the Rift

[OPEN] það er eldur í blóði mínu
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
það var farið að skyggja og fuglarnir þagnaðir It was not yet dawn, but the night was not the pleasant cool of Tallsun in his home; it was stifling hot, like standing next to a furnace, warm winds pushing against his northerner's skin and forcing sweat from his pores. Tall as he was he saw above the grasses, and once, when he had walked aimlessly for almost half the night, he paused where he was and raised his head in the darkness. The clouds had covered up the sky, hiding moon and stars, and with the seething, wounded anger seeping through his blood, he thought it was for the better, that he did not have to look upon the bright silver sphere tonight. Flaring his nostrils, the shattered marble-hearted turned his head back, into the past, staring for a moment across the span of minutes and hours and into something else — recalling the bright flash of a bolt of lightning, a familiar shape upon the sea of lavender as the sun bled out in the sky.

Fool.

He blinked, flicked his tail, only to feel it tangle within the plants. In a display of emotion startling upon his statuesque face he grimaced, an ugly expression upon such a cold face. Flicking his head even higher he faced the way he was going again, and tore free of the stalks, leaving a few long, white hairs to tell of his passage.

He could curse himself with a thousand names, but stupid and naive definitely tied for the most apt one. He'd met the black-and-white stallion before, oh yes, he'd met him and marveled at his grace and his aura, at how others seemed so drawn to him, but as he bore nothing but a twisted, jagged horn upon his forehead, nothing had picked him out as a God to Mauja the Fool. In a fit of sheer and stubborn stupidity he'd thought him nothing more but a complex, enigmatic and charismatic stallion — powerful, definitely, perhaps powerful enough to cheat the workings of time and age, but ultimately, nothing more spectacular than a mortal. And his manners, certainly someone who knew his power and his worth, but then, lacking the arrogance of his brother Sun, or the deceit of his sister Moon.

Only, he'd had it all along, hidden deep under his static skin. Mauja had never even tried to put two and two together, but he surely would've ended up with three. What he had known, had not been enough to piece the puzzle together. He had been happier then, when Spark had been nothing but an intriguing gentleman recurring in the twists and turns of his memories, happier when he had not known the God had torn him from this life and thrown him into another, across time and space and age. Passing the last of the tall grasses, the ground turned hard and warm underhoof, and with the hot winds rolling against his face he felt water drip down his nose. His frost melted in the face of the Gods' mark on earth, and his control crumbled; the nearer he drew, the more the firelight reflected in his savage, wounded eyes.

Such a fool — not even Psyche's reveal of a new God had sent his mind spinning, and seeing him again tonight-? And at the same time, he wondered why it was such a big deal — why he felt so cheated that the stranger, whom he had thought had something in common with him, had turned out to be nothing more but a deceitful, trickery, callous and soulless God. Flaring his nostrils and grinding his teeth together Mauja stood upon the brink of fire, the winds tugging at his mane but not cooling him, the flames roaring below his feet and reflecting upon his pale hairs.

"Bjáni."

And the cracked King glared into the churning fires of Hellovia.
þegar úlfarnir opnaði augu hans í myrkrinu.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Having been away from the accursed land, the mare felt like an alien as she walked slowly across the land. She had run so far from it, it seemed as though she had left Loorien. She had learned many useful things, and discovered plenty of things along her way back. Why did she even bother stepping foot in the land? All it held was a bunch of petty little no-horns and a bunch of vicious unicorns. They had turned on her, all of them. They attacked. She was a unicorn too, or were they blind? The mare held her horn proud, especially after she had attacked quite a few horses along her short journey. It hadn't lasted a full season, but she was able to heal. Her deeper wounds left large scars, and patches of her coat was lost.

Returning to the land was a foolish move on her part, but the mare missed quite a few horses. She didn't want to name them all, but she needed them. Long legs outstretched, the mare kept herself going forward, the wind whipping behind her. Skidding to a halt, the mare takes a slight break. Her muscles were larger than they had ever been, and her coat was stained crimson. She had been fighting as hard as she could. Rearing up, the mare pressed onward.

