the Rift

A Beaten Homecoming

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Her gaze was low to the ground even as hesitant steps were taken. She only looked up as the familiar small of the World's Edge entered her nose. She was home at long last...

Returning to look for her mother had been a bad idea. Sure her mother was alive.... But what the males of her old home now used her mother for was more than the young girl cared to think about. It had been a year since Kiara had left that place, but it had driven her insane as to the fate of her dam who had protected her so. Without so much as a word the young roan had left in the night to return. she knew had she asked anyone or told them of where she was going.... Well they would of tried to stop her. But maybe that would not of been such a bad idea.....

Kiara had arrived just as she had left World's Edge, under the cloak of night. Her mother had been easy enough to find... She was in a cave not far from the herd, some kind of magic holding her there. The mare's eyes had widened at the sight of her daughter, telling her to run and leave and she should not of return.. That was when she heard his voice for the first time... A tall well built stallion with a horn had been coming to see what the commotion was about. His words chilled the young roan to the bone, making her freeze in place. He told her should she fight or move he would kill her and her mother both for breaking the law of the land... But worst of all for Kiara, he was claiming her for the night.

He had beat her, the signs of her beating could still be seen in a cut below her right eye and several other marks along her body. But the marks on her body did not matter, it was what Kiara now held inside that made her sick. He used her just like the males did to those mares of the herd. She was now carrying his child. For a few days he had allowed her to stay in the cave with her mother, to see what her punishment had been. But on the night before he was to force her to the main herd Kiara made an escape again. She merely slipped away into the night.

The fact she was sure she now carried a foal inside her tore at the young fem. What would mirage and the rest of the Qian say? What would Breeze say? No she would not think of him, not now.. The main thing was she was home and would never leave World's Edge again.

"talk talk"

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

AYLIN</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
the moon looks upon many night flowers;
the night flowers see but one moon
</style>

I was in that area between sleep and consciousness, being lulled off by thee chirps of crickets, the steady hum of other insects, hoots of owls, and the songs of the night birds. Their melody was that of the night, of the Moon Goddess herself, and all of her children. As I drifted off my head had dropped and my nose was nearly touching the ground. When, suddenly, the melody stopped I felt as if I had been jerked back from the land of sleep. My dark ears tilted forward, straining to hear even a peep out of the chorus, but the silence I heard was deafening. Someone or something was coming.

My ears rotated, seeking out some sound that would be telltale of the urgency of approach and, hopefully, the size of whatever was coming. The only thing I heard was the silence.. wait. There. I turned my head to the right and strained my ears forward. There, I heard it again. The steps were a bit uneven sounding to me, it could have been the distance, but I heard it.

I took a moment to build up my confidence before beginning to make my way toward it, completely unsure of what or who I would find. I took a deep breath to calm my heart, which had begun to race the minute I had heard the steps. It's nothing, I tell myself. Nothing at all to be scared of.

At least I was right about that.

A gasp escaped me when I finally saw her. A mare, older than myself, beaten and bloodied. All thoughts of what might be lurking in the shadows disappeared as I moved toward her. "Hey." I say, trying to keep my voice calm, but the closer I get to her the more cuts I see. The one that makes my heart ache for this poor mare the most is the one above her eye. I don't need to ask what happened to her, I can see that she was beaten, but by whom I do not know. She's on World's Edge territory so I can only hope that she was not beaten by someone in our ranks. Would Mirage even condone such an act of violence?

"Come with me." I say to her instead. "You'll be safe."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Mikali Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
your heart is an empty room

'You let him do it,'

You stir, the marbled face resting within the coils of your hair shifting, riddled with emotion you can't care to place. 'You let him.. Everlong eyelashes lightly brush your cheek, stained-glass eyes reflecting starlight as they peel open once more, impervious to the towering trees, the thin veil of mist, the colors of the night. There is sorrow within the pools of color, deep and resonating -- consuming. Something within you possessed you to feel sorry, despite your excuses of youth and naivety, as you are sure he had heard so many times before. Sorry, for the tendencies born of rigidness and depravity. 'You let him.' Sorry, for the moment you ever let that man touch you, sorry for remembering the way it felt, the heat of his body against yours. And you could have killed him then, for his ignorance, once you finally pieced together the fragments of his heart, something you had never let out of your sight; you could have hated him, the way you always have, truly. He was already gone then, left to wither within your core as the days, months, years, passed, just like they always had before. He had materialized from dust and shadow, renewed your anguish and your angst, and disappeared all the same. You could have hated him for that too, if it weren't for the hurt in his eyes, the way the corner of his lips tilted downward, the scorn and pain and the memories bubbling beneath the surface of his skin.

