the Rift

Mysterious beginnings (open)

Navitas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Navitas

A icy cold blast of wind funneled down the mountains and into the timeless forest below. Navitas stood in a small grove of poplar trees, her cream coloured banner floating carelessly in the wind. She had not explored this part of the forest yet, and wondered what the shadows of the forest hid from sight.

Navitas Lifted her onyx crown to scent the air; there was many scents here, but all of them were old and stale. It was not the scent that she was searching for. Navitas had not come across another equine for quite some time, and her solitary lifestyle was starting to bore her.

Ever since her parents had abandoned her in the storm, Navitas swore that she could lead a nomadic lifestyle. But recently she was yearning for some sort of contact with other. This type of behaviour was unusual because Navitas; she always thought that she was completely independent from herd life, and that she needed no one to survive. However, her opinion on herd life was changing and she wanting something to fill the loneliness.

The sun was slowly setting on the forest valley, the dying rays crept lower and lower to the moist earth. The rays cast orange and yellow hues on the forest, signifying that the day was at its end. Navitas knew that she had to find shelter before it got too dark since the predators of the night came out to stalk their next meal not soon after the sun went down.

Tossing her pearly brown tresses Navitas loped deeper into the lush undergrowth following faint call of birds. Everything around her had taken a magical quality to it, for some reason the femme was anticipating something. Though she did not know what that "something" was, she knew it would be detrimental to the rest to her life.

The dame picked up the pace when she saw a small clearing ahead. The grass reflected the sun making the ground turn a golden colour. The clearing was almost circular and was ringed by ancient trees, their branches swayed with the mountain air. Navitas wandered gracefully into the clearing, her footfalls not making a sound, and lowered her crown to graze.

ooc: I'm not that great at starting posts :P
Word count: 371

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

The winds had changed, directing the mare's sweet, untainted aroma to the predator's swelled naves. He watched her fluid movements with a calculating stare, trying to discern whether or not this gentle creature would be worth his time. She showed no signs of any abnormalities -- her lowered head did not bear a horn, and her back did not house a pair of monstrous wings -- but the beast was hesitant about approaching her. She looked to be young and healthy, which was a bonus, but her health and her youth also let the brute know that she had taken part in few battles, if not any at all. He may be hard pressed for recruits, but he wanted willing, battle-ready warriors that would be prepared to run alongside him in wars that were sure to come. The buckskin had many plans in store for this land, and he could not afford to waste time recruiting the weak or simple-minded. Nonetheless, he was still looking for someone to bear him a few foals, and the vixen grazing in the clearing before him looked to be well-built and sturdy -- traits that he wanted to pass on to his child heirs.

Shaking out his body in anticipation, the quarter horse snapped his tail across his flanks and brought his head up in a friendly, authoritative manner. His long stride spoke of confidence and agility, his pale hooves covering ground in a rather timely fashion. Moments ago he had been on the other side of the small meadow, carefully watching his prey, but now he had almost made it to her side, and his gaze raked over her dappled architecture. Perhaps I was wrong. The vixen is more than just sturdy; she is strong and well-put together, with a scar -- Perhaps she has taken part in a number of spars? -- branded on her shoulder; long legs held up her light frame, but with a power and finesse that the brute almost admired. Those legs will carry her far, I'm sure, and are most-likely capable of out dancing even the quickest of soldiers. She may lack in brute strength, but perception and agility both play considerable roles when locked in battle with another. His musings about the onyx mare's potential were cut short by his own will, as he was more concerned about recruiting her in the present than he was in looking forward to an unsure future.

Without a word, the throne less king signaled to his dog to stay where he was; his companion hadn't moved from his spot among the trees since his master had glided into the clearing, but the brute just wanted to make sure that he did not scare the dappled fae away with his presence. Blue eyes rested on amber ones as he spoke in his low voice, calculating each move that the equine made in response to his introduction. "Good evening, young lady. What is a fine creature such as yourself doing in the Threshold at this hour? Oh, and do excuse my manners, my name is Ricochet. And what is yours?"

"Ricochet speaks"

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.

Unregistered
Navitas

The darkened forest fell quiet as the stallion approached Navitas, she turned her amber stare to appraise him, tensing as the wild tawny warrior came closer. She felt herself being attracted to the dun hued stallion; he gave off a heady scent of leaves, and masculinity. The stallion had long blackened scars on his face that made him look intimidating but it also made him more handsome and full of mystery. Navitas turned her bodice to face him directly, her ears flicking back slightly; she was not going to be overwhelmed by the aura that the stallion gave off. Navitas planted herself firmly where she stood, keeping her smoke washed crown high, the fae did not take to being dominanted well and would certainly put this male in his place if she had to.
Once she had affirmed her position, she started to study the stud in more detail. He was strongly built, with well-formed muscles that slid sensually underneath his dun pelt. His eyes were very striking teal hue, which she had not encountered on another equine. The dame could see that he was looking to claim her by the way he had approached her with such a strong stance, at least he is honest with his intentions.
The temptress, smirked at the stud in front of her, her flaxen banner flicking her sides, this might be her chance to finally join a herd, but this stallion would have to work for it. Listening to his charming baritone Navitas replied, “Pleasure to meet you Ricochet, though I am a little hesitant to give away my name so freely without purpose.” She paused for a moment, how much information should she give this tawny male?
“As for why I am here, I was just wandering through this area; the forest is so pretty when darkness descends.” Navitas replied vaguely, not wanting to give away all of her secrets at once.
“Why are you here at such a late hour? Shouldn’t you be tending to your mares?” Navitas cocked her crown in wonderment, was this her chance to leave her past behind and start anew with a herd? Or was Ricochet just another manipulating equine with ulterior motives, ready to take advantage of her unclaimed status.
Navitas then started to playfully circle Ricochet, looking at him from all sides, he had many battle scars that littered his body, she let her banner brush upon them ever so slightly as she circled. She wanted to know more about this intriguing stallion even if it got her into a bit of trouble.

