[FINISHED] Satan laughing spreads his WINGS [ANY PEGASUS]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning

What in the hell brought me here? This was possibly one of the furthest territories any pegasus would flock to for a quaint little day, no matter how dumb they may be. The tri-colored brute stood in the mid-day fog that coated the rocky land. He knew that the further up he moved the less dense the fog would become, but why waste the energy? He had already walked all the way from his home in the Basin to this drab land.

The air was quiet and still, not the slightest breath of fresh wind stirring from the gray sky. He imagined that the clouds were filled with thick snow, but at this time of the year, it would all evaporate far before it were close to hitting the crust of the earth. With the low clouds being so hard to see through he quickly became restless of waiting for some foolish peg to show up. Not likely anyhow. His conscience reminded him. Irritated, his white ears pressed back, burrowing into the sea of black and silver hair that flooded over his muscular neck.

The stallion had been told to bring the feather of a pegasus back to the ruling mare of his home land, Psyche, by her daughter Sno. She had told him he would be given the answer to a secret. Who in their right mind would leave themselves out on a secret? Especially when it was of some importance to such high levels of authority.

His weight, centered on his left side with his back right hoof cocked, shifted to all four sturdy legs. The feathering around his cracked hooves touched the hard ground, tickling the lifeless terrain with each move Crash made. Boredom quickly began making his thoughts wander off-topic, stirring his vivid imagination. The memory of Arah coming home, beaten and battered, enrage the stallion. She had said it was a equine -if he remembered right-, but that did not change his mind. Merely the thought pissed him off.

His nostrils flared with each heavy breath, white clouds rolling from them like the mist from the bottom of a huge waterfall. No longer was he going to wait, he was going to go find. Crash picked up his large feet in swift movements, carrying his color clashed body up the rest of the steep path he had already been following for some time. The scraping of rocks and debris falling from his hooves was quite audible in the dead silence, but at the moment he didn't care. He just wanted to find one of those bastards. Find it and kill it. Maybe he'd have to bring the entire body back to Psyche.

Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power

OOC: And of course he won't kill your character, he's just a meany.
Words: 447
Lyrics: "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
drawing by Riven

i'm a spacebound rocket ship; and your heart's the moon

Perhaps she had travelled too far, missed a landmark (had been too careless to remember) or just simply forgotten how the Threshold was dressed. As Africa’s gliding path curved into a large circle, her lofty gaze narrowed in dismay. Her intension, as pure and naive as it had been, was to relocate the place that she had begun here in Helovia only days ago, and start to explore her new world from there. She had been so confident, believing that if she travelled as directly north as she could, that the region would simply reveal itself once again- a task as effortless as it had been the first time.

Below, she watched a snaking river cut through a jagged mountain range. Extending her view further, the confused mare witnessed a growing mass of shimmery blue, swallow that same river where it tried suddenly to break out into the ocean. Africa shook her head, unsettled and bemused at the unfolding situation she seemed trapped by. Again she wheeled around, this time to the left, her grey feathered wings pressing powerfully against the shift in warm air. Levelling off over what seemed to be a saddle in the range, the mare was startled when a thick fog engulfed her; a cloud of sorts that she had not previously taken notice of, and the cold vapour licked at her warm coat hungrily.

Without delay (and driven by the flighted creature’s instinct perhaps), Africa lifted herself in a frenzy of flapping, dishevelled feathers, hunting for the opaque clouds apex. Wide, straining eyes struggled, but finally found the welcoming embrace of pale blue sky and curiously she noted that it hovered above a well concealed pasture. Both surprised and relieved, the young horse descended quickly, her neat round hooves cutting into the security of the lushly grassed loam. She stood quite still there, shifting her eyes nervously about. The space seemed so empty, unknown perhaps, except for the unmistakably harsh crashing of rock on rock echoing brashly off the outlying mountain walls surrounding. She turned and an apprehensive prickle of goose-bumps rose along her spine. The disconcerted horse turned again quickly, scouring the crags and crevices around her for the source of that reckless crashing.