You could have hated him, for being the epitome of your slowly unraveling heart, your night-mares and your daydreams. He is synonymous with destruction, like you, and yet, he will be the one to save you.

'You'll be safe with me.'

The feminine voices awakens you further, lifting you from your bed and into the sticky air of the summer night. The gusts of salty air kiss the hotness of your skin, something you have become accustomed to, though at first it burned your nose, seared your throat, the sounds of the ocean a lull instead of a roar. You move languidly, silently, as the tension in the air becomes more and more tangible, the static in the air nearly audible as you approach the two silhouettes cloaked in moonlight. It quickly becomes clear that one is beaten, broken, though you remain impassive, unchanging, even as you still, poised to run or stay. 'You're safe now, already.' Eyes briefly and timidly flicker to the girl with sienna hued skin, acknowledging her with a glance that lingers only for a moment before eying the wounds covering the lighter mare's body. 'What happened to you.' It is a gentle demand more so than a question, frail curiosity blooming within you. You had never been one for tact where tact is not demanded, and you were not about to change now. Despite the chill of your eyes that bore into her, unwavering, and the lack of expression within the lines of your face, it is disheartening to see her so, your misplaced loyalties directing the entirety of your somber, stoic tone. She should not suffer alone, you just do not understand, were never taught, never cared to learn, any way to help.

xxsimplicity-stock | fantasydesignstock @ da

Hoofbeats Kiara froze, her body tensing for impact from anywhere. surely it was him... Had he followed her here? All this way just to kill her? No. It was not that horrid rapist but a mare not much younger than herself. She gasped. Did she really look that horrifying? "Hey" The girl spoke, but the only acknowledgement the roan gave was looking at her. Her voice was calm, but she was no Mirage. In Mirage and Akaith's presence she felt safe... Not just theirs but Madryn, Maskan, and even Breeze had wound his way into her heart. But as none of them were here this girl would have to do. "Come with me." She pauses. "You'll be safe." Maybe she knew where Mirage was... or anyone Kiara knew for that matter. She hesitantly stepped forward to follow before quickly freezing again. Her ears flickered around and her body tensed ready to flee.

More hoofbeats as yet another mare arrived. "You're safe now, already." The new mare seems just as detached and void of any emotion. Her gaze shifts from Kiara to the other girl and then back again before she spoke "What happened to you." It wasn't really a question, more of a statement that seemed like a question. A statement that demanded an answer. However Kiara in her state of mind found herself unable to speak, to voice anything that happened. What she had found, what had been done to her, her escape... The thought whirled around in the young girl's mind. She stepped backward hesitantly, almost expecting to find someone standing behind her. It was with relief that she bumped into nothing. Emerald green eyes were cold, emotionless... No sparkle left in them. The strong Kiara that had left Helovia was broken and beaten.. The one who had been courageous enough to fight for World's Edge now stood trembling in fear at every little sound around her. Finally she spoke, her voice raspy and dry as it had been a while since the girl had anything to drink. "I.. Need.. To... See... Mirage.... and the.. Moon Doctor... or a nurse." She had to speak slowly, as the full trauma of everything that had happened was crashing in on her at that moment. The beatings... The... No she couldn't even think the word... All she knew was she needed help and soon.

"talk talk"

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

Sometimes tension was palpable, sometimes it seemed to travel across the lands at great speed, enveloping and dragging every thing down into a spiral of chaos. The art of reading shadows was one her mother, the very mare named for shadows, possessed, they seemed to whisper to her the deepest, darkest secrets of the land. Mirage possessed no such gift in the way of magic, but rather, she had a strong sense of intuition - she was sensitive to the subtlest changes, the most miniscule changes that might ripple across the land. Standing now, in the depths of her shadowy realm, the little mare's ears pricked up sharp, and her attention turned towards the borders.

The roan belle's absence had been noticed, just as the WeyrLeader notices mostly anything that occurs amongst her herdmates. The whereabouts of Kiara had concerned the mare, but the appaloosa had made herself scarce, and quickly. Mirage wondered if she was in the same situation, with the same threats looming over her mother, whether she would behave similarly.

