the Rift

A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

The unicorn was a fool, a worthless, idiotic fool. Madyrn shivered, though it was not from fear, as he would have her think. It was from anticipation, from the overwhelming need to crush, kill, destroy this threat that had made herself known throughout Helovia. It would be better to extinguish her now, to exterminate this pest before it had a chance to grow into a large colony of annoying stinging ants - easily squashed when on their own, but more resilient when multiplied.

Madyrn stood before her, his hulking form a horse's length away from her, facing her and her horned crown. They were in the Threshold still, the whereabouts of his brother off to his left - hidden in the shadows of the surrounding forest. The whereabouts of the newcomer - he truly did not know, nor did he care. His focus was now trained wholly upon Ignita, drinking her every breath, pulling knowledge from the simple way in which she held herself.

Where were her weaknesses, so he could exploit them? Where were her strengths, so that he could turn them into weaknesses, and exploit them further? She held a horn upon her crown, and what did he have? Only his battle wits, his years of experience, and his cunning.

The ground they stood upon was loamy, littered with dry fallen sticks and leaves. They seemed to be in a small clearing of sorts, but the footing was still riddled with roots, and large trees loomed over them, creating dappled shadows across both the ground and their dark hides.

"You will fall today, Ignita." Madyrn's deep voice rumbled. "And when you do, you will never be allowed to rise again." Such was his confidence, he slapped a broad, menacing grin upon his lips, smugly baiting the mare to make the first move in this challenge, or else give in now, and save herself a beating.

[ 317 words.
This is an official challenge.
Madyrn is challenging Ignita as a stealth challenge. If he wins, Ignita becomes a Prisoner of the Edge.
Setting: Threshold, afternoon.
0/4 attack posts. ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Ignita Posts: 39
Banned
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 4
Pheonix
"Words were another sword for the man who wielded them well."

With dark blue orbs I focus on the two stallions, my warning seemed to had gone in one ear and out the other, as if they hadn't have even heard what I had said. I suppose I felt kind of bad, and anoyyed, I had come here only to recruite not to fight and when I had found a 'candidate' someone just had to interferrie, didn't they? They didn't even seem that they had walked in on a privert conversation, meant for two pairs of ears only, not four pairs. However these stallions had asked for a challange, and a challange they will have and if it's up to me, which ever one was man enough to face me, would be lying dead on the ground.

It appered the stallion who's front legs were half brown stepped foward to bring the challange to life whist the other stepped back into the shadows, for him I didn't care for but for the stallion infront of me I focus my narrowed eyes on him. He was brave, foolishly brave. He may have more experiance in life then I but he mostly likely had never focused even half of it on the art of murder where as I had and it had been perfeted thoughout four years of training and right now it would be put to the test.

What he didn't seem to realise is that I would show no mercey, no mercey what so ever and the fact that there was a portential Assassin watching I would make sure I showed her how a true warrior fought and how foolish these two stallions really were. Call it showing of if you wish but sometimes, you just can't help it.

I laugh pitifully at his words. ""Do you really think I will fall to the floor at your hooves?" A crafty grin grows on my maw and my neck arches, my blue orbs flickering dangerously with my horn directed at the stallions face. How I would love to stab him right in the head and gut him but he seemed to think he had a chance in this fight, and if he did he had under estimated me greatly. With a ear shattering neigh, I push of with my powerful and well muscled legs, up and forward, with my horn pointed directly at him. My front legs lift of the ground and my body springs forward, my horn aiming for his head or chest or, if he choose to move (if he had the brains for it) his side. Anywhere, I didn't care as long as I got a good stab, deep into his flesh. If I could of I would have charged towards him but I really didn't seem the point my legs were powerful enough the push me of strongly and deal a good blow if he didn't choose to move, let's hope he didn't. It would make my life a whole lot more easy.

"Talk talk talk".

[WC:493 | Summary: Accepts challenge, springs forward at him, aiming for his head/chest preferably but knowing he will move so she makes sure she pushes of far, sort of jumping, to try and get him anywhere on his body.]