words
word count: 426

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

The stocky buckskin found himself enthralled by her mystique, swinging his head up to peer over his sooty withers to watch the mare as she circled him. His crisp ebony locks fell over his eyes, providing a well enough curtain for him to hide his lust behind. Her gentle caresses against his flanks made him shiver with need, but he knew that he had not come here for that. The smoky mare was proving to be a wonderful play toy, yes, but he had plenty of time to go searching for more suitable mares to fulfill his needs. She had the boldness that he was looking for in warriors, not in mates, but he might as well enjoy the fun.

In a low, husky voice, the stallion answered, "There is only one mare for me." Stamping one of his fore hooves in excitement at yet another one of her soft touches, the quarter horse wheeled around on his back legs to face her, playfully nipping at her wither, trying to coax her continue playing his game. "I journey here some nights to recruit members for my Empire; we strive to rid the world of all its monstrosities. Perhaps... you would consider joining?"

After his attempt to nuzzle her mane, Ricochet began to circle the mare himself, trying to add to the dark and seductive atmosphere that the pair had managed creating. This might not have been how he had planned to claim the smoke-dusted vixen, but he was certainly enjoying himself. Stallions might be cursed with a brain between their legs, but the buckskin knew when it was time to keep himself in check.

Let's just not get too carried away. I don't want to have to deal with a pregnant wench coming after me once she's been left alone in the night. Teal eyes flickered to the edge of the moonlit meadow to the dog sitting there, almost warning the mutt that he had better interfere before things got out of hand, or else he'd be dealing with the fae himself.

{OOC:: Crap post. I had no idea what to write in response to this. Is it getting hot in here, or is it just me?}
"Ricochet speaks"

HP: 49.5
We want you for the Equine Empire.

Unregistered
Navitas

Navitas smirked, it was too easy to get the stallion going and playing into her game. Manipulating the emotions of males never got old for her, one moment she would be seductive and flirty, the next she would jump back and conceal all of her emotions by feigning boredom.
It was this tactic that allowed her to stay impersonal, you don't have to get close to the ones you play with. In a sense it was Navitas way of protecting herself because after the trauma of trying to connect with her parents but only to be shut down, she became harden towards forming any close relationships.

The fae’s ebony washed skin started to heat up slightly at the sound of his voice and his reply, but she was not the type to be ruled by her hormones, but the pull towards this patron was heady and awaken urges inside of her she never knew existed.
She squealed and ceased her movement when the male nipped her sensitive skin, leaving a slight stinging sensation, she saw the lust and need glinting in his teal eyes. And wondering if his intentions had changed from claiming her to something more primal. If he thinks I am mating with him he has got another thing coming.
Navitas burnt amber orbs widen slightly at his proposal; he wants me to join the herd! Navitas was giddy on the inside but her façade of seduction was still in place. Ricochet gently brushed her tresses with his maw and she shivered in delight. Her reaction was because his touch was the only one she had felt in many season and she relished in the physical contact. But from a spectator's view the shiver could be perceived as lust for the handsome buckskin.
“I’m not sure; can I trust a male such as yourself to protect me, what is to say that you will not cower when challenged? I do not want to associate myself with a coward.” The mare regarded him inquisitively; she still was not completely convinced that he was of good and true intentions. Though she wanted to accept his offer right away, she held off to see what he would do if his pride was challenged, especially coming from a mare of her rank, or lack thereof.
Navitas let him circle her twice then the vixen wheeled away and trotted just out of reach from the heated stud, she was in control of this game not him.
Navitas swished her banner back and forth, and shook her crown playfully, her entire body language screamed, Play with me! Though she was sure he had another type of play in mind. Navitas was set on testing the limits of the tawny stud, and she would get her results one way or the other.
Navitas snorted and pawed at the ground as she studied the Stallion, waiting for his reaction, it was then that she noticed that he was glancing over at one part of the meadow in particular, what does he keep looking at? What is over there? The vixen stiffened, a sense of dread washed over her but she repressed it, still waiting for response from the dun hellion. If it came down to it she would fight to defend herself, and she would win.
"What is it that you are looking for Ricochet? Am I boring you?"

Words
Thoughts
Word count: 563
Ooc: Things are definitely heating up, We might need some water or ice :P Sorry for the post being so shitty... I have low muse today