A F R I C A

Hidden Account

The unforgiving ground gradually evened out to a small hill and the blotchy air broke apart until the blue sky filled the dark glare of the stallion. The scent was uninviting and cold, being that the high elevation made it a struggle for oxygen. Being used to the chill of bitter air, Crash drew in a deep breath and looked around the hidden meadow once he crested the hill top. A gray mare -a pegasus- stood a few years away from him, her eyes wide and bewildered.

How fucking lucky am I? the brute though, causing a devious sneer to swipe across his black mug. With an easy stride, the Gypsy Vanner neared the tense winged mutt. "What brings you here, dear?" His voice, thick and raspy, flowed with sarcasm as he spoke.

The sky was thick and full of low clouds, making him guess that the nearly impossible vision was what made her land in the first place. Crash sauntered toward her still, stopping only a few feet away from her. The concerned look that took over her expression satisfied him, whirling delicious thoughts into his head. The things he could probably do to this mare right now, and that she had no idea what he wanted to do to her strange body at the moment.

He stretched his head toward the female, his dark blue eyes taking in her whole body. Her over all look was very basic, nothing very impressive at all. Her tail though; that was some what interesting. He had seen bi-colored tails too many times for it to outstand him though. The thought of Arah's basic coloring was completely different, as she proudly held her antlered head high. She was all around beautiful to him. The wings that engulfed this mare's body though, what the fuck was up with those things? How unnatural it was to fly. The image of a gangly horse dodging clouds in the sky formed in his mind, making him raise his right brow. "So, who the fuck are you?"

Words: 340
Image Credit

Deceased
drawing by Riven

It would be a massive understatement if it were to be said that the impressionable grey Pegasus was both unsure, and very much intimidated by the arrival and thuggish attitude of the other horse- with a horn sticking out of his forehead. Africa took an increasingly troubled step away from him as he transgressed, regardless of her very obvious desire for personal space. Not once had she encountered such a being as he, and she shivered- a nervous impulse, at the same time turning to pluck (like one might chew their nails or suck their thumb) a feather, or two from her tightly clenched wing. There was no time though and she jolted away from his imposing presence, flinging her face away, when he paused (she indeed presumed he would continue forward), barely feet from her hunched, unavoidably cowardly form.

His voice was grotesque, putrid like algae filming across the surface of a stagnant pond, as it fingered her flickering ears- but she answered like a fool, inexperience shining like gloss through her wide eyes. Maybe a wise horse would have at that point, fled. “I’m lost...” She declared believing that he was genuinely interested while, tucking her chin defensively at his next advancement; leaning his head in close to her own. The sun stroked her dappled back though it did not feel warm at all; the air was thin here and bitterly cold when she drew an anxious breath and held it. All of a sudden (and perhaps directly influenced by this creature’s presence), the Throat didn’t seem so suffocatingly hot at all- in fact, Africa now wished a great deal, that she hadn’t been overcome by this wretched craving to explore at all!

She exhaled sharply at the closeness of his face, unusually bold but perhaps more so unhappy with him. “Africa...” Came the mumbled retort, and she swayed across her slender legs for a second gracelessly, unbalanced as his eyes scraped menacingly across her now trembling body. “...and you are?” In some respects, almost immediately after she had spoken, Africa wished that she had just not. If she had simply held her tongue and closed her eyes tightly enough, maybe that horrible horse would have just vanished- he might never have been there at all. She closed her eyes anyway; blocking him out the best (and possibly the most foolish) way she could think of.

A F R I C A

Hidden Account

The mare squirmed as he neared her small body, reaching back and pulling her own feathers from her frame. The brute scoffed at her nervousness, shaking his head with a twisted grin. Her eyes were wild with fear, her body obviously expressing the same feeling. With a shaky, scared voice, she presented herself. "What are you so scared of, Africa?" Her name slid out with hot breath, slithering in a way, out of his throat.

