the Rift

Finest Statues [Donovan & Ophelia]

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay
venomxbaby Colourize_Stock
      The sun’s fragile fingers caressed the sweaty sheen of my silver backside as I started towards the last scent marker of the Wintossed Foothills – my new home. The sweet strands of healthy TallSun grass proved silky on my legs; they were accepting blades, hoping to their Earth that the Grey would prove through to promise lighter days for the jaded herd land. My eyes glimmered golden as I looked back, finding my trail leading back over the sea of green hills. Nature probably wouldn’t like what I was here for. Raimo, who decided to leave his energy for later in the day, rode on my withers singing a sweet song that breathed blue flames in my head. I could taste them, strong with heat, but promising his feelings for this herd were genuine.

I still couldn’t understand the way we connected.

The miles I forced to walk were on hot rocks, and I hoped that merging to this kind of culture would cool my hooves for a little while. The Earth’s spirit graced the strong, stoic Donovan and I with the ability to channel into the earth and shatter stone with just our thoughts. I hadn’t given it much thought yet nor practice. All I knew was that a wall of great proportions was to be brought from the back of our minds and given to the Grey for battle worthy protection.

All I knew was that Aërwen was still in the back of my mind. As I strode on I let the wild blue see my thoughts, I poured them into him, hoping that with some bizarre act of nature of magic or whatever, that she would return to me.

I was lost in my thoughts, and the strong scent of Grey hit me and I knew I’d found the border. I halted, peering with a questioning mocha gaze, asking myself where to start. I tried to visualize it in my mind as a massive, pale boundary that stretched down the roll of hills as far as the equine eye could see. Then I blinked and saw nothing but the green grasses give way to the outside forests in the distance. My tail twitched, and Raimo stifled on my back.

‘We’ll do it. Somehow.’

He mentally nodded, and I mentally shrugged, completely distant from any passion I could have felt towards this. I kept repeating it to myself. I decided to call.

“Donovan! Today marks the day that we start the Great Wall.”

peixos & raimo
what ever happened to the young man's heart, swallowed by pain, as he slowly fell apart

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
Irrydae stands at the edge of the pool. Her pool. She is still, watching the shimmering water and glittering jewels. Her orbs are gentle, but sparked with interest and curiosity. She inhales the scent that would soon be familiar. The wind tugs at her locks, and she lets her wings fall from her side, feathers ruffling. Today was the day. The Wall was going up. Irrydae knew Peixos and Donovan had a big job, and she planned on being there. It would be a good story to tell, and to encourage them. It would be fatiguing. Irry pushes out her wings, stretching them, flexing them. The brown and purple mare moves away from her pool and starts on her trek to the boarders of her herd. She moves swiftly across the landscape of her new home, grasses reaching out for her as she lopes gracefully, hips swinging slightly. She outstretches her wings as she reaches the long stretch of baking rock. Pushing off the ground with her powerful hind legs, she takes flight, soaring just over the ground, legs nicking the rock before she pulls up.

She flaps her wings periodically, golden eyes peering down at the ground. She lowers herself, legs reaching out towards the ground. She lands softly, hooves clacking against the rock. Her nares flare as the scent of the Mason's reach her. She stands tall before moving on, the sight of the stallions soon in her vision. The rock beneath her heated her and her pelt grew damp before she reached Peixos, hair clinging to her bodice. 'Donovan! Today marks the day that we start the Great Wall.' Irrydae smiles and nods in encouragement. Today would be another day written in history for the Foothills. And she would be here to witness the rising of the wall. "Today, will mark history. You two have a large job and I'm certain it will be done well. Peixos. Donovan." She nods her head towards each Mason, a smile on her face and her eyes full of encouragement. She flaps her wings before tucking them against her side, stepping back away as to not distract them with their tedious work. This was still new to them, as was being a Storyteller for Irrydae. "Ophelia and Ktulu did a good job picking you two." She says, excitement bubbling inside her, though she kept a calm, (hopefully) reassuring face. "Let The Great Wall rise!" Her voice was strong and confident. She loved her new herd. She was finally someone of importance. She was happy.