Only while running did the mare think about returning to the Basin. She had met plenty of horses while she was there, a few racist organizations. One of which was filled with unicorns, and the mare discovered that deep within her she had a burning hate. A hate of the hornless, and soon that flicker of hate grew larger until it consumed everything within her. Tossing her head as she ran, she cleared mounds of dirt and rocks. The wind threw about her long tassels of black hair, taking each strand and throwing it in the air. Beads of sweat began to form under her coat, seeping through the fine hairs until it stained her blue roan body.

Hours, maybe even days passed as she ran, barely stopping. The mare had pushed herself so hard, it was fairly fun for her to run until she began to sweat and bleed. Her lower legs were scratched, and the sweat stained her body. Washing herself in a river before continuing on her run, the mare's dark thoughts drift to her speckled king. Mauja, the stallion she had loved long ago. The feeling was no more, just a small, dead ember that had long faded. Any hope of her love being returned had vanished, and she had forgotten the thoughts long ago. But Mauja still seemed to appear within her thoughts, no matter what.

As the temperature began to warm up, the roan mare found herself near the heart of Helovia. Staring from a distance, she saw a figure, one that was familiar to her. Tilting her cranium slightly, she slowed to a trot and long pillars carried herself towards the familiar figure. "Mauja....?" She murmured, tone low. She had been a different mare back then, a fragile mare that was so over-emotional. She had changed though. She was almost unrecognizable. Her blue roan coat was tinted red from all the blood, and her hooves were also tinted red. Not only this, but her horn was much sharper, and the very tip was slightly reddened. Eyes that were once a deep blue had changed into an icy color, and her eyes constantly showed a deep hate. But, as she stared at Mauja's backside, her eyes softened.

Was there a break in her wall? She had fought so long to keep these emotions from showing upon her face, in fact, it almost ached to show a dash of pain upon her face. Of heartbreak. Mauja seemed so, out of it. Lost in his thoughts most likely. Stepping to his side, the mare gave a slight smile. It was all she could to, other than flick her leonine tail and give a slight snort. She regretted their last meeting, and delicate lips formed soft words. "I'm... I'm sorry." Looking the other way, the mare tried to lose herself in her thoughts. Maybe he wouldn't notice her and just continue to think. Was she even prepared to face him once again? Feeling a little torn, the mare kept her head high upon her withers. Chest puffed out a bit, she puts a stone cold expression upon her face. No emotion could be detected upon her feminine features. Only once did the mare glance at her king. What was he thinking about? The thought began to slide through her head before she blocked it out. Staring at the very center of the heart, the mare kept her body somewhat far from Mauja's, standing a good horse-length or two away from him. What else could she say? 'I've changed?' or 'Long time no see?' shaking her head slightly, the mare gazed off in the distance, rarely taking a look at Mauja.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: locket.png]

LOCKET

stand up, be strong; know right from wrong.

Locket decided to take an impromptu adventure out of the Foothills for the first time since joining the Grey. The land of rolling hills and hardy grasses was a delightful place to be but the flighty warrior was aching to see more of the mysterious land. He was sure his new role would likely take him far and wide so surely it wouldn't hurt to know a little about the surrounding areas. Over the past few days Locket had been thinking about a lot of things and his mood fluctuated between frightened uncertainty and a fiery pride. These two emotions constantly clashed within him making him more and more withdrawn with each passing day. He felt a sense of guilt for it seemed to any watching that he had simply given up the Foothills, Locket had never had so much on his small shoulders before and he constantly worried over whether he made the wrong decision. It was almost like in that very moment, when Ophelia had turned to him plea for them to surrender, that he was almost Chief himself. He made the decision that should have been Jackals.

Now he was paying the price for that responsibility.

There was no one to tell him whether he had been right or wrong, whether he had done the sensible thing to turn the land over to the Grey or whether he had trembled in cowardice. Should he have died that day? If his blood had been spilt, choked his last breath and his heart stuttered to a stop would that have been the more honourable, heroic thing to do? Locket found that his heart had begun to ache for his mother, he figure so vivid in his mind, the curls that wove round her delicate horn and her eyes that shone with nothing but a dam's love for her child. She would know what to say, she would know how to make everything feel okay and nip his flank in playful love. Yet he was grown now and a stallion of war at that, these things shouldn't trouble his mind. He had played with the idea about talking to Archibald about his emotional trouble, but he was frightened the brute would look down upon him in disappointment. So he kept his alabaster mouth firmly shut.

