the Rift

[PRIVATE] Crushed Pearls{Torasin}

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}

A pale, lithe body traipsed amongst the falling leaves. Bright sun watches silver under orange move through the trees. Illusionary age'd beauty, a facade to the dark beneath. It was all consuming, that dark, and she needed a horse to help her, the pale mare to whom the silver hide belonged. She'd carried on too long now, and was afraid she'd succumbed to the sludge within her mind. The silly, the illogical, the black. She hoped she had not. Brown eyes cast about under heavy lids, looking for a golden splashed hide to match her white. Finding not what she sought, pinkish lips parted so utter his name,
Torasin....

It was a quiet, soft utterance with only a tinge of her former leader self hidden within. Gossamer smiled as Lazulli dove from the sky, a shining blue meteor, to land on a branch near her. His eyes held concern and she could feel his concern both in the air and through their bond. They both held hope that the gifted healer might be able to help her when she could not.

It was not that it was her fault, not as if she'd tried to be weighed down by deep despair, but it'd happened none-the-less. It was, she thought, likely brought on by so many an occurance: the loss of both Aarde and Crane(likely both dead now), the wonderful chance at a new start lost when she lost her land, the absence of her lifelong mate(Indy) and the feeling of being surrounded by so many and yet being alone. Mirage was too busy, Aaron promoted and Solstice busy with her foals, and none others she knew were there to lend the shoulder she needed. And how could she ask them anyways? Even the Shadow, while a good friend, was not the close she needed now. Oh, Torasin, thinks the pale mare, I hope you can help me.

blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah

{Sorry for the somewhat rambly post. I hope I got it across well enough}

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

The sun was pleasant though it's heat was lacking the vigour of Tallsun, the trees rustled and chattered amongst themselves. No doubt preparing for the shedding of their leaves in beautiful burning colours. A glorious brown, 12 this season, was dancing in full flight, enjoying his leap into the adult world. It seemed like yesterday he was just a child, peeping through the cracks in his shell to stare upon his golden friend. Together they had grown, their bond was stronger with each passing season and now the fruits of their friendship had finally blossomed into the ultimate partnership. How long ago was it now? When Torasin had first met Mirage and her royal companion upon the godly fields, when he had admired their companionship and sought after one himself. He closed buttered lids over emerald eyes, oh! How far had they come now! His first and best friend was now a Leader, he the head of healers, so much more responsibility rested on their shoulders. Sometimes, he wished they could return to those days of simple conversation one last time. Yet, he had no regrets.

Kiba had finally reached the pinnacle of his flight, spiked tail flicking happily from side to side as leathered maw rose to the wind. He sucked in through his mouth and sort the burning place within his body, drawing it up and spitting it out in a blazing, spectacular fire. Torasin watched in awe, that had to be his best one yet, the flame flickered and eventually the small show was over. The Doctor shouted his praise to the dragon who proceeded to perform flips and twirls in pride. Sometimes the gentle healer had to remind himself, just how powerful they had become. He was no fighter, but he was no push over either. Not with Kiba by his side.

The paint chuckled and continued his walk, his bonded coming to join him atop his rump, settling down to clean his scales. They walked like this for sometime until gilded ears picked up his own name on the wind, it sounded like Gossamer much to Torasin's suprise, concern lacing his face as he hoped she wasn't injured in someway. He picked up his gait into a brisk canter, swerving round trees untril he eventually found the pale mare and her blue coloured friend. Torasin quickly brought his pace to a halt and gave her the once over, she seemed okay, was she calling simply for a social visit? Torasin felt relief flood through his body and placed a warm smile upon his features. "Milady Benevolent. You called me, ma'am?" He said in his gentleman manner. Kiba trilled softly to the blue that accompanied her and teetered on the edge of his bonded's rump, he'd never really had the chance to meet Lazulli properly and excitement tinged every bone in his body. Though when he spoke in the vaults of Torasin's mind, his voice was filled with conern.

Something's wrong, something troubles them.

Like what?

The dragon didn't answer and instead gave Torasin a doubtful look. The healer kept up his friendly gaze though and ignored the foreboding in his heart. As always, he would be there for any friend in need.

texture by elenmire@deviantart

Hidden Account
Illusion{Illu}

She stands there for a short time, a cool breeze moving her mane a bit. The Benevolent stares at all which is around her, the beauty, the sunlight streaming through the leaves above. It is all so wonderful, and yet she feels as if she is no longer entitled to it.

"STOP IT! You must stop this madness!" screams Lazulli into her mind
"Oh, but I can't help but feel this difference my love. Don't you?"
"No, I refuse to even think it. As should you!" He huffs in return, dragon tears starting in his eyes.

He had been her one true man throughout her life. Even if she'd been wrong, he'd stood by her side. He'd been her reason in her anger, her best friend, her shoulder to cry on through all the hard times. He had been the very best companion anyhorse could have had. She smiled sadly at him and felt his despair.

The painted one came then, quickly, through the trees only to stop, confused. His kind greeting tickles a hint of a smile to her lips, but not for long. "You called me ma'am?" he inquires. Yes, that she had. But to speak what was on her mind. It was a hard thing. Her golden orbs flit about, looking for a way to explain what she wanted to say. When she did manage to choke something out, her words were soft, quiet, and her voice held only a trace of her formal silk,
"I...ye...That I did Sir Torasin. I called you because.....well...I'm not sure how to ask this, but can you heal ailments of the mind?" her eyes held a pleading look in them, even needing, as she waited to see if he'd help her, if he could....even if he'd just listen.

