the Rift

soon we'll scuttle; pirates meeting

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[open to pirates and anyone wanting to join pirates]

Corsair had been graced with a slick, dark bay coat, not the best thing to have during tallsun. Don't forget that light is attracted to darker things, therefor those darker things will heat quicker. Corsair simply had to find a way to stay cool in the heat, which he did.

The Captain stood knee deep in the endless' blue's shimmering water. Waves lapped up to his shoulder, the salty spray drying his mouth and causing his eyes to water. But Corsair didn't mind, he loved the ocean all the same. It was part of his home, part of him. Speaking of home, other tenants shared it with Corsair. And those scallywags had a lot to discuss with their Captain upon this fine day.

Corsair headed out of the water, his coat stained darker than usual because of the ocean's liquid. He reeked of salt and sand, but didn't all the Pirates? The Captain trotted up to the shore of the beach, shaking his coat a bit to help him dry. His deep blue eyes scanned the area, but saw no other horses. Annoyed, Corsair realized he'd have to call the Pirates to him.

"PIRATES!" Corsair's voiced boomed, his vocal cords straining because of the volume. As the bay screamed, he threw his head in the air and paced along the shore, still searching for his crew. "HEAR ME NOW, COME T' YOUR CAP'AIN!" He screamed, probably audible to all ears within a mile of him. The bay stopped his pacing, annoyed ears flicking in all directions.

Now all Corsair could do was wait. What an irking thing waiting was!

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was getting better at walking, it was coming naturally to me. Although I did crash down once and a while, I could walk small distances. And I exploring! I loved exploring the beach! I had found some neat things... like this shiny round thing... and a pretty clear bottle. The bottle had smelled somewhat foul, and whatever liquid was inside smelled foul as well. There was a cork lodged in the top, so the liquid couldn't leak out. I had taken the bottle and the coin to a little rocky shelf that had a small entrance. I had put the bottle in the shelf in the way back, and I had made sure the coin was reflecting the sun.

Now I was out trying to find some more things to put in the rocky shelf. I walked around the beach, my nose to the sand. I made sure not to inhale, or else I would have a coughing fit. I glanced at the water, my eyes drifting to the crowd of birds in the sky. They were seagulls, and they were diving down and pecking at some lump. Tilting my head to the side, I wonder what it is. Food, or something special! Like treasure... maybe they want it too. Putting a serious expression on my face, I race to the crowd of birds.

What I find there puts some horrific images and memories in my head. A body, there's a body. A rotting lump of flesh, splayed out in the sunlight. Going to get a closer look, I dip down and sniff it. I choke on the smell, it's horrible scent clinging to my nostrils. Under that rotting smell, I knew the body was mother. here was faded crimson sand and the body was right where I had left it. The tears were already coming, but I forced them away. "Mommeeeee." I mumble, my word dragging on. I look up, watching as the birds begin to fly away. I watch the way they fly, the way they flap their wings.

I muster the strength I have to flex both my wings. They were large compared to my skinny little body, but they looked proportional. I begin to flap them, trying to raise myself into the air. I couldn't do it, it was too hard. Frowning, I try again and again. I feel myself getting lighter, and the ground begins to drift away. Screeching with both surprise, delight, and even a little fear.

