the Rift

» punching in a dream [earth god, open]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

The mare moves swiftly across the land, wings keeping her in the air as she floats above the ground as if in slow motion, tilting back and forth. Dusted gold hooves dance in the air as nearly silent wings pump powerfully, fingers of wind pushing against her. The slap of the wind makes her eyes fill with tears and a quiet laugh escapes the maw of Irrydae. She soars across her home, moving swiftly over the unfamiliar land. As she tilts towards the ground, she tilts her wings to slow herself, legs reaching out as she places herself back onto solid ground. She then takes her time to reach her destination. Irrydae walks slowly, letting everything around her, pull her in and envelop her. She does not realize she is already where she had desired. Irry had been distracted. She steps up to the pool, a calm washing over her as she tousles her sleek primary feathers and pulls her wings in, the gems twinkling in her bright eyes.

Irrydae takes a deep breath, lids closing over her eyes and pausing, staying closed for a few minutes before they open again. Her chest rises and falls evenly with her breath, her thoughts scattered and wild. This would be her first time requesting for the God of the Earth. For any God really. She was nervous, deep down, but did her best to hide it. She did not want to fail her herd- she was determined to make things easier for all she could. A smile dances across her lips before she steps to the edge of the pool, looking into the crystal clear waters. The midday heat of Tallsun radiated down upon her back and she had a slight urge to slip into her pool, but she knew better than to. "God of the Earth." She starts, head held high, proud, but respectful. "I wish to fulfill my duties as a Storyteller. May I be honored to be granted with knowledge of the future?" She asks, voice ringing clear and strong. She was hoping that she would be lucky enough to get an answer, he had bestowed her the position- correct? She waits for the Earth God. Her body is still as she waits. Hope and excitement rings through her, though she keeps a calm posture.

[ ooc ; I hope I did this right! :D ]
talk talk talk
 spin around me like a dream...
c@rlijones @ flickr.com

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

As Irrydae peers into the calm waters of the pool, her reflection begins to distort and bubble. The serene waters are suddenly parted, whirling in a circle, as if stirred by some invisible force. Around the edges of the pool, water overflows as it is displaced from the center, wherein the crest of the God's neck can be seen. As the water continues to whirl, the God rises up from his watery bed, to look kindly down upon the young mare. The water gently comes to a stop, ebbing around his shoulders as he remains in the pool, for Tallsun is still upon them, and the sun's rays are warm upon his great dark coat.

His kind emerald gaze falls upon the starry-mare, with a polite smile. The last Storyteller to visit him here, had been seemingly comprised of the earth itself. Willow, the Lignea, had been a creature after his own heart, but it seemed she was not long for Helovia. His new Storyteller appeared to be born out of the stars, rather than the Earth. Even so, the God looked down upon her a fatherly smile. "Irrydae" He says, greeting her with a rumbly voice, like boulders falling into the sea. His expression is welcoming, and indeed, he is pleased to see that she is making use of the pool so early in her tenure as the Storyteller. Exhaling, he ponders her request for a moment, before tilting his great horned head slightly to the side, with an amused chuckle. "The future is rather vast, my dear. Can you be more specific? Is there something you would know?"

CREDITS

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

irrydae.</style>

Irrydae is lost in thought in the silence. She did not know how long she would have to wait, but she figured it wouldn't be long. That is, if I'm answered. She does not have to wait long, though. As she is watching her reflection, she witnesses her face distort and bubble, before the pool seemed to start swirling quickly. She watches curiously, taking a step back. Out of the waters appears the Earth God, his large form gentle and relaxed. He smiles down at her and she has to keep herself from gaping. She was certain she would not be answered, but here he was, standing before her. She wiped the shock from her face- she would have to get used to this soon. 'Irrydae.' His voice is deep and gruff, but welcoming. She finds herself lingering on his words, eyes watching him in awe and curiosity. "Father Earth." Irrydae says softly, with a nod. She thinks of him almost as a giant teddybear. She smiles back at him- he is much kinder then The God of the Spark she had just recently had encountered. A chuckle escapes him and she listens intently, 'The future is rather vast, my dear. Can you be more specific? Is there something you would know?' Right. She would have wanted to kick herself if this was not her first time. She sill has much to learn herself.

"I have to admit I am slightly embarrassed, I probably should have thought this through more." Irry says to the God before her, flicking her tail as she quickly tried to think of what exactly she wanted to know. "Forgive me for being so unprepared. I guess I would like to know if there is anything of importance in the near future I need to relay back to my herd. She says, nodding slightly. "Good or bad." She adds, though slightly regrets. Of course he would know 'good or bad.' Her light eyes scan over the large horse before her- of what she can see. He stands shoulder height in the water. He has pale, curling horns around his ears and his hair is tipped with green. He has large, strong wings connected to a chocolate body like herself. Startling green eyes meet her own as she awaits his answer, features calm.

[ ooc ; --- ]
talk talk talk
 spin around me like a dream...
c@rlijones @ flickr.com

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

As Irrydae admits her lack of forethought, the God shakes his head, chuckling slightly. She is not the first to eagerly jump into her duties - especially those which deal directly with council from the God's - and she will not be the last. Since the ruin of the Veins, he is not surprised that the creatures of Helovia are taking each and every opportunity to surround themselves by their immortal patrons. His siblings had told him of how often their presences had caused a flurry of activity, even amongst equines who had no business seeking out their guidance. Perhaps departing from the Veins had been a mistake? Perhaps the mortals needed that outlet, to find the God's if they needed them? Shaking his bearded muzzle, he would contemplate this idea more, but for now, he would focus upon his newest Storyteller.

Raising an enormous wing from the water, the God began to drag one of his feathers round and round upon the surface of the pond, until ripples began to form. Even as he pulled his feather away, the ripples continued. Softly, the God began to hum. His melody was like an ancient song, one that only the rocks at the very heart of the largest mountain, would remember. His voice grew slightly louder as his humming continued, though he never took his eyes off of the water. Slowly, it became hard to discern whether he was still the one causing the odd music - for it seemed that the water, grasses, and trees were all contributing. Leaves began to fall around them, as if gently pulled by a breeze that they could not feel. From the center of the ripples, appeared a bird, seemingly made of glass.

"You must learn to trust what your heart perceives to be true, Irrydae. For the eyes can deceive."

The bird, pulled itself from the water. It was a creature the colour of twilight, with highlites of yellow and cream. It had a long feathery tail, and a graceful swan-like head. Flitting up, the small bird picked up the melody that the God had been singing, and daintily drifted about his head, as it sung. Up and down she flew, in her wake, cherry blossoms appeared, falling gently onto the surface of the pool, and decorating the God's mane as they tumbled over him. He smiled fondly as he watched the small creature. Flying towards Irrydae, the same small pink blossoms fell about her, catching in her mane and falling upon her back.

"But be mindful child...for soon, not all will be as it appears..."

The small bird, hovered just before Irrydae's muzzle, and moved forward as if to give her a kiss upon her soft muzzle. As her beak neared the soft skin, her body shattered into a thousand pieces. The fragments of her body fell to the ground as the same soft pink petals that had been trailing around her before. The God's eyes were solemn and serious now, as he gazed down with a fatherly stare towards Irrydae. "You see?" He asked quietly, nodding to a single pink flower which had not been growing beside the pool, when this conversation began. "Be watchful. And be wise." He counselled .

CREDITS