier heads.... Of this Kiara did not speak as other members of the Qian had them as well. Instead she moved forward looking to the God of the Earth curiously, listening intently to his song. She offered a smile and a nod to all three... but shifted closer to the young dove and filly closer to her age.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The God of the Earth

The God of the Earth smiles at the first sight of the colt, who he remembered meeting along with Ktulu, also close on his heels. A broad smile plays on his features from the rim up above, a warm expression that would put anyone at ease. "Kimber," he says brightly, a chuckle in his voice as he speaks. "And Ktulu." The God's eyes crinkle around the edges, even though his green eyes speak of a vibrant youth that belie his age.

"I am glad to see your legs healed well, my child," his voice calls down the cavern, sending a playful splash of water from the falls toward her, an ease from the heat. "I am sure you will grow into a strong warrior to match your great heart."

His eyes fall then below to he unicorn who had approached. While he could tell she looked to him appreciatively, there was a hatred in her eyes he did not particularly care for. The scent of the woods told he she had traveled from the Edge, the land that only unicorns were home to. It was odd, to have this one be so devoted to him while hating the other races his body also represented. Soft brown wings of immense span ride on his back, and the blood of an equine lived in his veins. How peculiar. "Hello, Korra," he calls below, looking at her with knowing eyes.

The last to arrive was an appaloosa mare, who watched him curiously. She was young, vibrant from what the God could tell from his perch above the falls. Certain that no more would find their way to the falls, the Earthen Father took a leap from above, falling easily amongst the cool waters of the cascade, and pounding his wings to bring him up on the ledge with those who had come. The large bay took several steps back to try and capture all of the equids in his warm gaze, including Korra who seemed to grow cooler by the minute.

Looking toward the appaloosa, the God smiles. "You must be Kiara," he says, a wink in her direction. The Earth God knew every heartbeat in Helovia, whether they knew he was listening or not. "How have you faired, children?" he asks, eyes scanning around the group with interest.

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Father Earth has wandered today to give them a gift, the others. I have followed behind at a distance, relishing in the sights and sounds of a place outside the Sacred Island. I fly, or attempt to fly, with my fledgling feathers starting to smooth out my wings. My white hide, despite the heat and dust flying through the air, remains untouched and clean. My ocean blue eyes cast about until I see the spot the Earth God has chosen. I think it is far north enough that I am in my Mother's homeland, but I am not sure for certain. I land a ways away from the gathered, but see they are mostly all mares. Despite my white and gold hide, my Ocean Eyes, and the fact that I know my muscles are starting to fill out my form, I find that I am a bit unsure how to behave...so I just stand quietly at his side.

Hidden Account
It wasn't long before others heeded the sound of singing, and Kimber turned to watch the others approach with interest.

The first to arrive was a familiar face, and pleasure filled the young grulla to see her. "Hi Ktulu. Its good to see you again." The unicorn smelled of dry air and southern plants, and she guessed that Ktulu was living down in the Throat, with the Tuuli. Which was... kinda surprising, considering that Kimber was aware that there were quite a few whom Ktulu cared for were here, in the Foothills. Well, to each their own, she supposed.

Next was an older mare with a deer's spreading rack as horns, who smelled of the Edge's forests. This mare ignored her and Ktulu, which made the yearling somewhat curious and somewhat irritated. Would it be so hard to spare an acknowledging glance or nod to others? Especially one of the ones who lived in the territory she was so blithely walking through in order to speak with the God?

But her irritation was short lived, expiring as soon as she caught a glimpse of another stranger. An equine this time, who smelled of the forests to the south. An outcast? Suiting, she guessed, that one of every calling answered the God of the Earth. A warm smile was offered in return to this one, and an approving note filed away.

Yet her attention was primarily for the God of the Earth. Her carriage grew a bit prouder, more pleased, when he spoke her name in greeting and remembrance. And she listened carefully as he spoke to the others. There was some surprise that fluttered to the surface when he named even the two she didn't know, and Kimber wondered when he'd met them. Or if he just knew their names without having manifested for them before, cause he was a God? That last one sounded the most accurate.