Image Credits

Deceased
Whit

There was something about the way in which one's heart beat quickened when the likelihood of blood loss drew nearer, it caused all of his senses to fire at once. The orange eyes that were encased within his chiselled skull rolled to focus upon the unicorn, his ears slanted so that her words were muffled (though he still heard them). He aimed to block out all other distractions, to maximise his senses that would aid him here, to ready his body that was battle hardened.

This assassin was young still, he could see it in the way she held herself, the way wrinkles did not form around her eyes or her maw. His façade was wrinkled, yes, but each delicate fold held a lesson, a memory, a tale of triumph or misery, and always by the side of his brother. He was alone now, but that would not hinder him - how many countless hours had he spent sparring against his brother? Testing new moves against each other, forever changing the location, the time of day, forever setting new challenges against each other.

Ignita had a lifetime of practise. So did Madyrn. And his lifetime was quadruple hers. And he had a built in sparring partner in his twin. It would take more than her advantage of an extra appendage growing from the centre of her charred crown to knock the stallion down.

Laughter, sounding much like the savage growling of a rabid dog, rumbled within the chest of the stallion, as he registered her words, and saw her preparing to move. She was quick on her feet, he would give her that much, but she was predictable. But of course a unicorn would employ her one advantage, the built in sword upon her crown. It was the method which she chose to use it that amused Madyrn so. She declared for all of the Threshold to hear her intentions, wasted time rising upon her haunches to pat the air with her forelegs, before actually charging towards him, horn poised, ready to pierce his flesh.

He was no idle stallion, however, Madyrn was restless even on a quiet day, hyperactive from a life spent constantly on the move, named for the subtle shadows that his mother orchestrated, but behaving far more like the unpredictable and deadly flames that his father was known for. As she rose into her rear, Madyrn shifted his weight, to the right, angling himself so that it was his left shoulder the mare now charged for.

He did not stop there, however, he knew all too well the pain and detriment to his body a stab from a unicorn's horn could do - memories of Deimos washed through his crown - and so he continued to push himself forward now, dropping his crown low so that his chin was at equal level with his knees, taking his head out of the line of metaphorical fire, grunting as he felt the collision of the mare's glass horn scrape along his left shoulder blade. His motion had altered the angle of her original intentions of stabbing him into something that was mostly deflected by the taut, bony portion of his shoulder, but still the horn was driven with enough force that he felt an old scar, where Deimos had left his mark, reopen.

The wound was not nearly as deep or damaging as it had been at the invasion, however, instead it was more of a shallow gash tracking across the skin of his shoulder, one that would ache more later than it did now, one that would remind Madyrn of its presence with every stride he took now in this challenge. The stallion grit his teeth, continuing to push himself forward, to use the powerful hindquarters lent to him by his heritage.

He forced laughter to slip past his lips again, crazy, manic laughter, as he tumbled forward. With his crown still low, he took a large bounding stride away from his original position, and struck out with both hind feet to attempt to make a strike at where the slimmer mare was last seen, hoping to catch her off balance in the wake of her attack against him, hoping to hear the sound of her body falling to the ground as his hooves collided with her head, or her left shoulder , where he could proceed to beat her, never to rise again. Perhaps a root, hidden beneath the dried leaves, would help him - he could always hope.

The motion of bucking tweaked that fresh, bloody injury, and his cranium snapped upwards in reflex to it, eyes rolling about, the whites evident around their edge, attempting to track the motion of this dark horned wench, who would bow to him before the day was out.

