the Rift

A Brief Pause, Marching to the Throat [Murder/Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The herd meeting had slowly arrived to a standstill, and Ophelia had left Tonka under the watchful, careful eyes of the rest of the Grey. She trusted their abilities to keep the foul impostor captive more than her own, as she was not tried in battle. Well, in war, yes, but not in one on one fighting. Still, what she had gained from Demetrie's memories was disconcerting and of vital importance, and the alabaster mare would keep her promise and visit each of the herds, warning them. First on her list was the Throat, for perhaps one of them would join her to tell the Edge of the assassin's target. Ophelia could not help but laugh at the thought of a barely two year old filly, massive guffaw of a stallion and Ignita trying to take over Mirage and her fighters, but the Edge deserved to be warned nontheless.

The alabaster mare kept to the shadows, cloven hooves carrying her beneath the emerald umbrella. Morning's light just began to creep over the horizon, barely visible between thick trunks, and the heat of the day was starting to settle in. Cicadas chirped in the trees and birds sang to each other; such was Tallsun. Ophelia wished that the Sun would disappear in the dark again, as she wanted no reminder of that God and his cruelty. To think that her devotion and love for him was once so strong... Phi shook her head, trying to rid her mind of those thoughts.

As much as her memories would not allow for forgetting, she had to try and reconcile the past and keep in there. South, moving south toward the sun's land did not help very much, and she tilted her ears back as she felt the map in her mind urge her icon ever closer to her target. But for now, a rest. Ophelia felt thick in her stomach, and she inhaled deeply, trying to catch her breath. She did not entirely understand this new development in her health, but she knew that she was a fit mare. Perhaps this weather was too humid for her lungs to function properly. Nothing else could possibly be a logical reason for her fatigue.

The heat rose, and she lightly brushed her tail around her fetlocks to keep the air moving. Why had she not chosen the Basin as her initial location of warning? Most likely because Psyche had a rather conniving attitude that would take effort to navigate, but she would eagerly take word games over this weather. A pool called to her lips, and she moved close, leaning down to take a sip of crisp water, hydrating her lightly perspiring form. A heavy sigh. "Onward, Phi, ever onward," she murmured to herself.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Murder Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people...

You never see the world rightly until you’ve watched yours fall apart.

Murder sauntered through the pines aimlessly, his cloven hooves leaving their stains in the moist and impressionable summer soil. If one truly looked they would discover their identical prints blemishing the terrain throughout the entirety of this damnable domain dubbed Helovia. He was lost, in more ways than one. It had been months since Murder had felt the company of his beloved kin, an absence which was recognized in every fiber of his being. Until he’d arrived in Helovia Murder hadn’t gone a solitary day in his thirteen year existence without his plumed brethren. That fortune had been shattered upon passing the borders of this realm where Murder would close his eyes only to awaken to the nightmare of his desolation.

The abduction of his crows had altered Murder into a peculiar behemoth. Having once been a logical and benevolent creature he had slowly dissolved into an ireful old brute, irascible and dejected. Even his prominent vermillion chasms appeared to have forsaken their luster. There was an emptiness to his pools, a yearning in their depths. His form was enclosed in mire and stolen life, his dreads were matted with terracotta and other earthen debris. Murder was the epitome of a soul in turmoil. His exterior reflected his inner chaos and anguish unequivocally; he was a wretched spectacle to be seen. Murder was reaching his limits for a certainty, his bones and heart ached and he had begun to have morbid contemplations. Infinite repose seemed so very inviting.

As these considerations pirouetted within Murders melancholy mind again he glanced around the woodland absently. Murder had journeyed here previously, of this he was positive, yet strangely on this occasion it seemed different, more vacant. It was evident there were still inhabitants within the expanse, which was revealed through the melody that resonated around the forest, though it seemed inferior to its former glory. The call of the fowls in the trees were ever playing with Murder’s head, depositing a nostalgic nausea within his morose belly. Auspiciously before the breakdown could once again commence a streak of alabaster stirred in Murder’s peripheral vision and he rotated his cerulean crania to observe the apparition. He was greeted with a familiar sight. The pearlescent femme whom he had attributed to the embezzlement of his cohorts upon their first encounter glided within the shadows of the trees like a dancer, exquisite as always.

Ophelia…

There was a constriction in Murder’s chest as he watched her mutely. She had said she would aid him in his quest but she had deserted him and though a trifling hint of resentment surged through his muscular physique it was hastily eclipsed by hope. When Ophelia paused at the pond Murder understood that as his opportunity to approach her. Swiftly he strode forward deliberating if she would even recognize him and if her offer of assistance would still be attainable. He coveted companionship more than ever before. Converging on Ophelia from the flank as to not startle her Murder kept his distance and studied her. After a moment of silence his jaws parted and his voice, forlorn and languid, broke the tranquility.

