the Rift

Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
This idiot of a man reminded me of the brash cur our family stamped into submission during the Invasion of the Foothills. Tharos, had been just as cocky and half-witted as the patchwork that stood before me. Sadly, I didn’t favor either of those traits. Already the fool had made a trilogy of mistakes, one—he had totally ignored me, two he made attempt to avoid me by pushing past to get at Africa, and three, 'perhaps the most serious of said transgressions'--he didn’t listen to my warning. Three strikes and you’re out. My ebony lips curled up to reveal a clean row of shinning teeth, patience snapped like the branch of a ashen tree that had long since died.

It had been my intention to avoid a fight; and had the lad given voice to his desires then perhaps our Gypsy fool might have seen needs met. I was considered to be a reasonable sort of fellow, but he completely brushed this option aside as if he wasn’t a seasoned stallion but a headstrong yearling. It was obvious that this coal cur bested me in years, but for what age lacked I would make up for with everything that had been thus far experienced. My title hadn’t been earned absent reason behind it. They didn’t call me ‘General’ for nothing. As this situation stood, the time for words had passed, bid farewell by most pleasant company.

My collar hummed for battle, its core sending a shiver of anticipation down my spine. Steel rapidly slide over loin, lashing blades upon pale feathers and horns upon my brow in a matter of seconds. While it was fashioning, my body doesn’t remain idle, and no further talk was offered. Hindquarters bunched up to absorb the weight of my flesh as I pushed upward into a standing rear. Golden daggers curved toward the right side of the heftier unicorn—my hopes were that they might strike down on his withers or spine as he tries to slice past me toward Africa; who had been standing on my left. At the same time my neck slithers out, pulling muzzle away from throat and extending it take aim at the top portion of charcoal mane or perhaps his fleshy neck with intent on pulling the brutes attention away from a lady we both seemed keen on. Colorless feathers remain tightly pulled against my sides, the blade like lashings at ready to slice and dice if need came.

A mile away, a slumbering bird peeked one eye open. Its pits the color of the sky, and deeper than that of the ocean. Fina heard my desire and felt the weight of armor through our bond. She rose from the trees, beak wide with a screech of anger igniting past flaming breast. Her fiery feathers extended, filling with air, and a few beats later she was flying as if ablaze like a falling star. She would arrive upon this battleground to either find me in need of aid, or my opponent crushed beneath heel prematurely.

Challenge:: Midas challenges Crash’s claim on Africa’s feathers and perhaps her life. He moves to force Crash into a full retreat. Standard challenge rules, 4 posts each + closing defense. Opening post in different thread:: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=65...6#pid44886

Setting:: Fought upon the Heavenly Fields, misty day with light fog lingering upon the ground. Blue sunshine sky with sparse clouds. Early afternoon.

Word count:: 515

Magic/ Companion uses:: (0/2)

Buffs:: Endure + Swift

Summary:: Don’s armor. Rears up and strikes forelimbs out against Crash, hopes that hooves hit either Crash’s spine or withers. Tries to also bite at Crash’s neck or mane as well.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Crash Course Posts: 74
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 9 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Ragnar :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Nevada

[Image: 14uhyty.jpg]
In the fields the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning

Even though it was the pathetic little mare that had Crash's full attention, he could feel the riveting power unfolding from behind him. His large head turned, dark orbs taking in the full sight of the splashed brute before him. Armor, silver and sharp, slid across his lean body quickly, knives crawling up his massive wings. Fuck, was the first thing that crossed Crash's mind. What was he supposed to do against this?

His thick body swerved to face Midas just as the stallion rose on his back legs, golden hooves flying toward Crash's back. His body tensed, ready for the solid strike to smash down. Naturally, he jumped back, lashing out at the bare jaw of his opponent. Midas' heavy hooves sliced down Crash's white shoulder due to his quick backward movement. The slice burned, surely dripping blood down his ivory painted pelt.

Not knowing anything about fighting at the age of seven, Crash felt ridiculous. This stallion obviously knew what he was doing, unlike Crash. Having this thought through very quickly, Crash pushed his weight onto his front legs, throwing out silver hooves toward the metal-plated male, not quite sure where it was going to land at all.

All this over a few stupid ass feathers. Jesus, what had he gotten himself into? Even though he was going to try with all the might he had to not be beaten by a fucking pegasus, he remembered Sno's words. Something about "not underestimating your opponent," or something like that. Midas reached out to grab the thick mane that flowed over his heavy neck, grappling onto a tiny amount to rip it from his neck.

