the Rift

Spheres of Ice [Tinek, Ophelia?]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

When the fighting had finished and the Grey had emerged victorious, Apollo had taken a step back from the plains that had served as the battlefield, eager to calm his rattled nerves. He was no warrior, and that was shown now more than ever. This place would be their home, like the Deep Forest had been… But strangely enough, the brightly lit, rolling hills of rocks and grass unnerved him. Once upon a time, when he had first joined the Grey, the dancing shadows of the Deep Forest had frightened him… Now, Apollo found that he missed it. In the depth of the trees is where he had been gifted his magic by the spirit Stag, and since then… That is what had felt like home. But, the Grey lived in the Foothills now, and where they went, he would dutifully follow.

Being named Earth Medic of the Foothills had also helped soothe some of the loss that he felt regarding their departure from the forest. Now, as a true medic, he could help those in need. Instead of fighting, which was something Apollo never truly enjoyed, and causing harm and chaos, he could settle down and help those who needed it. To say the least, it was a rejuvenating feeling.

Currently, the stallion moved leisurely next to the tree-line, his nose pressed close to the grassy floor. Nostrils flared, honey-brown eyes wandered, and the black and white unicorn was lost to his own thoughts. He was searching for herbs, for surely with the rich soil of the Foothills there were some in abundance… Somewhere. Then again, Apollo had never looked for herbs, nor did he know what certain herbs did…

“Perhaps I shouldn’t,” he said to himself with a little sigh, stopping his calm walk and pulling his head back up, “I don’t want to hurt someone.” After all, poisoning someone instead of healing them would make a poor impression. Apollo snorted at the thought. Giving his head a rough shake, the crystalline jewel of his horn caught a few rays of sunlight, sending a rainbow cascading upon the ground. His eyes followed the display of lights, a tiny smile crossing his lips. Beautiful.

Turning head back around, the stallion moved to continue his little ‘adventure’, when something else caught his eye. There, a little ways closer to the tree-line and nestled half-hidden beneath the blades of grass were three little spheres. Squinting, the Paint took a step forward, lowering his muzzle and nuzzling the grass aside. How strange… The small items, made of clay, were the same color as his horn. What was this? His eyes glanced upwards, head still lowered, eyes lingering into the depths of the nearby forest. Had someone left these here? And then forgotten them? Or had they belonged to one of the previous Foothills members before they had been driven out by the Grey?

“How strange…” Apollo said again, gaze falling once more back onto the three, innocent beads.

[ooc: Just a short thread to use my Small Item (thank you again, Tamme!) to get Apollo three, ice-blue colored beads. :D With Tinek’s help, of course! <3]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

The quickly growing silver dragon was filled to the brim with gripping curiosity, and he watched the movement of the herd with rapt fascination. Ophelia had never been part of a group like this before, so he was thoroughly intrigued. One by one they went about their tasks, all except for a dark and white colored male with a blue horn. He had his nose to the ground, and at what, he wondered? Tinek opened his leathery wings and jumped from his perch, sailing on the breeze to where Apollo's attention had shifted from a plant to three, blue beads.

The dragon dropped to the ground, tucking his wings at his sides and trotting up to them, sniffing curiously. He could not smell anything of interest on them. Carefully, he poked at one with a claw, seeing how easily a hole in them got trapped around a talon. He removed the bead from his claw and set it back where he had found it, looking up at the stallion curiously.

Were they his? They must be, otherwise he would not have known where to look. Taking matters into his own appendages, the silver creature trapped the beads around three talons on his left arm and then lifted his wings to hover just near Apollo's neck. He placed his talons against the stallion's black, thick mane and then waited, wondering if the stallion was interested in having the beads in his mane. How else would he carry them? Horses were so limited in their inability to carry things except in the mouth, and Tinek did not want him to choke.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

It seemed as though Apollo's solitary mental questioning of the strange blue items at his feet wouldn't last, for it was soon after he discovered the small beads that he was granted with the presence of another. Where at first he would have expected someone to join him of the equine variety, a flapping of wings and the sound of a small body landing in the grass beside him caused Apollo's dark ears to perk forward. Lifting his head, the Earth Medic was surprised to see Tinek, Ophelia's beloved companion, standing not a few paces beside him.

Offering the silver dragon a soft, welcoming smile, Apollo lowered his head once more. "Hello, Tinek." He said fondly in greeting. He didn't know if the magnificent creature could understand him, but the overo figured that he should offer Tinek some kind of greeting regardless. It was then that the said dragon seemed to take notice in the same beads that he had been nosing a few moments before. "Strange things, aren't they? I wonder what they are, or who left them here..."

Soft, ever-gentle brown eyes lingered upon the beads for a few moments longer. They were pretty things, simple bluish spheres with tiny holes punctured through the middles, as if they could be threaded through something thin... Perhaps string, or a small rope? His musings were cut short, however, as Tinek reached out and began picking up the small beads. Perhaps he knew who they belonged to...?

Before the inquiry could leave Apollo's dark lips, however, the silver dragon took to the air with a show of beating wings and hovered beside the stag's sleek neck, seeming genuinely curious about something. The medic could feel Tinek's talons brushing through his mane, and he twisted his neck slightly to see the dragon. A brief moment of confusion gave way to understanding, and with a smile, the unicorn gave a dip of his jeweled head in a nod.

"You want to put them in my mane?" He asked with a soft chuckle, simply finding the idea of having these weird, blue beads in his mane intriguing, "Sure, okay. I'd like that Tinek."

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

The silver decided that he liked Apollo. Warm brown eyes were a rather rare, kind sight among the many intense faces he was used to seeing, especially his bond mate's. He grew interested in what the black and white four legged one was looking at - the blue beads. Tinek was more creative than he was a warrior dragon at heart. He did not realize that this behavior was strange for the royals, but he had not grown up around his own kind, well except for Comadre, but the little black was hardly a dragon. He was a sophisticated individual.

Tinek understood what Apollo was saying for the most part, but his tongue and lips could not form the same words in the same way. He would not even know where to begin. The silver thought much of the same thing, but he was less concerned with matters of possession. He rarely understood the concept of owning something. And anyway, someone obviously did not want them.

After hooking the beads on his talons, the dragon took flight and hovered next to the stallion's neck, looking at the long, thin fibers of his mane. He paused, waiting to see if the horse understood what he was wanting to do, and thank the gods he did. Tinek would have no idea how to explain what he was intending. Eager to start working, the dragon tried to start a simple braid.

Well, that did not work very well, so he simply threaded the beads in and used a non threaded piece of hair to lock the bead in place. A simple, crude braid below held it in place after much practice. He did the same with the other beads until Apollo's mane was appropriately adorned, and upon looking at his good work, Tinek smiled. The dragon landed on a nearby rock and then trotted over to the river so that Apollo could see his own reflection.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!