In his sour musings Locket had roamed far and only noticed when he felt the rise in heat. Ears roved in uncertainty whilst his gaze searched for the source only to find two others already inspecting the blazing hole. The night drew on and day would come soon, but still the red hues were stark against the midnight sky. For a moment all Locket could do was watch, captured by the beauty of colours that melded together in beautiful dance. Slowly he dragged his gaze away from the scene and looked upon the two strangers, a roan and a white. Both spotted.

The warrior was a little dumb founded as to what to do next, for between them there seemed a certain knowing, certainly from the mare in any case. The bigger one with a blue horn spoke in some language he didn't understand and the mare appeared to be apologizing for no reason. What a strange pair they were! Locket felt like he was almost intruding even from where he was standing, but surely they had sensed him and it would be rude to simply walk away now without speaking. With cautious steps the panda faced lad made his way over to the pair, his face a mask of uncertainty when he stopped before them adorned in masses of curly mane. "Mornin'" he said simply.

For what else could he say?

flowcomm@flickr

Locket talk :: L = R
Ascended Helovian

það var farið að skyggja og fuglarnir þagnaðir As if it had heard him, the fire hissed, a tongue of flame unfurling and licking up towards the night sky before fading. Did it not like to hear him curse himself for a fool, or was it mocking him? Fire had never been his friend, and his gaze narrowed, dark lashes shielding his pupils from the harshest glare. Sun, Moon and Time — they were no friends of his, and he felt his heart grow colder even as the hurt seeped through his veins. The Sun had ever been his enemy, volatile and tempestuous, burning his land and manhandling his poor Seer. Controlled as Mauja was, he would never excuse such a raging monster, someone who could not even bridle his own anger. And Moon.. he felt his heart do a little spasm in his chest, remembering a small green-eyed filly telling him that the Moon could be just as cruel, just as angry, and how he'd told her how beautiful she was. He'd admitted to it, blind faith and foolishness, and here he stood, alone, mortal — wiser, bitterer. It tasted like ash in his mouth, like months with no rain and charred trees. It tasted like memory, and the sulfur from the Heart rose upon the warm wind and taunted his mind.

The flames stained his throat orange, shimmered along the lines of his face and darkened the silver shadow across his eyes to red, but his back was cast into cold darkness, a contrast of sensations as the waves of heat lapped against his face. So long ago it was that the raven feathers had been woven into his hair, one on each side of his neck, and three within his long tail — he barely noticed them anymore, but felt them now, their restless shifting against his skin as the unruly air buffeted them.

Slowly he became aware of another presence, of Leyra standing by his side and peering into the churning flames alongside him. For a moment he peered at her from the corner of his eye, wondering where she'd been. He hadn't seen her since the unfortunate accident with Zar'roc, Elizabeth and Roland, and by the smell of her, she'd been outside of Helovia. Her dark body seemed more angular, harder, the tip of her horn glinting malevolently in the firelight and her face was impassive. It was alien upon her usually soft face, as if a stranger resided in her body, but her apology was a thing of the past. She had abandoned them — him — and now she had come back, like everyone else did.. running away, only to return. But some, would not return. Some, he would not let back in. His heart grew colder and colder as the frost settled upon the mental wound, slowly tempering his blood until it felt less painful. He had been a fool, but would he be fooled again? Would Gods keep appearing, a fifth, a sixth, a seventh, until he had been well and truly torn apart by their fickle faiths and games?

Another approached, but still Mauja held his silence, perched upon the rim of the inferno, his body a blend of fire-shades and cold blue shadows. The stranger spoke hesitantly, as if not sure what he had stumbled upon, and the wind shifted to blow against them from behind, as if wanting to push them over the edge and incinerate their mortal shells. Wouldn't it be a feat, even for a God, to be the one to have finally conquered the body and mind of Mauja, the faithless?

His heart struck a beat of finality, a hollow ring within a chamber of doom.

The silver mask across his eyes receded, faded, despite the Moon's strong presence above the clouds, and the playful tug of wind loosened the raven feathers from behind his ears, followed by those in his tail; they rose, lazily almost, with the curve of the breeze, for a moment rising upon the thermals the fires spat out. Beautiful and elegant they spun within the restless air, twirling in some intricate dance of near-magic, and he watched them with impassive, unclouded eyes. He felt naked without them, but lighter, too.

And then, they fell, little specks of black against the too-bright flames, until they crumbled in the heat and were swallowed by the fiery depths, and Mauja was free.