Ashes where the bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power

Sum: Is cut by Midas' hoof on his shoulder and bites at Midas' jaw/throat, then kicks toward him (may hit at any point), resulting in Midas pulling a few hairs from his mane.
OOC: Sooo late, I'm sorry! My internet stopped working, Dx
Words: 275
Lyrics: "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath
Image Credit

Please tag me in all posts.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
drawing by Riven

i'm a spacebound rocket ship; and your heart's the moon

Quite indulged by the burly partition of Midas’s primed body, Africa found her previously flailing composure return rather too quickly- blood drowning the fear from even the furthest limits of her dappled body. A choking sense of foolish ineptness, erupted into flushing embarrassment in place of the latter, and Africa knew the grey skin beneath her tear stained cheeks was blushing uncontrollably. That was not to say she was unappreciative. Actually, two significant milestones had been achieved this day, and she accepted the weight of these lessons with humble diligence. She was growing up in a sense, maturing by way of this encounter as a whole, and a new line of thinking seemed to swell.

An overwhelming sense of belonging cloaked the raw young horse- she was from the Throat, and as she retreated with haste to the shelter a craggy granite cliff face she made sure to arc the curve of her neck a little (though arrogance held no place in the humility of her personality). Although the withdrawal could not disguise her gutlessness, Africa’s eyes trained to her ‘brother’ industriously. She refused to accept any excuse allowing helplessness unchain her involvement. Instead she seized this perfect opportunity to bear witness to Midas’s profession and be taught- even if war still found no enjoyment in her peaceful, gentle soul.

Africa turned and the inexperience of her unchipped hooves scattered stone as she did so; a stark contrast to the astute manner of Midas’s steps. She frowned inwardly, concentrating and noted that greater care should indeed be taken with even the tasks she thought to be most trivial. Tucking the curve of her rump against the rough cold wall, she leaned back (though not to find comfort while Midas locked her own opponent into battle) and let her eyes discover the arts of his labour. She never wondered of the whereabouts of the glowing bird-creature that he had travelled with that day- Africa still held no understanding of the significance of such a partnership. In the same way, the grey horse had not recognized the worth or reason behind the strange dressing which circled his neck, resting just above the winged stallions breast. Yes she had seen it, but shyly and soon enough distracted, she had not given it much thought. Now she watched with plaguing interest as shining armour (though she did not know the word) grew across his rippling hide; wrapping against his haunches and concealing his great wings; even mimicking her enemy with horns of his own. Africa was astonished as she watched on with ever widening eyes. Magic indeed, the yearning desire to gain knowledge of such wonders burned deep within her aching chest.

Midas attacked then, and the passive mare’s lips opened inelegantly as she was both moved and troubled by the colours of war; she fought to watch, it was her duty, but it was certainly not something she would treat herself to again soon (if she could help it).

The persistent fog dithered, unnoticed about their fetlocks and Africa could still feel that prickle fingering her flinching hide; the horrid stallion’s eyes still stealing lusting glances from her direction. Although the threat had eased, the sensitive young mare felt distaste slick across her saliva-soaked tongue- impulsively; obliviously, her twitching lips found a feather and fondled it about for a second. Then she plucked it and let it fall away, a soft puff of breeze pulled it safely from her feet, playing with it as it fell to rest amongst a cluster of loose stone. To her, it was as though she had never strayed from the battle at hand, and Africa continued to observe as Crash retaliated, sustaining a heavy, cutting blow to his shoulder- his bother increasingly apparent. She did not smile though, even as injury befell the brute, instead she winced uncomfortably, her billowing heart lurching on impact. The battle went on.

A F R I C A

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He hadn’t seen nothing yet.

I was going to grind this idiot into the dirt, and by the act hopefully make it home before lunch. My golden knife like feet aim true and unicorn flesh peals away like blades of grass being sliced by the wind. Crimson now stains my feet, his foolish blood spent over the silly pride of a bully. There is no remorse, but I also wasn’t gleeful that our meeting had come to this. My normally gentle spirit took no pleasure from overwhelming the senses of another, rendering them helplessly lost. I tried to remind myself that Africa had been the victim in this, and everything that this patched brute got was more than deserved.

