the Rift

Crazy is as crazy does (Robin, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>

I just wasn’t sure about this one. Her crazy rambling had set my teeth on edge and mind whirling. For once there was a hint of doubt, ‘had I been right to offer Robin a place within our herd?’ I couldn’t help but wonder if Kri would approve; though she was usually very open minded about new blood, something like crazy likely wouldn’t settle well with the Sultana. Mercifully the girl responded with sane words to my polite invitation and by the time we got airborne, I was thinking that perhaps judgment had fallen a little too fast, and a little too harsh. The wind whistled through my mane, tickling ears until they had fallen back across my skull. Limbs curled close to my barrel, I coasted through the empty sky , catching warm jet streams when able.

The land melted away into the brightness of a desert. Shadows couldn’t hide from the sun’s wrath in this place, scarce a green thing grew during the heat of Tallsun. At first glance it was a wonderance as to why any of us wanted to live in such a barren landscape, nothing but infertile earth, lime, and sandstone for miles. It looked vacant of all life, at least until our sanctuary, the ‘Oasis’ came into view. The tropical glade shown more brightly than a brilliant emerald gem, and was more valuable to our survival than all the magic of this world. Eyes turned toward her, a set of words flowed free. Words that I often spoke to those I brought to see this territory for the first time, “Welcome home, Robin.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]