the Rift

do you remember when [romani & xanthos]

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

Jasiri</style>
Foal
Everyone wants to be a princess. I just want loyalty.
</style>

Dear Ma, Da, Uncle and Aunt (or, to any of those unaware, Romani, Xanthos, Azel and Kasai)

I miss you like someone took a big chomp of my big red heart, and sometimes I think it's aching for you, my dear family. Never would I think that I would miss the stifling protection of Da- see my vocabulary? Stifling! I know me words, Ma! No more do you have to fuss so much over nuthin. I've been practicing, morn, night, and eve, just waiting for that peculiarness... erm... what was I going on about? I saw this butterfly, all pretty-winged and fluttery, and I lost track of my thought train. The big coal red train pretty much fell of the tracks! Scummer and plague, what in the big, wild world was I talkin' about? Talking, I mean. You like me to talk like a proper mare, huh. I dislike that. I want to git down and dirty with my slang. One day, all over Helovia common folk like me will talk my talk, and walk my walk, and the ladies and lords above me will sniff and snort. But I'll be the one plaguing them with unknown words!

So, for those of yew reading, I'll put down my fine vocabulary...

Scump = idiot or idiotic (because stupid scump sounds damn nice strung together!)
Bung = fodder ('cause I was eatin' some bung sounded pretty cool as well)
Gru = brown
Whelter = dirt
Grauff = ghost-like
Lawkcom = language of Jasiri!

That's all for now. It might be scump-sounding to you, but it sounds mighty nice to me, and nobody will change my mind. But that's enough of my lawkcom right now. I was missing you like hell took a big bite of my heart, like it was eating bung, and so I set out to find you two with longing in my long limbs (heehee, alliteration!) At this point of time, the gru was covered in deep green grass, and I moved stealthily, grauff-like, just like my dear daddy. It was bright, early morning, the sun nice and bright above, glistening on the greenness of greenery (heehee, more alliteration!) the sky covered in thick, poof-y clouds like whipped cream. I went a-trotting looking for you, all quiet, and I went calling for you without a worry, my loud voice just overriding the shrill of the birds.

"Ma, Da! Kasaiiii, Azellllll, where are you?

[Jasiri totally makes me laugh xD ]

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOT TO LOSE EVERYTHING
TO FIND OUT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING BLIND

Xanthos was a proud father. His daughter was beautiful, reminding him fondly of the golden warrior that was her mother, his mate, Romani. The two golden beauties were his world, and he couldn't help but get a little over-protective of them both at times. He'd been through so much since his time in Helovia already, that he couldn't bear to lose either of them.

So when he heard the shrill voice of his daughter calling out, the grullo felt the cold fingers of fear grip him, and he jerked his head up from where he grazed with wide eyes. Oh, what could it be? Had an intruder gotten past their protectors, or had a predator slipped in during the night? Or, maybe, another foal was being a bully to the young filly. But with a deep breath, Xanthos managed to calm himself and assess the situation; there was no fear in the young maiden's voice, no waiver that might signify that she was in any sort of danger. Simply, in her own, Jasiri way, she was calling for their attention.

Turning his head to Romani, who was stationed at his side and enjoying the day just as he was, he flashed a smile at her as he began to move towards the sound of Jasiri's voice. There was no need for words to be spoken, and so he went, Romani at his side, quickly closing in on the location of their daughter. Azel had been busy lazing in the sun, curled up next to the white tigress Kasai, but was more than happy to leap onto his feet, giving a great stretch of his lengthy body before following their towering bondmates.

"Jasiri," Xanthos spoke up, a tender expression crossing his face as he stepped up to the filly, extending his whiskered muzzle to her in a display of affection, aiming to lip at her forelock before pulling back again. Glancing momentarily to the bright, clear skies above, the grullo gave a lighthearted sigh before looking back down to his daughter. "Isn't it a nice day, Siri? Would you like to play a game?"

Seeming to pick up on the mention of a game, Azel straightened up his posture and gave an agreeing chirp to the group, before trotting up to the young filly's leg. Pressing his head into Jasiri's cannon bone, the cheetah brushed up against her, an obvious act of affection. Although they were completely different species, and not technically related, Azel could feel the love that Xanthos felt for the filly and returned it tenfold, finding joy in the presence of one so young as himself and Kasai.

As she grew older, Azel would protect the golden for all that he was worth. But for now, let games hold the growing family over.

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

As the days passed and she witnessed the rise and fall of the sun from the new backdrop of the World's Edge, Romani was finding herself slowly acclimating to her new life here. With Xanthos and Jasiri as her family, she felt complete in ways that living in the Foothills couldn't offer... Of course, the warrior mare still felt herself yearning for the vast hills and plains that her old home gave, the fresh grasses and the soothing lullaby of the churning waterfall. As much as she missed the Foothills, this was now her home, and she was slowly learning to accept that. It was made easier with the love and adoration that Xanthos had provided her, and their little bundle of joy, Jasiri, who was growing more and more by the days that passed...

She and Xanthos had come a long way since their first meeting in the Thistle Meadow. They had overcome so much, experienced love, loss, grief, and happiness together, and all of that had blossomed into the creation of Jasiri, their beloved daughter. Despite how happy she was growing here, Romani couldn't help but feel unsettled, for one thing still bothered her deeply, something that bubbled sickeningly in her belly and cheered her heart.

... Whatever had happened to Nayati?