He finally turns to me, putting my attacks in the foremost portion of that pointed brain. A wise choice considering the circumstances. My eyes are wary of his silver laced sword; despite having armor the piercing points of a horn can be harmful. No real damage has been dealt thus far on either side, my efforts are still borderline warning. This didn’t have to result in the loss of anything, the similar painted one could turn from me now; run for the hills. I wouldn’t follow.

My enemy's teeth come at me, but I’ve already pulled up and away to bite at his nape. Uncovered flesh is out of his reach, my horned face is curved toward the fleshy part of a coal black unicorn neck. His mouth falls on steel mail instead, teeth brushing my heavy chains harmlessly; while my yellow ivory’s pluck a mouthful of locks from his body. The upper part of my frame starts to fall forward, having lost momentum and willingness to stay in a rear.

Surprisingly my opponent managed to spin round and swing a kick toward my armored breast after missing an attack on my jaw. My hindlegs peddle my Campolina extremity backwards, reeling from him in hopes that I could somehow avoid this sudden blow altogether. The gypsy's burst of speed is surprising and a little unexpected, I had hoped to be the swiftest of the two. Collared flesh tenses beneath the alloy as his back hooves find my breast plates before I’m fully out of range. They strike heavily against the metal, causing the air that was obviously held in lungs to be instantly expended.

A sound passes between my lips, “oomph” as the weight of his thrust throws my stance back a step. His attack has power behind it, angry power. He was going to make this even easier, easier for the beast that was within myself to emerge. I feel a responding fury rise from the pits of my soul; he wasn’t going to back down, and fortunately, neither was I. It takes me a second to gather myself and inhale a sorely needed breath, wings unfurl. Snapping viciously from my barrel and thrusting powerfully down. One beat, two beat. Their might having to compensate for the lack of instant current, and for the fact that my armor is weighting me down. It takes a moment to get skyborn, the speed of rising is aided by small size and training. Knifes along my primary’s flash against the patched sunlight. Mist swirls around me, gathering with a downstroke.

Sunlit wings hold me aloft; anger for this foolishness flashes, sparking behind the bottomless pools of my eyes. I can feel the beast of wrath coil and purr, its belly still hungry for more blood. More agony, at his expense. What many didn’t know, and what I myself hardly knew was that this beast was fought on a daily basis.

I didn’t linger for but a moment, staring down at the bully below. He deserved this. My magic pours from its inner spools, unwraveling to tug along earth’s plates. Pulling them to do my will, to do as I commanded. My soul calls upon an earthquake to shake his resolve and hopefully throw the inexperienced man to the ground. Beneath his hooves he might feel a tremble at first, a shake, and finally a violent rumble of earth that would send our battle field into spasms. In that small part of my awareness that wasn’t full submersed in magic, I realized that Africa hadn’t fled the area. She lingered near a rock formation, her body quivering from what I guessed was fright.

Round:: (2/4)

Word count:: 729

Magic/ Companion uses:: (1/2)

Summary:: Flies up and summons an earthquake to shake Crash up and hopefully throw him to the ground, if not at least make him stumble.

Hidden Account

Thankfully -and completely out of luck- his thick hooves collided with the metallic covering that flowed over Midas' body, square in his chest. The stallion, who still stood on his hind legs, wheeled back and let the hard gust of air release from his lungs. Thank god he had actually gotten a hit in, he hadn't expected that at all. His opponent came back to all fours, his golden knife life hooves coming back to the grassy earth. Just as they touched, his large wings unfurled, the knives that laced the edges sprawled out as well, letting Crash get a full look at them for the first time.

Crash took an uneasy step back toward Midas as his wings slashed through the air, eventually lifting his body up to dance in the misty air. White ears perked up, watching the male just balance in the air. At first, a small smirk lingered over Crash's black mug, believing that his opponent was running off. Fuck, was he wrong. The floating brute seemed to be concentrated on something, but what it was Crash had no idea.

The earth below the sturdy draft began to quiver, quickly escalading into a violent shutter. Unaware -and not very graceful in the first place-, Crash stumbled to his right, the earth tossing him back to his left before he even knew it. Naturally, he threw out all four legs into a wide stance, not helping him by much, but calming the rocking of his body a little. His dark blue eyes watched the ground, but rose back up to the winged male in the vapor filled air.