“Hello Ophelia…”

{ ooc: Oh my god...ew. I'm sorry, hopefully the next one will be better darlin' <3 }

credits in profile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia's knew the forest and its sounds as well as her own heart. In her few years, her mind had accumulated nearly ten thousand hours of visual, auditory, sensory, tactile and all other types of information. Normally, she would be able to recognize the breath held in silence by the forest as a strange presence approached. But for once, she was trapped in her own head, lost in her thoughts and confused by her own body, the one mechanism she thought she knew better than anything else. The extra weight she bore around her middle was disconcerting, but her neck and hips were still gaunt and lean, athletic and delicate. She leaned down to take a drink of water, hoping to clear her thoughts and quench her fatigue.

After being forsaken by the god she loved, abandoned by a dear friend, and had her heart crushed by one she thought she had loved, Ophelia had her own fair share of heartache. She walked a thin line between the dark and light, trapped in the gray. The moment in her timeline of life was tense, any stimulus able to knock her over one way or the other. The alabaster dancer was overwhelmed, and instead of heading north where she could clear her mind, she moved south to warn the Resolute of assassins.

"Hello, Ophelia...."

The mare's head snapped up sharply, ears tilted backward, and she turned her long, slender neck over her hips with furrowed brows. From the moment he spoke, she knew who the voice belonged to. Her memories were flawless, and she recalled everything in perfect detail. What she was not expected was for him to still be around. She had not seen the stallion since she had offered to help him regain his crows, and Ophelia had believed him to have left Helovia entirely. She would not have blamed him if he did. The gods, well... The gods she used to believe were benevolent had quickly changed her mind.

"Murder," she replied, her dual colored eyes displaying her recognition and confusion. He looked troubled from the very way his blue hide hung on his handsome bones. "I thought you had left. The last I saw of you, we received word from the God of the Earth about the return of your crows." Her voice was ever delicate, like chimes, but she held her injuries still from her recent battle. The right side of her face held a gash along her jawline that was still red and raw, and her hind, right canon was still stained with blood.

Ophelia frowned slightly and turned around to face the crimson-eyed stallion. Tinek, feeling a change in his bonded's emotions, quickly tumbled gracefully from the sky and landed on a nearby tree branch, recognizing the strange, blue stallion. The dragon huffed a little, remembering him yelling at his bonded, blaming her for the loss of his crows. Well, he had seen differently. With a slight flick of his tail, the dragon stalking the stallion with his crimson eyes, crouching on his tree branch, talons gripping tightly. "Much has happened since I have seen you, and I am no longer in the favor of the gods. I have heard nothing of your quest; I am sorry." Ophelia meant those words, and that was obvious in the sympathy that rested in her strange, dual colored eyes.

"I can help you, though? Or at least, I can try. We can ask the seer of the Throat if she has any news from the heavens." Ophelia offered, intent on keeping her promise. She would not leave him to venture Helovia and deal with the gods as long as she was able, but she did have errands to run. Ophelia thought that almost bitterly, not thrilled with that part of being a cheiftess of a herd.

[That was fine! :D ]

COME TO ME

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Murder Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people...

Ophelia had altered. She was not kindred to the mare Murder had encountered in the Threshold and this dismayed him as he considered her. It was apparent upon their initial confrontation that she had pain in her past; however it seemed as if her woe and tension had only increased since Murder last laid eyes upon her splendidly pallid form. When Ophelia jerked her dome upwards and rotated to behold him with her two toned chasms Murder felt an abrupt lurch in his stomach. He couldn’t describe it accurately yet precipitously he felt very insignificant, akin to a child who had just disturbed an exceedingly assiduous adult. Murder’s voids fell upon the laceration which weaved itself down Ophelia’s refined jaw. It was the hue of newly bloomed claret roses, and though it was gruesome it augmented a certain resilient beauty to the damsel’s façade. The blood upon her flesh brought out the color in her eyes so flawlessly.

Murder.

At his name Murder let his audits descent against his azure crania. The action was not hostile in the least and gave him more of a chastened appearance. Abruptly he felt as if he’d abandoned her instead, insulting her considerate offering of aid. Murder was ashamed of the brute he had transformed into throughout his time in Helovia. The only motive he retained for not making a hasty departure from this callous territory was the enduring anticipation of reclaiming his vanished brethren. Murder would not relinquish them to be play things to the vile divinities. Glancing away for a moment from the seraph that stood before him Murder recalled their meeting with the Earth God and felt a reinstated odium welling up within his core. The God had said he would return his crows and even encouraged Murder to seek them on his own and yet he had been searching for months, misplacing himself in the pursuit, only to still be utterly alone. The deities were cruel creatures, so bored with their omnipotent existences that they resort to brutalizing those lesser than them for regalement. Genuinely Murder pitied them as much as he abhorred them.

