the Rift

[PRIVATE] Twice the Trouble (Questing, Rae and Ru)

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo
Loki
Loki

Flutter eyes lead him to in the heat of the day to the meadow. He was flying, long golden wings keeping him up fifty feet above the ground, and he kept at this pace in the middle of this hot day. He kept going, until he couldn’t fly anymore. He let himself fall; getting the sudden urge to stop as he almost hit the ground. The ebony shook himself, feeling exhaustion hit him as he made his way rather lazily to the hard ground. He hit, folding his golden wings inside as he walked away.

Moving across the downy meadow, he yawned, and felt himself sweating like crazy. He knew he shouldn’t be out on such a day, but he didn’t much care. He hadn’t much cared for anything for the past couple of days, except for getting as far away from the Edge as possible. He was upset with himself and with everyone else, and there was no way in hell he would ever live there, that was for sure now, whether it was his own accord or his own blood brother’s.

Sleepiness was tying him down, and he decided he would sleep, since his nights had been quite fitful since the events had taken place. He was looking for Angora, though she has been nowhere to be found, and he wondered if he was simply just wandering in circles, or if he was even actually looking for her and was just tricking himself into thinking so. Still, he needed a well-deserved nap, and he would take it. It found a nice spot in the shade of a tree, and rested his overused muscles onto the soft green grass. His head rested on more green grass, and there were some purple flowers growing near by. He was a little bit hungry, and stretched his neck out, taking the purple flowers in a large bite, and sat chewing while he lay on his side. He ate some more, and after that, lay his head down and fell into a restful sleep.

"Talk talk talk."
Am I the monster parents tell their children about at night?
Vikarus | Sakmaluk | Thy-Darkest-Hour | Chop-Stock
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

It was awfully hot that day, as if the sun was determined to give one last hoorah before Orangemoon hit. Hotaru was feeling rather outgoing that morning and had set out from the Foothills as fast as she could slip away from her mother and Stella's watchful eyes. Such a gorgeous day could not be ignored, it had to be thoroughly enjoyed and savored while it was there. Whether or not Raeden had decided to take her up on her offer to explore, which had been cried out to her twin in passing of the borders, Hotaru was ready and rearing to go. Careful to watch the skies for the ever observant Stella, the frail princess started out on thin palomino legs, giggling with every drumbeat she created with frosted hooves. Though she had no clue where she was headed, the fae still kept herself aware of where she had been, wanting to remember her way back. So even in the depths of flowering fields that glowed in every color beneath the sun's embrace, Hotaru knew the way back home. Small in her tender age, the foliage brushed at her shoulders at a good point and lifted high above her like skybound towers at bad ones. Even with vision impaired the unicorn carried on, giggles floating behind her on the air like butterflies cast loose from her maw in joy.

Silver locks with intertwined hairs of spun gold caught sunlight and dazzled an invisible audience as it glowed like moonlight and sunbeams. All that could truly be seen of her from the vantage point of an adult would be the top of her horn protruding from the thistle and perhaps a flash of dark strawberry coat as she jumped and played in an imaginary world all by herself. However play was eventually cut short due to an accident her dual painted eyes could not foresee. Ironically enough it was a physical presence that ended her play so harshly, though she mused later on that it likely hurt her more than him. All she knew was that she had swerved to avoid a tree and bam, someone was sleeping in its comforting shade, directly in her path. Of course she did not blame them, for they had done nothing wrong, but it didn't stop her from tripping over their large- far larger than her, dear spirits she'd never seen such a massive form- bodice, sending herself into an awkward jump to try and right herself. It didn't work out too well and she went sprawling in a daze, blinking multiple times to clear her vision. Gasping in horror once her thoughts stopped spinning, she leapt to frosty feet and bowed down to the stallion, blubbering apologies without even knowing if he was awake to hear them. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't see you! Did I hurt you?" Her own legs ached, making her stand a bit funny, but she felt positively terrible for crashing into the poor slumbering man.

::ooc- this was written when my sleep pills were kicking my butt and I was half dead, so please excuse the sloppy writing and errors
::tag- Loki, Raeden

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

Rae</style>

but everything looks perfect from far away.</style>

Where has Ru gone?!

Instantly, I am annoyed (Well, not really. I like the idea of chasing Ru down. Although we have grown, I still think of it as my duty to keep an eye on her, so I am acting annoyed). Anyways, I have no idea where she's gone. I think I heard her mumble something this morning, but I really can't be sure - she knew I was getting ready, and it isn't as if I could leave home without getting ready first. I mean, what if I meet my Prince Charming? I can't look like I've simply rolled out of bed and out into the world. Well...actually that is how I want to look - like it's just so easy to be beautiful, the way mama is, but of course, it isn't easy for me. And so, I woke early, cleaned my teeth and hooves, made sure my mane and tail were free of locks, and then set to ensuring my coat was free of burrs and grass stains. I almost wish we still lived in the stupid Woods - I didn't have to worry about cleaning the grass off of my light coat constantly....alas....

I too easily slip from Stella's view (What is that bird even doing? She never manages to follow us), and begin to look for Ru. I head south-west, at an easy canter. I like the canter best - it lets me stretch my legs and makes my mane and tail flow really prettily behind me. Maybe one day I will have magic like mama, that makes it glitter and shine? I would like that. As I move across the grasses, I am at least glad that she had gone exploring on such a nice day. Orangemoon is coming soon, and will bring with it lots of rain (Or at least I'm told. We haven't ever lived through that season yet).