Dark orbs fell to the green earth where two feathers sat side by side. How simple was that? His conscience told him. But this mare was much too jumpy, he'd have fun with this, he was sure. HIs attention came back up to her small face. "Is it because you're lost that you're frightened, sweetheart?" Fucking with her mind, he used a gentle and silky voice. He pulled his large face back -giving her very minimal room- not even a full foot left between them.

Dark nares flared as Crash drew in a deep breath, the cold air filling his lungs with a slightly shocking feeling, though it did not bother him. The exhale left a steaming cloud rolling from his nostrils, evaporating into the blue sky above head. This made him wonder; why was it that the jumpy... what was it, Africa, mare didn't take off. Those powerful wings must not have granted her much strength at the moment. Or possibly she was too scared out of her wits to do so or think clearly.

Words: 251
Image Credit

Deceased
drawing by Riven

The high pitched call of an eagle resounded eerily through the grass expanse, causing Africa to open her eyes and blink skyward. It was a passing glance though; the eagle swept swiftly, effortlessly out of sight and in the same second, the rough voice of the persistent stallion broke the harmony of the out-of-place moment. She failed to notice at first, that he blatantly ignored her own question to him; the encounter was progressing so quickly and from Africa’s immature perspective, it was out of control. “What are you so scared of?” He asked her, almost spitting her name and she inadvertently dwelled on the question- wasting time, her pallid eyes narrowing as the horned horse all-to-abruptly altered his approach.

Initially she was relieved by his drastic change in heart, a meek and gullible half-smile finding purchase across her thin black lips. The urge to turn and pull feathers pulsed through her ears (she was quite stressed), but she could not break the fix his dark, sinister looking eyes held her own (brighter looking ones) with. Accidentally, and completely oblivious to his true intensions, Africa shifted her weight across each foreleg; in turn her clean right hoof lifted and fell heavily atop the delicate, wispy feathers she had previously plucked. For now she held that position, transfixed.

His ‘new’ voice cleared the small space between them smoothly, and apparently as charmingly as the bully could muster, and Africa nodded grimly and sincerely in response- she sighed remembering her predicament and stole the distracting moment to wonder where she was. So sweet-natured was she that the young horse was already pardoning her company of the bullying manner of his initiation of their conversation. She knew no other way. He (thankfully) graced her a little more breathing space, and she settled slightly beneath his shadowing, somewhat domineering presence.

“I’m sorry...” She began, hoping to refresh his memory and probe him for an identity, “...I missed your name.” Again she offered the humble smile, preparing herself for a more suitable continuation of their meeting- he had obviously left his manners, well, wherever it was that he called home. She followed his lead unconsciously, sucking deeply the fresh mountain air and watched quietly as her exhale seeped ever upward, eventually and most probably blending with his, far above their heads.

A F R I C A

Hidden Account

The mare leaned to her opposite side, her dainty hoof landing atop the -what he imagined- mite and other bug infested feathers. A scowl crossed his face and he narrowed his eyes at the gangly gray. Soon enough, she nodded in response to his previous questions. "You should be," each word crawled from his chest, growly but a very quiet whisper in a way that he had not heard from himself for a very long time. His white ears pressed back and his glaring vision stayed on Africa.

She questioned his name for the second time, irritating him. He wasn't here for small talk and he had already had quite enough. The easy tempered stallion took an aggressive step toward her. "That's because I didn't tell you, you dumb bitch." His dark eyes set down on the crushed gray feathers once again, quickly snapping back up to her tightly clutched wings. One lunge would be so easy to push her over and tear a mouth full off. But what would be the fun in that? Why not pluck one by one?

"I'll give you two choices." he started, taking a large step toward her again, towing over her small body. "You're going to either give me some of those gross things," he directed his attention to the light feathering of her wings, making it obvious what he was talking about "or I'm going to take them my fucking self. Got it?" The space between them was basically closed, his face inches away from hers. His hot breath ran from his mouth with each solid word, small puffs of vapor escaping each time.

