the Rift

White bird [Open]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The pure white bird could be clearly seen against the painted black sky. The moon was covered in a forest of thick cloud and couldn't be seen and very few stars littered the sky and so there wasn't much light to be shead on the forest, not that there normally was as night. The bird was silent as it flew. It barley had to move a wing to keep airborn and to keep gliding though the sky. The bird was the bulid of a falcon but instead of the normal brown bird it was it was a unmarked white. Not a feather tip was out of shade and the bird was truely beautiful

The bird had a mission though, one that it would not fail for anything. Most birds you see are (without being offensive or anything) are stupid. They had small, feather head brains that didn't think anything exsept for food, water and rest. This bird however was diffrent. It was a spark in the land of birds, a spark that might just prove birds were clever, well some of them anyway. On the end of her white legs were silver talons and in the clutches of her silver talons was a silver leaf. It was well cut round the edge and you could see every vien of the leaf it's self though it's silver coating and with the leaf firmly in her clutches she glided on, slowly starting to desent though the trees.

It slide down a gap in the leaves and hovered above a branch, carfully taking the leaf from her talons in her mouth as gently as she could before landing on the branch, and that was when everything became strange. You see, what ever the bird toaches becomes coated in solid silver, like a statue. Slowly from the first toach of her silver talons the branch became coatded in silver. The silver almost wraped it's self round the branch and then it moved onto each twig and each steam of leaf and then it coated the leaf it's self. Eventally the leaf had moved on from the branch and moved onto the rest of the tree until all of it was coated in silver and glowing ever so slightly. The birds eyes were black with silver pupils and her eyes were constantly watching out and around whilst the tree turned into silver.

If birds could smiling, she would be smiling right now. She was waiting for her prey to come strolling towards her, curious of the silver tree and silver bird holding the silver feather but it was time to disguise and so she takes to the air again, making sure to leave the silver leaf from her beak resting nicely on the tree it's self. You may be thinking what if there was a breeze and it fell of? Well you would be wrong to think if the leaf would fall. When ever it was not being held it became a dead weight, impposible to be moved by anyone but it's owner which, in this case, was the pure white bird which had now dissappered.

Of course it hadn't dissappered, that would be stupid. In fact it had just flowen away and was well hidden in another tree, ready to swope down to prepare it's unknowing meal for dinner.

"blah blah blah."

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
||ADALAIDE||
shades of jaded shadows

Encased in darkness was I, walking through this beautiful deep forest I had stumbled upon. It appeared as though I had found a place to stay for the night. This oh-so beautiful night. My pupiless sky blue eyes scanned the trees for any sign of danger but I knew little of this world. I knew little of the fact that danger could come from above.

I catch a white streak out of the corner of my eye and my head darts towards it. It was unclear for it had just darted over a few trees but I was determined to find out what it may or may not be. I was innocent and curious. This was an extremely foolish idea, but I had realized my actions had grown a bit reckless lately. One could not simply live without some risk, I supposed.

My blue coating would occasionally catch a small sliver of moonlight whenever a tiny beam could somehow break through the small holes in the clouds and cover. I soon found myself running with a smile, following the bird. I wasn't quite sure what I was thinking.

I leaped over a fallen log and somehow managed to watch my footing all the same. It was a great feeling, to be running in the cool of the Orangemoon night. I felt like I was a foal again, running just to run. I felt like I was exploring again. On an adventure. And then I kicked myself in the butt for thinking that way again.

Following the direction of the bird, what appeared in my view made me slam to a halt. I dug my hooves into the earth and kicked up dirt and dust before stopping to admire it. It was a beautiful tree, encased in silver. My innocent, sky blue eyes gleamed in the night as I examined it. I also got a weird and strange feeling. It was hard to explain.