[ 800 words.
1/4 attack posts. ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Banned
Pheonix

Inside I was laughing at the stallion. He didn't seem to know what the word 'Assassin' even meant. It meant that I was a killer and could, and would, kill without hesitation. Whether it would be bloody and brutal or quick and almost painless I didn't care. All I cared for is that they were killed without one chance of escaping, not that they ever did have chance anyway. Maybe I was trying to kill this foolish stallion in front of me, I know I wouldn't mind killing him, but I would like to waste my energy on someone worth it. This stallion was just not worth it at all.
But I would fight anyway, and although I didn't plan to kill him, I would still beat the shit out of him and teach him a well needed lesson. He had no chance what so ever. There was an obvious age different and his mind was not as fresh as mine, his bones were more worn then mine and my senses were sharper, plus I was full of energy, and each advantage tally up, the odds in were my favor and the old stallion would soon be seen stumbling back to the edge, aided in walking by his brother who would be laced with concern for his cut and bruised brother.
I had fought many and I knew that most horses had at least sparred once in their life time and I was guessing this stallion was no different. As I had expected he had shifted his position so that my horn was aiming for his left shoulder. Hopefully a hit would land and then, if at one point he had the chance to rear, it would make it extremely painful for him to thrash his legs about to kick me and, with the thought just passing though my head, I felt my horn scrapping the skin of the stallion and eventually pierce the skin and drawing a red line on him. Although it was not deep, it was enough to satisfy me. For now.
My dignity rested on this fight. It was the first challenge I had fought in this land and I was going to make it rememberable, for him and for others. To let others know that I would not back down from a fight and that I would come out grinning slyly and victorious, whether my victim was dying or not, and if not, they would know never to underestimate me again. It was a chance to show the edge who, and what, they were up against, a chance for them to rally there troops and hope to survive. God they needed hope, and they needed a lot of it. And with my ambitious thoughts dancing round in my head I fight on, knowing that I needed to win this.
Out the corner of my eye I traced every move the stallion made as I galloped a stride forward. When I saw him almost stumbling forward an almost cocky smile slaps onto my face. It felt good to see the stallion stumbling in pain. It was only a small wound though, I knew he could easily strike back and he had. His back legs kicked out and slammed just behind my shoulder. They weren't fully extended though and didn't hurt as much as it could of but I knew I would be left with some bad bruising, not that it mattered to me much, the pain wouldn't restrict my abilities in anyway.
Now all I had to do was plan my next attack but, with being a Assassin, it had already been planned from the time his hoofs came into contact with my shoulder. Coming to a halt right behind him, straight after the contact with his hooves, I keep my front hooves on the ground whist my rump whips round, my head turning at the angle of the stallion's side. Then I threw my weight back on my back legs and lift the front half of my body in the air, attacking the air with my front legs, wanting to meet him in the air, face to face, or slam my hooves down on his body. My shoulder was thumping mildly as I thrashed my legs in the air but I that his cut would be hurting more then just my bruise.

"Talk talk talk".

[WC:727 | Summary: Get's kicked by his back leg's just behind her shoulder. Turns round to his side and rears, aiming to slam her hooves down on his back.]

Image Credits

Deceased
Whit

He wasn't quite sure how it happened, but suddenly the bitch was standing up in front of him.

The last place he left her was behind him, he had felt the reassuring thud of his hooves hitting her side, but it seemed even fools had luck, for while he had struck with the power of both hindlegs, she had suffered merely a bruise. Frustration immediately set in - it didn't take much for Madyrn - as he pushed a snort from his nostrils in a huff of short surprise at her quick moves.

Perhaps he had underestimated her. He wouldn't do so again.

Tucking his head swiftly down once more, he felt his chin bump against his bulging pectoral muscles, as he eyes tracked her rising motion, he took another swift, light step to the right, angling himself so that she was once again aiming for his left side. It would hurt like a bitch when he completed this move, but he was prepared for the pain, his teeth already grinding in anticipation.

He didn't come up with these ideas on the spot - with the years of battle he had seen, there wasn't much that could surprise him in the way of attacks - the way to react to this one was simple. He could either run away from it, miss it completely, or alternatively, he could use the precarious position this 'assassin' had placed herself in to his own advantage. He grinned to himself - it was obvious, at least to himself and his brother, which choice he would make.

She was of lighter weight than him, something that gave her a clear advantage when it came to fancy footwork - which she had demonstrated here now. But she wasn't that much lighter than him, and any horse placed themselves in a vulnerable position when they decided to take their forefeet off the ground, and rely entirely on the powerful, but not necessarily perfectly steady hindfeet.

