Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

I had become so eager to amend my rights as newfound WeyrLeader that I had taken quite easily to the idea of a friendly spar. However, the last time that I had attempted such trials had been for a much different reason. No doubt, they were still just as amiable but there had been much more drive behind them, as I had been fighting for the title of Captain. That’s not to say that the same determination did not accompany me today, but I felt a bit more relaxed when I thought of the outcome. The mechanics would certainly come easier this time around because I felt that I’d somehow obtained a bit of information when it came to the art of war, but knowledge was an endless thing and I was more than ready to become once more a pupil to its whims.

The sun had risen slowly that morning and as I watched the rays of light filter in through the mists, I was quite confident that the day would be pleasantly warm. Of course, I had thought through all of the advantages and disadvantages of working in the heat and had decided that it was best to engage my opponent at daybreak. I had chosen a place quite similar to the one in which I had dueled with Mirage because I found that the crashing of the waves gave purpose to the beating of my hooves upon each attack. However, I felt that I would dearly miss Akaith overlooking each decision from above. Though, I found that I would not miss finding myself face to face with an illusion that called herself the Dragonheart, at least not until I’d had something more to prove. I sought victory on this day and upon its retrieval, I would slowly climb the latter of experience that came with violently rolling around in the dirt.

With the sun at my back and the ocean roaring ahead of me, I released a song of challenge, one that was filled with exuberance and anticipation upon each note. I knew who I was calling and held no pretenses when it came to my objection. “Dúchanar, come and play with me my friend.” A childish grin lit my face as nothing else could and I tossed my massive face impatiently. The ground was even beneath my toes and allowed me impressive grip upon the stone. Around me, the terrain was clear, though the forest was used as a prominent backdrop to the left. To my right lay only the lingering mists in which I paid no mind. They would dissipate soon with the growing heat, but now, I chose to enjoy the soft breeze that berated them with its salty aroma. As I waited for my opponent, I wondered just what he was made of and if he would truly hold par to the words so well spoken in the Threshold that day.

[Word count: 488
Magic Uses: 0/2 [no magic during this spar]
Summary: The fight will take place at daybreak in the Edge by the cliff. The ocean is behind Thor with an open clearing before him that ranges about 20-30 feet. To the left is the forest and to the right is open ground. Dúchanar will have opening attack and closing defense of a four post spar. Tell me if I have any of the specifics wrong as I’ve never initiated a spar myself. Otherwise, happy hunting!]

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Dúchanar defaults to Thor.
Thor receives 1 VP.