"Morning," he replied in an even, emotionless voice, still staring into the flames, a closed look on his face hiding the empty soul beneath.

Deceased
Dark
The moments alone with Mauja were held precious in the mare's thoughts. Stepping closer to Mauja, she spoke slowly, her words gentle. "Is there something wrong?" The words slid out of her black maw, slowly, gently. Closing her mouth and continuing to gaze into the churning magma, the mare had time to think. Think about her mistakes. Leaving Mauja... and everyone else. Those were two of her many mistakes. Flicking audits back in annoyance with herself, the mare didn't hear the stranger coming.

When he spoke she was startled. Whipping around, the mare was beginning to think that one of the petty hornless was trying to mingle. But upon seeing the glinting horn upon his head I sigh, relaxing. "M-morning..." The mare lowered her large head, glancing back at Mauja. He hadn't moved, and she was hesitant to flick her leonine tail towards his hocks. He seemed so... out of it. It was as though he was a body with no soul. No emotions were visible upon his glowing features. Was he angry? Sad? The mare wanted to know. She wanted to help him. She wanted to pull him out of this state.

The silence seemed to stretch out longer than anyone would've liked. The mare positioned herself so that her back faced the stranger. She wanted to speak, tell him how sorry she was for leaving. How sorry she was for everything. Could she do it? No, there was still fear deep within her. Shoving the fear further down into her mind didn't work, instead she tried to face it. Black lips quivering, the mare mustered her courage and gave a simple few words. "I.. I'm sorry for leaving you." Turning to the stranger, the mare nods her head slowly. She hadn't been in Helovia during the Invasion, thus she did not know that the Grey had taken over the Foothills. "Your name?" The mare did not give her name, careful not to reveal her name until she knew this strangers name. An eye for an eye as they always say.

Waiting, the mare lashed her lithe tail, her mind lost deep within her sea of thoughts. She recalled all the encounters during her short journey. She had met plenty of suffering hornless horses, and ending their lives was easy, and I suppose a small act of kindness. Not only this, but she had met some strange hybrids. She even shunned a few unipegs. The thoughts shifted to her king, Mauja. He seemed a little out of it right now, the way he kept his icy eyes on the bubbling lava. Pulling herself out of her thoughts, the mare shifted her weight and waited in silence.

[sorry for the wait, my muse for him dropped off the face of the earth :|]

LOCKET

Locket watched the two warily, something in the air wasn't quite right here, was it the emotionless statue of the spotted giant that caused the fur to prickle on his spine. Or was it the feeling on intrusion, that these two knew each other and maybe he was interfering on personal business. Yet neither had shown him a harsh word when they addressed him, but neither were the words they offered given in kindness. Who were these two strangers and why was there such a foul taste to the air that almost made Locket want to jump into the pit. He shook himself free of the notion, berated himself for being a coward, if he could fight in a forsaken battle and live to tell the tale, then why should this day be any different. The panda boy took in a deep breath and stood a little firmer on his tiny, split hooves. There was nothing here to suggest that these two were any better than him, these uneasy emotions were unnecessary.

It took some effort, but Locket managed to drag a simple smile to his alabaster lips, cute ears curving forwards as merry green eyes glistened. Ignoring the niggling to snap at the blue mare for her seemingly demanding words. "My name is 'ocket. What is yours?" He asked of both of them. A name was okay to give he supposed, he couldn't even pronounce it properly anyway and he often wandered how many of the horses he had met actually knew his true name was Locket and not Rocket. His strange way of speaking and his odd appearance often had him branded a clown or a jester. The Warrior wondered if these two would take him seriously, so far most had, even most of the mares had put up with his flirting affliction and his roguish attitude. For that he was grateful.