With a small ray of hope the mare allowed herself to feel, she moved with a hint of haste in her step to the borders of her home, following the scents who had trekked the path before her, feeling her glorious golden queen guide her from above. But when Akaith's mental pull became more urgent, the mare moved swifter, almost silently, fluidly, into a ground devouring canter, weaving herself amongst the trees, taking the most direct route through the shrubbery to get herself there. Akaith circled overhead of the trio of mares, of whom Mirage recognised two, though the last one smelt mostly of the Edge - there were a few whom the mare knew Thor himself had recruited that she was yet to meet. She was sad that these were the circumstances of their first encounter.

With a warm warble the golden queen motioned herself down from the skies to land beside the strawberry maiden, standing up on her hind legs to proffer her scaly muzzle to Kiara in greeting and comfort. As the dark mare walked forth, she too offered her nose briefly to Aylin, before nodding to the unknown mare, and then allowing her full attention to fall upon Kiara.

"I am here, sweetheart. Come now, to the creek. Wash away the pain." The voice that erupted from her muzzle was deep and warm, laced with honey and gentle command. As she positioned herself alongside the appaloosa, she tilted her tiara towards the mare she was yet to meet. "I wish the circumstances were better for our first meeting; I am Mirage, and this is Akaith." The golden queen chirruped quietly as she glided before them, acting as a beacon in the darkness for the group to follow to the nearest sandy creek bed, where they could wash and rub away all the hurts that ailed them. Whickering small sounds of encouragement, the mare would not give up until the young mare was properly washed and looked after. While the mental scars were far from scabbing over, at least the physical ones could begin the healing process.

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

AYLIN</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
the moon looks upon many night flowers;
the night flowers see but one moon
</style>

I don't realize another has happened upon me and this battered mare until she speaks and finally draws my attention to her. Now, I've never been one to judge someone else immediately, but there is something about the unknown mare that strikes me as strange and I don't trust her. The feeling that I shouldn't turn my back on her is strong, but it is for reasons unknown and for the time being I shove those feelings to the back of my mind to analyze later, but still I greet her with a nod of my head. Right now, however, this beaten mare is the one who needs attention. She needs Mirage and the Moon Doctor and it makes me wish that mother was still here. If she were I would still have Tallis with me and I could send him off to fetch them.

A noise overhead draws my attention skyward and relief washes over me when I see the golden hide of Mirage's Akaith. "Hello, Akaith." I greeted the Queen, then begin to look around. Mirage couldn't be too far behind if Akaith was here, could she? I hoped not for this unknown mare's sake that she was close because in the darkness of the forest there was no telling where danger lurked or if whoever attacked her was still on the prowl. Moments later came the rustle of grass, followed by Mirage's arrival. I sighed in relief and touched my muzzle to hers when she offered it then looked at the appaloosa that Mirage immediately began to take care of. It didn't take a genius to figure out that they had met before.

When Mirage began to herd her toward the creek I lingered where I was, unknowing if I should follow. Mirage was capable of caring for the appaloosa and watching over herself, she was far stronger than I was and I could readily admit that. She even had Akaith to watch over her as well, while she cared for her herd member. Eventually I decide to stay where I am just in case the appaloosa mare's attackers come this way. I could at the very least send out some kind of warning for Mirage, couldn't I?

It's just an excuse, in all reality. I still don't feel worthy enough to be in Mirage's presence after disappearing without even a goodbye.

"."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Mikali Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

'I need to see Mirage, and the moon doctor or a nurse --' you shift, kaleidoscope eyes flickering to the girl with russet skin blankly. You suddenly feel very out of place within the trio, and a contempt rises within you as she looks back to you with skepticism and distrust. The light flutter of wings momentarily distracts you, and you flinch away from the streak of gold in the corner of your eye. You can only stare uncertainly at the creature spun of a fine golden thread, half in awe, half in a mix of fear and disbelief. Akaith, the skeptical says, and you blink, mouth moving to form words, but before anything sounds an air of command, comfort and authority chokes you off, the dark and feminine form moving swiftly towards us. You do not know her, but you have heard of the Dragon Queen through the whispers of the Edge, through the talking of the company that would pass you by day by day. You do not know her, and as she emerges, her body petite and beautiful, you are not sure it isn't what you expected of her. As she addresses you, you return into a stoic girl once more, wiping the disbelief clean from your face. 'Mikali.' It is but a whisper, and you are unsure of whether it is necessary or not, given the reason for this meeting.