Across the way, the dingy mare stood a top rough rocks. His mind worked it's way around the scene, creating a plan to escape from the belching and lurching patch of ground and run at the gray bitch. He could easily grab a mouth full of those feathers -preferably the black ones-, and leave without bothering with the other pegasus. Though this was not the case. Instead, his clumsy steps stopped once he was tossed backward again by the rolling crust, making him lose his balance all together and fall to his front knees with a hard thud.

Sum: Crash makes contact with Midas' chest, only then does Midas jump into the air and create a violent earthquake, making Crash fall to his front knees.
Words: 369
Image Credit

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The sharp snap of the still unnamed bully stallion’s teeth, cracked ruthlessly through the air. The muffled but constant thump... thump...thump... of so many hooves floundering across the supple, sweet grass, promised no peace and quiet in that field so favoured by the spiritual. The unbreakable tenderness of Africa’s heart was being put to the test as she watched, bewildered as the two stallions seemed to her to be scrambling round and round aiming to maim one another into submission. She saw a chaos of trailing long hair and churning legs, all wrapped together by steel-grey armour that glistened with unfortunate and untimely beauty. In her inexperienced eyes, they were a spinning blur of confusion.

Although she understood quite clearly that her safety had been the cause for the vicious scuffle, she was at a loss that something so violent and unpleasant could hold so much skill- like a fine art actually. The flicker of her quiet pale eyes followed each expert manoeuvre Midas made both admiringly, and filled with simmering discontent. In contrast, she slipped awkward fleeting glances towards her pursuer as he seemed to bumble about his opposition, quite clueless and his assaults unpractised. The humble young horse pitied the vulnerability she observed. Perhaps she thought, brushing her face momentarily against the slope of her dappled shoulder, she would find a counter for such horrid brutality. Surely there would be a discoverable magic for her to seek out, to aid those beaten and bruised by battle.

Africa returned her focus swiftly, the thick and unmistakable sound of beating wings filling the field, and the lingering fog dispersed in wild twisting flurries. The Pegasus stallion’s ascent caught her completely off guard and she staggered across well clenched legs as she watched him suspended gracefully. Africa’s wide eyes flooded with the reflection of his mid-air poise, enamoured maybe, but there was no time to dwell as the earth began to rock aggressively backwards and forwards. Automatically, the mare’s wings unfurled and pressed into the air as it was stirred by Midas’s own suspension. Even though her knees jerked clumsily, fighting the earthquake for balance and composure, she found the leaping strides required to launch bravely towards the horned horse (she stood much taller than Midas, and her body held more mass making flight a more cumbersome task). Flapping with urgency, the mare lifted high into the air above the earthbound stallion and she circled skilfully away from where Midas draped between his splendid wing-span.

The icy thin air filled her lungs as she climbed effortlessly across the lofty currents, and Africa turned south, abandoning the hideous scene and escaping the entrapment of that horned beast. Inwardly- hopefully, she imagined there was nothing further she could achieve by being present. As much as she wanted to stand by the stallion who had shown her such unconditional clemency, the grey mare did not want to burden his efforts with reckless hindrance. They would meet again at home.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

The earth shook violently to the musical tune of nature; and guess who the orchestra master was for today’s viewing pleasure? Well…It certainly wasn’t our oversized bully that was swaying below. Earth’s pitching started to take on the likeness of waves bouncing through the ocean, little fissures were popping and cracking open.

Soil and grass shook apart, and the ground split right down the middle between where Africa was clinging and where the Gypsy now stood—trying vainly to brace against a shudder that was sure to make him collapse. I hadn’t meant for my clansister to feel the rocking of an earthquake, but such things are hard to control. Africa finally took to heaven, fleeing the scene. This was actually a boon for me, it was one less body to worry about should the unlikely happen and the tides turn in my enemy.

When our unicorn friend hit his knees I let the power wane with satisfaction, the golden spools slipped free of me and issued a firm reminder of just how heavy sheets of steel could be. Breath came just a little bit heavier, but so far not a single drop of sweat had emerged across my body. This just wasn’t a battle I felt challenged, the odds seemed overwhelmingly in favor of me. But, I knew better than to underestimate an opponent. Cowering wolves still bore sharp teeth, especially when backed into a tight corner. It took energy to produce an earthquake of forceful proportion, but seeing his disgruntled look made it all worth the price. Before he could recover, I plunged down, beating my wings hard and slicing left. Upon approach my body slides into a slight angle. The sword along my left wing juts out, aimed to slice smoothly down the patched man’s bent spine or across the left portion of his barrel.