[ ooc ; woop woop! 8D ]
irrydae,
Credits

Donovan Posts: 11
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 13 years
Adoptable

The brute moved slowly, his militaristic gate carrying him skillfully over the new lands. He was appointed to Mason, alongside another stallion, and it felt good. A new fire coursed through his veins. He was ready to serve his neices and their family however they needed, and he was glad to be in the position he was in. His new craftsman rank, however, did not hinder his warrior heart. He was a soldier down to the core, and no amount of force or change could dispute that. In retrospect, his warrior background made him more dedicated to masonry. He would prove to be a great asset.

Ascending to stand on Peixos' side the dark stallion nodded curtly to the grey draft mix, as well as to the purple pegasus that praised them. His statue-esque features did not break with a smile, but in his charcoal eyes shined a light that resembled the curve. "How do you suppose we start this wall, son?" Donovan looked Peixos straight in his eyes then, the nickname slipping from his lips only as a habit of age. He felt no patriarchal nostalgia, and inwardly he felt the word unfamiliar and bitter tasting. Clearing his throat slightly, he turned his attention to Irrydae, "My nieces have been known to make wise choices." the warrior nodded, and then dipped his head some in a formal greeting. "I am Donovan, and it is a pleasure to meet you both."

The heavy warmblood eyed the mare some, taking in her feminine curvature like an artist does a good canvas. Clearing his throat again, though this time probably more noticeably, the stoic stallion waited for Peixos' direction. He was satisfied in giving the younger male charge, ready to heed his desires. Donovan would not stay silent forever, though, and would not fear sharing his ideas should they need to be heard.

Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia carefully picked her way to where the two masons and the storyteller were standing among stone. She listened to their plans for a wall, a smile on her lips. Their ambition gave her hope that somehow, all of this would work. The alabaster mare came to stand next to Irrydae and her star kissed wings, watching as Peixos and Donovan discussed the beginnings of a stone fort. Ophelia waited patiently, watching the blue dragon that sat upon the gray stallion's back. She smiled pleasantly at the creature, having always felt a connection to them, even if it was invented in her own mind.

Tinek fluttered down in a mass of silver and red to say hello, curling up on a nearby tree branch and chirping happily to the blue. Ophelia was surprised at how Tinek had turned into such a socialite, and she almost chuckled to herself when he greeted Peixos' bonded with a chirp. The mare looked upon the large stones that already dotted the landscape then and walked over to one, eyeing it carefully.

Then, she turned her gaze. "We should not fear the east," she said. "We need protection along our western side. If you agree, I suggest we make this rock our cornerstone and move outward." Ophelia smiled kindly. "Tinek and I will help as much as we are able. I can scout for stones, and Tinek's frost breath and a swift kick may be able to break them should you need smaller pieces."

Ophelia then turned to Irrydae. "Would you mind assisting as well?" she asked kindly. "I know you have other duties, but perhaps we can work together to help this when we have the time."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Peixos Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 Hands :: 4 Years Old
Tay
venomxbaby Colourize_Stock
      My eyes searched out into the vast unknown that poured away from the Foothills. The hills themselves varied in height as they continued their journey on, becoming mountains in the snow capped north. Building along the arc of each hill was brutal. The thoughts of two great warriors floundering the stones for measly bricks was daunting. I wished we had more than just magic to help, machines to do the lifting and heavy labor. This magic was near enough a complication. I had ideas, minor implications that would aid the warriors if invasion ever proved true. We could dig into the ground, pull tunnels out into that vast unknown so they could emerge from the flat parts of the hills for surprise. We could launch stone balls into the sky so the Earth would rain down onto the enemy forces. Thinking was easy. Imagining was facile. But I knew that doing, well they could forget the add-ons.

She, a colorful tangent of overwhelming optimism appeared, feathers singing in the wind as she clicked her golden hooves to the rock. Irrydae was a beautiful specimen, elaborately decorated as a symbol of the cool night. I couldn't help my staring eyes traveling along the strange curve of her feathers, finding the purple underside odd in the daylight. I wish it was night. TallSun was proving true to its peak, and I was already sweating, having not even concentrated on this newly gifted ability.