"Other than the heat, its been... alright, here. Everyone's been so quiet since it takes so much energy to do anything when the sun is in the sky." Her voice chimed in answer, before the others could voice their opinions. Hers was one that had been lingering in her mind for some little while. But there'd been no point to pestering the adults when even she'd been a victim of the heat on more than one occasion.

When she fell silent, a final figure caught her eye. Pale as the wispy clouds that lingered so briefly in the sky, he wasn't touched by even a single speck of dirt or dust. Curiously she peered at him, wondering why this stranger seemed... familiar. He was young, younger than her, and she couldn't recall seeing anyone like him in the Foothills or anywhere else for that matter. No one so white, not with wings.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Joy swelled within Ktulu's chest when the Earth God addressed her by name. It had been so long ago that she'd seen him that she had been scared he would have forgotten who she was. He even sent a splash of water over her to help cool her from the intense heat. She closed her eyes as it washed over her then smiled once more. "Thank you." she said before looking at the rest of the group that had crowded around them. A very feral looking unicorn that reeked of anger and hatred and a very timid equine.

"Hello." Ktulu said to the equine, very purposely ignoring Korra the way she had ignored everyone else since her arrival. "Why don't you come stand here with us? We won't hurt you." The poor mare looked so alone and scared standing there by herself. She had nothing to be scared of so long as she and Kimber were there along with the Earth God.

The appearance of a very white colt was somewhat unsettling. He had a build and color that was familiar but she couldn't recall seeing him anywhere around Helovia before, so she decided to just ignore it and think about it later. "The heat is terrible in the Throat." Ktulu said to the Earth God. "But as long as the grass continues to grow and there's water in the lake I don't believe I have much to complain about."

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

She was not surprised that He knew her name, she counted on it. Omnipresent deities have a habit of knowing everything, believe it or not. Therefore, she also knew that He was aware of her devotion, not to the ones that had gathered here, but to Him. More appeared, and she seemed quite out of place, being the only adult present. Korra wasn’t going to let it bother her; she just bowed her crania respectfully when He greeted her. She was aware that she was probably not his gentlest lamb, more like the wolf waiting to devour the other lamb, but she was His. The God of the Earth wasn’t only the god of unicorns, Korra knew as much, but he was also unicorn, just with a couple of extra features. Towards Him she was humble, not something that was characteristic for her in any other setting.

Her behavior towards the god never changed, but she did not particularly enjoy that two more hornless was added to their company. However, not a single twitch was allowed across her face, and she held her mask of cold indifference through the whole thing. The God joined them on the ledge, and Korra followed him with her eyes, stepping a little closer as she found herself oddly separated from the rest, but not too close of course. The other creatures told of misery and drought, but the savage was pretty certain she was the one who had gotten the harshest treatment of all. Her russet coat was only just growing back, bare patches of scarred, black skin still littering her frame. She had always been known to nick her skin every now and then, but nothing quite so severely all at once.

"As I am sure you know Father, my home was torched by the Sun God, and I along with it," she rasped in her dry voice, not fishing for sympathy and without sorrow in her voice; she was simply stating fact. The barbarian didn’t need these strangers to see how she felt, so she kept neutral, but on the inside she was a flaming sea of rage, hurt and frustration that she couldn’t do anything. That she was only a mortal, and that she had been struck down in her attempts to protect her brothers and their land. The Earth God would know how she felt, and that was all that mattered.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Kiara
Red Roan Blanket Appalossa | 2 Years Old | Equine | Appaloosa x Quarter Horse

Kiara looked startled as the God of the Earth spoke her name.... Sure she had gone to meet with them along with many other members on the Qian.... But him to know her name.... Wow... Slowly she edged forward closer to the others closer to her age. The older one seemed unfriendly, and with so many horns Kiara was nervous around her. It was then one of them, the one the God called Kutlu invited her closer. Greatfully she moved to stand next to them, growing slightly more confidant. Ears pricked forward as he asked how everyone was. Most agreed that the heat was an issue.... But they were surviving... The Older mare, Korra he had called her spoke of her home being burned by the God of the Sun. Kiara looked at her with saddness in her eyes.