Ooc: Sorry, he's a little bi-polar and pushy, :| Lol.
Words: 272
Image Credit

Deceased
drawing by Riven

Horrified and taken aback, Africa’s stomach began to churn as the stallion’s rollercoaster behaviour began to take a toll on her quickly fraying nerves. She balked as he seemed to hiss threateningly, "You should be” - a warning that even she could not misunderstand. Her fore-hooves dragged along the supple grass as she shied, mashing those feathers so that they were quite unrecognizable. An open frown broke through her gentle smile, flat off-white teeth parting fearfully when he pinned his ears angrily, though there was no time for her to ponder why. The large brute stamped aggressively forward, towards Africa, and she jumped back again defensively.

His immense agitation and anger towards the young horse befuddled her simpleness, and a hot flush rose through her face causing her open, alarmed eyes to swell with heavy tears. A notch caught in her throat in the same moment and Africa could do nothing to stop herself crying as he insulted her; with wicked and cruel eyes, thirsting over her fragile wings. She opened them in a panicked fluster, but there was nowhere to go, it wasn’t as easy and just flapping and lifting away into the refuge of beckoning blue sky above. She needed more space and her eyes began to search around him desperately for an escape route, but he closed in on her further- the spindle of his horn tempting her viciously to pivot and turn away.

Her pale white-grey cheeks were ever more stained as she began to sob uncontrollably in front of the stallion, and despair seemed to overwhelm her fear. Again the heat in his demanding words scathed her flattening ears, and suddenly his intention was as clear as daylight. Africa had absolutely no intention of ‘giving’ him her feathers (she did not ordinarily even think about it when she did pluck them), and in a brazen attempt to rid herself of the predator, the young horse quickly tried to spin around to the left, balanced unthinkingly with partially stretched wings- those which swished carelessly past where the stallion’s face had been, overbearingly close to her own.

A F R I C A

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Most people who got to know me knew I spent my days doing five things on a regular basis. Here, I’ll save time and comply a short list: I work, parent, train, recruit, try to unsuccessfully not “think about Ktulu”, and pray. Currently I was doing two of those listed five. Praying, meditating and making a valiant yet
unsuccessfully effort to not think about my dark mistress.

Guess which one was winning the concentration war? Eventually I sighed in defeat, caving into the wanderings of a weak mortal mind. Since before the dawn I had come here, early enough for the stars to start flickering out as I lay beneath the protection of a live oak. Mist settled as it usually did and I held no concern. This was holy ground, a place to humble oneself before their gods. A place for worship and sometimes to even have prayers answered.

Determining that I wasn’t going to get much worthy devotion time in and finding that my day could be better used for other things; ‘such as the other three chores on my list’. I stirred blood into tingling legs and rose to full height. All sixteen or so feet of glorious ivory unfurled without delay, the sun laced portion of my primary’s touched light only to glimmer with envy. Right wing had been curled beneath me and after laying upon it for a time the tendons had drifted into a state of sleep. Noiselessly I moved it to shake feeling back into hollow bones. This was of course when my sensitive ears caught the sound of others.

"That's because I didn't tell you, you dumb bitch."

His words had been soft to my distant ears, yet it struck a chord in me so forcibly, that the calm almost fatherly expression on my face vanished in an instant. My façade hardened into something that might hold a resemblance to chiseled stone. Narrowed eyes peered through the light fog, luckily my efforts were rewarded when the shapes of a pair came swirling into view. Undaunted by cloudy emotions of worry that I might be interrupting something, I start towards the duo at a brisk trot. Bottomless pools glued on the one being routed away from options; as the distance closed it became apparent that memory would serve to say I knew this girl.