Madyrn moved towards the mare now, his previous step away taken only to prevent her horn from happening to give him another scrape on its way up, but now that she was in the air, he ducked quickly to his left - bracing himself for the impact of her hooves he would surely feel, as he attempted to drive the point of his shoulder into the underside of her barrel, the ultimate aim to knock her off balance, to the ground.

There was a theme going on here.

Knock her down, crush her skull into the dirt where it belonged. Madyrn was akin to an efficient bulldozer, happily hoping to destroy everything and all in its path without a second thought.

He felt her hooves crash down upon his back, mostly upon his left side, though the odd paw did scrape across his spine, and they hurt about as much as he expected them to. He grunted with the effort to maintain his forward momentum into her thrashing legs, driving with his hind feet, keeping his head tucked and tilting his muzzle slightly towards her, to his left. While he was there, his lips pulled back, and yellowed teeth tried to snap at the tender flesh upon Ignita's left flank.

He did hope she fell down soon, he was not looking forward to when the rush of battle wore off, to the time when he must eventually sleep, and the stiffness and pain settled in from this effort. For now, the throbbing was constant, but he knew it had been coming, and would not regret his decision in the least should it prove fruitful to his desires of seeing this wretched creature destroyed once and for all.

[615 words.
2/4 attack posts]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Banned
Pheonix

Even the best of the best make mistakes sometimes but if he thought my mistake would ruin my chances in this fight then he was wrong yet again.

From the moment my hoofs had left the ground I knew I had made a mistake but luckily I knew how to strike back and I would strike back with even more determination then ever. It made me angry I had even given him a good chance at knocking me over and that just made me want to smash his head in the ground even more and rub his brains (or what there was of a brain) onto the dusted ground of littered twigs. Then maybe some predator will come and finish him of and leave scattered bones to mark the death of the stallion. That's was how he should look.

But there was no way in this fight it would come to that, no matter how much I wished for his life to end like that because of me. I had made to big a mistake for it to end like that but I would come back from that mistake and triumph, even if it didn't end in his death. I had expected him to ram into me, but I hadn't expected him to be able to turn his body that fast and ram into me. My eyes narrowed from above as I saw the bulky stallions quick direction change and with gritting teeth I immediately rethink my plan. I feel my hoofs crashing down on his left shoulder, perfect. The more pain he felt the better. But it wasn't long though until I felt his right shoulder ramming into me, just as I had expected.

This was when my training helped me a great deal. When he rammed into me I was already on my descent down, which is why my hoofs had scraped against him, and I had made sure that I was leaning forward slightly so that it would be harder for him to shove me down on the ground. I grit my teeth as I felt his jaws clamp on my flesh at my flank but it was all part of my plan. Just like a fight I took part in when I was a foal, I bent my back legs, as if I was about to stumble down but then with a sudden burst of energy my legs push up and I twist my body round.

The bad thing about this move was that my back legs stumbled on the ground, like I was a sitting cat and it also gave him some time to bite at my rump but the good thing was that I hadn't fallen completely and I could regain my standing position with him in good aim of my back legs. I said I would come back from my mistake and I had, with kicking hoofs. I had been only sitting like a cat for a second or so and soon enough I had gathered enough energy to throw my legs back up and hopefully knock him under the jaw or at his neck. My flank was throbbing and I could feel blood trickling down but it wasn't going to stop me from kicking up at him with great force.

I told you I would strike back, didn't I?

"Talk talk talk".

[WC:557 | Summary: Is bitten on the flank, twists her body round by propelling her legs up and round but her back end stumbles however she lifts her back legs up with a bucking kick.]

Image Credits

Deceased
Whit

It was his left shoulder that connected with the side of her barrel, and though he was in a world of pain that brought tears to his eyes and blurred his vision for a moment, he grinned as he felt the satisfying connection. Yes, he triumphed to himself, still pushing with all his might to use the mare's imbalance against her. He wondered at how she managed to hold her ground as well as she did, being lighter than he and in a precarious position, he thought himself far stronger than her, certainly he would have been able to knock her to the ground with this move?