A loud shout rang through the air, and I fall back to the ground instantly. I perk my ears, wondering who it was who was calling. Following the shout, I find the bay and white stallion. He had a big white tummy, and he had corks in his mane. I smile, trotting up to him. "Heree!" I say, a small smile upon my little lips. What was his name... wasn't it... um.... Cormair? No... Corman? No... what was it? Drawing the memories from my head, I remember what his name was. Corsair! It was Corsair! Proud of myself, I hear a faint whisper. Good job my little lass. Squealing in surprise, I back away. Who was that? Replaying the words in my head, I recognize the voice almost instantly. Mommeee? Glancing around, I perk my ears. Why could I hear her? I had just seen her body... or was that someone else? Ignoring the thoughts, I turn back to the Captain.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A change had come over the chestnut since losing Alvilda. He rarely spoke to anyone. He had been eating less, and it was showing in his lusterless coat and dull eyes. The only thing able to elicit a response from him most of the time was his daughter. He was her stalwart protector, only grudgingly letting her go off on her own, always waiting frantically for her return. He made sure she was able to get her meals from Cosette, sometimes forsaking his own welfare to ensure the mare had access to the tastiest, nutritious pickings whenever they grazed. Perhaps it was done out of gratitude. Perhaps it was done out of apology. Either way, he wasn't the horse he used to be.

A distant call dragged him from his stupor, and he drew his eyes away from the ocean. He had taken to simply standing on the beach, staring out at the waves. What went on behind his eyes was known only to him. Was the soul of his mate out there, somewhere? Soaring above the ocean of a different world? Was there even a life after death? With a sigh, he turned and began cantering down the beach.

He approached opposite from Amara. Vicer avoided the sight of his mate's body like the plague. The few times he had to draw near, it was all he could do not to scream at the night. The emotional wounds were still fresh, and seeing her decomposing corpse covered in seagulls would be like rubbing salt into them. Only the thought of his daughter alone prevented him from hurling himself into the waves to join her in death. Catching sight of his daughter, he trotted over and nuzzled her stubby mane, then turned to stand beside her. "Present and accounted for." he said to Corsair, giving him a nod.

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The mahogany bay felt the ocean caress her legs as she felt the small baby moving inside her stomach. She was getting bigger and bigger each day, and to know it was Corsairs baby filled her with happiness. Her mind drifted off to a scene of her and Corsair and their little baby running through the sand , the ocean breeze covering the three of them. It was a perfect scene, one full of love and happiness. A small smile covered her face as she watched Corsair in her vision, such a great father to his little baby pirate.

Cosette jerked her head as she was drawn out of her daydream by the voice of her mate. Corsair was calling a meeting. her long legs stretched out as fast as the y could. She wasn't as fast as she used to be, due to the life growing inside her. But she still grew close to them quickly. She stopped herself behind her herd as she made her way up to the front of the crowd, still standing among her family though, knowing it would not be appropriate for her to stand next to Corsair, but she dearly wished to.

She grew closer to her Captain, her love, her mate. She nuzzled his nose slightly and whispered to him. Good luck, me love before turning around and returning to the group. She stood there and awaited Corsairs words. She looked over at Amara and Vicer and smiled. How is the little lass doing Vicer? she said before looking down at her. Are ye hungry Amara? Cosette had been feeding the poor filly after Alvilda died. Guess it was somewhat a blessing from the gods that Cosette got pregnant and had milk to keep the little lass alive.[/b]

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Cosette</style>
Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.</style>

Image Credits

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered

CORMAC the BARBARIAN

The dark sooty stallion stood calmly in the water, allowing the salty liquid to caress his muscular frame and soothe his tense shoulders. Although he had now been out of the water long enough to learn to love the sand once again there was something about the vast expanse of ocean that he missed. The unending mystery of it, of things unexplored and unknown. He had glimpsed mysterious creatures of the deep sea as well as spent a large amount of time trying to understand the complexities of the reefs. There was nothing quite like it. Although perhaps after he received his magic he could use it to return to the ocean and explore it even more thoroughly.

Shaking out his salt crusted mane, Cormac stepped out of the water and onto the beach, feeling the sand shift under his hooves. Blowing a fine mist from his nares the scarred stallion started trotting down the shoreline in search of the rowdy company of the crew. Over the briny scent of the ocean, it was difficult for him to track anyone down and he had to rely almost entirely upon sight. The sight of a bunch of gulls taking flight a little way off seemed like a good place to start. Taking his sweet time it wasn't until after he spotted Corsair that he started to move a little quicker.