Lazulli, on the other hand, did not ignore Kiba's friendly trill. The blue was old enough that he cared not for dragon ranks any longer, and he replied to the Brown's greeting with a quiet chirrup of his own, inviting Kiba to sit at his perch.

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

Indeed, the more he studied her face the more concerned he became. Perhaps Kiba was right, rarely was the brown wrong in his perceptions, and there truly was something bothering Gossamer. She seemed okay physically and in no dangerous situation, but that only made the gentle healer more nervous. What if it was something he couldn't treat? Like his daughters eyes, blindness could only be cured by a God and his power was far from being that almighty. Even if it was a gift from them. He shifted on his hooves, his gaze patient as he waited for her to find the words that seemed so difficult to grasp. When finally she did speak it was so different from her normal voice, it was quiet like a shy young girl admitting something that was embarrassing for her. As her voice ended on a rather desperate question, Torasin allowed his gaze to soften noticeably and deepened his encouraging smile.

"It is a grave thing to think something ails your mind milady. I, unfortunately, can only use magic to heal physical wounds. Though if I know what troubles you, maybe I can help you in a different way, ma'am. You have my full attention and love as a friend." He said kindly with his voice holding notes of concern. Though he would always consider her a friend, Torasin knew very little of the pale mare and her blue bonded, their history was completely unknown to him. Apart from the fact she was a former Chieftess and always had kind words for him. Torasin wasn't the type of stallion to intrude on another's life without permission, so he remained ignorant of most things, his tongue never shifted a word of gossip.

Kiba unfurled his wings and glided over to the older blue, warbling softly in tones of greeting and friendship as he joined the elder on his perch. Flicking his long, leathery tail from side to side in companionship whilst Torasin kept his eyes of the alabaster form of Gossamer. Golden ears curved forwards to catch the important words.

[ooc; so sorry for the wait illu D: My muse for him was completely shot.]

texture by elenmire@deviantart

Hidden Account
Illusion{Illu}

She watches him closely. In fact, as closely as he watches her, do her doe colored eyes look for signs of help. The pale fem does not know what he thinks, remaining outside of his mind until he speaks, and she finds that he offers her solace...and does not turn her away. Not that she was surprised, per say,(for Torasin had always been kind-souled) but that she finally got to speak everything she'd lived through to somehorse who was willing to listen. Thank you Torasin, for offering to listen, but the tale will be long. I hope you don't mind. and she blinks a bit, not to pull back tears, but to pull herself back to her past. I could leave out my past, I suppose, but I don't think that it would make much sense if I just addressed solely what has recently happened. I have lived a long life. I'm, what?, 13 or 14 now? Something like that. When I was born, I was born into a life a purebred Royalty, I was a Princess of sorts, but I was controlled down to the slightest twitch of a tail. One day, I realized that this was, by no means, what I wanted for my life, much less any foals I might have. So I left and found Isilme, where I met Indy(my mate, I'm sure you've met him at least once in the past) and we were together for the rest of my life, until now, but more on that later. I had twins, Soleil and Crane. But, as they grew, Soleil grew away from me as I tried so desperately to pull her back, to make her mine once more. Crane simply became crazy, evil, and he turned on Indy and I when we left the tumultuous land for a time, telling everyhorse we were dead. During that time I also adopted the child of the Equine God there, Aarde, you might know of him. But Aarde died in the blackout. So I had three foals, one who chose not to love me, the other who betrayed me, and the last I lost. I felt their movements, heard their little thoughts while they grew inside me, and became so close to them, only to have them sever that bond. Aarde, the foal I was present for at his birth, the colt whom I traversed the entirety of Isilme in a quest to save his life after his mother abandoned him, died. Do you know what that feels like? To have all your children abandon you in terrible ways? I hope you don't. I have one last, though, Enheduanna, who tries to love me and, to some degree she succeeds, but shes been hurt by this past too, and I don't think she knows how to truly love because of it. I couldn't protect her.

When I came here, it was like a new start, away from all the pain of the past. With Indy at my side the gods gave me a herdland, they gave me purpose and strength. I was re-united with the daughter I had lost to my youngness, I met her gallant mate, I watched Enna grow, I watched my herd grow, and I felt their love. I worked for the greatest good, I worked to please those I loved. To protect them, to help them, to die for them if need be. But I should have known from my past that, just as easily as the gods give, they take away. Paladin( Soleil's mate) challenged me for my position. Rather than ask me for it, rather than treat me as his family, he treated me with hatred. And Lazulli burned him horribly, a terrible injury, and we inflicted pain when that was the one thing I had vowed to never do. But we lost, and I left, because my life was broken. All my hope, all my happiness, had been taken away once more.
tears threatened at the edges of her eyes, but she pulled in a big gasp, and moved on, And that is my life. Its a story of great hope, loss, happiness, and utter failure and pain. The only constant thing I've ever had in my life, aside from Lazulli, was Indy. But he's gone now too, I assume he's left me, the only stallion I've ever been with. And now, I have no family, no one who loves me, no true home, and nothing to truly do. I feel so useless, I feel so lost and unbalanced. I know other horses have had the same difficulties in life, and I don't intend to complain, but something has gripped me, after all this sadness in my life, and it feels as if I've fallen into sticky mud so deep that I cannot get out. I just wish I had somehorse who loved me. I wish that everything I've worked for, all I've done for those I love, hadn't amounted to nothing in their minds....

I wish, I wish I really meant something to someone.