Apparently not.

As he felt the shift of her body away from him, he grew gleeful for a moment, grinning broadly in triumph, before realising that she had managed to regain her footing beneath her and scramble away. In the step she took gather herself Madyrn's head dropped down before swiftly snapping up, as the tension across his back and shoulder came into sharp, shooting focus and sent pain coursing up and down his spine. With his cranium so high, the kick that Ignita then made collided with the plump pectoral muscles that made up his chest.

Pain crackled across his chest like wildfire, and for a second the stallion was stunned between the pain crippling him from two many directions - his back, his shoulder, his chest, - he would later think he was fortunate to still have his legs working, and his head still in one piece, but right now, the pain only infuriated him, igniting a haze of rage within him. Blinking back the tears that sprung to his eyes, the stallion did not hesitate beyond that second of painful shock before retaliating.

There was no thought process now. Instincts driven by pure lust for blood took over. The stallion became a beast, a machine, a predator set on its prey. A madman's laugh choked its way out of his muzzle as he powered forward now, his brother watching thoughtfully from the sidelines, thanking the lords that his brother's legs were at least still in one piece, as well as his head. Maskan knew what was coming. Ignita was not aware of the true power of Madyrn, the blood that the brothers shared, the fury that was only ever loosely contained within this steed named for shadows but burning like a flame.

Her kick left bruising across his shoulder, and made his gait uneven - which would have been noticeable if he was trotting a perfect circle. However, right now, he was simply charging forward, a scramble of legs powering on, it didn't matter to him how they did it, only that they did it, and fast. He bolted towards the area where he saw her hooves retreating, and then took a leap, striking out with his forelegs at her hocks, hoping to disable, crush, destroy the joint and render the mare a cripple.

Simultaneously, he reached out with his teeth once more, hungry, thirsty to taste her blood once again, as any predator would be. As he was poised behind her (the last time he checked), he hoped to bite down with his vice-grip jaws at her left buttock, but there was always the chance her tail would sweep in his way and he would get nothing but a mouthful of hair. He could feel his heart pounding in the ears that were slicked back along his skull, as the pain across his chest throbbed, ached, reminded him constantly of its presence.

Blood probably dripped down his shoulder, but the beast was too preoccupied, too consumed by the rage, the battle, the lust for having the opportunity to make this engagement a kill. Hooves dug into the earth below, as he braced himself for an impact he hoped would come, behaving much like an out of control bulldozer flattening an obstacle that was interrupting his otherwise perfect landscaping. It was time to do some weeding, time to put those years of training towards good, for his family, for the Qian, but most importantly, for himself.

[ 686 words.
3/4 attack posts. ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Banned
Pheonix

A mad laughter enters my ears and the atmosphere changes, it was as if this once cold and collected stallion had turned into a mad predator.
When I had stumbled and fallen onto my rump with him behind me I had stumbled badly but I suppose it was better then falling completely. My kick up, to regain my standing position as well as kick him, had used up quiet a bit of energy but yet again, it was another move I had to do if I wanted to stand quickly ad try to cut down the time he had to lash out at me with his jaws. I felt my legs collide with his chest. It was a satisfying move but that was when the mad, cackling laughter of the stallion had got past his jaw and out in the open to fill my ears which had fall even further back to my neck at the sound of his laughter. He had laughed like it before and each note of his laughter brought along new feelings about him. He's a bloody maniac!

The beast inside him had been unleashed. I didn't know what he was going to do and I could only hope that with cunning and quick moves I could escape his mad wrath, not that I doubted myself one bit. I could defeat him. I would defeat him. I suspected he would try to do whatever damage he could to me now even if it meant half killing me (he would probably enjoy that), but that was one thing the beast would or could never do, he may have it his heart but he just didn't have the brains. I could feel the blood trickling down my flank where the skin had been tore from and where his hooves had slammed on my side was starting to show with a slight bruise but I knew that the bruise would be still be growing by the time this fight was done with and he was defeated. That was when I could rest, not now, not at this moment, I couldn't risk hesitation.