While I was falling forward into my attack, a sudden screech fills the air--it rocked the bones in my body by how furious she sounds. This wasn’t just a Fina’s irritable 'shriek', it was hormonal, temperamental and thirsty for blood. My lips twist into a small smile as my little Phoenix comes into view from behind the Gypsy. She shoots toward us through the mist, her body a bright star of flame, fury and passion. No amount of smog can conceal a bird of fire; in fact the steamy mist seemed to flee from her and disappear. As I slice left, Fina angles to my foe's right, pushing for the right side his hopefully exposed barrel. Proudly I’m able to catch the faintest of glimpse as her talons stretch out to slice meat, and wings of heat beat with intent to sear his flesh into a mess of charcoal.

Round:: (3/4)

Word count::

Magic/ Companion uses:: (2/2)

Summary:: Lets the earthquake magic fade, lunges left while still flying. Aims to slice a path along Crash's barrel or spine with his armored wing blades. Fina, Midas's companion enters the scene--she aims for Crash's left side tries to sideswipe him with her talons and wings.

Hidden Account

What else was there for him to do? Obviously one of the Gods must have been watching, waiting to see Midas give one final blow to Crash's hide and make the stallion collapse one last time. He wasn't about to let that happen though. What kind of a bitch wouldn't fight all the way through? These thoughts ran through his racked brain as the earth came to a subtle halt, leaving a quivering after shock running through his bones.

The draft hurried to his feet just as the floating male dove down, slashing at Crash with metallic daggers. Luckily, the knives missed his hide by just a quarter of a inch with the ungraceful movement of the Vanner. His thick silver hooves found the ground again, instantly backing up and rising to his back legs. The coal colored belly of his opponent was nearing the black and silver laced horn that erected from his large head. With a harsh thrust from his strong hind quarters, Crash pushed his body up, hoping to pierce the under side of Midas.

A screech found his white ears, causing them to prick up from the thicket of his mane and rotate toward the sound. Just as his dark eyes found the bright, flaming bird, her molten talons ripped his hide; now leaving large gashes in his left shoulder as well. A squeal of pain ripped from his throat, but the heat from the phoenix's body seemed to close the wound almost instantly, leaving only small trickles of blood running from each his left side.

The adrenaline that pumped through his large body seemed to make everything disappear, but he knew better. Each shoulder was now throbbing in pain; his right due to a deep slice from Midas' hoof and his left due to the phoenix. Thankfully he couldn't feel the ache from where a thin chunk of his mane had been ripped from the roots, but he was sure it would present itself later.

Sum: Dodges Midas' wing and rears up, hoping to stab his belly with his horn. Midas' phoenix rips his left shoulder deeply, but is nearly fully cauterized (spelling?) by the heat from her body.
Words: 330
Image Credit

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

He could have fallen. He could have ran. A billion of things could have been done, but alas. My foe did nothing that proved anything beyond his thick skull was active. Perhaps his brain had turned to mush after being rattled a little? But what was going on behind his skin and bone was the least of my concerns, somehow my sword had missed its mark entirely. Not even a drop of his blood flecked the blade; which again was very surprising and a little disappointing. He had moved much quicker than anticipated, and despite my care the Gyspy was able to shift just enough so that the wind was what took a cutting. Fina had better luck, she viciously scraped along his right side. Digging in with razor sharp talons. I couldn’t see the damage she dealt; but the air was suddenly thick with the smell of burnt flesh. His shriek of agony also helped pinpoint that her attack had bleed fruit.

Fina pulled away after striking, her wings working hard to get up and out. I intended to follow that same movement, pushing to get past the patched brute before he could retaliate. Up and away, I angled toward heaven and thrust hard in the down stroke. Apparently I was to again be bested by his impressive agility though. Somewhere along the way the bully had risen up with a shocking rate of recovery, his silver tinted horn was turned toward the fleshy part of my armored hindquarter because the front half of my body had just flown past. As the last part of my rear angled down with the front half of my body reaching for the sky, I could feel the sweet wasp sting of his horn against my buttock. It pierced the meaty flesh about a half inch and scraped downward about two or so inches before it was pulled out of reach by my speeding self.