"Much has happened since I have seen you, and I am no longer in the favor of the gods. I have heard nothing of your quest; I am sorry." Murder’s gaze was cast downwards at this revelation though it perturbed him. How could such an altruistic being lose patronage from the gods? A strident exhalation was released from Murder’s nostrils as he regarded Ophelia once more, his sanguine pits staring profoundly into her inequitable orbs with a quiet desperation. How could anyone permit these deities their eternal devotion when the gods did nothing but exploit their supremacy and abuse their followers? Murder had never been a religious individual and frequently he was vexed with admittedly pious folks causing him to lose his derisory conviction ever more. It was not as if Murder didn’t believe, he was logical and had seen the almighties with his own eyes; he just didn’t desire to provide them with his reverence. They had never given Murder anything. In fact they had only ever taken from him, something he wouldn’t chalk up to the divine plan and remain ignorant. If they were worth worshiping there surely wouldn’t be so much despair in the world.

"I can help you, though? Or at least, I can try. We can ask the seer of the Throat if she has any news from the heavens." Murder let his tassel lash at his hocks as he listened to her serene vocals, always occupied with empathy and benevolence. There was a bit of reprieve for Murder at her returning proposal and he smiled feebly yet the concluding piece of her dialogue removed the grin swiftly from his maw. Murder had no aspiration to request anything from the gods anymore. They had forsaken him and so he would renounce their presence and influence in his life. Once he retrieved his crows Murder would banish them once and for all, a musing that pleased him significantly.

“Thank you Ophelia, you are much too kind. The divinities are irrefutably daft to expel you from their noble graces. However I will not accompany you to the Throat for an audience with this seer you speak of. I find I have no desire to appeal to the Gods any longer. If they had sought to assist me I ought have hoped they would have done so by now.”

There was venom in Murder’s tenor towards the end, a revulsion lacing every lyric that left his tongue. He really didn’t know what to say to the alabaster vixen, or even how she could help him. Murder just acknowledged he didn’t want to be at the mercy of the gods for a moment longer, for they lacked compassion. It was time to take responsibility. He needed to cease being doleful, and as Murder beheld Ophelia awaiting her retort there was a renewed fervor igniting within his demonic hollows. It was the impeccable moment to demonstrate to the omniscient what mortals were made of.

{ ooc: Sorry this took so long, my power went out and I had to pick up extra shifts at work. Hope its okay. }

credits in profile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia's expression of surprise was indeed more of a narrowed gaze, a threatening tightness of her jaw and violent hue in her strange, dual colored eyes. But those orbs of dual nature soon calmed when recognition settled in, murmuring his name. She recalled the event in which she had happened upon the blue stallion, the brutal, screaming tenor of his voice as he accused her of a crime. The turn of his ears told a story, one she assumed was of guilt, but he had no reason to feel such emotion. Slowly, she let her own, tulip ears turn forward, waiting to catch what words would tumble from his lips. A crease of his vermillion eyes made her wonder if he felt shame. Patiently, she waited.

Ophelia, ever kind at heart, though a bitter taint now festered beneath the surface, offered him aide, still. She had made a promise, and she intended to keep that promise. As he made an all too kind comment about her current status among the gods, she grimaced, the expression sarcastically dark. The alabaster mare turned her gaze away for a moment, an ache dully throbbing in her chest before she could tuck it away tightly. "I believe they would disagree with you on that matter," she grunted quietly, ears tilting back in anger at the gods, displaying the conflict that still plagued her.

Though continuing the journey alone was no issue, Ophelia did fell disappointed in the gods. Murder had done nothing but seek refuge under their protection, and they had stolen from him - something personal. She did not understand why the God of the Earth was unable to return his possessions. Her red-eyed friend was right; if the gods had wanted to help him, they would have done so by now.

The reasons to loathe the deities were quickly amassing, and that made Ophelia uncomfortable. In a war against the might of the heavens, the mortals would lose. Her sister's son was in no way equipped to battle his father, and with her sister's love of the massive stallion, she doubted that Ktulu would encourage the dethroning of a god.

What was she thinking? The heavens provided a balance, right? Ophelia's lips turned down into a slight frown as her mind ran off to thoughts that were unsafe and born of curiosity and bitterness. "If I knew more, I would tell you. I agree; if the gods wanted to help you, they would have done so. Perhaps I would have defended them before, but they abandoned us all. The veins lay in ruins, and I was cast out by the Sun." Ophelia turned her apologetic gaze to his, brows furrowed. "I am sorry."

A brief silence lingered, one that was both comfortable and peaceful at once - a settling of emotions and a turn of the wheel of time. Past became past and a bridge created to travel between what lay behind and what was to come. "Where will you go now?" she asked curiously. Not that it was any of her business to know, but Ophelia was a naturally inquisitive creature.

COME TO ME