the Rift

[PRIVATE] I am everything

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

There is something to be gained in brushing against death, something beautiful and painful and purer than any other experience could possibly offer. Thrice, since my birth, had I brushed close enough to death to feel it push back, egging me closer and sinking deft claws into the tender spaces beneath my joints and behind my eyes. It left filled pages in the novel of my life, patches of color in a world of conflict, passages of profound poetry amongst the drivel that makes up everyday life for you and me.

Twice did those brushes include the warm lick of lucid flame, a tender embrace that stifled before I could escape, suddenly hungry and intent on consummating our union with a fiery kiss. How greedily it laced against the darkness of my skin, singeing away stray hairs that stood between it and the mare it loved, the supple curves of a flank that it could roast so tenderly and with such earnest fervor. Why did I shy from its embrace, it wondered with all the innocence of a child. Was it the billowing smoke that singed my nostrils? It only emitted that to envelope me closer, to wrap around where it could not reach and share the sensations with my nostrils, my eyes. Was it the bite of the earth left barren and dark? No, says the fire, I left that there to warm your steps, to creep into the frog of your hoof and spire through the marrow of your bones.

It's a wonder I don't have arsonphobia.

Once, that beautiful brush with death happened in this very place. It haunts me now as I float across the crater, dangerously near the beating heart of the earth, each step pulsing with fall and fade of heat. The whispers of ghosts rise with every footfall, mushrooming clouds of ash blooming under heavy hoof, dulling golden limbs with the dull splendor of powdered death.

Kali hates it, this land where the Sun cast his fury on us both; and how can I blame her? She who clings to life, who loves to live and lives to laugh, how should she understand my subtle fixation with the delicacy of life and death? As closely as we are bound, so much are we different, and in truth I would have it no other way. Her innocence draws me from my reveries, her delight clears away the sands of time that seek to cloud my mind, the spindling web of questions and experiences that would capture me and bind me tight to the swell and fall of immortal designs. I can feel her thrill as she hunts among the brush for wayward mice and unwary weasels, keeping wide birth of the flaming pit but careful not to let me escape the keenness of her cerulean gaze. A gentle squeeze across our bond - play, little brat; I'll come back to you - and she's off again, dancing through the whistling wind and calling bright joy into the night.

I will never be alone again, but that suits me better than I had ever expected.

It is with detached passion that I meander about the crater, nimble limbs arching in step-and-again pattern that slowly picks up speed and grace as I near and retreat from the elegant fire. It's a beautiful thing, the liquid death, entrancing and menacing all at once. It's life, I think as I stare into the abyss; it's everything and nothing; it's death. Legs cross, muscles touch, and I'm moving faster now, a smooth dance tearing its way from the tangled webs behind my eyes and throwing itself onto the canvas of reality against any will or wonton desire. Liquid gold and starlight, I glide beneath the moon's soft glow, spirit taken by a music only I can hear. Happiness spurs my dance, happiness and loneliness and a curious wonder in this place of pain, a tender affection for the nearness of death that kisses soft butterflies on eyelash and nose. Fluidity in motion with the weave of lithe body and below, far below, the flickering prickle of magic that sits ever beneath the surface makes its way, unbidden, a greenish glow that blinds behind my eyes and gnaws at my skin before suddenly, abruptly, flooding every fiber of my being with life and wonder and connection.

I am everything.

The surging wave of wild and untamed magic is nothing new, but today it strikes stronger than normal, an overwhelming sense of knowing encompassing me and branching out to every organism around. There is a night owl high above, and I can see its desires, the drive for food and the quenching fear that her chicks will starve. Attention to Kali, who, frightened by the overwhelming surge of power, has come spiraling down to my rescue. She is made of simpler ideals, a deep sense of pride and a love that brings tears to my eye. She is healthy, but for a lingering patch of deadened cells where the sun burned her tail; she seeks always to enjoy, to be loved, to eat, to fly. Gryphon claws dig into the burnt clay as she takes her place beside me. I can see her nails bend, the muscles of her body strain, the pump of her heart.

I call out to her, and she mewls back. I am still dancing, moving, whether to or away from myself I know not. Pushed by the weight of my mind and the uncontrollable energy I am possessed with, Kali joins in. I can see the sinews of her muscles working, tendons and bones straining in joyous release.

I can feel my magic pulling at me, tempting me to look somewhere else - look within.

But I will not. I cannot. I fear too much what I might find.

Instead, I dance.

[ ooc || for Whit. ]
Image Credits

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

Fire flowed through their veins.

The brothers ran. There was fire fuelling their energy, crimson lava generating heat and motion, charred carcasses barely contained it as they tumbled across the lands. It was always this way after a fight. Madyrn had slept for a solid day after he unleashed the fury that was his weapon. Maskan stood by him, awaiting his brother to rise once more from the lowest of lows that come after once experiences the height of emotion. Madyrn's climax was his rage - the anti climax was his depression, his agony, the abysmal darkness that then threatened to swallow him whole. Maskan knew not to let it settle in, and so he urged the sibling into a race, a challenge, an activity to distract, to exercise, to exorcise the depression. Both brothers were capable of hiding most any emotion, but they still needed an outlet - their emotions were still prone to overloading.