It was impressive that he was able to mark me. Two battles I had been in and not once had my quarters received so much as a scratch from horns. At least no poison dripped from the tip, the wound was merely an annoyance currently, one that was going to receive quick vengeance. Rising even higher into the cloudy mist I directed Fina away, positioning her far from our fray so that she couldn’t get hurt. Her young mind was still immature and though an attack had fallen successful, our element of surprise was ruined. I wouldn’t have her bleeding because of this fool.

Higher still I rose, my wings working to pull their master into the clouds. Up and down I stroked until he had become nearly invisible because of the mist. Using what concealment clouds could offer I banked hard and circled. My shadow flicked in and out on the ground, it was broken by patched sunlight that tried vainly to break through thicker fog up high. I circled once more and then did something that sent a thrill coursing through me despite the seriousness of the situation.

My wings tucked about halfway and I fell forward into a dive like a graceful flying rock. Now, if I had planned this carefully enough—this all would come as a surprise. Streaking toward his back from the rear, I used a technique that had been successful in the recent invasion. My forehooves extend while feathers thrust out to slow my approach. Heavy wings beat hard to keep my weight afloat. Failing limbs tensed, striking out when his spine and neck came into reach, I attempted to almost dance upon his shoulders with all daggers pointed down to deal as much damage as possible. This attack would only take a moment and then I planned on sailing back up hopefully out of his reach.

Round:: (4/4)

Word count:: 636

Magic/ Companion uses:: (2/2)

Summary:: Fly's straight up into the sky, Midas tries to conceal himself while he circles. Dives down from behind Crash and attempts to strike Crash's spine /neck with his forehooves and backhooves pointed down and failing.

Hidden Account

The warm flesh that the bird had singed stung and left an unpleasant scent lingering in the dense air. Shortly after, the fiery raptor dissipated into the sky, nothing left behind but her mark on his hide. Her master, on his own swift glide down, met the sharp end of the solid bone that reached to the sky from my forehead. The black and silver point dug into his lower buttock, emerging from the flesh as Crash's opponent pushed away from his body and back into the air.

The scent on his blood so close to Crash's flared nostrils aroused the draft in a strange way, sending violent pulses of adrenaline through his veins. The hot red liquid glided down the swirls, tracing the silver lining elegantly. Wings beating the air was all he could hear, his dark eyes directing themselves to the retreating male. White ears emerged from the mess of black mane and flicked toward the source of the sound, a sinister grin melting onto his dark mug.

The pussy was running away? How satisfying. Now all he had to worry about was finding that dumb mare and plucking a few of those damn feathers. That was all he wanted in the first place any how. The adrenaline still pumped its was through his body, not yet giving his brain the full awareness of how burnt and cut up he already was.

Cautiously, Crash continued to watch the sky that was now clear of the patterned brute. Maybe this was too good to be true. He should have known better. Off guard, Crash drew in a deep breath and dropped his large head, peering through the land to see if the mare had stupidly landed a little further away from their tussle. Hopefully, so he wouldn't have to go find her. That'd be a pain in the ass.

A chill ran down his spine, sending shocks to each nerve and making his pelt quiver. Something wasn't right. Ears flicked back again, hearing the slice of the air just before hard hooves hit his withers hard. A gust of air escaped his lungs and the draft fell to his front knees. The whites of his unusual eyes shown in the corners and his sight landed on Midas' bladed wings. Both of his shoulders ached, but were still able to rotate as he struggled back to all fours. The pain sent sharp signals to his brain, telling him to stay down. It was hard to, but Crash ignored the warnings, struggling up right.. barely. His feathered hooves sprawled out too far from each other, causing him to stand like a gangly foal.

Even though he was almost positive that the attack would do absolutely nothing, the Gypsy lashed forward with ivory teeth bared. The saliva strung from his teeth, creating webs of spit. The stallion may not have even been close enough to grab at, but it was all he had left to do with such a sharp pain coursing through his upper body. The quick movement of the attempted bite caused his unstable balance to push him forward, his silver hooves dragging with each quick step in order to keep his body up right.

Sum: Thinks Midas is retreating, causing him to be distracted. Midas comes down and hits Crash in the withers, throwing him to his front knees. Once Crash awkwardly gets up, he half attempts to bite at Midas.
Words: 535
Image Credit

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Sorry for the tardy reply.

72 hours had passed after Midas's post prior to Crash Course's response.
Midas is the victor by default and will receive 1 VP and has unlocked the battle buff BULK. Due to agreement through PM, Crash Course becomes Midas's prisoner.

Crash Course, you may challenge for freedom after 1 week.