the Rift

61455 [Aaron]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
[Ink asked Lace to make him a faux amulet in this thread: Hand Dandy Lies.
Lace instructed Ink to find 2 gemstones from Helovia's Heart, so he did in this thread: Goldmining, or something]

I make my way towards Aaron once the meeting has dispersed, even following him if he starts to meander off himself. I know Lace liked to huddle in a particular corpse of trees which he had bent to his will, but to my knowledge Aaron had not that gift, so I wonder where he will call his crafting table.

I have need of his recently given talents, the ones pertaining to glass. Lace has been absent lately it seems, likely shaken up by his close brush with death, who can blame him. Yet I still have need of the glazier, any glazier, to finish the project I started last season.
I had explained it to Lace once - I hope Aaron can just as easily understand.

I shift to stand before the painted youth, dipping my head in silent greeting. I proffer him a small smile in congratulations of his new title. I think he will wear it well.
I drop my head low then, until my nose touches the ground, and deposit two gemstones. One was a brilliant red, the other a gentle blue. I had toiled in digging for them, or really, Kaj had done most of the grunt work, but I had gathered them as Lace requested. Two he had asked for, though I think he needed only one and wanted a second for reserves, which doesn't bother me. I gained more from that venture than I had expected, as a green emerald was tucked safely in the mass of my tail. A true amulet, nestled in the rocks of that fiery pit - I hoped it would keep me safe on my journey to the Throat.

As I deposit the two gems I take a step back, head rising and tail with it. From the tips I pour our my black ink, crafting a dark amulet on a chain, and letting it drift towards Aaron, to adorn his neck if he would let me. The drawing would splatter to the ground then, and I let my eyes drift back to my two stones.
I want a fake amulet, dear glazier, will you craft it for me?
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

It did not take long for Aaron to realize someone was following him. He paused, Alanna of course looking at him curiously as the black stallion Ink slipped in front of them both. He nods his head in greeting and Aaron does the same smiling warmly to the herd's Spectre. If it had not been for Ink the roan girl Kiara would not of been freed so easily, the least he could do was listen to the stallion's wishes. He watches as two gemstones fall from the dark knight's mouth, holding perfectly still as he uses a magic Aaron had never seen before. So this was how he communicated? brown eyes never left the painter as he drew a chain necklace... Did he want this crafted out of glass? He had to or he would not of come to Aaron. The newly appointed Glazier could only assume that Lace had started this craft, sending Ink to find the gemstones.

The paint stood, thinking for a few moments while Alanna stretched and moved about. The pup curiously moved forward to check out their herd mate while her bonded decided if he would complete the task. She returned to him as Aaron sighed heavily. "I will make your chain, but it will have to wait until the wall of protection is finished. I am sorry that you have had to wait so long, and now even longer... But I feel with the threats Mirage shared I can not afford to use the magic unless it is for the wall." Aaron frowned and Alanna whined softly, almost pleading for her bonded not to be sad. Aaron hated telling Ink no, but for now he had to focus on what the herd needed over one individual.

"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
He comes soon enough, but it is not with good tidings he brings. The pleasant expression upon my face, overjoyed he seems to have understood me as easily as Lace, begins to drift towards one of crestfallen disappointment. When I first spoke with Lace about this item he had never mentioned being unable to craft it for the sake of spending all his time and energy on something else. Yet, I must remind myself, though these are horses of the same trade they are not the same horse.

Lace had made armor I know, but had never spoke of a wall. Of course, Aaron was right, we had some newer, real threats facing us while Lace had been tinkering in an era more akin to peace. I had always considered Lace a busy horse, but it would seem Aaron proved even more so, too busy to even spare a moment to make a small chain and shape my gems into their amulet form. I frown, feeling slighted that I couldn't even be given this one small modicum of effort, but I understand. Truly, I do, but understanding is not always the same as accepting.

His pup whines and I feel very much like doing the same, but otherwise her meager sympathy does not move me. I keep my gaze level on her master - I have never taken much interest in companions, odd as that may seem for a lonely soul as I. In looking at Aaron I search for any trace of fouler emotion. Did he see that my heart questioned his loyalty and now he punishes me with this refusal?
No I think, angry at myself for being so childish. He does regret his lack of assistance, though not enough to help, but regret it he does. This is not an act of spite and I should forgive him for doing only what he should, protecting us and obeying the DragonHeart.

I sigh heavily, easily showing my frustration as I turn with a curt nod and disperse back into the foliage.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.