As was a common trend for their family, physical motion was often the best outlet. Exhausting the body often tricked the mind into being just as exhausted, just as drained and allowed it space enough to virtually 'restart', to see the day in with a new outlook. They left their prisoner in the hooves of fellow warriors, they promptly put her at the backs of their minds, forgotten for all intents and purposes for this new day. Ash and dust billowed up behind broad hooves as the thick plates crashed down upon the earth, racing at a speed with which they have previously engaged in upon these very lands. Memories of the burns that afflicted their legs caused a tingle ripple across their body, as hair stood on end, and they received the equine version of goose-bumps. They blinked, as simultaneously, the vision of a dragon flying towards the Sun God in the sky above them roared, as their focus was upon nothing but their sister, their beautiful, moonlit little sister, being drenched in flames that they could not stop. Dampness upon their napes reminded them of the misty cloak they were once gifted, of how it had likely saved their lives, and that of their sister, albeit scarred, battered, broken - they were all alive.

But then their eyes opened once more, and they saw in the skies ahead a mass of white, a bundle of feathers and fur, beak and feline , claw and paw performing their ritualistic dance, and they know their sister to be infected with the same raw, wild, uncontrolled emotions that they are. Smiles cross the chiselled faces of the brothers, as their deep voices announce their obvious presences, arched napes holding their majestic crowns tucked near their chests. Madyrn moved with some stiffness, but he hides it well enough, ignoring the pulling, pinching, ripping sensation of scabs breaking across his shoulder. The brothers movement is executed with such precision, their legs blend together to form the dance of the flame about their sister, crimson socks licking the ground just the same way fire dances upon kindling. They are the fire, the predator, and within their orange eyes they behold their prey, their food, their fuel - their sister.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
RISHIMA
I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.

They come, the shadow and flame that act as outlines for the lines of my life, woven symmetry and clashing opposites engulfing the frail moonlight of my ebony frame, and I welcome them as I would my own skin. Measured steps fall into graceful beats, forceful movement countered by the floating elegance of narrow limbs, lithe frame. They encompass and encircle me, the fire of their legs and the dark of their coats starkly illuminated in the glow of the Earth's fire. Together, as one, we move; we dance.

The magic that threatened to escape my grasp still flutters eagerly in the foreground of my mind, but now it is different, turned inward rather than out, a frantic searching for something that I have yet to admit to even myself. I can feel it tear me inside out; I ache with the sensation of sudden exposure, the bright glow of self that tears away from my heart and throws itself into my brother's arms. Gone is the connection to all things- no, not gone. Altered, subtly and swiftly, and now instead of I being everything, everything is me. My soul is served on a silver platter for all to see, a decadent creation of hopes and fears, of insecurities and confidence and defense and desire, such desire like I have never admitted to feel before, and in this moment I feel such release. I am surrendered to my brothers, an open wound for them to capitalize; I am beyond my own reach, taken now by the flurry of my passions and the sinews of the sky.

And they are there to catch me, to feel the depth of all that I am and to bask in it, to use it, to fuel it. They who have ever been beside me, from that day that I awoke in the desert under a pale moon to this moment in time when I am released into their arms, to do with as they will. Taken by a lyrical wind, I arc away, slipping through tears in the fabric of dark and light, knowing full well that they will follow, that I can only move because they let me, just as they can only dance because I feed them. Turning, leaning; dark and long figure caresses the supple curve of the brother's flank, teeth grazing exposed skin as I wind about them, a figure eight of movement and touch, infinite in emotion, in passion, in closeness. I see a fire in my brothers' eyes, one that has nothing to do with the heated environment; and it is matched only by the inferno that threatens to tear through the silken weave of my exposed soul.

Close, so close; I dance beside them and they know me in every way, every way but one - a way I have never been known before, but now, in this instant of passion and shadow, long to experience, to share with them. Frantic energy and dark abandon wrap me in their warm embrace. I am not thinking, I am not planning; only feeling, and all that I feel is projected into them a thousand fold. Dance, Madyrn, Maskan; dance with me as we have never danced before. Burn me, chill me, catch me; I will bathe you in moonlight and the glow of the stars. Tonight is not a night for questions and second guesses. Tonight is for us, we who who have, through destiny and desire, ever been one.

Image Credits

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

She was their drug, their heroine, their crack, their addiction. Only a single dose and they were snared, like mackerel in a fisherman's net, the more they moved, the more entangled they became. It was deadly, or so it felt, fatal if they escaped this snare, fatal if they remained. The sin was so close, and yet, they resisted it - they had to. A strange pulsing seemed to hum from the figure of their sister that they danced around, hooves pounding into the earth with a steady rhythm, and as one the brothers each looked up at her - and saw her for what felt like the first time.

If they had been caught by her before, now they were consumed by her. The magic seeped into their bones, rolled over them, through them, like violent waves against a rough cliff face. She was the ocean, and they were lava flowing from a coastal volcano, their molten, fiery ways were halted by her, as their orange gazes followed her in a hypnotic stupor. Everything she feels, she desires suddenly drives them now, and without thought propelling their actions, they are in motion again - this time far more violent with their actions, far more carnal, more primitive, more hungry for the end result.

Every so often the brothers would move and clash together, great titans throwing their weight around into each other, teeth ripping shreds off each other, drunk and crazy madmen on this night of indulgence and lust. Each time they fell together, something told them to stop and fall apart again, and to keep chase of their little moonbeam, lest she escape them for good. Tension builds across the brothers' loins, and they know not in which order a duty was served, but dutifully and beautifully, it was done - both were expended and neither felt the guilt, the immorality, the strangeness that should accompany such a tri-bred coupling.

And that was because it was right, it was meant to be this way - it never could have been any other way. Blood had not bound them to this girl they called their sister, until now - now, blood would truly bind them, and they would be a whole family, dancing their rhythm of stars and moonlight, suns and fires forever more beneath the celestial banquet of the heavens above.