My hooves descend quickly. On my right leg I feel the scraping of a hoof which only rubbed the skin into a sort of friction burn but on the other leg, at my hock, an agonizing pain surges though as his hoof hits just the right stop. I wince, my eyes blurring with water slightly but I totally refuse to let even one tear roll down my cheek. I grunt, quiet high pitched, as the hoof clapped with my hock but I swallowed down hard, not allowing any other pain filled noise to rise up and spill out my mouth. I refuse to let him see I am weak. My left leg, the injured on, is the last to land on the ground simply because I knew the pain would be throbbing.

When my right leg slams down on the ground I immediately start to turn round to the left, my head arched dangerously so that when ad if I managed to get round to his left shoulder it would be at the perfect height to re-stab the cut already there. While turning I had managed to keep my left leg of the ground for a tiny big longer and I took care to make sure it landed as lightly as it could but it was still a murderous pain that I would have to deal with till the end of this fight. I force myself to forget the pain as I try to spin my body round as fast as I could, only managing to stumble slightly with my back left. When I had turned my tail had flicked round my rump so that the stallions attempt to bite me again had missed, with just his lips brushing against my rump.

I was set on spinning my body round to dig my horn into his skin again at an angle on his left shoulder, where I had already cut him. I wanted to cause the bastard maximum pain for doubting my skills and underestimating me as a Assassin. I wanted him to feel my blade slice against his skin and for him to regret challenging me, for him to regret he even met me and for him to regret he even lived. I wanted him to regret his whole life because one day, it was going to end with him in a bloody heap but whether he knew that yet I didn't know. Which is a shame, because I did.

"Talk talk talk".

[WC:764 | Summary: One hock is hit, the other scraped, resulting in a very close to broken hock. His bite misses and he would most likely get a mouthful of hair. She turns tightly round to his shoulder, aiming to stab him again.]

Image Credits

Deceased
Whit

Madyrn was like one of those robots that had malfunctioned, with flailing limbs and a voice that shouted a warning to all: crush, kill, destroy. His 'off' switch was only found when his enemy fell, there were no troubleshooting options, not when he was this far gone into his rampage. Maskan sighed from the sidelines, wondering what damage his beloved brother would reap, upon himself and his foe. He had to contain himself on the sidelines, to fight to urge to school his brother to see past the rage that drove him. But there was no point, no real use to it - Madyrn's greatest ally was not his brother, it was in fact his anger, and that he was able to harness it, to use it, to direct it towards goals and tasks that would ultimately do the world good. It wasn't always this way, and Maskan shuddered to recall those days where only he could stand the rage, only he could subdue his brother, school him in the art of refined shadow walking like their mother and sisters had so easily mastered. Madyrn held too much of Voraer in him, too much of a temper, his fuse too short, his reaction too explosive.

Satisfaction rolled through him, almost as pleasurable as an orgasm, as one of his hooves connected directly with the bony joint of her left hock, the other leaving a scrape along her right leg. Surely that would render her leg useless, unable to hold her weight, unable to do anything but take his continual beatings. He would not rest until he was allowed to pound her thick skull into the ground, repeatedly. Lips barely grazed over their mark, but he was too gleeful to notice the shortcomings of that strike, instead he watched his little prey struggled to find her feet once more. But she did find them, and without stopping to wonder how his near-perfect strike upon her hock joint did not hinder her more, he simply became enraged again, gearing up to follow in her steps, to stay close to the hind end that he had disabled. Orange eyes caught a glimpse of the horn she wielded at him once again, and, vulnerable as he was to mental onslaughts, memories flooded through his cranium of the piercing blue sword Deimos expertly used against him, the magic that nearly killed him. It was not fear that filled Madyrn then, but a very keen sense of weariness; he was not about to let that horn come anywhere near him.