Although he would normally just continue on at his normal speed if it was just the Captain by himself, but the gathering of other pirates around him made him believe that he must have sent out a call for a meeting and that he was probably late. Cursing his deafness with all the fluidity of a sailor, Cormac pulled up next to the others, doing his best to make sure that he could see everyone's lips so that he could try their lips. "Ahoy there! Have I missed anything important?" A cocky smile quirked his lips while a little bit of a challenge made its way into his eyes. Although he accepted Corsair as captain, he was still a bit sore at the change in roles and probably wouldn't get over it until some time had passed.

ar ar ar
a pirate's life for me

Naeatii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
After meeting back up with Corsair, the captain of the Pirates band, and Cosette, I decided to follow them here when I heard the captain's voice ring out clearly and loud, summoning us here. I saw that the band was much bigger than I thought it to be, with three new figures, along with the Captain and Cosette standing on the beach sand. As I started approaching them, trotting with a slow gait, I observed the other horses, and what they were doing. There was a little filly present, looking quite excited and clumsy, flapping her tiny wings happily. A mahogany stallion, looking dull in his eyes brightened up when he saw the little lass, nuzzling her stubby mane. The other horse trotted up, speaking, and I saw Cosette talk to Corsair, and then the little lass started drinking from Cosette.

"Present Capt'n", I said trying to add in a little bit of the accent that belonged to this specific group. If I was to be accepted, this would commence a new life for me, full of never ending adventure, and a chance to change myself and my stupid accent. This was the accent I wanted to adapt to, and I was ready for this, ready to join, and I feel I've been ready for my whole life. I tossed my unruly mane, flicking my tail, and eagerly awaited what was to happen next, giving a wickedly excited smile to the horses that might as well be my future family.

Selene Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Selene
They say iv'e gone mad, yeah iv'e gone mad

Selene wandered the forest on the brink of thought. Leaves were loosened by the crisp bitter wind, the blistering heat of tallsun finally had released its grip. Previously she had met A Pirate in the threshold of helovia, the rugged Corsair who had apparently resided in the endless blue. She could only fantasize about the pristine beaches, soft fluent sands with an endless supply of beauty. She supposed that was the motive of why she took such a liking to Corsair so quickly, he inhabited the ocean. Her vision of perfection. She had flown over the ocean previously so she was quite familiar with the alluring fragrance and sights. She kept a vigilant eye, but her crimson pools also held a rather serene expression. The scent of pine and fallen leaves masked the faint scent of salt in the distant breeze. Intrigued, selene heaved into a brisk, spry trot ebony wings rested comfortably at her sides. The salt clung to the ambiance of the forest, the scent adhered to every leaf and every stone. Yet another scent filled her nostrils. Other equines? Peculiar. An opening could be perceived not to far ahead, crimson eyes narrowed as rugged but slim legs thrusted into a short strided canter. As the opening neared she felt as though she was making quite a ruckus of herself, so she transitioned into a walk as smooth as a delicate wave itself. Appearing through the foliage, her eyes widened at the sight of the pure landscape. It was just as she had imagined. Pure pellucid waters gently lapping at the shore with soft grainy sand sinking beneath her hooves. This was the life. Well, for her at least. The warm gentle sun felt marvelous against her hide, she wouldn't be caught dead in the open with the suffocating heat of tallsun. Scarlet eyes ventured upon several equines near the shore seeming to form a circle around one horse imparticular. Corsair! He was surrounded by four equines, a dreadful horn head, and a adolescent pegasi. What fun. A small snicker managed to escape from her maw as she straightened upright in a more haughty kind of manner. With every footfall it engraved a small delicate hoof print in its place. As she approached the throng of scattered species, she shuffled her brawn arrogantly, bumping strands of her forelock across her face.She stood clear of the horn head, giving the mare a look of disgust before circling around to stand between the young pegasus and Corsair. The juvinile pegasus was rather uninqe. She was gifted with a tan chestnut color for a coat with petty ivory markings scattered troughout her upper body. She looked to him with a kind reassuring gaze, before drifting across to the others. Then, it all made sense. These must be his recruits! "Hello, Corsair." She stated simply with a delicate fair tone. Despite her masculine muscular appearance, one couldn't mistake her feminine beauty. She looked to each horse with a half grin, nodding in greeting. Even to the Unicorn mare, she managed to force a smirk. She wasn't racist, but unicorns were never kind to her in the past so why should she be kind back? Large wings stretched upwards, the tips flaring open. She was good pace from each of the horses beside her, and also far more elevated in height than the both of them. She used her height for mainly intimidation, but this wasn't the time to be conceited or prideful. If she was going to join this band, she at least had to try to be polite.