She was a fellow clanmate, a promising sister. The rest of the man’s words were lost to me, drowned out by the beating of my hooves against forgiving soil, and the pounding of a heart.

Callous gaze turned to the older unicorn, taking in his appearance and the pointed weapon upon brow. Nothing I saw gave him reason to be so threateningly close to Africa and certainly no reason for her to be crying; smooth as silk gliding across the ground my smaller frame slides right to move beside the flustered lass whom the Throat deemed worthy of protection, just as she rises to dart left with wings failing out. Apparently still unaware of my presence, and apparently frightened. Calm despite the tension, I draw near to stand firmly rooted were she had just stood, “Ma'lady--give voice to grief and see it settled." Appearance might have been like the ice covered mountains in the north, but my tone when speaking to her is hauntingly soft and comforting. Head arches toward throat-latch, and body naturally balances itself in trained watchfulness. Though I had missed much of this conversation, the way he bore into her with those dark eyes was enough evidence that foul play was afoot. Tone slipped words out with a thickness that would make molasses seem like vapor,"I would see you removed from sight unless there is reasonable explanation for lingering?"

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hidden Account

The female's face turned once again, her pleasant smile widening into a horrified gape, the expression change sending a pleasurable vibe through the stallions warm body. The violence pulsed through his veins, sending an adrenaline shot straight to his brain. The stallion bore his pale teeth, saliva stretching to each razor sharp canine each male bore. Tears ran down Africa's dull colored cheeks, creating dark streams down her jowls; the sight was just all too funny for Crash to see.

This would be so easy, this dumb broad was basically so scared out of her mind that she didn't even know what to do. She spun, the tips of her soft wings gazing past his face. Reaching out with still bore teeth, he caught the end of one black feather and her motion helped him rip it out.. well, half of it anyway. The remains stayed securely on the female's body, half of the foul tasting flakes left in his wet mouth.

A large black and white splashed stallion -the trio standing generally the same height- moved in, taking the place the bitch had just stood. Damn it, now they're two different kinds I'm bringing back I guess. His over-confident conscience assured him. The fellow bi-colored male spoke with a cool attitude, referring to the little mare as "ma-lady." What, was this a soap opera now? Crash tried to ignore him, ripping his body toward the female once again.

The other male suggested that Crash should leave, only making him turn his attention back for a moment. He contemplated throwing back a hard kick toward the knight in shining armor, but why waste the energy?

Words: 275
Image Credit

Deceased
drawing by Riven

The situation was a blur spinning uncontrollably around Africa. Her heart drummed to a violent beat (a sensation beyond her level of understanding), and the pulse of blood through her frightened body echoed deafeningly within her flattened ears. Adding to the weight of dread bruising her green soul, the stallion seemed to feed off her involuntary reaction, the tireless dark glow of his penetrating eyes following her always, laughing callously at her misery. It was certain that the easily influenced Africa would not quickly forget this, her first encounter with a horned horse.

To her, the attack seemed to play out in sickening slow motion. She failed to see the stallion lifting his face as she pivoted away, his teeth fastening around the longest (and possibly most important) of her black flight feathers. Africa jolted to a standstill at the unexpected sting of her tightly rooted feather being pulled, and it snapped halfway down the shaft. Copious amounts of adrenaline were pumping through the young mare’s body and a light tingle lingered briefly where the remaining part clashed against the next, dishevelled.

Africa had executed only half the escape she had intended, and wavering slightly on the spot where she had come to, the mare watched the mean horse become sidetracked; a second stallion swept to her side. She had no time, perhaps no energy left, to react. The words though; his meditative voice, they nursed Africa’s disquiet and softened the serrated edges of her crippling fear. At first she couldn’t find his face through the blending chaos of events in her mind, but given the chance to breathe and renew her focus, the grey mare was comforted to find Midas (the first Helovian she had ever met, and brethren also now), positioning himself between her, and the horned stallion.