When she had turned to her left, he had followed her closely, swinging himself around on rough steps so that he was still mostly behind her, not next to her, not allowing her to line up that pesky face ornament to his shoulder again. His legs were still working fine, and though he ached, he could still use what were his most effective weapons so far. Just as she lunged for him with her crown, he struck out with his right foreleg at her left hock, hoping to truly crush it beyond repair this time, using the leg that had slightly more strength and co-ordination left in it due to the fact that his left side was aching more than his right. Her aim was diverted with his repositioning, as he was driving forward and she too, they moved in a sort of circled around one another - he felt her horn glance off the left side of his rump the same time he attempted to destroy what remained of her left hind leg. Dust, dirt and debris was stirred up from the motion, and the rhythm of Madyrn's heart beat was loud and growing ever faster in his ears, breaths were coming in deep rasping gasps that burned with effort, fatigue, as well as the fact that laughter still rang from his lips every other exhalation.

Even madmen have their triumphs. Madyrn would be one of them.

[662 words.
4/4 attack posts. ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Banned
Pheonix

My hock was throbbing. It was begging me to stop fighting with the stallion and to let it rest and start work on repairing its self but no, I would not stop. My heart and mind were telling me to ignoring the zaps of pain surging though my hock and to continue till this bastard was defeated and I would. I had already put all my heart into this fight and I wasn't prepared to lose it. I wasn't just doing it for myself you see, I was doing it for all of the Assassins and to show the watching mare what we were made of. I knew she wanted to join it was just bad look this fight had occurred when she was about to join. It would be an embarrassment to lose in front of her.

Which was why I would not lose. Despite the pain of my leg, despite the bruising on my side and despite the age difference between us I would come out on top.

Much to my annoyance he had dodged my horn and now we were almost circling each. I did not move as fast as I would of liked to simply because of the pain in my hock. I would of also liked to kick out at his chest again and maybe catch his neck or even better, his head and maybe I would be able to knock a bit of sense into that thick skull of his. I am no idiot though I knew his target would be my injured hock (which was almost being dragged behind me as I barley dared to touch the ground with it) and so, to avoid any sneaky attacks from him, I twist my body round and take a quick step back so that my neck could be arched to direct my horn at his head, that way all of his attempts to totally crush my hock was avoided.

I stand there, my horn pointed directly at him and my blue orbs flickering dangerously, my back left leg lifted slightly of the ground. My heart was thudding against my chest as it worked to pump blood to every single muscle in my body. Every part of my body ached from the fight but if he wanted to fight more I wouldn't hesitate but if defiantly seemed as if it was over now. The same crafty grin I had worn at the beginning of the fight returned onto my maw again whilst I looked him dead in the eye. There was barley a sign on my face suggesting the pain I was in.

The ground was scarred from the fight and dust was still settling from where it had been kicked up by us both and all of a sudden the forest seemed to return to it's normal, peaceful self. The birds that had fled from the scene of the fight had slowly started to return. The brother of the stallion and the other mare now seemed to be in the same area as me and the idiot I had thought and I could feel there eyes burning into me. They had watched it all and seen the sheer strength of us both pounding against each other with a desire to hurt one another.

I hadn't fallen down at his hooves and I never would, even if this was only the first of many battles to be fought between us. My ears are slightly more forward and the notes of laughter rolling of my tongue as I gently place my back leg hoof on the ground so that it rested. "Didn't I tell you that I would not fall to the ground at your hooves?" The laughter still rolled of my tongue a note after my words. I hadn't fallen to him and I never would. I would never fall to anyone.

"Talk talk talk".

[WC:646 | Summary: Turns before he has a chance to try and crush her hock then stands in a defensive position.]

Image Credits

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

I g n i t a | M a d y r n
- - - - -
By my verdict MADYRN is the winner.
Madryn has received one VP and will take IGNITA as his prisoner.

IGNITA -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: horn stab thingamajig.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
- 1| Flow: this post was quite choppy and, despite clear in what happens, it gets "broken up" by frequent typos. I suggest running your posts through a spell check to get rid of all the annoying little errors which brings your score down.

MADMASK -- post 1

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: angling away from the horn. Though, I do not think it was a rear per se, as much as a jump forward.
+ 1| Attack: bucking.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow, though you did have a few places where the sentences got so long my mind almost ran aground.