"blah blah blah."

(figured i would join in if ya don't mind. :D)
Word count-598

Lythe Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Lythe
Chasing butterflies and broken dreams

It seemed to Lythe that he had suddenly woken up to a different world when his amethyst eyes viewed the flame clad trees of the forest. Tallsun had ended and with the beginning of Orangemoon all the deciduous trees have started to loose their leaves. Inhaling deeply of that rich autumn scent, the large black and white stallion shook the dew from his mane and grinned with the happy simplicity of a foal. Flicking his tail, Ly started trotting through the forest, stretching out his muscles after his restful nights sleep. Sending a cursory glance up towards the sky he scanned it for a moment before returning to look among the trees.

He had been traveling with his very first friend, a pegasus named Selene, to the Endless Blue and since she could fly and he was earth bound, a lot of times she would go on ahead of him and look around, but he would always see her at least once before he fell asleep. It just made him so happy to have a friend who actually wants to see him and make sure he is doing ok. His heart felt like it was full to bursting with a childlike trust that Selene would never hurt him.

As the trees started to thin, Lythe's nares picked up a strange salty scent that was strange and exciting. Harks flicked forward to pick up a rythmic sound of something, water? rolling around. Finally coming out of the trees, the stag's eyes widened in wonder at the sight that met him. Mile upon mile of deep blue water stretched out beyond the sand, sinking into the horizon in a white mist. Stepping onto the ivory beach he looked at his hoof curiously when it slid a bit before coming to a rest. Lifting it back up, he watched as thousands of tiny granules rushed to fill the space his dinner plate sized hoof had left while leaving a small indent. Putting his hoof back Lythe started walking, loving the extra pull that it needed for him to move his muscular body over the shifting mass.

Finally reaching the edge of the water, the stag allowed it to lap at his hooves and tug on the feathering on his legs. Throwing back his head, Ly let out a whinny and started galloping down the beach, dancing in and out of the waves. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he felt the wind slip through his mane and tail and over his back. He was prepared to run all day, except the world seemed to have other plans for him.

A group of horses suddenly appeared in front of him and he dug in his heels to some to an abrupt stop, a look of almost panic in his eyes that was difficult to see unless you knew him well. Frozen in place, it was only the sight of Selene among them that made him start moving reluctantly forward. After what seemed like forever, Lythe slipped his massive bulk between Selene and the little filly, nodding a polite greeting to the stallion who seemed to be in charge, but not trusting himself enough to speak. He hoped that he wouldn't try talking to him and that Selene would be able to speak for him. Turning his gaze to the pegasus filly that he was standing next to he smiled and spoke in a soft voice. "Hello there, my name is Lythe, who are you?" Tilting his head slightly, he gave the young one his full attention, not really comprehending that he was probably being rude by telling a filly his name before he told the captain.

text text text

"blah blah blah."

[ooc: So I don't think Ly is going to join the pirates, he's mostly just here because he followed Selene so yeah... Anyway, I'm totally ok if Corsair gets mad at him since he's being all quite and probably won't participate. :)]

Jack Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Dead men don't tell tales
Captain’s Log: Entry 5

Travelled to the Blue, shortly after, there was a meeting. All the pirates gathered, and it was an interesting group, that’s for sure. Jack out.