No smile rose upon her quivering lips in response, but her tears did cease, and their fresh warmth quickly faded upon her stained cheeks as the bitter air festered around the three horses. The build up of lactic acid in her muscles and sudden emotional fatigue prevented Africa from moving herself to safety for now- her long lean legs shuddered as they supported her, ever enduring, but she did not return to face the monster. She did not wish to see those lusting eyes ever again; she could still feel them boring against her flinching hide. A pitiful sob slipped between her clenched teeth as Midas addressed her aggressor. She could not avoid feeling a little surprised by his confidence (considering the situation), and the fluidity of his directive towards the other. She blushed, choking on another sob but containing it so that she might not look quite as ridiculous as she all of a sudden felt- now that Midas was here of course.

A F R I C A

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
This idiot of a man reminded me of the brash cur our family stamped into submission during the Invasion of the Foothills. Tharos, had been just as cocky and half-witted as the patchwork that stood before me. Sadly, I didn’t favor either of those traits. Already the fool had made a trilogy of mistakes, one—he had totally ignored me, two he made attempt to avoid me by pushing past to get at Africa, and three, 'perhaps the most serious of said transgressions'--he didn’t listen to my warning. Three strikes and you’re out. My ebony lips curled up to reveal a clean row of shinning teeth, patience snapped like the branch of a ashen tree that had long since died.

It had been my intention to avoid a fight; and had the lad given voice to his desires then perhaps our Gypsy fool might have seen needs met. I was considered to be a reasonable sort of fellow, but he completely brushed this option aside as if he wasn’t a seasoned stallion but a headstrong yearling. It was obvious that this coal cur bested me in years, but for what age lacked I would make up for with everything that had been thus far experienced. My title hadn’t been earned absent reason behind it. They didn’t call me ‘General’ for nothing. As this situation stood, the time for words had passed, bid farewell by most pleasant company.

My collar hummed for battle, its core sending a shiver of anticipation down my spine. Steel rapidly slide over loin, lashing blades upon pale feathers and horns upon my brow in a matter of seconds. While it was fashioning, my body doesn’t remain idle, and no further talk was offered. Hindquarters bunched up to absorb the weight of my flesh as I pushed upward into a standing rear. Golden daggers curved toward the right side of the heftier unicorn—my hopes were that they might strike down on his withers or spine as he tries to slice past me toward Africa; who had been standing on my left. At the same time my neck slithers out, pulling muzzle away from throat and extending it take aim at the top portion of charcoal mane or perhaps his fleshy neck with intent on pulling the brutes attention away from a lady we both seemed keen on. Colorless feathers remain tightly pulled against my sides, the blade like lashings at ready to slice and dice if need came.

A mile away, a slumbering bird peeked one eye open. Its pits the color of the sky, and deeper than that of the ocean. Fina heard my desire and felt the weight of armor through our bond. She rose from the trees, beak wide with a screech of anger igniting past flaming breast. Her fiery feathers extended, filling with air, and a few beats later she was flying as if ablaze like a falling star. She would arrive upon this battleground to either find me in need of aid, or my opponent crushed beneath heel prematurely.

Challenge:: Midas challenges Crash’s claim on Africa’s feathers and perhaps her life. He moves to force Crash into a full retreat. Standard challenge rules, 4 posts each + closing defense. Opening post in different thread:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=65...6#pid44886

Setting:: Fought upon the Heavenly Fields, misty day with light fog lingering upon the ground. Blue sunshine sky with sparse clouds. Early afternoon.

Word count:: 515

Magic/ Companion uses:: (0/2)

Buffs:: Endure + Swift

Summary:: Don’s armor. Rears up and strikes forelimbs out against Crash, hopes that hooves hit either Crash’s spine or withers. Tries to also bite at Crash’s neck or mane as well.

[OOC: I'm posting this here to save confusion for those that are wanting to post after me. Such as new people entering this thread. IT has turned into an official challenge and I'm assuming the rest of this thread will play out in the battlefields.]

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]