Silently, he began to shuffle his feet again, wandering what he could say to maybe strike up a conversation. The air was stifling and he so much wanted to laugh, to lightened the mood and jest. Whatever it is, surely, it can't be that bad he thought with amusement, staring at their faces. He wondered briefly what it was that the blue roan had apologized for, it wasn't everyday a mare admitted she was wrong, it must've been something cruel. Locket shook his head and cleared his mind of assumptions, "I'm sorry if I'm intruding on something... Private." He said with an absolute straight face, looking between the pair with only a slight glint in his eye.

flowcomm@flickr

Ascended Helovian

það var farið að skyggja og fuglarnir þagnaðir Lost in his thoughts he ignored her soft-spoken question, and it wasn't until his cool eyes regained their clarity, and the feathers had burned, that his wandering mind returned to earth. Slowly he raised his head, somehow surprised to find that no long, sleek feather brushed softly against his neck. His body had known the touch so well, that to be bereft of it felt.. strange. Like expecting something that always came, but suddenly it didn't. A slight frown marred his features and he peered into Leyra's face, then over her back at the stranger as she demanded his name. For several long moments he just stared at the slender unicorn, then the gears of his mind began turning and he realized he'd seen him before. He'd fought for the Foothills, only to yield at Ophelia's request. Mauja had barged in a moment later to steal Phi's attention, but he recalled the cascading fall of his hair, the peculiar patches of white upon his handsome face. And he called himself something that sounded like rocket.

"Mauja," he replied softly, his voice nearly obliterated by the constant churning roar of the fire below. Striped hooves danced dangerously close to the rim as he moved, angling himself to face Locket. Unceremoniously he shoved against Leyra to make sure he had enough space to stand on. "And this is Leyra." Yet standing with the flames bathing his right side, and the air cooling his left, felt wrong, and he was acutely aware of how close he stood to the brim. A single shove.. and he'd fall, too, incinerated within the chasm of fire. He knew the feeling of burning all too well, and did not wish to experience it again. Not trusting the stranger in the familiar body he took a few jagged steps forward. Sometimes when horses changed, it was for the worse. If he didn't know her, didn't recognize her, he trusted her even less. And besides, she'd always seemed vaguely irrational to him.

Aware that he was not himself, that some piece of his soul had fallen to burn with the feathers, he paused where he was. He felt tired, now that the fire in his veins had cooled. Tired, and the hurt was falling down the same steep slope to crash into that pit of exhaustion. Emotionally spent. Strange, that just a single revelation could be so powerful, and silently he mocked himself for his weakness. It had just been a God, but with a single, merciless stroke, he'd ripped old wounds opened and sent his paranoid mind spinning, until he'd worn himself down and buried himself in the ashen layers of bitterness. The hot air buffeted him, and he gave his had a rough shake at Locket's question. "No." His voice had fallen deeper than it usually was, something rough, almost feral, about it. For a moment he seemed content with only that answer, to speak silence, but then he frowned again. "You're Ophelia's man now, aren't you?" Wake up, wake up. Another halting step away from the edge, going down some unknown path in his life after standing at a crossroads.

Deceased
Dark
The oddly colored stallion said his name was either Rocket or Ocket. Tilting her head to the side, the brutish mare questioned whether this was his name. It could be his accent, the mare's thoughts rang through her pristine white skull. "Mauja." The speckled King named himself. Staring at him, the mare watched his hooves as they moved close to the edge. Fear slowly began to tickle at the mare's gut as she stared at him. Mauja angled himself to face the stranger, bumping against the mare as he did so. Moving to the side, the mare allowed Mauja room. He spoke her name as well, and the mare nodded her head in greeting. Mauja moved himself a few steps forward as though afraid the blue roan would shove him into the hungry flames below.

The brutish mare felt saddened at the fact that her king did not trust her. Was it because she had left? Or maybe it was because she had changed. He... does not trust me? Gazing at him with dulled eyes, the mare threw her dark audits back. She gazed at the strangely marked stallion, Rocket. Mauja's voice sunk lower, and the mare glanced at him. Fixing her icy gaze upon his speckled body, she wondered why exactly his voice had deepened. Flicking her ears forward again, she listened to his question. Ophelia? Tilting her head to the side, the mare questioned herself. Ophelia... who could that be? Stretching her neck out just slightly, the mare tried to get a whiff of the other stallion. But, with the heat and with Mauja beside her, she was unable to. Frowning only slightly, the mare glanced at the burning pit behind her. She disliked the heat and the way it felt upon her white rear, to her, it was extremely uncomfortable. Passing her weight from one hoof to the other, the mare gazed at the stranger, not speaking a word. She would allow Mauja to do the talking. Besides, the mare had nothing to say to anyone. The mare constantly glanced back at the hungry flames, their long, flaming tongues lashing out. Their thin fingers stretching out, trying to reach the edge of the Heart. They were trying to escape, trying to get out of the pit they were currently in. Turning away from the bright flames, the mare flicked her leonine tail, allowing it to brush against the ground.