I travelled through the puke green forest with the Captain Corsair and the Lady Cosette. My thoughts of them being a couple were confirmed; I could tell there were definitely close by the way they ran together. Funny, how I stumbled in this land to find the only two love-struck dolphins in the whole sea about recruiting. I shake my head, still trailing behind them, but I know they don’t notice, since they are to entwine in each other. We go through forest for some while, then the trees started to disappear, almost like magic. He could smell the salt in the air, and all he wanted to do was run faster.

He did, and ran past them. He ran as fast as his lithe flaxen body could. His bandana was flying, not yet falling off his head, but almost. His earrings jingled like they always did when he was moving quickly. His blonde hair trailed behind him, long and flowing. Water splashed everywhere when he reached the shoreline, struggling to get himself in. He jumped from the sand, and pretty much fell in, but he didn’t mind. Salt water grazed his open mouth, and it was like nothing he could ever forget. He made sure his head didn’t dive under, but the rest of his body was submerged, and he whinnied in joy. For the rest of the day, he frocked in the sun on the sandy beach, taking a nap a one point after all his adventuring and exploring of his new home.

Voices awoke him, and he looked around, seeing the group was spread out on the beach. He arose quickly, and made his way there. He heard the latter part of the conversation, but he stated his name, making sure Corsair could hear him when everyone was done speaking.

“Jack, here and present Captain. I must say, this is a name home ye have, and I am proud to make myself apart of it.”

walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk".

Image Credits

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The first to arrive was little Amara, daughter of Alvilda, the mare who had unfortunately died during childbirth. It was a heart breaking event that weighed heavily on the Captain's shoulders, though he knew there was nothing they could've done to help her. Vicer, the little spotted filly's father, came up to stand by his child's side. Corsair gave them both a smile as more of the Pirates flocked to the meeting.

Cosette, the Captain's faithful mate, came to whisper good luck. Her belly was large and round, full with their foal, but she was no less beautiful than the day he had first met her. "Thank ye," Corsair murmured soft enough so only she could hear the soft words. She moved on to offer Amara a meal, so Corsair took advantage of the time without her to nod and smile to the rest of the crew members.

Cormac, the founder of the Pirates, made an appearance as well. The Captain was happy to see him back, but at the same time, curious about why he had left in the first place, angry almost. No one abandons his Pirates like that; if they are anything other than liars, cheaters, and drunks, they were family.

Next to come were the two newest recruits, Selene and Naeatii. Selene especially caught his eye, the way her ashen feathers shimmered so perfectly against her red body, it was hard as hell for the Captain not to flirt with her. Naeatii was her usual bubbly self, but she had seemed to take on a Pirate accent. He shot her a proud looking beam, happy to see her fitting in so well with the gang.

And then something truly unexpected happened.

A new horse trotted up the group without saying a word, simply slipping in as if he was one of them. Corsair furrowed his brow in confusion, watching the movements of this newcomer. He had the nerve to talk to a filly, but not just any filly, it was Amara. She a special member of the Pirates, cherished by all, and this stallion had no right to talk to her without the consent of Vicer and Corsair. "'Scuse me, lad," Corsair began, his tone more cold than his usual warm vocals, "If ye absolutely must talk to one of us, let it be me. That filly is not t' be even looked at unless ye be a trusted member of t' Pirates, and sadly, ye is not. Stay if ye wish to become one of us, but if not, then get away from that filly."

Corsair turned away from the new stallion with a flick of his skunk-like tail, leaving the 'getting-rid-of-him' part to anyone who would wish to chase him off. He had more important matters to discuss with the Pirates and was in no mood to get distracted at the moment, he barely even noticed Jack arrive. "Thank ye all for coming. We have much to discuss. As ye know, we had a plan to invade the Foothills with the help of the Aurora Basin. Sadly, that is no longer a liable thing to do since that land has already been invaded. I would think it rude in me mind to take the Foothills from such new leads before they've even gotten to taste a drop of power.