Soon enough, her twin came into view. She was standing rather awkwardly looking down at something...Is she talking to a rock? Rolling her silver-flecked eyes dramatically, for any who might be watching, Rae slowed down to a bouncy trot, holding her head high as she pranced forward. As she neared, she tossed her small snout, causing her forelock to fall down on side of her muzzle. "Oh my gods Ru. Are you really talking to a ro-" Her eyes widened in alarm as she found it was not a rock, but instead a stallion. A big one. One of those....hi-birds, or something. Lowering her voice, she scooted to Ru's side. "Is it dead?" She whispered conspiratorially to her sister, lowering her muzzle slightly to sniff at the large body in the grass.

<333

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo
Loki
Loki
The snoring "rock" looked up in a next moment, unaware that there were two little bundles in front of him. He was too deep asleep to hear them speak, and he didn't much care for noise when he was tired enough, and could sleep through almost everything. It was now that the turned his black body over, spreading himself out, his golden wings extending to lay flat on the ground. Though it wasn't a comfortable position, and as his body moved, his head moved out of the shadow that has brought him to such a deep sleep. Sun light penetrated his thin eyelids, and he was immediately awoken, though not in a very good mood. He opened his eyes to see a small unicorn peering at him, and he grumbled, moving his head towards her, brushing against her. His intend was not to scare her, but simply to let her know that he was a living being.

He turned away from them at first, moving himself to standing position. He towered above the small fillies, his shire and friesian blood giving him a height advantage over some other horses, though he wasn't the tallest of the bunch. He stretched, bones crackling a little from staying in place for too long, and he let out a groan. He then turned back to them. There was another unicorn, also a filly close by, and it was almost as if there were the same. They at least looked very similar, and it was almost alien to him how two horses could look so much alike. Suddenly, his quest snuck out of the back of his mind. Find and meet twins. Were these two perhaps twins?

He smiled at them. They couldn't be more than a few months old, and they were out wondering by themselves? How silly. "Hello little beauties. I'm afraid you caught me at nap time. My name is Loki. Who are you two? And why are you out here all alone?"

{You guys can say that they're twins now, sorry for the lateness}

"Talk talk talk."
Am I the monster parents tell their children about at night?
Vikarus | Sakmaluk | Thy-Darkest-Hour | Chop-Stock
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

He hardly seems bothered that she practically tripped over his massive frame, in fact he snorts and stretches languidly along the emerald carpet as if completely unconcerned with the presence of the twins that gaze down at him like wide eyed babes. Raeden's whining has Hotaru's sea green eye snapping over to her, annoyance hidden beneath a calm submissive mask. Of course she wasn't talking to a rock how ridiculous could her twin get? Luckily the airheaded princess seemed distracted by the stallion at their hooves, whispering to the side at Hotaru as if speaking too loudly would cause him to lunge up and attack them like some possessed demon. Of course he did not, golden irises blinking open wearily to glance at them, still caught in Morpheus' arms. Huffing and groaning he rolled, drawing himself over and up to stand far taller than anyone Hotaru had encountered. He even seemed taller than Daddy! The nameless brute cracked and stretched, little sounds of delight escaping dark lips. Hotaru watched him wordlessly, and only then realized just how close she and her sister stood to him. Unnerved by his size and title of stranger, Hotaru moved to her left to close the small gap between her side and her twin's.

All it took was a small nudge with her shoulder, taking a few steps back, hide pressing against her paler counterpart. The little strawberry firefly didn't trust the giant stallion, and while her twin may scour the earth for her 'prince', the tri-toned fae was not keen on trusting him merely for his age and gender. He spoke with softness, a smooth honey sound that was meant to soothe and entice information. From behind her veil of alabaster locks she gazed at Loki soundlessly, level and cool. Finally she spoke, a gentle cadence despite its subtle wariness. "I'm Ru, and this is my twin sister Rae. Er, Hotaru and Raeden." Despite her slip up she tried not to feel embarrassed. Ru and Rae, that's simply who they were. It was the love, as hidden and hard to find as it was, within their bond. There was nothing else to define them, in her eyes. Ru and Rae, Rae and Ru. How else could she show her love for Raeden verbally? Should she try and say 'I love you' aloud, she'd likely be pushed aside or scoffed at, called a child.

What a sad relationship.

"We're only exploring." That's all that was offered to him, both out of shyness and lack of trust. With how she hid her left iris, there was no way she could glance easily at Raeden. Instead she tilted her crown fully, allowing Loki to see that she was meeting her twin's gaze. It asked how she felt about this, if she thought they should turn and head back for home, or if they should venture into this new meeting together.

--
Tag: @[Loki];@[Raeden]
Notes: That was awful ;____; struggled to write it so I could get it up for you guys, hope the tag made up for the awfulness.

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Sometimes I really don't understand Ru - we're identical for gods sake, how could she be so different than me? Like right now for instance, introducing us as Rae and Ru? This stallion is going to think that we're naive children, but we aren't. We're part of the mercenaries by birth-right, and yet here she is saying that we're merely exploring as if we spend our days simply flailing around. Like we aren't important. Well, maybe Ru doesn't want to be seen as important, but I do.

For a moment I wonder how we grew so far apart...There was a time that we were inseparable, and I felt like I could do anything with Ru by my side. Only now...now it is the exception, rather than the norm, that we find ourselves together. Stella has had to divide her time between watching us, which has seemingly aged the young bird considerably. I always thought having a twin would be...different. Like we would know each others thoughts before we even thought them. But now, I look at her and she's like...well, I don't even know. She's just different. I miss our closeness, although I would never say it to her. She's grown...so arrogant, at least I think so. She acts like she's so much smarter than me now.

My mind drifts back to the stranger, as Ru glances at me sideways. Rolling my silver-flecked gaze, I turn boldly back to the stallion, my small muzzle tilted confidently upwards as I stare up at him. "Who says we're alone? We're part of the Grey" I boast, looking about as if members of our mercenary-family could be hiding anywhere, just in case he got any funny ideas about encountering two young unicorns alone.

Image Credits