IGNITA -- post 2

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: ultimately, I have a few issues with how you took this kick. Given that Madyrn has taken a "large, bounding leap forward", and Ignita a canter stride, I do not think he'd hit the front part of her barrel, but rather her thigh or something. Also, I know that Ignita is of a semi-sturdy build, but when a horse gets hit by another horse like this, they typically lurch a little. You interpreted the pain/bruising/effect well, though, even if I disagree with the placement.
- 1| Attack: the rear. While this is a decent attack, I was at first a little confused as to what she was doing. However, my issue is that nothing dictates that Madyrn will be standing still, and merely halting and turning around will most likely not put you close enough to pummel his hind end.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
0| Flow: the spelling was a lot better, but here and there your sentences became too long. It would flow better if you chopped some of them in half.

MADMASK -- post 2

[Realism]
0| Defense: sidling away. Ignita was actually coming from behind you, more or less, but you seem to act as if she showed up in front of you. However, it was a good defense, and you took the hooves-to-the-spine in a realistic fashion.
+ 1| Attack: trying to knock her off balance.
+ 1| Attack: bite to flank.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

IGNITA -- post 3

[Realism]
0| Defense: bitten flank. I feel like you could've elaborated more upon it, pain-wise and if it affected you in some way.
+ 1| Defense: half-sitting down from the push before twisting away, though it was his left side coming into you.
0| Attack: kicking out. Sadly, this lacked direction - did you spin away to your left or right before kicking? Are you standing parallel to him when you kick, or, did you turn the other way so you're standing more like nose-to-tail? So which way is the kick coming from?

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
0| Flow: you have some issues with typos and a bit choppy transitions, so try to work on that!

MADMASK -- post 3

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: taking the kick to the chest.
+ 1| Attack: trying to punch her hocks.
+ 1| Attack: trying to bite her left buttock.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

IGNITA -- post 4

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: taking the hooves to the hocks. I think you treat the injured one well.
+ 1| Defense: turning away from the bite/catching the tail.
+ 1| Attack: trying to stab him again.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow. There were a lot less typos in this one!

MADMASK -- post 4

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: strike to hock.
- 1| Defense: I honestly do not see how her head would be near his hind end, if he's using his right leg to strike her. It means he has to stand at an angle to her, to reach properly, and given how he's described to keeping away from her head/more like right behind her, I don't see how she'd even be able to glance off his hindquarters.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

IGNITA -- post 5 (defense only)

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: While I think that, given the circumstances, it is a plausible defense move to keep Madyrn away, you messed up the timing a bit. Madyrn struck just as Ignita lunged forward to stab again, but you play it as being a pause in between, which is incorrect.

IGNITA

[Bonus]
0| Nothing of note.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
0| Nothing of note.

Comments: You've got the makings of a good fighter, however, you have a few things to learn! First and foremost I suggest that you take care in re-reading, as well as spellchecking, your posts, as you lost a few unnecessary points to typos and awkward transitions. Try to make sure that everything flows! Secondly, you have a good grasp on horse fighting, but, when it comes to writing it down you run into a few problems. Think about the timing of the fight, and of the space between you and your opponent. Sometimes you need to write "I took a few steps to try and bring us close together again", as often your opponent will glide away a little after an attack, as momentum carries them past. Keep that in mind, and try to make sure you are always clear with left/right, as it's vital to know which way you're facing/which side you're attacking, etc. On the whole, you improved a lot through the fight, and your fourth post was by far the greatest! Keep practicing!

MADMASK

[Bonus]
+ 1| Surroundings: you mentioned it a little.
+ 2| Breed: trying to use Madyrn's larger size to an advantage.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
0| Nothing of note.

Comments: On the whole, well done! You've got a good grasp on fight mechanics, and your posts are well written, with clear presence. I really do not have much to comment on, as you made no glaring errors in the fight, so just keep up the good work!

TOTAL
Ignita - 60
Madyrn - 72

Image Credit: dirkjankraan @ Flickr