Donovan emerged the grassy mirage, walking with such eloquence. He was, upon my first judgement, a noble creature, gifted with an artistic curve of red tribal lines across his strong shoulder to prove his strength and heritage. My eyes were instantly drawn to his horn, wondering what a stab of that thorny thing would feel like. Raimo, also observing, shuddered on my back. To my surprise, he genuinely dipped his head, and broken from my daze I returned his gesture, the wild blue also tipping his crowned horns.

Irrydae, practically skipping over to us, let a line of legends explode from her mouth. My eyes still roamed her starry spots, finding they held to charm to me like Aërwen's. Her voice floated into the absent breeze, barely reaching my tired ears. I shrugged to her thoughts, wondering still about the heaving load of lost pessimism. Raimo however, nudged me with a claw and proceeded to chirp to the girl's willingness.

'You need to move on..'

'I know.'

His words never really got to me.

"How do you suppose we start this wall, son?"

I glanced at the great stallion, who seemed less pressured by the daunting mileage to come, but still overwhelmed at least to some minimal thought. I honestly had no idea. I guessed that stones would be needed, and we could cut them out of the surrounding rock with our powers. I'm not quite sure what Raimo could do here, blasting fire would only heat it. It was a guess of how much easier cutting and forming would be. "I'm assuming we start by cutting stone bricks from the surrounding rocks, and placing them together with some sort of strong adhesive. We could pick a boulder or something to start from, and move along in a straight line until we've reached the far corner of our scent marker." It seemed logical.

"It's an honor to meet you as well, Donovan. I'm Peixos, and my blue is Raimo." Again I dipped my head to the older soldier.

Ophelia pushed into the group from behind, I saw the fatigue wearing into her face as cicadas buzzed obnoxiously from the grass. A chirp sounded from behind, waking Raimo from a daze of boredom. He glanced into the tree to find the noble silver and crimson royal, Tinek resting his wings in the tree. He dismissed himself from my shoulders, and flew to a neighboring branch, dipping his head to his superior, feeling more drawn to his bonded's rank than that natural among dragons. I turned my head to the Chieftess, smiling in greeting, thankful that she said something in advice to our struggles.

The white mare basically reiterated what I'd said recently. I took that as an affirmation, and with a glance in Donovan's direction I started off to the boulder we'd use as a corner piece.

peixos & raimo
what ever happened to the young man's heart, swallowed by pain, as he slowly fell apart

mama told me when i was young
come sit beside me, my only son
and listen closely to what i say
and if you do this
it'll help you some sunny day

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh
She stands silently, watching the two Masons and offering smiles. A clack of hooves signals the arrival of another, and Irrydae's eyes find the muted white figure, her eyes catching the red tassels that float at the Chieftess's sides. Irrydae did not expect anyone else to show up now, excitement started to seep into her slowly. It was time to get started. She tossed her forelock out of her eyes and squinted against the sun's rays that bore down upon them. Donovan, she believed to be his name, cleared his throat and turned to her. 'My nieces have been known to make wise choices.' That instantly sprung a smile upon her face, and she took a step forward, hooves glimmering against the pale rock. 'I am Donovan, and it is a pleasure to meet you both.' He said, dipping his head. "Irrydae. It is nice to finally meet you two." She says, her voice almost seeming weak to his loud, ringing voice. She clears her throat quietly and then smiles again, turning to face Ophelia who was speaking now. 'We should not fear the east,' she starts, and Irrydae listens intently, eyes flickering over to Tinek when he is mentioned.

Irry watches as Ophelia turns to her, 'Would you mind assisting as well? I know you have other duties, but perhaps we can work together to help this when we have the time.' Irrydae doesn't even have to think about it before she is nodding. "Of course! I'd love to help." She says with a smile, tossing her head slightly. "What should I do?" She asks, a bit unsure, feeling inexperienced. She figures she would scout for rocks with Ophelia. Maybe her magic could be of assistance.

[ ooc ; woop woop! 8D ]
irrydae,
Credits
[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death