Due to the agreements that were made to ensure her freedom from the Grey, Romani had been taken straight from the Deep Forest to the Edge. She hadn't been allowed to return to the Foothills, even to collect her loved ones... Every day she wondered if Nayati was alright, if she had been taken care of, and the Haflinger could only pray that the Grey wouldn't do the spotted filly harm. Yet, in her time with Ophelia and despite her mixed emotions concerning the alabster mare, Romani knew that Phi would never hurt a child. It just wasn't in the pale queen's nature. Soon the palomino knew she would need to venture away from the safety of the Edge and return to the Foothills, or close to the border, to see if she could learn more about Nayati's whereabouts...

Today, though... Today, the Protector hoped to relax with her beloved mate and spend the day in the cool shade beneath the trees. With Tallsun came an almost unbearable heat, and quite frankly, Romani stood beside Xanthos with her head lowered to the groun, the flat plains of her teeth pulling a few blades of grass from the earth before chewing thoughtfully. It was moments later that Jasiri's voice echoed through the trees, and where Xan reacted with worry, a bemused smile crossed the mare's dark lips. Xanthos tended to fit the perfect description of 'the worried father', and oftentimes overreacted when it came to their sweet daughter. Lifting her head elegantly, the warrior mare returned Xanthos' loving smile with one of her own before following.

Seeing Azel get to his padded feet, Kasai rolled onto her side before giving a huff. She had been completely content to continue lazing upon her back on the cool grass, but despite how disgruntled the tigress was at having her nap interrupted, she would never let Romani wander from her sights for too long. Especially if it meant Azel would be going somewhere without her. During their time together, the two felines had bonded in their own strange way through play and other general mischeviousness, much to Romani's eternal amusement.

It didn't take long for the group to find Jasiri, and immediately Romani moved to the filly's side. The mare's crisp, azure eyes soaked in the featurs of their daughter to ensure that yes, she was safe... Stretching her nose out to brush a velvety muzzle against Jasiri's shoulder, the Haflinger smiled at the thought of a game. "I think that sounds like a lovely idea," Romani commented, giving her head an expert toss to rid her gaze of the cumbersome forelock, "What do you think, Jasiri?"

[Ooc: Sorry for this bleh post, guys... D:]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

Jasiri</style>
Foal
Everyone wants to be a princess. I just want loyalty.
</style>

And then, there's you, daddy. Xanthos the great silver stallion, all huffing and puffing as if I was up to mischief-making. I don't make no mischief, sirs, so you don't have to go worrying your little head about that at all, stupids! Sometimes, parents are just scumps. It makes me roll my eyes, ma. At least you never go fretting over me more than being a ma calls for. I appreciate that over daddy's fussing and mussing. I can take care of myself, y'know. Everyone likes a little darling filly like myself, one who rolls in the mud and scum without a fear. Nobody needs to worry 'bout me!

But I hear you, da, galumphing towards me and I huffle and puffle, turning around to watch you with raised 'brows, and I make a little grumblin' in the back of me throat. I miss you, I really do, but sometimes you make me want to explode with frustration with all your scumping watching. But even as I think this, I sigh a little inside, because I cannot deny my heart warming at the sight of your long gray face and the familiar, miniature golden cat at your side. Of course, ma is with you too, her in her golden palomino glory, with the white tigeress Kasai. It's funny, because you would think it would be the other way around, coat-color-wise. You know? Mama is all yellow, like Azel. Daddy is all gray, like white Kasai.

But I like the way both of you look together, so I don't mind it. I think that we look like family altogether, as we should.

I think I drift away from what's happening for that, and fer that I'm terribly sorry, ma and da. Sometimes I ramble nearly as much as you, da. So I shake my little golden head and grin, trotting up to you with a little wag of my leonine tail, pleased to see you after so dang long being alone. My eyelids flutter close, and open again, and you are still there, so I well know this is no mirage. With the sweet crushed grass scenting the air, and the flowers, and the familiar scents of ma and da, it seems it will be a mighty fine day after all.

My smile widens even more at mention of a game, and I dig in my cloven hooves, eyes huge. "A GAME? Of course! C'mon, what game? Can we play it? Hurry up, mom, dad, you are sooo slow! I want to play something!" I won't lie by saying I didn't squeal like the little girl I am. I was leaping and squealing like a big baby.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOT TO LOSE EVERYTHING
TO FIND OUT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING BLIND

When the filly moved away and closer to the rest of the group, Azel gave the slightest tilt of his head before bounding after the golden princess. Although she did not stray far, the young cub did not dare allow her to stray far from his ever watchful gaze. For in his eyes, Jasiri was just as big of a responsibility to him as she was to her parents.

Xanthos watched with warmth in his eyes at the display between his gilded family, elation filling him at his daughter's obvious enthusiasm at the thought of playing a game. Tipping his head back, the grullo gave it a few moments of thought. "Hmm..." He started as his mind began to work, doing his best to come up with something that would be fun for the whole group to play. He stood above all that were present, and although he should have grown used to the danger it often posed by now, he didn't need to take the chance of harming one of them with his horn by getting too rough.

"How about tag?" Xanthos questioned, glancing to Romani and then to their feline companions, before looking back to Jasiri once more to gauge her reaction to it. "One of us will be 'it', and must 'tag' somebody else by means to touching them. If you're tagged, then you are 'it'." After the explanation of the rules, he awaited some sort of agreement to the plan, or even disagreement if Jasiri was able to come up with something else that she would rather play instead. Honestly, the slate stallion didn't care what they did; simply spending the day together was a blessing in itself, and he only wanted to see to it that they all enjoyed it to the fullest.

[Omg I am so sorry .____.]