Then it was Kiara's own turn to speak. She spoke softly "Even with the heat, here is better than where I come from. Once the Sun God is put back in his place.... I hope the heat will decrease..." Her voice was soft, her shyness keeping her quiet.. for the most part

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The skies are lovely today and the heat, which is all I've ever known, is slightly less than usual. I would say it is a good day for the birds are chirping and the water is running. There is even a slight breeze upon the air. This is why I must choke back a chuckle of laughter at the loud half-complaints which are issued when Father questions them as to the mares their states. They live not with I at the Sacred Island, but here, at the Continent with the other Creations. Why do they complain? There is no heat from the Earth's Fires and Brother Sun has not cursed them, he lets them live. Do they not know the strength of the vain Brother? He could smite them with naught but dust left in their hooves.

I sigh to myself, not aloud of course, as I think for not the first time that things would be easier if Father Earth would only tell them the goings on of the Gods Three. He has denied me thrice though, saying no good would come of such things, that they would still be no happier. I, personally, cannot see this logic. But alas, Father Earth knows more than I, small thing that I am, and perhaps his logic will be clear to me upon an older age.

The first to reply is a rustic colored mare. She has a sweet carriage, lacking greed, and replies kindly to Father Earth's words. Hers hold little complaint, though it is obvious she is unhappy. Still, I like her down-to-earth nature and honesty. She is good and when I see her notice me she seems curious. I am curious as to why though. Are there not Students of Sister Moon and even Vain Brother Sun as well? My pupiless blue orbs stare right back at her for a moment. Not rudely, just playfully, in a way. I shift my white and golden hide with the metallic blue wind swirl to watch the others as they speak. I become more amused and my eyes lighten a bit, their swirling depths speeding up as I listen. Perhaps, I think, it is not so much their words which entertain me, but their presence. I truly enjoy being around others, having lacked so much of it earlier in my growth.

The black and red one is next. She is much the same as the rustic one, but far less kind and far more feral. She seems to me like a bottled viper, barely restrained by the cage in which it travels. She is all molten fire and strength. I enjoy the vitality, but perhaps she has too much fire. Her reply is good though and my fluffy short mane bobs as I find myself smiling at her words. She is familiar, like me, but yet apart. Perhaps we share blood? The depths of my orbs swirl darker for a moment with concentration but quickly return to their happy, sky-blue state.

The odd looking Unicorn is nearly last. She seems cruel. She doesn't speak to the others, she reeks of hatred, and I find I clearly do not like her. My feathers fluff and my hide bristles. She should not treat the others so, Father Earth created them all, just as Sister Moon and even Vain Brother Sun. I really have become quite taken with calling the Sun vain. He truly is a vain being, and childish, for he should embrace any who inhabit his chosen land for they are in his charge. Father Earth says he should learn to become less concerned with the politics of the young and more concerned with his patronage. I agree with this and, though this mare has clearly suffered because of Brother Sun, she is not too far apart from him. She should be watchful she does not become him.

Lastly comes the quiet, unsure, mare. I smile at her, for she should have more confidence. She is fair of looks and sweet. Why so serious and unhappy? I wonder at the replies for a moment before I steal a glance over at Father Earth. I want to speak, I hope he won't mind. I'm still so unsure of social protocols and whatnot, but I can't help but want to make a joke and see them giggle, or try at least.