"speech"
Leyra
queen of crimson ice, so delicate
Credits

LOCKET

Locket watched the pair with calm, calculating eyes that noted each movement they made. Both seemed almost like the wrong ends of a magnet trying to connect, the closer one got the further away the other moved. What a strange pair indeed! The warrior switched between feeling a strange discomfort and a compelling interest, to which he silently cursed his nosey nature to constantly want to know other people's business. His mother had always said it would be the death of him one day, he'd stick his nose in too far and get his head chopped off. Ah, but silly mother, life was for living and Locket meant to live every second. Even if it meant a premature death. Vagabond's never lived very long anyway. He watched as the white brute turned to stare at him and the panda boy resisted the urge to pull faces at 'spots' whilst he was 'examined', he also noted the way his over grown feathered feet liked to dance near the edge of the hole. Yet, the warrior said nothing. If he was stupid enough to fall in then he was not going to be the idiot that fumbled in after him.

Alas, he managed to stay on solid non burning earth long enough to softly state his name. Mauja. Had Locket been a more well informed animal then he might have recognised the name, yet he did not and so remained blissfully ignorant of the legendary stud that moped before him. Though he had to think it sounded like a fine name, you could have some fun bellowing that across an echoing canyon. Snowy accents that painted his brows lifted when Mauja shoved towards the blue mare, announcing her name as Leyra and changed his stance into one that spoke of distrust. Which proved to intrigue the panda boy even more, did he think she'd push him down into the fiery pits? It almost made him laugh how he was the stranger, yet this Mauja distrusted the one he already knew.

The day had not yet begun and already it was among one of his strangest.

He nodded his head to both in acknowledgement of their names and stored them into his memory bank. The orange chap then looked to the pit of doom and swung his gaze back to spots, arching a brow and then nodded to the hole. "If you're considering death I can't say I'd advise jumping in there. We'd be ab'e to hear your screams for 'eagues" his smile had a morbid touch before he dropped the matter and turned his attention towards the mare. She was a quiet one it seemed, he wondered if she was simply this stallion's property? It wasn't unheard of, some mares even preferred that kind of life or maybe she owed him. Locket didn't voice his speculations, knowing such presumptions might insult the quiet mare. Who knows, maybe she was just shy.

Mauja spoke to him again and his white ears tweaked at the mention of Ophelia. So he was acquainted with their pale Leader then. Either he was dealing with a very important stallion or this one got around a bit. Just exactly who was he? Locket smiled faintly and then nodded once in compliance "in a way yes, though I answer to her sister." He wasn't going to embarrass himself by attempting to say Ktulu. They'd be there all morning, afternoon and night whilst he tried to spit out that blight of a name. He looked to Mauja then with a rekindled curiosity, eyes narrowing as he watched him edge closer to his death. "How is it you know our Chieftess? An admirer or have you a'ready... Admired?"

He laughed then, boring questions were... Well... Boring and he turned to look upon the blue mare with a questionable gaze. There were many things he could ask, gone was his frozen tongue and out came the mischievous traveller who probed at strangers until he found out what he wanted. "So, what's your story 'eyra? What brings you to the heart of He'ovia when morn is just a babe?" Would she tell him, he did not know, but if you didn't ask you never got. You could only find out so much by another's body language before the tongue itched for more.

flowcomm@flickr

Ascended Helovian

Sorry for the wait. <3 -prods Mauja- ...

það var farið að skyggja og fuglarnir þagnaðir He spoke funnily, and watched intently. Jade eyes — was the soul beneath jaded, too? A humorless twitch of one corner of his mouth, his sluggish mind slowly sifting through the mud and searching for the light. The light, goddamnit, of all things to search for. Some manners of speaking were strange, but in a sense, he did feel like he spun listlessly in murky waters. Sunlight would mark the road up, and up, he wanted to go, into the cool clarity of cold, cold snow and frosted edges. Not this tired creature who blinked slowly and fought to keep his gaze unclouded. And of all things to speak of, the stranger chose death, and Mauja snorted softly. His screams would not carry far; his throat would char and close as he choked on too-hot air and gases. Maybe he'd be able to shriek for a while. Perhaps Kri would hear and come watch the show.