"It is too soon to be thinking of invasion with our numbers so few. I would like to see us increase by four or five members before we start thinking making alliances and invading a herd land, so I encourage ye all to be active in the Threshold," Corsair announced, his voice thick with it's warm tone once again and eyes bright as he talked of the future. But he wasn't done. "I have also decided that Jack should fill the position of Swashbuckler within the band. He be a great asset to the group, follow his instructions well," the Captain smiled, winking at his new Swashbuckler.

"Now, everyone, say hello to our newest members, Selene, Naeatii, and Amara!" Corsair said proudly, his eyes landing on each member as he gave them a nod of encouragement.

That had been all Corsair wanted to say, but he felt it was something that all the ears of the Pirates needed to hear.

"talk talk talk"

[Image: 50f03b5b5d58d]

Cosette Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Cosette looked back at Corsair and gave him a soft smile. She couldnt wait for it to be their baby. Her eyes quickly shot to a mare who rudely pushed past her. Her eyes squinted slightly in anger as the mare practically threw herself at Corsair, sure Cosette was jealous but she was not one made fore jealousy. But the look that the mare gave her was uncalled for. Cosette snorted slightly. Excuse me lass, I do not think I deserve such looks from ye dear. Please, be kind. Also, welcome to the Pirates, I will be looking forward to ye company. She said trying to stay calm and act mature instead of lashing out at her.

But the stallion that walked up was not one of her herd and she knew it. her instincts kicked in as she shoved Amara behind her and let out a warning snort making sure to protect the filly with her life. She knew Corsair would ump in too. Even if this unknown stallions voice seemed as though he meant no harm, the mare was not going to take any chances what so ever. She looked over as Corsair spoke to the stallion. She smiled proudly at him. He was such a brave and good leader.

Her muscles relaxed slightly as she looked over at Vicer and smiled. She looked at all the other horses that came to before listening to her mates proud words. She looked at Jack when he ws announced as Swashbuckler. She nodded in agreement with Corsairs decision. Jack would make a great swashbuckler. He was brave and also had experience. A good lad to me in second command.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Cosette</style>

Image Credits

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered

"Just fine, Cosette." said the chestnut, looking down at his daughter. She was still gawky and small, too small for her age, but she was still healthy, at least. Cormac was next to come, and he nodded in his direction. A bay mare was next to come, then a pegasus mare, chestnut like himself but with black wings. Her haughty carriage made him smirk, but when she stepped closer to his daughter his neck became arched and he sent a subtle warning glare at her. He had grown protective of his small, frail daughter, especially after the death of his mate. Another horse joined them, this time a stallion of large proportions. He addressed Amara in a quiet, friendly voice, but Vicer snorted at him all the same. Corsair and Cosette joined in, warning him away from Amara. He nodded at Cosette when she glanced at him, and, satisfied they had made themselves clear, watched as a final horse appeared, another stallion, heavily accessorized. His bandanna made Vicer snicker quietly, but he did find his earrings interesting. He surveyed the group, noting their increased numbers with pride. They wouldn't be obscure for long.

As Corsair began to speak, Vicer grinned at the mention of herds and invasions. True, they might need a few more members, but they were on their way. As the bandanna-clad stallion was named, Vicer's gaze swung over to him and he looked over him with his usual cocky expression, openly judging the stallion. He certainly didn't know this horse. Whether or not he proved to be a decent Swashbuckler was up to him to prove.

He smiled proudly as Amara was officially welcomed into the group, as well as the two mares that had joined them. The black and white male was not named, however, and he looked him over with slight suspicion.

(Overdue and short post is overdue and short.)

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

Pirates</style>

Image Credits