My voice is just beginning to turn deeper, a tinge of mystic mixed in with joy, but I raise it in a happy manner with a bit of a wink, "If you think this is hot, you all should try living in the Sacred Island with the lava, haha" I say with the bellowing chuckle I seem to have picked up from my Mentor. "Though, I must admit, Brother Sun's actions have, indeed, made living just about anywhere as hot as the Veins." I finish with a smile. My body language is happy and kind and I look over at Father Earth, hoping that I'd done well. He really was going to have to give me some social lessons sometime soon.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The God of the Earth

He knew of the heat. Above them the sun shines with radiant heat, a constant reminder that the Sun God is angry. We must never forget, his pain is our pain. Selfish brother, when will he ever learn? the Earth God thinks sorrowfully to himself, as all of his children chime in to express their troubles with the heat. Occasionally, his summer rains could break through the shining rays, but even those few storms were not enough to cool the earth, to restore life. It was painful to watch his children suffer so, but the God kept a strong face on for his followers here.

"Daughter Korra," the Earth God says, his voice quiet yet still warm, his green eyes falling on the torched frame of the unicorn after she speaks. Guarded eyes, guarded posture. "There is no need to hide the extent of your injury from me or our company. Your strength will not be questioned." He was not simply speaking of the burns that every eye could see, but the toll it might have taken on her psyche. With gentle hooves from the giant stallion, he steps forward to the frame of the unicorn. Dipping his head toward her, water begins to flow from his eyes, like a stream of tears, that glisten and float in the air toward the body of Korra. Little droplets shining in the sunlight, making their way through the space to land on her healing skin, touching the scars and soothing their pain. The charred layers of skin peel and slough off her body, leaving pink, fresh skin in its place.

"Though I cannot as easily fix the painful gash in your homeland, I hope my healing is a blessing for you."

The Earth God looks to Eios next, smiling at his joke. A child of truly kind spirit, attempting to lighten the mood of the strangers gathered before him. A fake scoff, followed by a slight laugh, is given in response. "Eios, my son," he says, his voice still carrying the hint of a chuckle. "I did not know you found our home to be so uncomfortable." Father Earth gives a wink to his mentor before turning his attention back to those gathered around.

"As Kiara knows, I can do nothing to vanquish the heat until Tallsun reaches its end," the Earth God says, his voice, normally so jolly, taking on a serious note. "Do not despair. I have not abandoned you. Your lives are precious to me, and I will offer the protection and aid I can." A great smile breaks on the black lips of the Earthen bay, his face taking back its normal nature of happiness.

"You will be blessed later in life, Ktulu," the God says mysteriously, looking at the filly, nearly grown, with something knowing in his eyes. "As for you, Kiara," the God says, taking pause to allow a strange necklace, seemingly made of liquid pearls, to appear around her neck. "These pearls will protect you from the fires that my brother might summon. They will only last until the end of the season, but I hope they serve you well."

Turning to Kimber, the Earth God speaks again, a playful little grin in his eyes as well as his face. "I will bless you, my daughter, with a magic ability of your choosing."

Hidden Account
Heat. It was the common theme in all their tales. Heat and fire. But not all was negative. No, only Korra spoke with a dark edge, speaking of the Sun God's wrath and forests burned. It horrified Kimber to think of it. Her blue eyes flickered to the trees that cast their shadows behind her and marched downhill from her hooves. What if the same should happen here? Ktulu and Kiara spoke with some degree of hope and optimisim. But the pale winged colt spoke up at last, and spoke with sarcasm and a familiarity of the Veins that confused Kimber. Her ears quirked back and forth as she stared at him. Who was this, and why did he seem so familiar with the gods?

But her attention couldn't linger on him for long, for the God of the Earth's presence was much more compelling. Especially after each of them had made their statements and he stirred from his pose of listening. Attentively she listened and watched as he turned toward Korra, speaking with calm compassion before he moved closer and bent his head toward her. Bemused curiosity had the filly slipping closer a step to better see his magic. Wondering as water spilled from his eyes as tears would, but they didn't fall against the dry rock as normal tears would, to evaporate nearly the same moment they touched the ground. Instead they floated to the unicorn. Where they touched her wounds healed, the burned skin falling away to reveal healthy skin beneath. It was fascinating to watch, though she already knew he could heal with the ground, Ktulu was proof of that. But this was more extravangent.