That almost amused him. Too bad he did not intend to incinerate himself.

Another gust of hot air washed against them, coming up around the rim and toying with his long white hair. It whipped through the air, the heat uncomfortable in his lungs, and turning to glare at it for a moment he drifted another step away, striped hooves meeting the arid dirt. He mentioned Ophelia, and Locket replied, stating he followed Ktulu. Mauja fought down a snort. So he followed the dark wench who could choke you. Fond as he was of the white Phi, he had little fondness for her sister. Locket had yielded to one but served the other, and personally, Mauja thought he'd made the wrong choice. Narrowed eyes were trained on him, and the frosty stallion wondered if, perhaps, Locket thought he was a threat to them. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. Sharpening his own eyes, forcing his wavering, tired attention to focus, he met Locket's gaze steadily, and tried to pick apart what he said. An admirer? Did Ophelia have admirers? Did she have, err, stallions? Already admired? What was he talking about? Even though he was not sure of what Locket meant, his gaze betrayed nothing; was it just his way of wondering if he'd come to compliment Ophelia on her victory, or was he talking about something a lot more physical-?

Deciding he'd just give himself a headache, and ignoring the fact that Locket had ignited a deep, flaming curiosity and envy, he opened his mouth to speak, but the stallion laughed, and he wondered if there was something to what he'd said.. if there was something he was missing out on. He'd never taken Ophelia for the kind to do those kind of things, and picturing her with a harem of stallions just made him frown slightly. Then again, did he truly know her? "You could call me a friend." And it was true; despite their first, chaotic meeting, they'd developed a bond of friendship that stretched across time and space. They had never spoken of.. private matters, though, and as he smoothed out his frown, he tried to wonder about her — glad that Locket turned his eyes to Leyra. While he listened with half an ear, Mauja wondered at how easily Phi had accepted his touch after the battle — wondered if she'd accepted the touches of others, too. She didn't seem the type, but, who was he to know? Tiredly he shoved it aside. She was free to do what she wished. He'd find something out sooner or later. Blinking, he forced his mind to return to the present, wondering why, indeed, Leyra was here. Why she was back.

Deceased
Dark
The mare's stomach knotted as she heard the stranger begin speaking of Mauja dying. The images flashed into her precious pristine white skull; Mauja, stumbling back and sliding, his eyes frantic and his mouth curled in a sickening, fearful frown. His scream hitting a pitch so high it is no longer in the range of her hearing, and her own scream ringing out in harmony with his. And then his body would hit the hungry, foul flames. His pale fur would go up in blazing, roaring flames, and his skin would burn to a crisp. His coat would become nothing but ash, and his body would crumble to dust. And she would still be standing there, her hooves tapping against the edge, fearing her king is dead while the stranger, 'Ocket, stands there, in shock or morbid joy.

Stop! She screamed within her cranium, making sure that the images had only been apart of her imagination. She brushed her tail towards where Mauja's flank would be. She felt relief wash over her blue roan figure as she realized Mauja was speaking. Craning her neck, she bore her gaze into Mauja's face, his pale locks splitting his head in two. She flicked her ear to the side, listening to the oddly marked stranger.

Turning, the brutish mare met his jade gaze. Inhaling, she didn't know how to explain. Even she didn't know why she was here, especially at a time like this. She pursed her dark lips, biting the lower lip so hard blood began seeping from it. She winced, stopping herself from further damaging her body. Her audits flicked to and fro until she finally opened her lips to speak. "Well... I... I don't really know why I came here instead of going straight home. Maybe because I'm just a little... ashamed? Scared? Nervous? I don't know for sure why I came to the Heart." Glancing at Mauja, she added swiftly, "instinct, maybe." Or the need to see him. Mauja; the stallion she had once loved. Her beloved king, a legendary stallion who has ruled over two lands. A noble ruler he is... Withdrawing herself from her fantasies, the mare gazed at Mauja, a look that spoke words. "I shall tell you more later," were the words spoken through the icy pools. The mare did expect Mauja to understand at least a small portion of that gaze, but if not, she would tell him it as soon as the stranger left them. For now though, she kept a slight smile upon her dark lips and a glimmer of respect within her eyes.

"speech"

[[So sorry about this! ^^; Not my best. :/]]
Leyra
queen of crimson ice, so delicate
Credits