She moves and you stay, standing half-stupidly as the two break from you, leaving the russet girl standing in silence as well. Truth be told, you are intimidated by the little mare, intimidated by the thought of dealing with the emotional trauma of the damaged girl. You are, but as your curiosity grows, you watch them retreat with restlessness, a backwards glance is thrown at the skeptical one as you gather the courage to follow, steps languid and calm as they had not gotten far.

wow, i struggled so much with this.
sorry for the wait/terrible post.
the next will be better. i promise.

As if her leader had heard her strained words Akaith arrived, landing beside her. Gently she returned the comforting touch to the gold queen's scaly nose. Not long after Mirage was at her side, and her body instantly relaxed. "I am here, sweetheart. Come now, to the creek. Wash away the pain." Numbly the girl moved with her, glad to not have to speak any longer. Mirage was here, Mirage would fix the external wounds.... The internal, the mental woulds however were vast and would take a long time to heal. She hated herself for going back... If she had stayed here this never would of happened.... She knew Mirage had spoken to one and touched noses with the other, which Kiara took as it meant they were apart of the Qian.

As they walked, softly Kiara spoke to her most trusted friend. "I should never of left... But I had to know...." Her voice seemed slightly calmer and steadier in Mirage and Akaith's presence. "I think... I think I am now pregnant..." Here her head dropped low in shame. Her body showed that she had fought back... That it had not been a wanted advance... but none the less she could feel it inside. Something was different. Her mind instantly set to worrying again about what the Qian would think.... She had been a proud Nurse, helped gain the Edge as their home.... But now she was the one who needed attention and help. She was shown as weak and beaten... Kiara felt worthless to her family, but she would not leave unless mirage told her to.

"talk talk"

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com
With gentle caresses and supportive gestures the mares made it to the creek, and Mirage wandered in without hesitating, knowing too well that the sandy bottom was kind footing to stand upon, even to roll upon. She listened as Kiara found her voice grow more steady, storing the information she gave with a silent, accepting nod. "The foal will be born and raised into the Qian, to be loved and accepted, just as you are, Kiara. It will not be judged for the crimes of its worthless sire." The tones that spoke the words were strong, determined, and clear. The mare had acknowledged the title of the quiet, new mare with a glance, unable to spare much more than a moment of her attention right now. She was idly curious as to why Aylin would not keep them all company - tragedies were indeed tragic, but they were a chance to show support for one through actions rather than just words, a chance for bonding to occur, for friendships and relationships of familial proportions to become more real and less, spoken.

Akaith flew overhead, scouting back to ensure the other two belles were following, encouraging them with comforting warbles to all take stock and refresh themselves in the creekbed. She demonstrated as much, as she dived into the shallow stream in a flurry of droplets and splashes, her scales glowing brightly beneath the moonlight as they carried the wetness with them after her departure from the water. Mirage flicked her tiara towards the dragon for an instant, allowing her antics to bring a small smile to her lips. Circumstances were serious, yes, but they would get better. Kiara had left her, yes, but she had returned, and her reasons for leaving had not been with criminal actions in mind, but a sense of soul searching - much like how Aylin had left and returned. Such things Mirage had done herself as a youth, though never did Mirage pledge herself to a 'leader', only those who shared her blood, or Akaith, had been worthy of knowing her whereabouts as she wandered across the planet. Kiara had left, and her departure had hurt, but the joy, albeit marred somewhat by the damage she now carried through the act of a heartless stud, outweighed the hurt - never would Mirage deny her, or any of those she knew were truly loyal, a position by her side, in her home.

"Come now, rinse your skin free of his essence. Akaith will rub you down with some soaproot, and we shall wander to the cliffside to greet the dawn, together." With a gentle nudge of her velvet maw, the mare meant to include all three young girls in her statement - Akaith was already gathering enough root to wash down all four mares.

[ Ya'll are welcome to mildly powerplay Akaith rubbing/washing you down, if you like ^^ Thought it could be like an equine version of manicure/pedicure feminine bonding xDDD ]