After, the Earth God looked to the pale colt, and put a name to him. Eios. There was humor between them, and Kimber watched questioningly even as she contemplated the God's usage of 'my son'. Was that literal, or figurative? She couldn't tell, though it was confirmed that this Eios lived amongst the gods. Again, she wondered anew. Who was he?

Her ears twitched as the Earth God spoke again to them, his voice grown solemn. Her gaze lifted to him again with understanding. "Mother mentioned this..." She murmured quietly, remembering the elder grulla's tale of the foray to the Veins that the Qian and their allies, the ladies of the Foothills amongst them, made to the Veins. Of what Moon and Earth had to say. It upset her though, to know that a season meant to be one of steady growth and ease, if warm, had become one of death. Perhaps the coming of Orangemoon and its rains would renew the land, green the grass and revive the other plant life. They and the other animals would need it, should they want a survivable season of cold at the other end of the spectrum.

Brightness returned to the Earth God's features and voice as he continued on, rousing Kimber from her uncharacteristicly dark thoughts. There was fresh confusion as she peered toward Ktulu, ears quirking outward. What did he mean by that? Then he spoke to Kiara, and Kimber's attention veered to the spotted roan just in time to watch the peculiar necklace form around the other's neck. It reminded the little grulla of her own necklace, but much different. More so when the Earth God continued on to explain their properties. Magical, but short lived.

At last, the Earth God looked to her. Kimber returned his gaze, ears flicking sharply forward as she saw his grin. But she wasn't expecting him to tell her what he did. Surprised, her jaw slackened slightly and her ears tipped back. Vaguely it registered that he referred to her as 'daughter' as she processed this surprise. Then her composure returned and she leaned forward. "I would like to have water magic, but I do not know what sort of form it should take." Really, she hadn't ever expected to have some sort of magic like her mother or brother did. Yes, she knew that Smoke had quested for her control over her namesake, the reasons why and the consequences thereof. Knew that Ricochet had been born with his. But to be gifted with magic from a God, without having to ask anything? It was almost too good to be true. All she knew was that she wanted to help fight the heat in some way, and water was a precious commodity these days.

Then her gaze moved toward the others who'd come here. "I'd like to invite you all to visit whenever you'd like. I know we in the Foothills have it a bit better than the rest of those in Helovia, and its only fair that we share it." Not that she needed permission to do this, no. Just let her mother and the other leaders and the warriors know. "Just so long as you don't cause any mischief, of course." This she added with a grin, but was really an afterthought prompted by the memory of the herd's rules of tolerance. The warning would help. At least a little.

((Would specifically like the ability to control water into taking the form of animals. Will take the form of either two ferrets or a fox, and be affected by climate and season she's exposed to.))

Unregistered

Her ears flicked forward as her God addressed her, and she dipped her head slightly as a sign of gratitude. The savage listened and nodded in understanding of what He said, but she didn’t change her cold façade. These strangers had no right to know a damn thing about her; she would be the judge of that. Korra was a hardened little barbarian, a bit of burnt flesh wasn’t the worst she had gone through – the worst part had been the frustration and the helplessness, being unable to do anything to avoid the attack on her home. She snorted silently, didn’t want to think about it. It was in the past now.

As he suddenly stepped closer, she raised her cranium in slight surprise, but otherwise stood motionless. As the healing liquids began to engulf her, she felt relieved; the tight, scarred hide was immediatelty replaced by fresh, pink skin. D’Artagnan had done a good job with the initial healing, but his strength was nowhere near as grand as that of the Earth God. When He spoke and stepped back, she bowed to him in thankfulness. "Thank you, Father," she rasped, looking upon him once more. "I must leave. I have obligations to tend to elsewhere," the savage spoke in her hoarse voice, a hint of humility in the tone as she withdrew to the shadows of the forest and left the gathered before another word was said.

[Korra out]